Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
one day you will sit with me at my revolvy? ribaldi? brivalby? what is he say

whoa he can drive

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is Cobell the angriest driver currently on television?ll

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 8, 2022

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Khanstant posted:

one day you will sit with me at my revolvy? ribaldi? brivalby? what is he say

whoa he can drive

revolving

and i guess driving is just a muscle memory

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Devon's question about whether or not Innie Mark could understand metaphors was really subtle and on point

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Is Cobell the angriest driver currently on television?ll

Thank god she has a rabbit.

Is that a rabbit?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COME ON this cant be end

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Khanstant posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COME ON this cant be end

No, there's still the finale next week. Mark rescues Gemma, Helly takes down Lumon and Irving... lemonparty

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

eke out posted:

Irving's license plate has numbers, a picture of Kier's face, and the phrase REMEDIUM HOMINIBUS on it -- same as Mark's earlier this season, looks like

i just assume that if we're in the US, it's a very alt history united states

One of the orientation questions asked Helly to name a state, so weird US it is

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

One of the orientation questions asked Helly to name a state, so weird US it is

yeah definitely the US, irvings' mail says so and does pretty clearly list the state abbreviation as 'PE' so we're in some fictional state

but all the zip codes -- 07458, 07450, 07452 -- are real ones in New Jersey, right outside of NYC. weird

eke out fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 8, 2022

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Also capitalist libertarian self-help slave cult. You can't get more American than that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
my guess for next season is a time gap, everyone back in the office working like a good little MDR team. They've all been to the testing floor like Irving had been before and hard-reset.

Withnail posted:

No, there's still the finale next week. Mark rescues Gemma, Helly takes down Lumon and Irving... lemonparty

lmao okay for some reason i thought this was the finale

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Man what an episode. I was definitely frustrated at times, but the writers knew exactly how far to go and when to hold back. I kept shouting "MARK! SEE THE PHOTO! LOOK AT THE PHOTO BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE and luckily the writers didn't let me down. I can't wait for next season, this is one of the greatest TV shows I've ever seen.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did he yell gemma before the tackle and also was helly tackled too or was that an editing illusion

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Khanstant posted:

my guess for next season is a time gap, everyone back in the office working like a good little MDR team. They've all been to the testing floor like Irving had been before and hard-reset.

lmao okay for some reason i thought this was the finale

It was the finale :(

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lmao just lmao

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

did he yell gemma before the tackle and also was helly tackled too or was that an editing illusion

He shouted "Devon, she's alive!" while holding a photo of him and Gemma. I assume that will give them enough context clues to connect the dots for next season and get some poo poo going.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ok i was pretty sure they weren't going to pull that trick, but photo in hand cinches it.

also wanna go back and take shots of all the names listed in the secret irving dox

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Here's as much of the newspaper article as I could get.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Withnail posted:

Thank god she has a rabbit.

Is that a rabbit?

It's a white Rabbit, yes.

Probably meaningless. Whoever heard of a White Rabbit?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

"He now finds himself struggling with elevator buttons, selecting his preferred gas variety, and entering his pin number. His life is forever changed by his injury."

The comedy writing great even in these asides.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Only Kindness posted:

It's a white Rabbit, yes.

Probably meaningless. Whoever heard of a White Rabbit?

Isn’t it yellow?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

shroe-dinjer? is he right in that and i am the goober saying shroe-dinger

It's shro-dinjer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

"The [(Non-Lumon?)] doctor has recommended Emory try using leeches to help regain the blood flow to his fingertip"

The gently caress? Is this set in a timeline where Kier's 1800s pseudoscience nonsense has even managed to infiltrate the medical establishment or something?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

"The [(Non-Lumon?)] doctor has recommended Emory try using leeches to help regain the blood flow to his fingertip"

The gently caress? Is this set in a timeline where Kier's 1800s pseudoscience nonsense has even managed to infiltrate the medical establishment or something?

It's a thing in finger circulation issues. Not super common, but real and often effective.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

AceOfFlames posted:

I dunno that doesn't sound far off from how we use them for tissue reattachment and stuff, they have an anticoagulant. Source I am a real life not fake doctor

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Nuts and Gum posted:

Isn’t it yellow?
IT'S LAUREL.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I love this show.
This show is amazing.
gently caress that finale.

Edit: I might gush about how this episode was so perfectly crafted but seriously, gently caress cliffhanger television.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 8, 2022

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I don't think it's a cliffhanger. Episode 8 was a cliffhanger for sure. We got to see the three outies do what they set out to do. Mark realized who Miss Casey was and was able to tell his family in addition to saying how bad severance was. Not to mention that beautiful exchange where he is basically able to ask his maker (by proxy) for the reason for his existence. Helly came to know who she was and was able to get out at least a couple lines about how bad severance is to some important people. We were introduced to what appears to be the main villain and his plan for immortality and world domination. We found out that Irv is a mole trying to end severance and his outie might be able to put together what's going on.

If the episode had ended four minutes earlier, I'd have been pissed.

Another thing I love about this show (and probably from watching Better Call Saul) is that it doesn't gently caress around heavily with flashbacks. Everything just happens to the characters and we experience it as they do. It's really refreshing and keeps the story moving along at a really fast pace.

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 8, 2022

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Man I haven't had this kind of stress watching in a show since when I still cared about Game of Thrones. What a finale.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Holy poo poo, was that a tense finale. Absolutely incredible!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I haven’t felt this excited since the early seasons of Lost.

Severance: The best show airing right now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo what an episode.... and now we have to wait for season 2 :gonk:

What an absolutely incredible show, the tension of waiting to see how much if anything Helly would be able to get out before Milchik got into the room and at Dylan was unbearable.

Also holy gently caress I was so mad at the way Lumon constructed their bullshit little PR showing Helly R as a model employee who just LOVES working on the Severed Floor.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

I don't think it's a cliffhanger. Episode 8 was a cliffhanger for sure. We got to see the three outies do what they set out to do. Mark realized who Miss Casey was and was able to tell his family in addition to saying how bad severance was. Not to mention that beautiful exchange where he is basically able to ask his maker (by proxy) for the reason for his existence. Helly came to know who she was and was able to get out at least a couple lines about how bad severance is to some important people. We were introduced to what appears to be the main villain and his plan for immortality and world domination. We found out that Irv is a mole trying to end severance and his outie might be able to put together what's going on.

If the episode had ended four minutes earlier, I'd have been pissed.

Another thing I love about this show (and probably from watching Better Call Saul) is that it doesn't gently caress around heavily with flashbacks. Everything just happens to the characters and we experience it as they do. It's really refreshing and keeps the story moving along at a really fast pace.

It's kind of a cliffhanger, but imo it's the good kind. As you said, each of the characters managed to do something crucial. Mark told his sister what's going on, and discovered Gemma is alive, and even managed to just barely pass that information on in a way that they should be able to figure it out to let Outie Mark know. So we can imagine how that will resolve and where things will go from there.

Irving didn't do a ton of exciting stuff, but considering that we now know his Outie is hard at work uncovering stuff, just the fact that his body will wake up banging on Burt's door should have some useful fallout as he pieces together what must have happened to get him here.

And Helly seriously disrupted Lumon's poo poo. The fallout from that will be explosive.

Can't wait for the next season.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

sure okay posted:

What an infuriating episode.

It's 20 minutes of shock recovery, and nothing substantial happens until literally the last 3 minutes.

I mean literally literally, you can actually skip to the end -3 and get the whole episode.

I loving hate it when TV does this.

Even if you’re watching for plot points and don’t care about character moments or suspense, there’s impactful things happening before the last three minutes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
So proud of Helly and Dylan for not being tempted / intimidated by Lumen.

Also LMAO that Lumen tackled Helly but actually ended up hurting Helena. gently caress her, gently caress them.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

aaaaaaa how long do I gotta wait

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that was extremely good. loved that Milchick was willing to offer up that Dylan had more kids, seeing him be worn down over the last three episiodes has been a hell of a ride. I hope Tramell Tillman gets cast in everything after this

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sure okay posted:

What an infuriating episode.

It's 20 minutes of shock recovery, and nothing substantial happens until literally the last 3 minutes.

I mean literally literally, you can actually skip to the end -3 and get the whole episode.

I loving hate it when TV does this.

Why bother watching tv shows, just read the episode summary afterward and you get all the plot points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I do find it extremely bizarre the Petey subplot didn’t get expanded upon at all but the thing with these kinda shows is if you reveal all the secrets too fast there isn’t anywhere else to go. If they really made this season without being sure there was gonna be an S2 then lol, but also probably better to bet on getting another season I’m imagining