Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
congrats, looking forward to your post-fallout-3 play by plays, in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1512103402569932803?t=qih8e0L2tefc_gfd38VzYQ&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Seems good but I also hope they keep pushing for a union.

It's what Deckard Cain would want imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Voting to form a union is something all employees should want to do, unfortunately in the U.S. there isn't a whole lot stopping corporations from stalling the negotiation process from there, preventing the union from ever getting off the ground. Bad faith negotiation tactics are pretty common, and stalling the whole process until the employees give up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard they also only sexually harass you three times per week now. Really a win for the workers.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

this finally hits consoles, check it out if you like old school arcade drifty games with OutRun/vaporwave aesthetics

https://twitter.com/ansdor/status/1512081684761522179?s=20&t=Sua8Si3gATE2FzmEVvXlTw

For a moment I thought this was Slipstream 5000 being mentioned and got unreasonably excited.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Voting to form a union is something all employees should want to do, unfortunately in the U.S. there isn't a whole lot stopping corporations from stalling the negotiation process from there, preventing the union from ever getting off the ground. Bad faith negotiation tactics are pretty common, and stalling the whole process until the employees give up.

Different industry but I worked for a large national bank 15 years ago and not a week would go by where the branch manager wouldn’t say something like “if I ever hear anything about a union I will fire you all.” I hope things are better in the vg industry but tbh video game companies seem like they’re the most toxic of all.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

I said come in! posted:

This isn't even the worst part. US culture has taught and continues to teach the general populace that "unions are bad" at every opportunity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

suuma posted:

This isn't even the worst part. US culture has taught and continues to teach the general populace that "unions are bad" at every opportunity.

Yeeeeep. The Amazon workers were sent texts 5 times a day by their managers, telling them not to form the union they wanted. They were also thrown into meetings about why unions are bad, and as punishment, were forced to go through 1 hour security screenings before leaving work and it was unpaid.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
joseph anderson opened up a new video essay basically saying he was the malenia of videomakers since we cant dislike and leaving comments increases engagement so i hit him with that unsub which is the corpse piler of youtube moves

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

I got a new job which means I'm quitting my current job and its cushy low-workload WFH 3-days-a-week lifestyle. I'm gonna have so much less time for video games :cry:

You'll never get to the pinnacle of gaming: Demon's Souls at this rate

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Khanstant posted:

joseph anderson opened up a new video essay basically saying he was the malenia of videomakers since we cant dislike and leaving comments increases engagement so i hit him with that unsub which is the corpse piler of youtube moves

I want to like this guy but he seems to hate everything regardless of what it is and yeah this comment he said was a bit odd

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Dislikes also did that though?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

I got a new job which means I'm quitting my current job and its cushy low-workload WFH 3-days-a-week lifestyle. I'm gonna have so much less time for video games :cry:

bad trade

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'll be getting paid £3k more per year

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That doesn't seem like very much in return for the opportunity cost. My last inflation wage adjustment was more than that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I work remote full-time now and there is not a single job on the planet that would get me to go into an office or commute regularly again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/nickisonlinet/status/1511785253186248704

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Looking at the steam reviews for the Chrono Cross remaster, and it's a bad one:

- Atrocious frame rate
- Broken polygons on new graphic style
- screen tearing
- ugly AI upscaled backgrounds

Looks like they went the same least effort method they used for FF8 and 9.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FO3:

gently caress the mention of this thing called a GECK I saw during the tutorial wasn't just some random worldbuilding but was a key bit of plot foreshadowing that dropped 50 hours later!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Whizzing Wizard posted:

But square-enix would nev--oh

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

Of the PS1 FF remasters/ports, I think FF8 had by far the best one. Unfortunately, that bar is on the floor.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, that's disappointing if albeit unsurprising to hear. When those trailers came out and I saw that it appeared to be running at the same framerate as the playstation versions while having upscaled graphics I thought "someone at Square knows this looks janky right?" And well, turns out no, no they did not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It plays and look exactly like the PS1 version, if that bothers you then yeah the remaster isn't for you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Looking at the steam reviews for the Chrono Cross remaster, and it's a bad one:

- Atrocious frame rate
- Broken polygons on new graphic style
- screen tearing
- ugly AI upscaled backgrounds

God damnit. :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

suuma posted:

I want to like this guy but he seems to hate everything regardless of what it is and yeah this comment he said was a bit odd

yeah he's seem kind of stuck in some reactionary state lately with everything, haven't been liking them as much. i haven't finished noahs megalong dark souls series video, only about an hour or so in and it's been pleasant. he addresses some reactionary things now and then but idk, chill vid, measured absurdly thorough take on DS1 so far.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I am not a fan of Joseph Anderson's videos where he talks for a long time about games but the compilations of him playing Persona and struggling to breath as he laughs so hard at certain scenes are v. good.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I haven't watched one of his videos in a long time but Joseph Anderson traditionally struggled to say anything more insightful in his giant videos than 'game hard so game good'

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

suuma posted:

I mean I think that particular comment was a joke, like "your disagreement can only make me stronger!!"

I think my issue with Joseph Anderson as a critic is that I think he can sometimes miss the forest for the trees (see: his Mario Odyssey video, where he sharply criticized the number of moons in the game without really considering why they might be that way).

Weirdly I kinda agree with his Elden Ring video, though I only really skimmed through it. He's extremely positive on the exploration and world design elements, and has some very detailed critiques of the endgame combat balance, and I think both are fair. Our ultimate conclusions seem to be different--I'm the kind of person for whom really high highs can make up for low lows a lot of the time--but he's got a fair take I think.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean that's the most important truth there is

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sometimes remember Sir Ron Lionheart and I hope he’s well

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

I haven't watched one of his videos in a long time but Joseph Anderson traditionally struggled to say anything more insightful in his giant videos than 'game hard so game good'

This one is the opposite, believe it or not.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ok yeah, the mario odyssey video was when I started seeing him as the kind of clickbait-poisoned-fussybutt of the longform videogame essayists ratpack.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

FirstAidKite posted:

Regardless of what happens you're still going to end up with a murder on your hands

This was good joke, and I will not let it go unacknowledged

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AntAgonizer sounds like a 2003-era goon username

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

I sometimes remember Sir Ron Lionheart and I hope he’s well

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wish you could turn off / skip the "moon acquired" victory pose, it got annoying imo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
people like the 200+ moons that are just glowing circles to groundpound?

walking in a circle, but this time on ice?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah Mario Odyssey is a pretty good game. Lots of variety between easy and difficult moons, and between simple and complex ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only insane people get all the moons instead of just happening upon the 500 you need while exploring