Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

well at least he’s better than THE OTHER GUY

*gestures vaguely*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I've never met a good joe

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

a good JO however...

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

ArmZ posted:

a good JO however...

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

My Parents in January 2021: Joe Biden will defeat COVID and be one of the best presidents ever!

My Parents in January 2022: Lets not talk about politcs.

well, never say that biden didn't improve your life in some way

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

sleeptalker posted:

*liberal voice* Actually the president is doing great. Many things have been getting better because of him. He has been effective in handling the crises, and dignified too.

How could you not know this, have you not been paying attention? Or are you actually just a Republican?

The thing is that many/most don't actually believe this, even to the extent that people often fool themselves to justify their choices, and their willingness to pretend is directly related to how owned they think they'll be if they drop the act. When they think they're among like-minded individuals they'll be honest about biden sucking. It's not going to affect their voting, but they know.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

The thing is that many/most don't actually believe this, even to the extent that people often fool themselves to justify their choices, and their willingness to pretend is directly related to how owned they think they'll be if they drop the act. When they think they're among like-minded individuals they'll be honest about biden sucking. It's not going to affect their voting, but they know.

Listen, kiddo, I get it.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

*lib voice* look, he's doing the best he can. what, did you like le cheeto benito more? are you a fascist? do i need to remind you that there was a COUP??? and FOUR YEARS of a DANG CHEETO in the WHITE HOUSE??????

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

*lib voice* look, he's doing the best he can. what, did you like le cheeto benito more? are you a fascist? do i need to remind you that there was a COUP???

"I suppose you'd rather trump was president?"

"yes lol"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

empty whippet box posted:

"yes lol"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

*lib voice* look, he's doing the best he can. what, did you like le cheeto benito more? are you a fascist? do i need to remind you that there was a COUP??? and FOUR YEARS of a DANG CHEETO in the WHITE HOUSE??????

at least he was funny

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Buck Wildman posted:

at least he was funny

The current set of events where Biden gives every Democrat catches COVID, has the potential to be very funny.

Statistically they can't treat them all and have a perfect outcome.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

at least he was funny

one of the more frustrating things about Biden is that he's funny as hell but they never let him out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Iron Crowned posted:

My Parents in January 2021: Joe Biden will defeat COVID and be one of the best presidents ever!

My Parents in January 2022: Lets not talk about politcs.

Open biden

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

The "owned" thing is a good point, but it only really takes one person willing to play more-Dem-than-thou in any group to keep that fear up. Also that honesty now is going to be all the more reason for them to mistrust each other and begin pointing fingers as we get closer to the Democrats being destroyed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A coup that Joe Biden waved off and said he’d be fortunate to have Trump run again, legitimizing his run? That one shitlib?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Still amazes me how no one is reaming Biden for such an insane comment or just mocking him relentlessly over the biggest “gaffe” he ever made that debunked more of his scampaign

Just wanna play that comment back to libs forever if they frame that tired argument one more fucken time

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

its amazing how loving old Biden looks, he's not even 80 yet and looks 100.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

"yes lol"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the guy that paid me money

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

"yes lol"

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

"yes lol"

look, trump may have had a better response to covid but it's over now. there's no reason to do anything about covid because we finished fighting it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

"yes lol"

He gave us a big beautiful vaccine and cash money in our pockets.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it's so sad that trump outlawed brunch

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it's cool that libs are scared about the next elections and pissed off about biden being poo poo but for every Peter Daou who actually realizes that something is deeply wrong there's ten true believers who really think this is how a country should work and a hundred cowards who are too scared to even vote for a guy as milquetoast as bernie, much less support any kind of actual radical change

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

christmas boots posted:

This might be a hot take, but I think Dems actually do try and win, it's just that they're incapable of realizing that the only ways to do so are outside of the boxes that they have confined themselves in.

I don't think this is a hot take at all.

A while back the 5-4 podcast interviewed senator Sheldon Whitehouse about judicial reforms. One of the things they talked about were the Koch funded machines that feed so much into both the federal and supreme courts. Whitehouse acknowledged all this and said it was a problem however his solution was to make things "fair" and kept on emphasizing fairness at several other points in the interview. If that your mindset towards governing how will you ever come out ahead?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

along those lines there's an obama interview in the atlantic and his solution to misinformation on social media is some kind of "inspectors" that review the algorithms or whatever but look i am a free speech absolutist :words: :words: :words:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tenderjerk posted:

Wow

If his mind still worked he would probably feel shame that he was selected because everyone else ate poo poo against bernie and nothing else

ftfy

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

Seriously, if you can't outmaneuver a out n proud wife beater with legitimate brain problems and doing Baby's First Lies then what's the point, why do democrats even exist

tbf Georgians probably are asking the same questions we are wrt their 600 loving dollars

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

along those lines there's an obama interview in the atlantic and his solution to misinformation on social media is some kind of "inspectors" that review the algorithms or whatever but look i am a free speech absolutist :words: :words: :words:

democrats only policy plank: more mods

edit: maybe the groomer attacks have legs :thunk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nothus posted:

He gave us a big beautiful vaccine and cash money in our pockets.

lol forever that they announced the vaccine the day after the election

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

one of the more frustrating things about Biden is that he's funny as hell but they never let him out

Lastgirl posted:

Open biden

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The Democratic party has transformed into a profit-driven machine that seeks to maximize donations and thus promotes those who are best at securing donations. One of the best ways to get donations is to be the opposition party out of power, which makes the most reliable way to get donations is to lose elections. Therefore, people who lose elections get promoted within the Democratic party. That's why they're such losers. Not through intention or forethought, but by a near Darwinian mechanic whereby losers get the most donations and therefore staff the Democratic party.

Thank you for you time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol forever that they announced the vaccine the day after the election

there's no way that wasn't deliberate.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
trump is going to rake them over the coals for it once he's president again

donnie don't forget

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

trump is going to rake them over the coals for it once he's president again

donnie don't forget

Elons gonna bring trump back to Twitter

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Cloks posted:

yes, Biden isn't doing great but I have confidence that things will turn around once we elect a democrat president

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The Democratic party has transformed into a profit-driven machine that seeks to maximize donations and thus promotes those who are best at securing donations. One of the best ways to get donations is to be the opposition party out of power, which makes the most reliable way to get donations is to lose elections. Therefore, people who lose elections get promoted within the Democratic party. That's why they're such losers. Not through intention or forethought, but by a near Darwinian mechanic whereby losers get the most donations and therefore staff the Democratic party.

Thank you for you time.

By this logic wouldn't the Democrats also be incentivized to bolster the most psychotic opposition possible as well, in order to help open the panicky donation taps

But that can't be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The Oldest Man posted:

By this logic wouldn't the Democrats also be incentivized to bolster the most psychotic opposition possible as well, in order to help open the panicky donation taps

But that can't be right

their donor class is the CEO managerial class, not the plebs.
CEO's don't like the aesthetic of panicky donation taps, but KPI-indicator style reports