Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Beat 2 games in the last week, most notably Patrick's Parabox, which was really good despite not being incredibly difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its finally out? ive had it on my wishlist for a while now

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yakuza 3 Remastered

it was fine. If this is the worst the series gets then I can live with that but I know people say it's a toss up between 3 and 4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Elden Ring

Really an incredible experience. Reminds me of the feeling I had when I was a kid and me and my buddies discovered final fantasy 7 and would talk about it every day at school. The first few dozen hours, I had so much joy comparing journeys with my mates and doing coop. I wanna start again already, but I know I'll never recapture that magic. Godly game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

Yakuza 3 Remastered

it was fine. If this is the worst the series gets then I can live with that but I know people say it's a toss up between 3 and 4

i think 4 better fwiw and you seem to be playing through the series the same way that i did. you didn't 100 percent 3 i hope, lol.

4 is definitely longer but the combat is a little better, i like most of the new protagonists, the city opens up a lot by adding roofs and underground areas and stuff. plus by 4 some of the substory characters are old friends and even minor ones like the dine-and-dash guy show up for easter eggs. you may want to just kind of bomb through it so you don't burn out, though, because 5 is a fantastic game with an insane amount of content.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

i think 4 better fwiw and you seem to be playing through the series the same way that i did. you didn't 100 percent 3 i hope, lol.

the second I saw I'd have to beat pool on every difficulty I immediately lost all desire to try. I'll maybe try to do the Amon fight

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Wario Land - Super Mario Land 3

Started this yesterday on a whim. Its alright but theres so much poo poo that annoyed me that i dont feel like replaying it to find the missing treasures, especially after one involved going through an invisible door indicated only by a breakable block. most arent that bullshit but that kinda thing bothers me. I lost 2 to game overs.

heres my ending tally

Mostly waiting to get to the fireworks factory that are Wario Land 3 (the one i played but never beat, and also much better imo) and Wario Land 4

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

Wario Land 3

:barf:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i remember thinking it was a cool game. anyway playing wario land 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

wario land 2 and 3 both kick rear end, never played 1 or 4

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never really played anything after the first one, even though I really love the "collect hidden treasure for more score" aspect of it.

Didn't they gently caress with the formula in 2 and make Wario basically invincible or something? I know I was turned off to it for some reason.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

I never really played anything after the first one, even though I really love the "collect hidden treasure for more score" aspect of it.

Didn't they gently caress with the formula in 2 and make Wario basically invincible or something? I know I was turned off to it for some reason.

yeah you cant die but when you get hit you lose coins and sometimes get a status effect tht can open new doors in some places or in others it can gently caress you over and make you retry a segment, its actually really cool and well implemented

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

2 is one of the best platformers of all time and 3 is a travesty. 4's cool. ive typed this sentence maybe 1milllion times in imp zpone

copy
Jul 26, 2007

yeah and i think two was the one with a lot of different endings and it had like some kind of level select tree you could use after getting one to go and grab other branches.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

American McGay posted:

yeah 2 is cool and like fungah said, it has a lot of cool little status effects that can do some stuff, like if you get lit on fire you cant stop running but can burn some blocks down, which can either open a path or make you fall down a pit, or you get flattened and can float or enter certain narrow passages but cant jump as high as regular wario. the thing i liked about 3 is that stages were open ended and if you kept your eyes open you could take some of these status effects outside what you'd think was the puzzle area made for it and find some other path. it reminded me a lot of toki tori 2

absolutely anything posted:

2 is one of the best platformers of all time and 3 is a travesty. 4's cool. ive typed this sentence maybe 1milllion times in imp zpone

gomene, ill see if my memory of 3 holds up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wario land 4 is the best game on the game boy advance

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Evil Eagle posted:

wario land 4 is the best game on the game boy advance

lets not go that far

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

1 is the best one and why they made king knight its direct sequel

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Started this yesterday on a whim. Its alright but theres so much poo poo that annoyed me that i dont feel like replaying it to find the missing treasures, especially after one involved going through an invisible door indicated only by a breakable block. most arent that bullshit but that kinda thing bothers me. I lost 2 to game overs.

heres my ending tally

Mostly waiting to get to the fireworks factory that are Wario Land 3 (the one i played but never beat, and also much better imo) and Wario Land 4

trying to jack off posted:

wario land: super mario land 3. godlike game and easily better than 6 golden coins. im not going to grind for the moon, i didnt even have the patience to do that as a kid

I got all the treasures in one playthrough without a guide. keep up kid

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

looking at the treasures collected it looks like arf doesnt even know that the tide comes in

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i DIDNT post my other wario opinions because iwas so disgusted about 3 wario land 1 is cool but a little stiff and virtual boy wario land is cool and shake it is a pretty looking but mediocre version of 4. thank u

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I got all the treasures in one playthrough without a guide. keep up kid

i dont care

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

looking at the treasures collected it looks like arf doesnt even know that the tide comes in
:laugh:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

ArfJason posted:

heres my ending tally

wario land rules. what kind of castle did you get

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Judging by those screenshots he got the log cabin. Not great, not terrible.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mini Wario from SML3 might be my favorite video game sprite of all time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i got curious about the SML3 commercial and looked it up and lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFczADqrGU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol there's just no way for english to capture the subtleties of dutch "Tiny Wario"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

lol there's just no way for english to capture the subtleties of dutch "Tiny Wario"

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHhrIfJBpp0

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I really like how much of a weird fuckin goblin wario is in these games

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

wario land: super mario land 3. godlike game and easily better than 6 golden coins. im not going to grind for the moon, i didnt even have the patience to do that as a kid

every time I see a screenshot like this I expect to see the mysterious square dick bulge at the bottom of the shot from net cafe scandal's zelda thread

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martman posted:

every time I see a screenshot like this I expect to see the mysterious square dick bulge at the bottom of the shot from net cafe scandal's zelda thread

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo (hard, all side missions, all yokai)

Strange in memoriam at the end of the game:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • BigDill (2021) 1 map for Doom II. 3/5.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
wrong thread lmo

I got the tude now fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 9, 2022

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
12. Batman: Arkham City (All Stories, Normal, 72% Completion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

persona 3 fes
gonna lie down for a bit after that lol