Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
please make sure to wipe it down first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

wuggles posted:

Elden Ring is too fresh to rank and I played Sekiro first so I would need to revisit it. I THINK Dark Souls 1 is still my favorite of all these games, but I do not know

its hard to say, I definitely love Elden Ring but it feels a bit too vast and unguided, I loved Sekiro but it felt a bit too "git gud"

ultimately I think Dark Souls 1 is still my favourite but I've been watching that recent Noah Caldwell Gervais video and there are huge chunks of the game I've never seen!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

please make sure to wipe it down first

why are you insinuating that I would touch my aiba statue after eating delicious doritos locos tacos

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best Dark Souls game is very clearly, of course, the original Adventure on the Atari 2600

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

why are you insinuating that I would touch my aiba statue after eating delicious doritos locos tacos

Pretty sure that's not what he's insinuating :thunkher:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm going to rank Lemmings games instead because I just played Oh No! More Lemmings for the first time ever

Lemmings 2: The Tribes
Lemmings
Oh No! More Lemmings
Lemmings Paintball
3D Lemmings

I haven't played the others yet and also I'm still just 1/4 the way through Oh No! and I barely scratched the surface of Lemmings Paintball and only played the demo of 3D but I'm confident in those placings.

I understand Lemmings 2: The Tribes might be a controversial pic for number 1 but I liked having more variety in stages and skills.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They made more than two Lemmings games?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

There was also Holiday Lemmings, Lemmings Revolutions, Lemmings Chronicles, and I think one or two others.

Oh also there is a mobile game that I would place last.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I wish they'd kept making Lemmings games instead of becoming Rockstar Games and making GTA

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lemmings rules, the one great scottish videogames franchise

well that and GTA I guess

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just learned about Gex Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5LFuC3xd8Q

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

i claim the may chat thread op and the op for the ai somnium files 2 thread

I might actually post a video of my son doing the end credits dance. Maybe.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Chairchucker posted:

I wish they'd kept making Lemmings games instead of becoming Rockstar Games and making GTA

There was a ps3 release that would play really loud music when you scrolled over it in your list of installed games.

Pretty sure Sony doesn't want to make any more of them.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Pretty sure that's not what he's insinuating :thunkher:

it was, wuggles has an upsetting lust for doritos locos tacos

also know that I plan to put negative effort into my ops

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lego made Finn and Poe gay

https://twitter.com/comfortfinnpoe/status/1510986823853555719

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bro Dameron

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I hope it isn't just VR, I wanna try it out on PC

Looks more like X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance imo

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

im playin trough the dark souls games with cheats and its fun

:cool:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i see, you're summoning other players

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

im playin trough the dark souls games with cheats and its fun

:cool:

I was thinking about doing this today, I've beaten Dark Souls 1 ( no dlc tho), got to Drangelic Castle in 2 and barely touched 3, finished Bloodborne though

thing is I cheated on Sekiro (got stuck on Guardian Ape) and it really made the whole less impactful, i seriously tried that fight 120 times and I just could not do it, I keep telling myself I will go back and finish it properly but as you can see from my FROM history, it takes me an awfully long time to sit down and just finish the drat games!

gently caress it though, if its more fun for you its the way to do it, if it meant never ever touching sekiro again as an alternative I'm glad i turned on ohko's and stabbed that god drat monkey

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Apes aren’t monkeys...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I have played a significant amount of all three in the past, but now I just feel like cruising trough them and seeing all the bosses and soaking in the atmosphere. I will not, under any circumstance attempt to "get gud"

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

its hard to say, I definitely love Elden Ring but it feels a bit too vast and unguided, I loved Sekiro but it felt a bit too "git gud"

ultimately I think Dark Souls 1 is still my favourite but I've been watching that recent Noah Caldwell Gervais video and there are huge chunks of the game I've never seen!

i just want DSR back online so I can sunbro and fashion souls dang it

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

a skeleton rolled a flaming barrel down some stairs and the game crashed

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

i want to see security cam footage of a bonewheel going ham in a server room

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I dont think sekiro has ANY skeletons

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Sekiro is def the most skills based out of the FromSoft games I've played. There is definitely a skill ceiling to be pushed through at multiple points.

Elden Ring is focused on set pieces and world building, which is cool and good. Being vast and unguided is great, because there's always another secret to discover.
Bloodborne I was in a deep dark spot due to covid and lockdowns, and I just vented a lot of my rage through it and it was great.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Replace Folding Screen Monkeys with Orange/Green/Purple/             colored Bonewheel Skeletons

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Replace the folding screen monkeys with the centipede monkey with a sword.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Replace folding screen monkeys with an actually interesting mini boss

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
lmao i found this hilarious image based Dark Souls Easy Mode guide to be a Cleric Knight and now I know what im doing with my evening

https://clericknight.tumblr.com/post/145578119628/global-restart-day-is-coming-up-and-i-wanted-to

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Got to the part where the guide says to kill Patches on sight, and I have to say I agree.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone who kills Patches doesn't deserve good things

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1512048812164104192?s=20&t=WquK9Q_ED25LVXL0LH7c1g

Hmm, I got Cyberpunk for 5 bucks at Gamestop...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

Being vast and unguided is great, because there's always another secret to discover.

At the same time, when it does try to be guided, by giving you a quest, it kinda falls apart. And the usual solution of "look it up and do it in NG+" doesn't work because there's no way I'm doing an NG+ pass of a 100 hour game

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1511648579777187841?s=20&t=ftfGDDQMoDx7ejUAo3waWw

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

there's no way I'm doing an NG+ pass of a 100 hour game

sensible, meanwhile, i'll be starting Dark Souls for, realistically, about the 8th time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Honestly wish that deal was available in Aus. I'd grab Cyberpunk for a tenner for sure.

Oh no, did people get grifted out of their money by investing in a ponzi schemeNFTs?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have been replaying elden ring instead of looking into triangle strategy or Kirby the forgotten, it probably will end up being my fave fromsoft game but I love all of my children

Last time I winged it and was a boring quality build but I wanted to try some of the awesome-seeming spells so this time I'm str/faith, and, gamers, it's good. Also I'm really combing through the world and will try to 100% the game as much as I can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's almost as if having these things as record in a decentralized digital ledger doesn't mean anything when the publisher of the game is ultimately the final arbiter of their use and worth!

You mean to tell me this poo poo doesn't solve any problems?