Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

This is a cursed map for making me live in Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

And now I want a gerrimandered map of USA where the states are draw so the GOP win all elections forever.

*Posts a normal USA map*

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Looks like a crop of this map (that I am proud/embarrassed to say it's hanging in my home office)

Nah it's the Voltaire's Nightmare version that's turbozoomed on the HRE, def by the same people though.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

JesustheDarkLord posted:

*Posts a normal USA map*

Goddammit you beat me to it

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Nah it's the Voltaire's Nightmare version that's turbozoomed on the HRE, def by the same people though.

You're right I didn't look close effort, just recognized the style. It's got even more detail, crazy.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm the North Dakota ladle handle

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The hanpandle

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is a reference to "Surfin' USA," isn't it?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I think Pennsylvania does usually have a tiny little coastline, but here it's been stolen by Indiana and Ohio.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think Pennsylvania does usually have a tiny little coastline, but here it's been stolen by Indiana and Ohio.

That's just Philadelphian propaganda

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Not quite 50 miles of it, but yeah.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ultrafilter posted:

It would be way more if New Jersey would do everyone a favor by finally going ahead and sinking into the ocean.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It would be way more if New Jersey would do everyone a favor by finally going ahead and sinking into the ocean.

Aren’t you from Florida???

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Aren’t you from Florida???
I was a Jaguars fan because I'm from a part of PA very close to Jersey that is bursting with obnoxious Eagles fans, such that even at the ripe young age of like 5 I liked the cowboys because they beat the eagles a lot. Thankfully after a few short years I realized that was even worse so I started rooting for the Jaguars when they were created.

I'm proud of myself for avoiding being a Cowboys fan but uh, my decision making still needs some work.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Paradox, please add Bitsch.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The Napoleonic Wars: Run! Bitsch Run!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Frionnel posted:

While playing as Bitsch, have your capital in the new world and own no provinces in Europe

Achivement Unlocked: Move Bitsch, Get Out The Way

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Frionnel posted:

In other words: Bitsch, please!

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Brawnfire posted:

In other words: Bitsch, please!

Achievement: Bitsch, where's my money!

Receive war reparations from 3 great powers at the same time.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Military situation in Ukraine on April 6th, 2022, from Wikipedia:

Large version (legend in Spanish for some reason):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg

The Russians have evacuated the north completely, but they are making modest advances in the east, getting closer to one of their strategic goals, which is to secure the borders claimed by the breakaway entities of the Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk People's Republic.

In the south, a stalemate has developed, despite the Ukrainians retaking some territory near the city of Kherson, currently occupied by Russia. The siege of Mykolaiv has been lifted, and it seems unlikely that the Russians will be able to renew their offensive in the area anytime soon.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

THERE.

(Sorry, the adjacent yellows of Nebraska and Utah were bugging the poo poo out of me. Took way too long to come up with a solution that stayed three-color and had all border changes be in service of a state reaching the sea, i.e. no new "panhandles to nowhere" purely to be a convenient separation for two other states.)

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 7, 2022

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

THERE.

(Sorry, the adjacent yellows of Nebraska and Utah were bugging the poo poo out of me. Took way too long to come up with a solution that stayed three-color and had all border changes be in service of a state reaching the sea, i.e. no new "panhandles to nowhere" purely to be a convenient separation for two other states.)

Now make South Dakota always border only North Dakota to its north, it's bugging me a lot since I saw this.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Imagine the border liquor stores

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Space Kablooey posted:

Now make South Dakota always border only North Dakota to its north, it's bugging me a lot since I saw this.

Nope, sorry, we'll be fixing it by renaming Montana instead. Which do you prefer: Mesodakota or Middakota?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Nope, sorry, we'll be fixing it by renaming Montana instead. Which do you prefer: Mesodakota or Middakota?

Acceptable. Middakota sounds awful so i vote for it

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Powered Descent posted:

Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedakota

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powered Descent posted:

THERE.

Run Nebraska’s panhandle north of Wyoming and you can greatly simplify the Nevada corridor.

e: gently caress! Then Nevada and Wyoming touch.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 7, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Platystemon posted:

Run Nebraska’s panhandle north of Wyoming and you can greatly simplify the Nevada corridor.
If we're going to go that far then Minnesota's should go along the Canadian border and Nebraska would take its place. Which would also gently caress with Powered Descent's color scheme bahaha

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Powered Descent posted:

THERE.

Gotta say I was expecting Loss.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ultrafilter posted:

Meanwhile Vermont probably got at least half and possibly more of New Hampshire's 13 or so miles

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedakota

yea

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I couldnt find a way to make SD exclusively border ND to the north and vice-versa without turning the map into 4 colors, but I think having MO be absorbed by SD is the next best solution, and it's not like anyone will actuallly miss it

Here's my 4-color solution, but I think I kinda went overboard fixing some of the more egregious borders in it

e: I just noticed california can be yellow. oh well
e2: I kinda want to remove OK panhandle to nowhere but i think that can be grandfathered in because that'd only create more problems

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 9, 2022

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Space Kablooey posted:

e2: I kinda want to remove OK panhandle to nowhere but i think that can be grandfathered in because that'd only create more problems

Run New Mexico’s pandhandle from its north side and it can serve as an insulator between yellowArizona and Long Oklahomahandle.

P.S.: “MO” is the abbreviation for Missouri. Montana’s is “MT”.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Amsterdam looks like it has an STD.

…how appropriate.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

Amsterdam looks like it has an STD.

…how appropriate.

Amsterdam looks like a man with a beard shouting at a small dog.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im the station that doesnt say Amsterdam in front of the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Carthag Tuek posted:

im the station that doesnt say Amsterdam in front of the name

Hello Corner of Amsterdam, how are you doing.