Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Madurai posted:

Gozantis for the Separatists was not a thing I would have predicted.

Unfortunately they look to be completely pointless, since they don't have access to Fleet Support upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I also feel the Victory to Republic might have been because the Venator sold out so fast, and they aren't printing anymore, so new Republic players needed an alternative, and they decided to snowball from there. Like the emp doesn't really need another SD in their niche, but the republics do.

Speaking of, anyone know where a Venator is in stock? I want one and don't have one.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They're not printing anymore ever? That seems like an odd choice to make for the most recently released faction.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I mean, I am pretty sure they aren't doing reprints anymore, or at least haven't heard of any.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I think that's part of the game being on hiatus/pause/whatever. Reprints, if they're happening, are lowest priority. (I could be completely wrong though)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I did see one at my FLGS a month or two ago IIRC, though I decided against picking it up.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Weren't reprints literally part of their "its not dead we're totally reprinting old stuff and doing OP while it's on pause" official statement from a while back?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean, I am pretty sure they aren't doing reprints anymore, or at least haven't heard of any.

No.

Arquinsiel posted:

They're not printing anymore ever? That seems like an odd choice to make for the most recently released faction.

No.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Weren't reprints literally part of their "its not dead we're totally reprinting old stuff and doing OP while it's on pause" official statement from a while back?

Yes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Does armada use x wings rolling point thing because I didn't see point values on those ships

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Does armada use x wings rolling point thing because I didn't see point values on those ships

The ship cards had them on the top right, on the side with the ship’s pic.

e: took me a minute as well, the ship cards are showing the front/back and thought they were something else at first glance.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Well, this revived the x-wing thread some, so have some terrible homebrew I have found

Those Katana Fleet title upgrades are so dumb

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

Well, this revived the x-wing thread some, so have some terrible homebrew I have found

Those Katana Fleet title upgrades are so dumb

I would rework the six dreadnought title to be moble bomb and just go "wheeeeeeeee" the whole game like an idiot as I try and ram a cr90

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Release the sun crusher you cowards. I want to solo enemy fleets

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jarvisi posted:

Release the sun crusher you cowards. I want to solo enemy fleets

If your opponent doesn't place a planet though aren't you hosed?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

HootTheOwl posted:

If your opponent doesn't place a planet though aren't you hosed?

It's an invulnerable ship that can fly through a star destroyer and take no damage so

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Any of the 90s Era novel superweapon ships would be a treat I think.

Really missing potential by not having a Yuuzhan Vong faction or series of ships as well.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hell even scum. Hutt frigates, maurauder corvettes etc

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

The Shame Boy posted:

Any of the 90s Era novel superweapon ships would be a treat I think.

Really missing potential by not having a Yuuzhan Vong faction or series of ships as well.

That would mean acknowledging their existence and possibly paying a royalty. :the vapors:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

bunnyofdoom posted:

Scum would be a tricky faction to get right since they wouldn't exactly have access to many, if any capital ships, but there's certainly plenty of neat things one could do with them. Flotillas, for instance, are a design space that haven't seen too much development for the existing factions, but would easily slot in with a pirate-fleet type faction. Space stations are also something I could see mixing well with Scum — something that effectively plays like a motionless ship, but is deployed on top of (or takes the place of) an asteroid during deployment. So battles against Scum would be "try to take out the heavily-armed space stations hidden in this asteroid belt, while also dealing with the swarms of lightly damaging but still concerning Flotillas that are flying around that die to anything more than a stiff breeze, but are almost-guaranteed to ignore the first shot."

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maurauder?
the CR-92 is an assassin!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The Marauder is a ship from Empire at War. Fills the game's long ranged missile unit role.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

The Marauder is a ship from Empire at War. Fills the game's long ranged missile unit role.

I think you mean from the Brian Daley Han Solo novels

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I have no memory of them showing up in that series, which is odd because I was reading them at the same time as playing the game :psyduck:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

a bunch of stuff from those books was in my Essential Guide To Vehicles and Vessels, and it all seemed like the crappiest stuff ever

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I've just been playing all the empire at war mods that are still under development and there's so many loving ships they could poo poo out it's ridiculous

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Anyone run a game of Outer Rim with the expansion yet? Just got mine in the mail.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Nash posted:

Anyone run a game of Outer Rim with the expansion yet? Just got mine in the mail.

Played it yesterday and it's good fun. There are some general quality of life tweaks that speed up revealing contacts and go through the trade decks which will make the game much smoother if just using that. The Ambitions are tricky but doable and 3 out of 4 players got to the required Fame level and fulfilled Ambitions to have a shot at winning at roughly the same time so it seems well balanced. Favors and Debts are a bit strange to me, why would you ever help another player, and may end up never being used. Flipping cards are cool, either Jobs that have two stages (Deliver Blaster Parts to A and then Blasters to B for more reward) or the Mods like missiles that you can flip for the effect and then pay to flip back. Only one game does not give a good idea on the Core Worlds encounters but it does seem to help Empire loyalists. The option to cross over from the two Core sides makes it a lot easier to avoid patrols,

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Most of that is good to hear. Sounds like your thoughts on the favors is the same as mine. Some of the new options like Cad Bane and Hondo seem kinda wild so looking forward to trying them out.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I painted my Armada squadrons a while back, but I was never really satisfied with how my TIE fighters/bombers/interceptors came out. I decided I’d just prime over the previous paint job and re-start, this time around I’m FAR more satisfied with them.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
As you should be. Those are gorgeous.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also change the thread title, I don't know what.
AMG Merc entities?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

As you should be. Those are gorgeous.

Thanks! Worked through an interceptor squad tonight too, and started a bomber squadron. The blood stripes wanted to drive me crazy :suicide:

For all the cockpits, I’m lightly brushing the outer frame of it with the same grey as everything else, then almost overdoing Nuln Oil to really get into the crevices there. It was a random thought I had earlier, and it’s working out better than I had anticipated.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Pretty.
And insane.
The armada experience.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

All I have tried painting is my cap ships.

Maybe I should put on my hand braces, buy some paint and paint my squadrons this weekend.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

All I have tried painting is my cap ships.

Maybe I should put on my hand braces, buy some paint and paint my squadrons this weekend.

this way lies madness :suicide:

If they come out alright, it feels like a solid accomplishment. But they’re so tiny and there’s so much potential for frustration. I’d say take an extra stand of x-wings or TIE fighters you’ve got laying around, give those a shot/test scheme, and be ready to abandon the project whenever it makes you mad.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The TIEs seem like they'd be easy enough to improve by just hitting them with a wash of Nuln Oil or something, but I look at the Rebel ships and just :yikes: out of even bothering.

It might be more attractive to me if I had ever managed to actually get a game of Armada in but :shrug:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

The TIEs seem like they'd be easy enough to improve by just hitting them with a wash of Nuln Oil or something, but I look at the Rebel ships and just :yikes: out of even bothering.

It might be more attractive to me if I had ever managed to actually get a game of Armada in but :shrug:

If you ever wanna try it on TTS hmu.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I put lights in my ships. The true madness is freezing and carefully disassembling an ISD.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

bunnyofdoom posted:

If you ever wanna try it on TTS hmu.
TY for the offer but I don't have something capable of running TTS at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I also posted this in the x wing thread. So please excusethe double post:

Former xwing/armada grinder here, I have a bunch of promos from organized play and I was wondering if I had anything of value or a goon wanted to give them a good home. No 2.x stuff but:
Movie stills, full arts, plastic cards, arubesh, op damage decks, dice bags, card binder medals and coins. Is it worth it to even itemize this stuff?