Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

American McGay posted:

I don't think the digital version has ever gotten a significant discount.
It hit 50% off across most platforms (including Xbox) as part of the Valentines Day sales a couple of months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Opps. I meant to say it was Life is Strange True Colors. I shouldn't tired post.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

The Kins posted:

It hit 50% off across most platforms (including Xbox) as part of the Valentines Day sales a couple of months ago.

There's a Spring Sale starting soon, possibly tonight. I would not be surprised to see Cyberpunk 2077 for $30 again there.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wow thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely gonna pick it up. I got it off gamefly around release but kinda bounced off it but for 6 bucks I can definitely give it another try. Also weird store front but I haven't seen it go above like 17 dollars on gameflys used games so if you miss this you can always look there.

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 7, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

Yeah its been going on sale for 50% off digitally pretty frequently over the last year. The physical edition is where the real deep discounts have been. All I personally know about its sales numbers was that it sold 20 million copies in its first day, but then the refund situation came up, so that number isn't accurate anymore, and I don't know what its at currently.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Physical is always subject to market forces of "we need to clear shelf space so get anything you can for this stuff that isn't selling, even if it's at a loss, $5 is better than $0". This also applies to "physical" editions that are bundled digital codes, like I got the "physical" PC version of Cyberpunk for $20cad a few days ago and that was mainly so I could get another $20cad game with free shipping. The pressures are somewhat different on digital storefronts which aren't subject to that same desperate need to move copies because individual copies aren't taking up space in any meaningful capacity if they're unsold.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Everyone please buy it, the sooner you do, the sooner they put it on gamepass for me.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
One of the monthly challenges for rewards is in Alien: Isolation, so it looks like I'll finally be making GBS threads my pants on the couch with all of my lights on & happy music playing on Spotify. I do not do well in horror games.

e - despite that, I still like playing them in very small batches. Almost done with RE7

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Omnikin posted:

One of the monthly challenges for rewards is in Alien: Isolation, so it looks like I'll finally be making GBS threads my pants on the couch with all of my lights on & happy music playing on Spotify. I do not do well in horror games.

e - despite that, I still like playing them in very small batches. Almost done with RE7

Sounds like it probably won't tempt you, but just in case: When you start your game and you're choosing your difficulty, the game will try to tell you that hard mode is worth considering. It's not, it just puts the xenomorph on a tighter virtual leash and makes creeping around more tedious. Go with medium or easy.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The best way to get through scary games is to stream it. The only way I could play RE7 in VR was if I was streaming. I only had two viewers, my brother and my buddy, but having them say "you have to open that door you little piss baby" was oddly helpful.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

bushisms.txt posted:

Everyone please buy it, the sooner you do, the sooner they put it on gamepass for me.

Witcher 3 and Thronebreaker were previously on game pass, so I expect Cyberpunk to make its way there eventually.

Professor Beetus posted:

Welp had to pick it up for 5 bucks, disc or no. I think that makes us the proud owner of two physical series x games now: this and Life Is Strange: True Colors, which is about to become obsolete thanks to Game Pass. Winning etc.

The Life is Strange games always come to Game Pass OP, atleast that's the only way I've been playing them (namely LiS, LiS 2 and LiS: Before the storm. All have since rotated out). So that one's on you! :cheeky:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fanatic posted:

Witcher 3 and Thronebreaker were previously on game pass, so I expect Cyberpunk to make its way there eventually.

Wow I’m surprised Witcher 3 was and that seems almost cruel to take it off after giving folks a taste. It’s a game that you can come back to after months away and still find new stuff.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

American McGay posted:

Nah they've just got a billion physical copies of it because it bombed so hard from expectations. I don't think the digital version has ever gotten a significant discount. The physical version has been $10 on two separate occasions and now $5.

Meijer in my smaller town had hundreds of copies in their case for weeks. I bet a ton of retailers over ordered.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
The annual Spring Sale is rolling out to the website right now.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/all-games?cat=onsale

Cyberpunk 2077 is $30.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Omnikin posted:

That challenge in Alien is very quick and easy. Just play in Survivor mode, open the closed door near the starting area, then return to the little alcove area you spawned in and wait. The alien won’t find you in there. I don’t do horror very well either.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Zerot posted:

The annual Spring Sale is rolling out to the website right now.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/all-games?cat=onsale

Cyberpunk 2077 is $30.
Now I expect an "available now" announcement at the next Xbox thing

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
Not sure if this is the best place for this but I thought I would try asking here. I have some bing reward money and I was planning on getting a new headset. Does anyone here have experience with the Xbox wireless headset or the Razer Karia Pro? They are the same price (Kaira on sale) and reviews I've found are pretty split between them.

I would be using them almost exclusively on a series x and I don't use the microphone all that much.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cascadia Pirate posted:

Not sure if this is the best place for this but I thought I would try asking here. I have some bing reward money and I was planning on getting a new headset. Does anyone here have experience with the Xbox wireless headset or the Razer Karia Pro? They are the same price (Kaira on sale) and reviews I've found are pretty split between them.

I would be using them almost exclusively on a series x and I don't use the microphone all that much.

Xbox wireless are good. Don't know anything about the Razers but gonna assume they're pure "gamer" aesthetic and ew

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I just got the Xbox wireless headset with rewards points a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Decently comfortable, sounds fine once I messed with the EQ, and I really appreciate being able to listen to my phone at the same time as game audio. Though honestly just having a headset I don’t need to plug in to the controller is super nice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

Sounds like it probably won't tempt you, but just in case: When you start your game and you're choosing your difficulty, the game will try to tell you that hard mode is worth considering. It's not, it just puts the xenomorph on a tighter virtual leash and makes creeping around more tedious. Go with medium or easy.

Seconding. Love A:I, but play it on normal.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Seriously though, can you get a threesum in True Colors?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just tried out weird west for a bit and it’s pretty darn cool. Game pass continues to deliver.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Gamepass is just amazing. Like too good to be true.

My first experience was trying out Stellaris, not understanding a drat thing and going to bed feeling like a moron.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
My first Gamepass experience was sinking 150+ hours into each of Forza Horizon 4 and Crusader Kings 3, and wondering why anyone would pay for a game again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's still wild to me that HITMAN Trilogy is now on Game Pass. What an incredible amount of content.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

American McGay posted:

It's still wild to me that HITMAN Trilogy is now on Game Pass. What an incredible amount of content.

I’m pretty hype for their upcoming roguelike mode for it or whatever. It’s such a great set of games to just mess around with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I play pretty much everything, so Gamepass is a fantastic money saver. There are still lots and lots of games I buy, but many more I don't need to because they end up on Gamepass.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Am I understanding correctly that I can buy Witcher 3 (Xbox One) now for :10bux:, and then I get bumped up to the Series X version for free when it allegedly releases later this year? I've never played it, but it's one of those critically-acclaimed games that seems to go on sale every couple of weeks. But perhaps they won't be as generous with the sales once the next-gen version is out, so maybe it's time to finally jump on that (even if it just sits in my library for a few months!

Also eyeing the Metro Redux and Risk of Rain bundles from this sale, how do those fare on Xbox? Is it hard to get a multiplayer game of RoR going these days?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Minidust posted:

Am I understanding correctly that I can buy Witcher 3 (Xbox One) now for :10bux:, and then I get bumped up to the Series X version for free when it allegedly releases later this year?

Yes, the Series X/S version of W3 will be a free upgrade.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Witcher 3 is absolutely one of the best games in the past 10 years and should be played by absolutely everyone

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I got bored like an hour in. Press R to walk to red grass whee.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wind’s howlin

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Witcher 3 was great but I enjoy Cyberpunk more. Also I think I'm getting tired of all the fantasy game tropes.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

webmeister posted:

Witcher 3 is absolutely one of the best games in the past 10 years and should be played by absolutely everyone

Its the GOAT game

Gonna try out cloud gaming again, but yesterday the latency was pretty rough. Might have to get a spare Series S for taking around.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Coming from a Switch being my only real gaming opportunity for a few years and not having a huge library on there (not that there AREN'T games, we just didn't buy many), Series S/Gamepass is literally heaven for me

Being able to pay for it with MS Rewards points is just icing on the cake, they pile up so fast when you can pull the Xbox points too

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

webmeister posted:

My first Gamepass experience was sinking 150+ hours into each of Forza Horizon 4 and Crusader Kings 3, and wondering why anyone would pay for a game again

My first Game Pass game was something I had not heard of but suddenly started reading about everywhere. Yakuza 0.

For me the day Xbox began winning.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Minidust posted:

Am I understanding correctly that I can buy Witcher 3 (Xbox One) now for :10bux:, and then I get bumped up to the Series X version for free when it allegedly releases later this year?

I was gonna suggest getting the expansions too but I see that you're talking about the GotY edition, which includes them. It looks like it hits this price point fairly regularly, not sure about how the current-gen update would affect that.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Cyberpunk must’ve improved dramatically. Wasn’t it a disaster on release?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

sponges posted:

Cyberpunk must’ve improved dramatically. Wasn’t it a disaster on release?

The 1.5 patch was a pretty gigantic rework, and also updated for the new consoles. Launch cyberpunk was just buggy as hell and performed like dogshit, especially on the old consoles.

By all accounts the game is now good, but not great. If you like RPGs of that style and like CDPR, you'll enjoy it. You still don't want to play it on a Bone or PS4, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think that on Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, it was a disaster. Game wasn't really playable. On PC, it faired way better on the technical side, but still had a lot of bugs and broken quests. Plus lots of advertised features that didn't make it into the game. The thing I was most disappointed in was how short the main story was. I was hoping for something the length of Witcher 3, but CP77 didn't even come close, it was like a 15 - 18 hour story campaign? Witcher 3 is like 70 hours.