Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victar
Nov 8, 2009

Bored? Need something to read while camping Time-Lost Protodrake?

www.vicfanfic.com
I thought all the Mom 'n' Pop local shops were also selling their stuff on Amazon by now. Or some form of online sales, on some online venue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Victar posted:

I thought all the Mom 'n' Pop local shops were also selling their stuff on Amazon by now. Or some form of online sales, on some online venue.

Manufacturers may, retailers (or folks who do both, and depend on mixed stream retail income) are still screwed. There are also significant operating costs associated with amazon, since you're routinely competing with, e.g., a chinese sweatshop knocking off your product.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Furious pensioner confronts Scott Morrison as Newcastle pub photo op backfires (Guardian).

Golding:

Knight:

Anthony Albanese had someone crash a press conference who wanted to ask a "tough question".

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 7, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I appreciate that the *latest fad is a wholly neutral qualifier and describes developments both good and ill.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

THis is just... Weird. Why would you just randomly drop a photo in the middle of a comic? Why is the right half of the comic unfinished? Why is Jaba the Hut in line?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

“JUST A FLY IN THE OINTMENT. THE MONKEY IN THE WRENCH. THE PAIN IN THE rear end.”

The New World Order steals Russia’s wealth while inventing new sanctions. Sanctions that Joe Biden said don’t work.One news event you won’t often hear the war drum-banging mainstream media mention is Putin tying the Russian Ruble to gold.

This is a direct challenge to ‘King Dollar,’ which has been the world’s reserve currency for far too long. Other leaders have tried to avoid the dollar. Iraq went to the Euro in exchange for their oil. Soon after, the US invaded and Saddam Hussein was murdered.

Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi wanted a gold-based currency. Soon after, the US bombed his country and Gaddafi was murdered. Now we’re seeing how the US would love a ‘regime change’ in Russia as Biden put it, but unlike bullying smaller countries, the US knows any direct attempt to take Putin out could lead to nuclear war.

Putin plays 3-D chess. Biden can’t even play checkers because he’s too busy tracking down his jello cup.

The Democrats who carry out the game plan for the New World Order oligarchs know Biden is a blithering mess and that interferes with their plans. After being shunned by Obama, I don’t expect Biden to finish out his term.

By tying his country’s currency to gold, Putin has tossed a big monkey wrench into the turning gears of the globalists. If India and China go along with Russia, we could see some real fireworks. The New World Order needs the dollar to complete their plans to enslave the world by means of a digital dollar and a social credit system.

Putin doesn’t want this. Like the recently reelected Viktor Orban in Hungary, Vladimir Putin is a nationalist who has the best interests of his own country at heart. By contrast, Biden hates America.

Why else would he shut down domestic oil, leave our borders wide open, bring about massive inflation, and pepper us with dictatorial (and useless) Covid mandates? We need to stay out of Ukraine and concentrate on fixing our own country.

A return to a gold-based dollar would be a start, but how much gold is in Fort Knox? Probably very little. There has been no audit since the late 1950s. Whatever gold was there has most likely been replaced with gold-sprayed tungsten, a metal that weighs the same as gold.

Since we allowed private globalist bankers to take over our money system in 1913 and then systematically rob us blind, the US has been in the steady decline. We’ve lost too many lives through useless wars, had the fruits of our labor and our freedom stolen from us, and now they want to steal what makes human beings human by means of their woke nihilism.

The Great Reset is a launch of globalist neo-serfdom where citizens have no freedom.

We are to shut up and do as we’re told while pedophiles at the top insist we celebrate the never-ending ‘trans’ mockery. We will own nothing and eat bugs while the oligarchs own and control everything.

Biden has already mumbled about how he leads the New World Order. Putin is one of the few who is standing up against those insane plans. It’s not that I admire Putin the dictator.

I simply despise our own dictators much more.

— Ben Garrison

It's like, every other Garrison rant will casually drop in a new conspiracy theory. Now we get "there's no gold in Fort Knox."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Putin is a tool, AGC.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

refresh my memory, isn't mr. garrison a huge proponent of crypto currency, and if so, has he ever put to paper how he squares that belief with the idea that currency must be backed by gold in order to have genuine value and the new world order wants to enslave us with digital currency?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Good old Putin! Standing up to the (((new world order))) and Evil Joe Biden (who still isn't the real president), and doing the right thing by tying the ruble to gold, like in the Good Old Days before the (((international bankers))) got into our money!

Not that I admire Putin...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The all powerful shadow government that controls the world is now thwarted because Putin said some magical economy words about gold. Same energy as Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy over here.
Nothin' the ol' NWO can do, I guess!

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Putin is a gaudy destructive force masquerading as something capable of fixing things, AGC.

Every line of that rant is nonsense, even the first (who says "the monkey in the wrench"?). The whole thing is just blaming Biden is a dictator who hates America because of oil prices and Covid, but Putin is just a much better dictator because NWO (ignore the much much worse poo poo he's doing).

And no, tungsten is not the same density as gold, there is enough difference that any measuring device you would use for gold bars would show this.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cowcaster posted:

refresh my memory, isn't mr. garrison a huge proponent of crypto currency, and if so, has he ever put to paper how he squares that belief with the idea that currency must be backed by gold in order to have genuine value and the new world order wants to enslave us with digital currency?

Bitcoin has Inherent Value due to it's rarity.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I know the answer already, but why gold spray tungston instead of having the vault be empty if no one can see the vault?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wait I thought The Great Reset stuff started when that Davos guy said out loud that the goal is to turn everybody into renters of all things and consolidating the ownership class, something people like Garrison and the right wingers are all on board with. I guess it's morphed into generic Elders of Zion stuff now? Why is Putin being praised here for gumming up the machine from ending the reset, is Garrison pro-reset after all?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

It's like, every other Garrison rant will casually drop in a new conspiracy theory. Now we get "there's no gold in Fort Knox."
I swear at one point he claimed that the Fed was hoovering up as much gold as possible to either A) prevent anyone from obtaining it, forcing fiat currency upon the land or B) because they secretly know its value and the elites still use it as a de facto currency in their dealings.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I just realized.... There's no way, where that wrench is, that it could affect anything.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Ben Garrison posted:

THE MONKEY IN THE WRENCH.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
It might dislodge/rub against that band it's passing through. That kind of utter devastation to the globalist machinery looks like it could take a whole couple of minutes to fix

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

It might dislodge/rub against that band it's passing through. That kind of utter devastation to the globalist machinery looks like it could take a whole couple of minutes to fix
Putin's master plan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhfcdQf1QA

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So, uh, what is the party that's currently in power doing to protect democracy?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

So, uh, what is the party that's currently in power doing to protect democracy?

Staring angrily at the spiritual totem of a turtle.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Raised By Birds posted:

No Gold in Fort Knox is a classic, its just 50 year old brainworm corpses floating back to the surface. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Beter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Didn't Mnuchin almost certainly gently caress his wife on a pile of gold bars during a solar eclipse at Fort Knox

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Marshall Ramsey

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Oh poo poo, he's dead?

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Barry’s 3rd Term: Obama and the Democrats continue to use Biden as the frontman for their radical agenda.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Epic High Five posted:

Didn't Mnuchin almost certainly gently caress his wife on a pile of gold bars during a solar eclipse at Fort Knox

That sounds so uncomfortable.

E: I'm surprised Marty Two Bulls cares so much about the Oscar slap, were there no crimes against the environment and indigenous people recently?

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 8, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Not only does this imply Hunter Biden's business deals are actually a good thing and it would have been bad to stop them, but also they're tied to Biden despite not being dead yet?

Has there been a single political cartoonist who actually understands this story?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I am not so sure dad jokes are appropriate with war crimes but I loled.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Ahh yes, I too refer to people's children by their full names when talking to the parents. That is a normal way people talk and doesn't make things seem awkward at all.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Murdstone posted:

I am not so sure dad jokes are appropriate with war crimes but I loled.

I just realized that I haven't seen a JR ROSE comic in years. What happened to him?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hrrgnh wedding guest im trying to sneak around my curse but the albatross is dummy thicc and the clap from its rear end cheeks keeps alerting the tormented spirits of my crew

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

That's some Rall-esque perspective going on with those tongs

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fister Roboto posted:

I just realized that I haven't seen a JR ROSE comic in years. What happened to him?

He's still around, but I don't see recent political cartoons from him, just snuffy smith. That said, I've not had time to go digging.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Epic High Five posted:

I would absolutely do this if I was Treasury Secretary.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Nice of garrison to go back to his anti nwo fed roots

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Hrrgnh wedding guest im trying to sneak around my curse but the albatross is dummy thicc and the clap from its rear end cheeks keeps alerting the tormented spirits of my crew
I enjoyed this.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: How We Will Finally Get Serious about Climate Change

Ted Rall posted:

Climate change/global warming is an existential threat to humanity. But the main effect of it, warmer weather, is repeatedly reported as something positive. What we really need to be spurred into action is a seriously painful development.

First Dog on the Moon: Thank goodness it’s time for another episode of ‘nothing terrible happens’

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s almost quaint how much they are trying to make Hunter Biden be an impeachment issue.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
A good... Rall??

There's a joke and the art is passable for his style. Did he hire someone to do the cartoon for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nenonen posted:

A good... Rall??

There's a joke and the art is passable for his style. Did he hire someone to do the cartoon for him?

Nah, it isn't good. He's complaining about climate change while working for a petrostate. Even ignoring that, the joke is something that trite standup comedians were saying thirty years ago.