Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

No see all Russians are inherently evil and untrustworthy, as you can see by their fangs and evil smiles.

Anyway time to go off to the Freep thread to make fun of them for thinking all Mexicans are evil and untrustworthy.

It is genuinely frustrating to see ostensibly liberal people suddenly throw all the talk about empathy and compassion out the window when it comes to the citizens of a country that is an acceptable "enemy". War fever is a real thing.

And I want to be perfectly clear so that nobody attempts to misconstrue what I'm saying: I believe that the invasion of Ukraine is wrong and bad and that the Russian leadership should be held accountable for war crimes. But the Russian people are not the ones responsible for this and do not deserve to be dehumanized. They are victims of this war just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Like if Ramirez drew a cartoon of Chinese kids with fangs talking about how they want to undermine America everyone in this thread would rightfully be calling him a racist piece of poo poo for it,
I have my doubts about that

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fister Roboto posted:

It is genuinely frustrating to see ostensibly liberal people suddenly throw all the talk about empathy and compassion out the window when it comes to the citizens of a country that is an acceptable "enemy". War fever is a real thing.

And I want to be perfectly clear so that nobody attempts to misconstrue what I'm saying: I believe that the invasion of Ukraine is wrong and bad and that the Russian leadership should be held accountable for war crimes. But the Russian people are not the ones responsible for this and do not deserve to be dehumanized. They are victims of this war just as well.
https://pictureshistory.blogspot.com/2012/11/kill-german-ilya-ehrenberg-soviet.html

https://vk.com/wall-75441027_10466?lang=en

I'm Russian btw. Which is how I know the poem. As are (for specific definitions of "Russian") many of the people raped, pillaged, slaughtered by Putin's regime in Ukraine and (perhaps less pertinently) many of the people rephrasing the poem to talk about Russian soldiers.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 6, 2022

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SporkChan posted:

Pretty sure she is saying the people who say the war crimes are staged by Kyiv are Russian puppets actually.

That's my read, I don't think anyone pro-Russia would use the Ukrainian spelling there anyway.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

'Very worried': Peter Dutton announces fast-tracked $3.5bn missile package amid Indo-Pacific concerns (SBS).

Rowe:

Scott Morrison says he intervened in NSW pre-selection to protect 'great women', infuriating one of his own senators (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Warren Brown:

The Daily Telegraph is running a piece on how all Scott Morrison's critics have ulterior motives.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Shadow treasurer Jim Chalmers with opposition leader Anthony Albanese.

Wilcox:

Downes:

‘Nothing left in the tank’: Tasmanian premier Peter Gutwein resigns from politics (Guardian). Downes tweeted "Today's @themercurycomau cartoon is a special one.This is most likely the last time I'll draw Peter Gutwein. He has easily been my favourite politician to draw! So, I made sure I had extra fun with this one!".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Le Monde

4/4

by Amorim from Brazil

5/4

"Victor Orban wins the legislative races: "For Grand Hungary from Budapest to Moscow."
by Urbs from France

6/4

The Absentee Menace: "If we don't go vote, then the election won't be legitimate!"
by Chappatte from Switzerland

6/4

by Côté from Canada

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
100YrsofAttitude, thanks so much for sharing these.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Glad to participate! I don't think I'll finish the Charlie Hebdo candidate pieces before the first round of voting on Sunday though... it takes a bit to get a post set up for that and time's a bit at a premium. I'll try to get through a few more of the minor candidates before Sunday.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Stultus Maximus posted:

An acquaintance of mine with dwarfism has informed me that “dwarf,” “person with dwarfism,” and “little person” are all acceptable but “midget“ is offensive.

Thats fair, but I have also come across some who find "dwarf" offensive. I'm personally gonna reserve that one for the mythological beings and any fantasy settings inspired by those.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Xander77 posted:

HOW? I obviously can't be the one to decide what other people do or don't find offensive, but.... little person. Really.

Because they're people and they're little. It's rare to get a descriptor of a group of people that's so accurate

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Kit Walker posted:

Because they're people and they're little. It's rare to get a descriptor of a group of people that's so accurate

And not loaded with a history of otherization.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

VitalSigns posted:

I have my doubts about that

Well okay, Rall then. Everyone here knows that Israel is committing war crimes against Palestine. But if Rall drew a cartoon (we are assuming Rall can draw in this example, but just go with it) of a couple of Jewish children with fangs gleefully playing with blood covered toys given to them by a fanged IDF soldier, everyone here would call it out as extremely antisemitic. Even though Israel is very blatantly committing genocide and doing horrible things, people would realize that portraying Jewish kids as fanged monsters is a hosed up line to cross.

When Garrison draws his antisemitic poo poo and gets rightfully called out on it nobody pops up to go "By criticizing Garrison's depictions of Jews, you are actually defending Israel's war crimes." When McKee (man, haven't seen him posted in a while) draws an angry bearded Muslim terrorist with yellow eyes screaming and people say "holy poo poo that's racist" nobody's like "Wow, you enjoy defending the Saudi Arabian genocide in Yemen?" When people were making the "You gotta give me the fangs!" joke about Garrison's depiction of a Chinese woman in his cartoon about Eric Swalwell, nobody went "Guess you guys are totally cool with China invading Taiwan, then."

But somehow, do the exact same thing with Russian kids and apparently some people are like "Yep, this checks out, nothing racist going on here, in fact anyone who says it's racist is defending Russian war crimes."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

American children are the fanged ones

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SporkChan posted:

Pretty sure she is saying the people who say the war crimes are staged by Kyiv are Russian puppets actually.

Then she shouldn't have given the puppet a smoking gun.
It makes the claim true, they ARE staged, because there's a stage there, and the puppet behind the stage doing crimes

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

HootTheOwl posted:

Then she shouldn't have given the puppet a smoking gun.
It makes the claim true, they ARE staged, because there's a stage there, and the puppet behind the stage doing crimes
Is the Russia label on top of the stage invisible to ya or?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's time.

The third and final set of Kellies nominees are ready for your votes.

Voting is available for all three sets of nominees. Bear in mind that round 3 is in two consecutive posts (the Worst Overall entries pushed it over the character limit).

Voting will end April 23 at midnight EST.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

World Famous W posted:

Is the Russia label on top of the stage invisible to ya or?

The Russian dipicted in the comic is a literal puppet, he isn't real. He's fake.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Just imagining Payne apopleptic about this fundamental misunderstanding of how siphoning works

Possibly a clever "it's already empty" joke, but it's Bok so "clever" doesn't strike me as being attached to reality here.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Trans-Democracy
Rall: "Uncle Sam famously has prominent facial hair. Must be a mustache :justpost:"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
:effort:

I mean, it was right there.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
The fangs on the children at the very least is taking it into 'racist'. I'm very pro-Ukraine but I'm pretty uncomfortable about the whole 'orc' thing.

EDIT: Also, gently caress Rall. Way to go fully mask-off there.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Marshall Ramsey

Rob Rogers

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did something new come up with the laptop, or is there some new story that the GOP would rather draw away attention ?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Did something new come up with the laptop, or is there some new story that the GOP would rather draw away attention ?

Nothing new came up about the laptop, but it was successfully re-mediated into a new story on the basis that it is being dismissed by the lib mainstream media.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

My God, Lub drew a specific caricature of someone instead of using that terrible generic smiling dude looking design.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Something about Hunter doing bussiness with a corrupt Chinese official and potentially an investigation into some sort of finance infraction. Still has nothing to do with Joe Biden.

Keep in mind, this was such a wacky story even FOX wouldn't cover it, so all the screaming about MSM is nonsense.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's so loving transparent after all the poo poo they ignored with the Trump family.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Some of the emails from the "laptop" were verified to be real, which means everything the right ever said about the laptop is true and msm is covering up the truth because they didn't report on this years ago.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Something about Hunter doing bussiness with a corrupt Chinese official and potentially an investigation into some sort of finance infraction. Still has nothing to do with Joe Biden.

That kinda depends on who "the big guy" that Hunter said he was kicking 10% to is. The right wing media is convinced it's Joe, and it might be, but there's no actual proof of it yet.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Twelve by Pies posted:

That kinda depends on who "the big guy" that Hunter said he was kicking 10% to is. The right wing media is convinced it's Joe, and it might be, but there's no actual proof of it yet.

until proven otherwise i'm assuming it's just what hunter calls his penis

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
hunter biden dead at 52 after tragic self-suck accident

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

moonmazed posted:

hunter biden dead at 52 after tragic self-suck accident

Should've gotten that surgery Marilyn Manson got according to every middle and highschooler in the 90s to remove a rib.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My God, Lub drew a specific caricature of someone instead of using that terrible generic smiling dude looking design.

He looks like a Funko pop.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

seiferguy posted:

He looks like a Funko pop.

Lub's depiction managed to capture that at least.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: another nail in the coffin – The prime minister has insisted that the rise in national insurance contributions is ‘unquestionably the right move’ even though it has come at a ‘tough time’"

Telegraph:

French election 2022 poll tracker: Emmanuel Macron's lead dwindles as Marine Le Pen mounts comeback; After David.

Matt:

Calories now appear on menus in large restaurant chains

Independent:

UK and EU on collision course as Brussels fails to set ‘clear timetable’ to boycott Russian gas

Times:

'Wrong tax, wrong time': Starmer says National Insurance hike will fill blackhole as tax rise hits

Evening Standard:

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

"Brick And Mordor"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

GUILT!
GUILT!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

would've been tighter if all the packaging was in a regular ol' garbage can instead of the recycling bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!