Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Beeswax posted:

Apart from her actual wrestling, yeah agreed :shrug:

That'll come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

And she improves every match.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if you've watched any recent jade matches and still think she's garbage i don't think you actually watched her matches

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Jade has done nothing but become more solid in ring. She takes charge more often, doesn’t look lost, and the spots she can do she does very well. She’s improved so much as a wrestler.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

flatluigi posted:

if you've watched any recent jade matches and still think she's garbage i don't think you actually watched her matches

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jade's a couple of years into her career and she's already being talked about as one of the hottest prospects and packages going. she improves her in-ring skills every match, works behind the scenes with people like dustin and bryan, has an incredible social-media presence. she's going to be one of the greats for sure.

hell, she's also only 29

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021

Eat My Fuc posted:

Stavros is all elite.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

You could instantly tell she was going to be a star. Her wrestling was weak but she had a presence immediately and most importantly, she moved like an athlete.

There have been so many body guys over the years who just can not perform basic athletic maneuvers. Jade moved fluidly from day one, and now that she’s training w the dragon, its all starting to come together.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Afaik her AEW record constitutes the only matches she's wrestled in her career and I suspect most wrestlers weren't nearly as good as she is only 29 matches in. Complain about the booking if you want but at the rate she's figured poo poo out, it looks smarter to me every day

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

never been more wrong about anyone than jade in my life. her initial bad wrestling and promos had me thinking "what are people seeing in her???" .... but it was I who was blind.

but now I see the light

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone with any sense turned around on Jade like 10 matches ago. She’s good now.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I don't think I've ever seen anyone improve so much so fast. Not even Trish Stratus.

Jade owns and I was wrong about her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i, as usual, have always been right when it came to being pro-cargill.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was never any reason to have to turn around on jade besides needing to get over personal issues that had nothing to do with her. no, personal demons. often related to wwe. sometimes, frankly... intellect-related.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Some made fun of her at the time but her realizing that the top rope Jaded was a bad idea was when I realized she was the chosen one

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Some made fun of her at the time but her realizing that the top rope Jaded was a bad idea was when I realized she was the chosen one

going for a safer move instead of pushing through with a big spot when you weren't comfortable was a real good sign she had a good head on her shoulders, yeah

much more experienced wrestlers might've and have in fact pushed through like that and injured themselves or their opponents

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

The recent AQA match wasn’t perfect, but imagine watching Jade hit a great Tour of the Islands and thinking “no, this Jade character is a bad wrestler!”

https://youtu.be/cTtNAyoJrVk

Jade has been great since the Shaq match. Green, yeah, and slightly clunky at times, but she’s improved tremendously over a year, has a million dollar look/presence, and absolutely is on her way to being a big deal in the year(s) to come.

Plus, since this is the Social Media thread, she’s fun to watch on Twitter and such.

Edit: i was sold on her the moment she started spamming flex taunts in that Shaq like she was building her SPECIAL meter in No Mercy

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2022

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jade's passable in-ring now but we didn't need to see her clunk around for the first 20 matches. The "Jade was always good" takes are a bit much lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Being right about Jade is easy. The true champs were right about Dr. Luther too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Goat posted:

Jade's passable in-ring now but we didn't need to see her clunk around for the first 20 matches. The "Jade was always good" takes are a bit much lol

Please do tell which matches were bad and why. Her first match was universally praised. It was very well laid out and she did a great job as did Red Velvet. Their two singles matches were really good. She delivered with Leyla, Rosa, and in basically every other match other than the Ruby Soho match. For someone with zero pro matches prior to her debut she did incredibly well and was more than passable as a TV product. Some of the same hesitancy between spots was there with Hook (who was smoother in his first matches overall) but people so badly wanted Jade to fail that it was treated like some fatal flaw.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

That'll come

Oh for sure, just found it funny to call someone who's bad at wrestling the "complete package"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People don’t know how to not react negatively to something that isn’t immediately pleasing them, which is crazy because almost everything AEW has done that was shaky at first has turned out to be great.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NienNunb posted:

People don’t know how to not react negatively to something that isn’t immediately pleasing them, which is crazy because almost everything AEW has done that was shaky at first has turned out to be great.

The awfulness of that Ruby match was ridiculously overstated. It wasn't any worse than the Shida/Julia match last night or that recent Leyla/Velvet match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The top rope Jaded was the really standout bad part of that match but it's better for her that she delivered it safely even if it looked really bad than just force Ruby to take it.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Beeswax posted:

Oh for sure, just found it funny to call someone who's bad at wrestling the "complete package"

It worked for Lex Luger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sharparoni posted:

It worked for Lex Luger

Did it though?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

Did it though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEEv0GZNTM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beeswax posted:

Fortunately she's good at wrestling.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Fortunately she's good at wrestling.

drat, I'm failing to control the narrative

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Beeswax posted:

She’s very good in matches that stay under 10 minutes. And that’s her character. She comes in, wrecks poo poo, and wins. She’s wonderful at playing her character, and I don’t think there’s a better character in American wrestling at the moment.
It’s like complaining Goldberg sucked because he couldn’t put on 30 minute clinics.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Conrad_Birdie posted:

She’s very good in matches that stay under 10 minutes. And that’s her character. She comes in, wrecks poo poo, and wins. She’s wonderful at playing her character, and I don’t think there’s a better character in American wrestling at the moment.
It’s like complaining Goldberg sucked because he couldn’t put on 30 minute clinics.

No one is saying Jade sucks. Some of us are saying she’s bad at wrestling

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Jade instantly became my favorite promo in the business when she came backstage and immediately told Taye “bitch shut the hell up no one cares about that karate poo poo”

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone improve so much so fast. Not even Trish Stratus.

Jade owns and I was wrong about her.

Both Jade and Yuki Arai are in the "they've only had HOW MANY MATCHES???" club.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The_Rob posted:

Jade instantly became my favorite promo in the business when she came backstage and immediately told Taye “bitch shut the hell up no one cares about that karate poo poo”

an absolutely all time line

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Conrad_Birdie posted:

you want 5 star matches

you want 30 minute classics

naw

bump that

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1512197679044038662

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Jades a lot like early Cena in my eyes. Lots of potential, but rough around the edges. If she stays dedicated and continues working with world class wrestlers on the regular, not to mention booked like Brock Lesnar, I have no doubt in a few years she'll be a truly great talent.

But right now she's fine, definitely good for where she is in her career, but she's also being given lots of opportunity to succeed that a regular up-and-comer does not, so it is what it is. If I was Tony I can't say I wouldn't be doing the same.

But also she's married to a guy who made MLB money for 16 years, has a masters in child psychology, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but she doesn't strike me as someone who was passionate about wrestling before she started wrestling. My point here being, if she's still around in 5 years I'll be (pleasantly) surprised.

I guess we'll see what happens when the matches start getting longer and she has to start putting people over. Basically I see her ending up as either the next John Cena or the next Ryback and not much in between. Time will tell.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

graph posted:

you want 5 star matches

you want 30 minute classics

naw

bump that

Never getting Big E against Goldberg is just one of a multitude of ways WWE wasted Big E.

E’s promos would instantly make the match an all time classic before they even stepped in the ring.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I've come around on Jade a lot. She's gotten surprisingly good on the mic. I laughed my rear end off when she said she was tired of washed up mma fighters coming into pro wrestling. She really really needs a new finisher though. Jaded sucks so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I like Jade squash matches. I did not like Jade vs Ruby because Jade was very clunky and the match was not good because of that. I have not seen Jade wrestle since then so I can't comment on if she has improved or not.