Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJf_LsUilWI

I don't have the OXO one from this video, but this is all you need to know

I love how he attempts to make peeling it by hand look difficult. Smash it once and then fumble around like the black and white part of an infomercial instead of just pulling the perfectly peeled clove out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Soul Dentist posted:

I love how he attempts to make peeling it by hand look difficult. Smash it once and then fumble around like the black and white part of an infomercial instead of just pulling the perfectly peeled clove out.

For me it's the major objection to stinky garlic fingers.

You're cooking food. You're going to get your hands dirty. You're right next to a sink.

Figure it out yourself.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Get a garlic press you heathens. then just press in the peel.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soul Dentist posted:

Definitely, when I know I'm going to be chopping a couple cloves, I'm always smashing it with the side of my knife, and 90% of the time it takes seconds and gets the process started.

Peeler works great when I'm at the 6+ cloves mark, or need whole peeled cloves for something.

Cyrano4747 posted:

For me it's the major objection to stinky garlic fingers.

You're cooking food. You're going to get your hands dirty. You're right next to a sink.

Figure it out yourself.

I'm the weirdo who likes sniffing my stinky garlic (and onion) fingers after cooking.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Rubbing stainless steel helps get rid of the smell, but I agree that it's a plus

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I'm the masochist that likes to take out the germ in the middle of the clove when making toum so I tend to just put a bunch of cloves between two bowls and shake the poo poo out of them instead of smashing with a knife, works pretty well.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Barry posted:

I'm the masochist that likes to take out the germ in the middle of the clove when making toum so I tend to just put a bunch of cloves between two bowls and shake the poo poo out of them instead of smashing with a knife, works pretty well.

Is that really necessary if the garlic is fresh and the germ isn't green?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A GARLIC INTO THE PRESS.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

numberoneposter posted:

going to costco tonight or tomorrow

need a couple clam shells of spring mix and a bag of apples, oranges, and potatoes. weve been loading up on produce and really havnty had any wasted food.

probably pick up some steak or pork chops and a pack of cod.

and those crunch bars.

I didn't think they had those protein bars at the Langford Costco but drat if I didn't find them there last night and they are suspiciously tasty. Having leftover take and bake chicken pot pie for lunch today.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

The Midniter posted:

Is that really necessary if the garlic is fresh and the germ isn't green?

Not particularly.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I saw all this toum talk, I just call it Garlic paste which is probably a cultural slander of some sort but I'll deal with the consequences. I've seen a few videos on making it and I know the recipe is fairly simple but can someone post their recipe and process? I'd love to make this myself. I like the kind that tastes like I chopped up the God of Garlic himself (Which my wife does not, she prefers a little less garlic and a little more lemon, but... gently caress that)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just use the giant jars of garlic bits. People complain that you need to use more garlic to get the flavor so I just use more

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

At that point just use garlic powder

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why? That's worse

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

I just use the giant jars of garlic bits. People complain that you need to use more garlic to get the flavor so I just use more

You'll never get the flavor of fresh garlic from a jar, regardless of how much you use.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

Jar garlic is loving gross. Also usually loaded with sugar.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If you think jar minced garlic tastes even remotely like the real thing even in large amounts, then try some side by side with fresh garlic and see if you can tell the difference.

If no, then that sucks you must have some weird allium resistance because otherwise it's not remotely comparable.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I use the jarred stuff because I'm lazy.

And because that's all my dad ever used when I was young so when I got started cooking on my own I just did that as default. I bought fresh garlic for the first time this year and it was good stuff. I need to get more of that when I'm not so lazy.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Are we Costco exclusive here or are the other clubs welcome too? :ohdear:

Because my wife and I hold memberships to Sam's, BJ's, and Costco. Only reason we really use Costco is the big fuckoff bags of Annie's cheesy smiles.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

D34THROW posted:

Are we Costco exclusive here or are the other clubs welcome too? :ohdear:

Because my wife and I hold memberships to Sam's, BJ's, and Costco. Only reason we really use Costco is the big fuckoff bags of Annie's cheesy smiles.

Costco only. Take that other Walton poo poo right the gently caress out of here.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I bought an enormous hello kitty unicorn cupcake squishmallow at Costco over the weekend and I’ve never been happier :keke:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Does the church carry any OTC eye drops for dry eyes? I wear contracts and my eyes hurt all the time because they dry them out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trastion posted:

Does the church carry any OTC eye drops for dry eyes? I wear contracts and my eyes hurt all the time because they dry them out.

Yes. I picked up a pack of these bad boys a couple weeks ago for allergies + contacts: https://www.costco.com/pataday-extra-strength-once-daily-antihistamine-eye-drops,-7.5ml.product.100796883.html

Systane is also pro:

https://www.costco.com/systane-complete-lubricant-eye-drops%2c-30-ml..product.100532291.html

https://www.costco.com/systane-ultra-lubricant-eye-drops%2c-30-ml..product.100142101.html

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Thanks, Gonna stop on my way home and see if my local has them on hand.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

At Costco and I wanted a hot dog and there was a boomer using the middle self order kiosk and was somehow blocking both of the other kiosks with a combination of cart/body so I just walked into his lovely cart to move it out of the way jfc how does a whole loving cohort of people act like they're the only loving person in existence

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Trastion posted:

Refresh Tears is also a great option.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Slack Lagoon posted:

At Costco and I wanted a hot dog and there was a boomer using the middle self order kiosk and was somehow blocking both of the other kiosks with a combination of cart/body so I just walked into his lovely cart to move it out of the way jfc how does a whole loving cohort of people act like they're the only loving person in existence

Yeah just move their cart right the gently caress outta the way, gently caress em'. They never say anything, and when they do they go "SHES STEALING MY CART SHES STEALING MY CAR" and then my wife and I laugh and everyone side-eyes the dude like he's crazy. Happened only once, but get the gently caress outta the way!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The oven wasn't working at my Costco today, so churros, chicken bakes, and pizza were not available. Those poor food court employees probably got bitched at constantly, but at least their workload was probably very light for once.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jingleheimer posted:

The oven wasn't working at my Costco today, so churros, chicken bakes, and pizza were not available. Those poor food court employees probably got bitched at constantly, but at least their workload was probably very light for once.

Imagine if everyone decided to order the smoothie/freezes instead though...

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

SONOFABITCH! I never thought to look for Pataday at Costco. Goddammit!

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

PokeJoe posted:

My food processor is a hummus machine

Is the effort/quality gain ratio worth it for hummus? Always looking for foods like that that are easy but taste way better than store bought.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There are zero recipes good enough to deal with the hassle of cleaning a food processor.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

topenga posted:

SONOFABITCH! I never thought to look for Pataday at Costco. Goddammit!

I know, I was psyched. One tiny bottle of that juice is like $40 at the grocery store

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Gaius Marius posted:

There are zero recipes good enough to deal with the hassle of cleaning a food processor.

dishwashers are magical things op

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Gaius Marius posted:

Home made hotsauce disagrees.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My hand stirred with a spoon smoothies are to die for. With the big full pieces of spinach you just know you're getting your fiber.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
church is basically right across the street from my daughter’s ninja warrior class so I made a run while she was in there.

Wine, frozen pizzas, sparkling water, coffee, the Kirkland joggers, softener salt. pbuc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

is stinky garlic finger too long for a username

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Heaven: drinking Kirkland margaritas while lounging in sweatpants and a Kirkland sweatshirt, eating a whole cheese Costco pizza, while blitzed enough to not even comprehend your daughters ninja warrior training. “Great jump, Susie!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Are sauerkraut and the onion crank ever coming back? Church lunch just hasn't been the same without them. :cry::cry::cry: