Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

TheKingslayer posted:

You nailed what really bugs me about Jim's bullshit. He's as far from some kind of manly man as you can get and he's trying to gatekeep what being masculine is like any of that matters in this day and age.

That's generally how it goes, look at Ben Shapiro or Charlie Kirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Seams posted:

He does Schiavone, Arn and JR which are all uncontroversial. The Prichard one is good if you want insight into the Mind of Vince. Dunno about the Jarrett one.
My World is *excellent*. Jeff is enthusiastic, has a great memory—especially if you have the details to help him jog it, and has shown much more emotional and factual honesty than the vast majority of wrestlers who have had podcasts. I mean, they did their Owen Hart/Over The Edge episode *really* early and it includes a lengthy rumination on how one of the counselors in rehab helped him realize that he had severe PTSD from Owen's death. Even if you don't like the other Conrad shows, it's WELL worth checking out.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
I might have to check that out at some point. I get the impression Jeff Jarrett doesn't like, horrifically suck as a person or anything, he's just the ultimate carnie. Which, you know! Produces a lot of interesting stories. I had no idea he had a podcast.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheKingslayer posted:

You nailed what really bugs me about Jim's bullshit. He's as far from some kind of manly man as you can get and he's trying to gatekeep what being masculine is like any of that matters in this day and age.

He's a beef simp.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nea posted:

I might have to check that out at some point. I get the impression Jeff Jarrett doesn't like, horrifically suck as a person or anything, he's just the ultimate carnie. Which, you know! Produces a lot of interesting stories. I had no idea he had a podcast.

He let TNA run as a boys club where sexual harassment and racial discrimination ran wild. He loving sucks as a person and I have a feeling his super honest podcast doesn't deal with that very much.

Also now he's palling around with a random state assemblyman who isn't just anti-vax, he's anti-HPV vaccine.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 14, 2022

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nea posted:

Tell that to Daffney

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

bartok posted:

Tell that to Daffney

What did Jarrett specifically do to Daffney? I know about her injury and TNA being assholes to her.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Ah, well, fair enough. My apologies, I guess I was missing some information.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nea posted:

Given Jeff's background of coming from two generations of promoters with not only his dad but also his grandmom I would honestly be shocked if he wasn't carnie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

What did Jarrett specifically do to Daffney? I know about her injury and TNA being assholes to her.

While Jeff was mostly out of power when her injury and other lovely treatment happened, the people he put in place and helped defend like Terry Taylor were running talent relations and other parts of the company. The treatment she received was very similar to treatment women like Desire received when Jeff was still running the company. There were lots of other examples of executives in the company outright harassing women in the 2002-2006 period. And lots of lawsuits, with Terry Taylor's name coming up alot. Although some of those were for racial discrimination too. But women like Desire did not have good things to say about Jeff specifically on top of the lovely culture in the company.

Just remembered how Goldylocks described going to TNA management when she was being harassed:

quote:

"There's the sexual harassment that I endured in the early days of TNA...I went to management, let them know what was going on and saying 'What do you want me to do about it?" And they asked me to keep my mouth shut, don't rock the boat. Because rocking the boat back then, anytime, it's going to screw things up for everybody. It's going to cause attention, they're going to lose money they're going for...sponserships...etc. So they said 'Let us handle this, and please, just keep your mouth shut.' Okay, fine. I have friends there, I didn't want to blow their only shot."

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 14, 2022

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Bryan: Well, Dave. Let's talk about this duel.
Dave: So, so, okay. I wouldn't call it a "duel," necessarily. It was more of a quarrel.
Bryan: It was advertised as a duel.
Dave: Yeah, I mean, they do that. You know, false advertising. It's like, they say we're going to be using broadswords and the guy comes out with a freakin' falchion. Uh, so, anyway. Sure, I mean, it was what it was.
Bryan: What was up with that guy with the mace?
Dave: It was a morningstar.
Bryan: Are you kidding me?
Dave: A lot of fans these days, you know, they can't tell the difference. They'll call it a mace or a morningstar or a flail. Fans in Japan, you know, you think at the Tokyo Dome they're going to mistake a katana for a wakizashi? American fans don't care.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Dave: So, so, okay. I wouldn't call it a "duel," necessarily. It was more of a quarrel.
Dave: Yeah, I mean, they do that. You know, false advertising. It's like, they say we're going to be using broadswords and the guy comes out with a freakin' falchion. Uh, so, anyway. Sure, I mean, it was what it was.
Dave: A lot of fans these days, you know, they can't tell the difference. They'll call it a mace or a morningstar or a flail. Fans in Japan, you know, you think at the Tokyo Dome they're going to mistake a katana for a wakizashi? American fans don't care.

This is amazing

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
mfw when someone chases someone around the joint with a pair of soiled pants

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Amazing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No one had talked about Jim in a month so he decided to up the misogyny to get some attention.

https://twitter.com/WilliamRBR/status/1505947393111453697

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, so it's not sexist so he went with racist instead. I see.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"This is not sexist, I am simply observing a fact that women in cage matches suck rear end."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Why are they chickens

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Why are they chickens

Because he's not racist.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why is she a foot though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he says he wants to be superkick headbutted by the most successful referee in the business. he wants it to be a superkick and a headbutt at the same time, and his little minion co-host keeps freaking out saying that's impossible but corny's just explaining his drat head off. and saying he's going to kill the minion. he's pissed at that guy.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

he says he wants to be superkick headbutted by the most successful referee in the business. he wants it to be a superkick and a headbutt at the same time, and his little minion co-host keeps freaking out saying that's impossible but corny's just explaining his drat head off. and saying he's going to kill the minion. he's pissed at that guy.

Seer riddle us not, will the foot woman hurt us or not we are afraid

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why is she a foot though

I think MJF called her that on commentary during the FTR vs rear end Boys match. It's still a miserable image though.

Also, I just remembered that his idea for the original Bucks vs FTR match was for FTR to actually shoot on the Bucks and hold them down and pin them for real and he really has become what he despises most. You either die a respected figure in wrestling or you live long enough to become Vince Russo, although in Cornette's case the respected figure bit passed a long time ago.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1511671167664410626

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wow so they really gave this veer guy the superfly snuka foreign wild man cumblast city gimmick

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jim's right, the headline could've had room for a couple more jizz puns.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I just know that, in spite of everything else that is either currently happening and might continue to happen between now and whatever the gently caress day he drops his podcast, the next episode WILL have a horrendously illustrated depiction of that table match with the Hardys in it. Predict what hilarious visual gags will be included below.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Quoting from a reddit because I am not listing to Cornette for any reason

quote:

When reviewing the Sami Zayn match he went off on a rant about "how big of a* holes Sami and Kevin Owens were in ROH". He says "Sami said my stuff was cheesy"..then when talking about how bad this match was he says..."At least Owens was in the ring with stone cold" but the "loving the red headed ginger Muslim French Canadian here had to stooge for a god d**** brain damaged moron"

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

ranting about muslims went so well for you last time, Jim. maybe you can run off another co-host keep it up

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

ranting about muslims went so well for you last time, Jim. maybe you can run off another co-host keep it up

Nah his current co-host is such a piece of poo poo that it won't matter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wait a minute

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did he run off the great brian last or somebody before then?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cavauro posted:

did he run off the great brian last or somebody before then?

He used to co-host with Alice Radley, who left when he started being even more openly racist.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Nah his current co-host is such a piece of poo poo that it won't matter.

"C'mon Jim." *Chuckles slightly and never speaks of it again*

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

He used to co-host with Alice Radley, who left when he started being even more openly racist.

That's seriously the last time I ever listened to his show. Her discomfort was practically oozing out of the speakers and Jim thought it was a hoot to be an even bigger piece of poo poo and upset her more.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was hoping he had managed to run off that hosed up little goblin i mentioned and found somebody even more hosed up and nasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

That's seriously the last time I ever listened to his show. Her discomfort was practically oozing out of the speakers and Jim thought it was a hoot to be an even bigger piece of poo poo and upset her more.

That was around where I tapped out too. It also coincided with him being super racist and obnoxiously childfree and I didn't have room in my life for a podcast that was Bill Maher with a reddit account.