Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
Anyone have any recommendations for an idle/incremental with a bit of a graphical element to it? I have a hard time getting into the ones that are just numbers and bars (kittens game is great, but I personally need more of a visual anchor). I love idleon and ngu, and I'm looking for others that have a bit more to look at in the gameplay loop/skinner box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's simplistic and stopped updating long ago, but I really liked Structure a couple years ago.
http://structure.zefiris.su/
I'm not sure what it was, but it's probably the only incremental I've played for weeks, since not many others really grab me long term.

There's just something so satisfying about watching those lines and nodes getting chomped up, since it's rare to see incrementals where the entire growth part of it is visualized directly. Especially when you're dropping into virtual worlds and you can just chomp up everything in a matter of seconds.

It's a huge shame it only got updates for a few months in early 2018, and then nothing after that.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

SubNat posted:

It's simplistic and stopped updating long ago, but I really liked Structure a couple years ago.
I'm not sure what it was, but it's probably the only incremental I've played for weeks, since not many others really grab me long term.

There's just something so satisfying about watching those lines and nodes getting chomped up, since it's rare to see incrementals where the entire growth part of it is visualized directly. Especially when you're dropping into virtual worlds and you can just chomp up everything in a matter of seconds.

It's a huge shame it only got updates for a few months in early 2018, and then nothing after that.

I couldn't remember if I'd played this one or not

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Pachincremental (or something like that? Pachinco Incremental) is very visual.

The Alkahest series are quite visual in my opinion. They are mostly numbers, but the location of the various nodes on the screen matters, its not just long lists of text.

The Steam-idlers are visual, e.g. NGU, Melvor Idle, Wizard and Minion Idle.

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks, I'll give wizard and minion a shot, I keep hearing mixed things about melvor, but I may try that as well. Helps that they both have an Android version.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Speaking of Melvor, Space Station Idle 13 came out with an update that adds a new job class.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Orb of Creation has some quite pretty numbers going up and bars filling. I just picked up the steam version; pretty happy with it

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Giant Octopus posted:

Thanks, I'll give wizard and minion a shot, I keep hearing mixed things about melvor, but I may try that as well. Helps that they both have an Android version.

Can confirm on both. Im playing WaMI now, and bounced hard off melvor, but I never played runescape so ymmv

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
A few goons have been playing a game called Elethor. It's in the same vein as Amaranthine and Avabur, where there is an action timer that can be refreshed to attack monsters and mine ore.

https://elethor.com/

Recently the dev put out a patch that made the early game much quicker, so its a great time for new players to jump in. A side affect of the change also makes it so older players get a large refund in their masteries, which means its also a great time for returning players to come back!

Our corp has 9 or 10 free spots open for anyone who wants to come give it a try! PM Xerol or houtens for an invite. Our unofficial discord is the goons only channel on the NGU server, so you can also bug people there.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

SubNat posted:

"updating offline progress, 149 weeks 12 hours"

I guess i played it 3 years ago.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When does structure prestige or anything? I made it to level 7 but it's realllllly slow and I feel like I need new mechanics to make substantial progress.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Crell posted:

older players get a large refund in their masteries

I havent played the game in several months (was by no means in endgame but i had e.g. combat 100) and i can't see any indication that anything was refunded? Any examples of what changed or where i can see it?

zbn
May 11, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

I havent played the game in several months (was by no means in endgame but i had e.g. combat 100) and i can't see any indication that anything was refunded? Any examples of what changed or where i can see it?

If you levelled the masteries Pack Hunter and Carnage, then all that mastery experience has been refunded in the form of a new currency (Data Chips) which you can either spend on levelling other masteries, or sell on the market (current value is ~3m gold per chip, so about 3b in total for the refunded masteries).

Full patch notes are here: https://elethor.com/patchnotes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Crell posted:

A few goons have been playing a game called Elethor. It's in the same vein as Amaranthine and Avabur, where there is an action timer that can be refreshed to attack monsters and mine ore.

Recently the dev put out a patch that made the early game much quicker, so its a great time for new players to jump in. A side affect of the change also makes it so older players get a large refund in their masteries, which means its also a great time for returning players to come back!

Our corp has 9 or 10 free spots open for anyone who wants to come give it a try! PM Xerol or houtens for an invite. Our unofficial discord is the goons only channel on the NGU server, so you can also bug people there.

Looks neat, I'll check this out

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ah, yeah i got a ton of data chips.

Figured it was just some new currency i accumulated.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Crell posted:

I forgot I was playing this. I just dumped everything I had accumulated back into the corp and then left as I don't have time to be playing any more.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Crell posted:

sure, why not, in as luckyguy

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Ineptitude posted:

Pachincremental (or something like that? Pachinco Incremental) is very visual.

The Alkahest series are quite visual in my opinion. They are mostly numbers, but the location of the various nodes on the screen matters, its not just long lists of text.

The Steam-idlers are visual, e.g. NGU, Melvor Idle, Wizard and Minion Idle.

Well, now I have a few new games to check out.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

DACK FAYDEN posted:

When does structure prestige or anything? I made it to level 7 but it's realllllly slow and I feel like I need new mechanics to make substantial progress.

Level 7 you get an ability to use gold to upgrade nodes, it's a bit of grind to get the first node captured, but once you upgrade it by 2 or 3 levels then things speed up for a bit

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Structure is a pretty slow game but that's fine since it's pretty heavily automated. When things get slow just let it sit for an hour or two.

Once you get access to upgrading nodes I think the strat is to keep your second slider mining and let it level up (so it mines more) until you have the whole map upgraded to at least 2 or 3. note that output increases by 4x and cost by 8x every level, so it's always most efficient to upgrade evenly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 6, 2022

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Lucky Guy posted:

sure, why not, in as luckyguy

Invite sent.

Also we (I) accidentally kicked too many people so we've got 2 slots to fill immediately and up to 4 more slots (>2 months inactive) we can free up if more people want to join.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Just jumped back in, those patch notes seem good all around

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
For the new ore returning guys on Elethor, there's a very obtuse shortcut you might want to use. 99% of your revenue comes from uv/plat for the first part of the game, like 20m-80m a day depending. Here's what you do:

1. Ask in our chat to borrow a nut, probably 80-100m. This is a trifling amount for most of us.
2. Go to market buy like 100,000 Unsorted Valuables for 800ish today, 80m total
3. Go to Character->Recyclobot and turn those into points
4. Hit Purchase 1 Platinum till you run out, you should have 13-14 platinum now. Each platinum costs a bit more than the last.
5. Go to the market, sell those puppies for 10m each. Now you have 140m.
6. Send your lender back 80m and keep 60m.
7. Don't spend the profit. Keep it for tomorrow, you can do this once per day. Once you get over 150m, spend on whatever.
8. As UV/plat prices fluctuate, feel free to ask in corp chat how many you should make. 15-18 plat a day is almost always all profitable.
9. Buy credits on the market to get VIP, gives you 10% more plat and should pay for itself over the week. You don't need to buy VIP with real money.

This game isn't an RPG, it's a capitalism simulator

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I am enjoying Elethor so far but man some of the UI stuff is driving me bonkers. If you're making gear do you generally just make a bunch at once and go check them all to see if any have better stats? I feel like I should make one at a time so I don't waste the mats on 10 gloves if the 5th pair ends up being the best one but every time you go into the inventory screen to check it resets all the fields in the crafting tab when you go back and arghh.. I'd also really love a way to check stock of materials/currency without going to the inventory tab. There's so much space on the bar up top there next to the tabs just let me sticky a few resource counts up there!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Depending on what tier you are crafting, you don't have to get max stats, because you will be replacing it fairly quickly. The latter teirs have static base stats as well, so you don't have to worry about it. I think you just need to make sure the total +/- is positive and you are good to go for like t3/t4

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Please keep bringing up early/mid-game pain points as it's something we can bring to the dev and try to get improved. Early on (tiers 0-3) you don't need to worry about the gear stats at all since you're going to move through them so quickly anyway.

Tiers 4-6 you're going to spend a bit more time in, individually, although we also recommend skipping T6 anyway because it's not a big enough improvement over T5 and the cost increase starts to get significant (although at T6 you can craft a shoulder to fill the empty slot, but other than that you can ignore most of it). For those tiers we generally recommend rolling >0 on armor, pierce, and speed stats (sav/fort can be whatever, since you make up most of those stats with reinforcements). One of pierce/speed could be negative if your don't get a good roll in a few attempts, so don't immediately trash those if they could be a candidate. But in the long run you're not going to be spending a tremendous amount of time in most of this gear, I'd just make sure you get good rolls on the T5 gun. Reinforce everything you get at this tier, about 50/50 between sav and fort, and unlock energizements but don't spend a ton of time trying to get specific ones (but roll off bad ones if you see them - anything "per 10 levels" at this tier is not going to do much because you don't have levels yet).

T7 is the last time you need to worry about random gear stats (T8 and up have fixed stats) and for that you are mostly aiming for total speed breakpoints for more attack speed (the wiki has a chart) while still having >0 pierce/armor. T7 is also when you should start to consider empowerment, which will let you skip some T8 before going to T9 (the current endgame) - T8 is somewhat but not entirely skippable if you want to progress at a reasonable pace, and much of the T8 gear is unreasonably expensive to craft (more expensive than empowering T7 higher, at least).

T7 is also when you want to start getting optimal energizements - many pieces have energizements exclusive to that slot or a limited number of slots, and those are generally better than the generic ones (sav/fort/pierce/armor). Sav/fort per 10 levels is bad until at least T9 and the jury's still out even at that level. Armor/10 is the best thing you can put on your chest, speed% on boots and legs, damage and IDR (mostly damage, for T7 mobs) on guns. Augments also have some exclusives, see below.

When you hit a certain point in the main quest you'll also get augments, those go in the 4 slots to the right of your main gear - brain, ear, eye, and arm. The T1-2 stuff you get from the early quest you can just throw on and forget about (after reinforcing and energizing). At T6 there's replacements that go in all 4 slots, which have some exclusive energizements that become vital to roll for because there's no new augments until T9 - you're going to be wearing these a long time so it's worth investing a lot in. Health% on ear and damage% on arm are the big improvements here, and the reinforcements on the brain and eye give speed too. These should be the first gear you empower as well, once you're settled into T7 for the most part. Depending on how fast you get to T9 level and how much of T8 you want to skip, you want to get these to at least E15, and maybe E20. Also, goons that craft T9 augs can hand their T6 augs down to newer players for one Redeeming Coin (5 credits = about 70m gold at this writing).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The weirdest part for me was by them giving everyone 15 kills at once and removing the perk that all the guides say to get ASAP I didn't really understand how the gently caress combat is supposed to work. I talked about it in the in game chat a bit but I'm killing monsters that should be kicking my rear end and my health bar is actually just always a negative number, yet they are dying and I am getting mats/kills for the quests so it's weird. I imagine once I start to catch up with the enemies I'm fighting this will correct itself but that was definitely funky.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

explosivo posted:

The weirdest part for me was by them giving everyone 15 kills at once and removing the perk that all the guides say to get ASAP I didn't really understand how the gently caress combat is supposed to work. I talked about it in the in game chat a bit but I'm killing monsters that should be kicking my rear end and my health bar is actually just always a negative number, yet they are dying and I am getting mats/kills for the quests so it's weird. I imagine once I start to catch up with the enemies I'm fighting this will correct itself but that was definitely funky.

Basically what you're doing is you're overkilling X monsters at once. When you kill a monster, you automatically (and sort of invisibly) fight another slightly stronger copy of the monster, and you do that until you run out of HP or hit your max kills. The negative HP is what you have left on the last monster.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Jesus, trying to 4-star Bioseed in Antimatter is painful even with Bleeding Effect purchased. I'm a few IRL days into this run and I've only just gotten to Mars. With Ents. I've got 552 anti-plasmids and I feel like that still won't be enough. I dread how it's going to be in any other universe.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It'll be easier in other universes since you'll actually have decent Mastery to work with.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Jabor posted:

It'll be easier in other universes since you'll actually have decent Mastery to work with.

I wonder if I'm actually even going to be able to leave Antimatter at this point given how hellish Bioseeding is, alone.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I would not recommend a 4* black hole run for the first time you try to leave.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Orb of Creation is out on steam and it totally rules. Tons of things to make go up, and lots of nice synergy effects. The early game is pretty active, but you can get to a point where all the resources fill up eventually.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Jesus, trying to 4-star Bioseed in Antimatter is painful even with Bleeding Effect purchased. I'm a few IRL days into this run and I've only just gotten to Mars. With Ents. I've got 552 anti-plasmids and I feel like that still won't be enough. I dread how it's going to be in any other universe.

It shouldn't be taking anywhere near that long for AM bioseeds. You're building up temples and staffing them for faith, yeah?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

It shouldn't be taking anywhere near that long for AM bioseeds. You're building up temples and staffing them for faith, yeah?

Staffing?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Priests from temples/ziggs to boost the faith bonus which is a prod mult.

The priests aren't worth stacking above other jobs but it can be a decent little buff.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 7, 2022

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

Priests from temples/ziggs to boost the faith bonus which is a prod mult.

I don't have priests yet, I remember being told to hold off on unlocking them.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Falcon2001 posted:

Orb of Creation is out on steam and it totally rules. Tons of things to make go up, and lots of nice synergy effects. The early game is pretty active, but you can get to a point where all the resources fill up eventually.

Does that have steam save?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I don't have priests yet, I remember being told to hold off on unlocking them.

Fair. They're not essential. The temples and ziggs give the majority of the buff even after they're fully upgraded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

Fair. They're not essential. The temples and ziggs give the majority of the buff even after they're fully upgraded.

Apparently my 28 temples are providing a production bonus of 0.69%. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong there or what.