Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Doesn’t seem to be a satellite either. Will wait until my neighbors w the telescope wake up and provide an update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Abugadu posted:

Doesn’t seem to be a satellite either. Will wait until my neighbors w the telescope wake up and provide an update.

Weather balloons are still in common usage.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Leperflesh posted:

Weather balloons are still in common usage.

The only thing that makes me think it’s not that is that it’s way behind the clouds, fairly large, and moving like a star/moon would with the rotation.

It’s where Kornephoros in the constellation Hercules seems to be.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Quiet Feet posted:

This is loving with my head. My brain cannot decide if there is a door in the ceiling or if that's an ordinary staircase and the room beyond has a window in the floor.

The ceiling is trimmed out for some reason. It’s just a too small of an opening, hence the warning tape. My guess is that the actual clearance at the edge is like 6’ or less because they didn’t design it properly.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God why is there a wire coming out of the light switch and outlet for the medicine cabinet / mirror?!

Bluetooth stereo mirror

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Abugadu posted:

The only thing that makes me think it’s not that is that it’s way behind the clouds, fairly large, and moving like a star/moon would with the rotation.

It’s where Kornephoros in the constellation Hercules seems to be.

You could ask in the astronomy thread, but geostationary satellites are way too small to appear as a visible disc (geo orbits are very very high), and it's very weird that it's moving with the rotation of the stars if it's just a high atmosphere thing like a balloon. I'm not finding any news about e.g. a supernova in Hercules, either.

Beta Hercules (Kornephoros) is a very bright star, 2.78 magnitude, but you absolutely could not resolve it as a disc, even through a telescope.

Can you take a picture?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

You could ask in the astronomy thread, but geostationary satellites are way too small to appear as a visible disc (geo orbits are very very high), and it's very weird that it's moving with the rotation of the stars if it's just a high atmosphere thing like a balloon. I'm not finding any news about e.g. a supernova in Hercules, either.

Beta Hercules (Kornephoros) is a very bright star, 2.78 magnitude, but you absolutely could not resolve it as a disc, even through a telescope.

Can you take a picture?

My iPhone 8 camera sucks poo poo, but I’ll have the wife do it.

It’s 8:12am, sun is out, and it’s still highly visible.
I’ll check in a few minutes to see how much it’s processed around the background star. Neighbors should be awake as well w telescope.

I mean I know it’s 99.9% a weather balloon, but I can see why people freak out about them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Cubs might not suck this year?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Looking forward to the Mariners winning like 5 games in a row and everyone in Seattle thinking "This is the year" then being below .500 in July.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

And of course it's brighter/bigger than the photos show.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Abugadu posted:

My iPhone 8 camera sucks poo poo, but I’ll have the wife do it.

It’s 8:12am, sun is out, and it’s still highly visible.
I’ll check in a few minutes to see how much it’s processed around the background star. Neighbors should be awake as well w telescope.

I mean I know it’s 99.9% a weather balloon, but I can see why people freak out about them.

A lovely phone camera pic of probably-a-UFO can get you a shitload of views on social media, if that's a thing you'd enjoy. Might as well!

e. yeah my bet based on your pic is a high-altitude weather balloon. Here's a closer photo of one for comparison:

With a telescope you may or may not be able to make out something dangling below it, although they don't all always have a big payload so the absence of one isn't necessarily proof it's an alien.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 7, 2022

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

A lovely phone camera pic of probably-a-UFO can get you a shitload of views on social media, if that's a thing you'd enjoy. Might as well!

It'll hit soon enough, everyone on the island can see it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Still close to Kornephoros but not tracking it exactly, so probably just in upper atmosphere.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

The ceiling is trimmed out for some reason. It’s just a too small of an opening, hence the warning tape. My guess is that the actual clearance at the edge is like 6’ or less because they didn’t design it properly.

Attic access in really old houses look like that. Normally there would be some sort of door that would close across the opening for insulation reasons.

I'm also struggling to get through the pictures because of the overwhelming amount of little things that aren't square, plumb, straight, or matching. There has to be some sort of mental illness going on there or something.

Edit: Lol, it took me embarrassingly too long to realize it's a barn.

Edit 2: Holy gently caress, the "blueprints"

Rectal Placenta fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 7, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

e. yeah my bet based on your pic is a high-altitude weather balloon. Here's a closer photo of one for comparison:

With a telescope you may or may not be able to make out something dangling below it, although they don't all always have a big payload so the absence of one isn't necessarily proof it's an alien.

You're gonna be incredibly red in the face when we're all forced to bow before our new extra-terrestrial over lords.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Abugadu, soon

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SoggyBitesizedBluegill-mobile.mp4

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

There would be so, so many doomers cheering on the aliens.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

As long as the dog escapes safely.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Atmospheric data collection balloon, is what I’m being told. Accounts for the size.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Gotta admit, aliens legitimately freak me the gently caress out so I'd have been pretty worried. Didn't stop me from reading those weird Unsolved Mysteries style conspiracy books about poo poo like aliens and the Bermuda Triangle that my folks had a bunch of in the 90s.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Abugadu posted:

Atmospheric data collection balloon, is what I’m being told. Accounts for the size.

That's what they say about yo momma! ROASTED

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Gotta admit, aliens legitimately freak me the gently caress out so I'd have been pretty worried. Didn't stop me from reading those weird Unsolved Mysteries style conspiracy books about poo poo like aliens and the Bermuda Triangle that my folks had a bunch of in the 90s.

UFOs are real and here is evidence from the air force just kinda sliding past everyone is one of the crazier things to be drowned out by the daily news cycle in the last few years.

I mean I don't know how real they are (I'd imagine not really) or how decisive the evidence is, it just seems like if the video leak had happened a couple of decades earlier we'd have focused on it a lot more.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CDT

https://discord.gg/GM6cbgm2

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Abugadu posted:

And here I was hoping for 72 HOURS REMAIN

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Did you not have forced air infrastructure before, or have HVAC prices gone up a whole lot since we got our furnace and AC replaced 5 or 6 years ago?

Combination of insane price hikes + we spent extra for a feature-laden Trane.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

That's what they say about yo momma! ROASTED

nooooooooo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao that fox that bit all the dipshit congress men and women had rabies.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Even when the business trip is "local" I find myself getting a hotel room

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao that fox that bit all the dipshit congress men and women had rabies.

Look, rabies or no I get a chance to pet a fox, Imma pet a fox, just how it goes. Raccoons, close second

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Look, rabies or no I get a chance to pet a fox, Imma pet a fox, just how it goes. Raccoons, close second

Just gonna feed and let a possum bite the hell out of me instead because they're immune myself. Also because they're the trashest version of mammals and I love them for that.

Eat them ticks boys, you're doing the world good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm weird in that I greatly prefer opossums to raccoons. Racoons make a goddamn mess, opossums clean up messes.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Who got bit by a fox? I must be out of the loop.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Just gonna feed and let a possum bite the hell out of me instead because they're immune myself. Also because they're the trashest version of mammals and I love them for that.

Eat them ticks boys, you're doing the world good.

My friend had a possum living under his shed out back, we named it Whitney but then we stopped seeing her and he eventually found possum bones under the shed :smith:

But now he’s been sending snaps of a new possum that took up shed residence, this one’s all white (but not technically albino, no red/pink eyes) :unsmith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

T-Square posted:

My friend had a possum living under his shed out back, we named it Whitney but then we stopped seeing her and he eventually found possum bones under the shed :smith:

But now he’s been sending snaps of a new possum that took up shed residence, this one’s all white (but not technically albino, no red/pink eyes) :unsmith:

They only live like 2 years on average in the wild, which stunned me when I looked it up. They get pretty big and able and kinda scary--mostly when they themselves are scared--for two year old beings.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bird in a Blender posted:

Who got bit by a fox? I must be out of the loop.

A congressman (who is also a doctor, and so immediately got rabies prophylaxis), a few reporters and a few staffers. Over the course of like 2 days it bit like 6 people because it had nested nearby and, well, had rabies so was super aggressive.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

I'm weird in that I greatly prefer opossums to raccoons. Racoons make a goddamn mess, opossums clean up messes.

Tell that to the one who knocked over a bunch of mason jars and took a poo poo in my garage.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 8, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

swickles posted:

A congressman (who is also a doctor, and so immediately got rabies prophylaxis), a few reporters and a few staffers. Over the course of like 2 days it bit like 6 people because it had nested nearby and, well, had rabies so was super aggressive.

oh why couldn't it have bit an anti-vaxxer?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/dbrauer/status/1512263121485844492

incredible

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

incredible

Look we have to respect the instincts of power hungry hall-monitor motherfuckers with thousands of hours of call of duty experience as well as the roided-out affliction tee-wearers whose TBIs keep them out of every other career path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'd like to see in writing what gives probable cause to go no-knock on a warrant.

Watch all warrants now include suspicion of drug trafficking, lest they flush the contraband down the toilet.