Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
they already did a prisoner remake on amc like 12(?) years ago and yeah it sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All the EON-produced Bond films are coming to Prime on April 15th :)

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I'm old, and the only thing I can remember from the original show are the big plastic transparent spheres that chased after people. I hope they kept that in the remake

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

In the new Picard, Dr. Nerd gets taken over by the Borg Queen. The team needs a distraction at a party they're at, so she turns off all the lights and starts belting out "Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benetar.

Sound on for this one

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasingDirectGrasshopper-mobile.mp4

My question is: Did Jurati know this song? Did the Borg Queen know this song? Is the Borg Queen controlling the spotlight? Did the Borg Queen tell the live band what to play?

Also Picard gets hit by a car and they take him to a doctor who resuscitates him. Apparently he's one of them Blade Runner replicant type of androids, not a Data type of android.

Next week, they're going into his mind to get him out of a coma, because they've determined there's nothing physically wrong with him so he must be trapped in a dream!

Wow that's a terrible loving song

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/ErickLorinc/status/1512120171514585093?t=WB5JGXqVAMkXg6TUQxG56g&s=19

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

First of May posted:

As someone who has done a fair amount of community theater, I would definitely murder someone for a job at the Star Wars larp experience.

That's the saddest thing I've read in a long time.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Nah, screw that crab bucket noise. Someone being able to enjoy themselves is not shameful

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

SilvergunSuperman posted:

here's a contender: Jenny has more patreons than RLM

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Durf posted:

there's a massive opportunity for someone to make a fun sci-fi show with simple stories that wrap up every episode, with the major arcs being character development and friendship that grow over the seasons.

but no better bring these 90s actors out of cold storage and hurl them into the most convoluted story imaginable concocted by the writers farm.

Like the mandalorian

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

All the EON-produced Bond films are coming to Prime on April 15th :)

We got them a week early for some reason and I've just smashed dr no and from Russia with love.

Both have great first halves and lame endings.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingo Ligma posted:

We got them a week early for some reason and I've just smashed dr no and from Russia with love.

Both have great first halves and lame endings.

Dr No is such a weird adaptation, I read the book last week and the film sorta just ends 3/4 of the way through the book. You don't get any of the stuff about Dr No being someone who's modified his body, from what I remember. I think Dr No is a pretty boring film tbh.
I really like FRWL, especially the first half hour, but it's really like the dry run before Goldfinger gets it perfect. I LOVE the book of FRWL.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Dr No is such a weird adaptation, I read the book last week and the film sorta just ends 3/4 of the way through the book. You don't get any of the stuff about Dr No being someone who's modified his body, from what I remember. I think Dr No is a pretty boring film tbh.
I really like FRWL, especially the first half hour, but it's really like the dry run before Goldfinger gets it perfect. I LOVE the book of FRWL.

Dr No says he has artificial hands from radiation injuries but that's about it. Looking forward to Goldfinger next!

Both films were way less sexist then I expected, mostly because Sean Connery is also filmed like a bond girl.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Nah, screw that crab bucket noise. Someone being able to enjoy themselves is not shameful

Lol yeah, I'm that crab that wants better for my fellow crab than dreaming of slaving themself to a soulless corp, truly trying to claw them back down.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Don't get me wrong, Product^TM is soulless, the enjoyment itself is what's valuable

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PostNouveau posted:

I'm never gonna stop being fascinated by how lovely the $5,000 Star Wars hotel thing is

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1512000516443676674

“I’m just so childishly delighted by this thing I spent $5,000 being lame and chintzy”

Incredibly relatable content, lol, I can see why she’s so popular

Talking with my poker buddies and one of them asked if we thought the RLM media video had any tangible effect on Bruce Willis or if that’s just a freakishly timed coincidence. What do you guys think? Did Mike & Jay’s video save Bruce Willis from elder abuse? Honestly, I have stronger theories about 9/11 than this one, the world is so weird

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Wow that's a terrible loving song

I dunno Allison Pill's got some pipes. I've had it stuck in my head since last night.

It's just a very strange fit with the show it reminds me of when Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart shoved a Gilbert & Sullivan song into one of the TNG movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

priznat posted:

Yah I know it’s not tinker tailor soldier spy but I loved that and especially Oldman so I am keen to check it out.

Speaking of spy dramas I wonder if there are any showrunners that could do a good job on a remake of The Prisoner. I loved that show and I’m both interested in seeing a remake and freaked out that it would be real bad. It would have to be extremely weird in the sinister ways of the original.

E oh jeez there was one on AMC in 2009 to mixed reviews.

It was real loving bad.

Not that the original was amazing television or anything, but the remake didn't even come close.

Bust Rodd posted:

Talking with my poker buddies and one of them asked if we thought the RLM media video had any tangible effect on Bruce Willis or if that’s just a freakishly timed coincidence. What do you guys think? Did Mike & Jay’s video save Bruce Willis from elder abuse? Honestly, I have stronger theories about 9/11 than this one, the world is so weird

Did it occur to you that perhaps RLM made an episode about this thing because it's something that was already a topic of discussion?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno Allison Pill's got some pipes. I've had it stuck in my head since last night.

It's just a very strange fit with the show it reminds me of when Brent Spiner and Patrick Stewart shoved a Gilbert & Sullivan song into one of the TNG movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

She's singing fine, the song just sucks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

Did it occur to you that perhaps RLM made an episode about this thing because it's something that was already a topic of discussion?

Who was talking about? Where?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
People on the internet, in discussion forums frequented by film/industry nerds, blind item sites and other sources of ill repute?

There's more online than just SA and reddit, and despite how they play it, the boys are generally not the first to come up with many the things they talk about. They do have good timing though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok so you’re just trying to dunk on me for asking a normal question and don’t have anything to support it, gotcha ty

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I mean, yes, and I'm also legitimately asking if it occurred to you that the reason they cover subjects is because it's something they're already seeing discussed online and has piqued their interest.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 8, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mike, Rich, and Jay really do not at all strike me as people who hang out in film subreddits and they absolutely do not strike me as people who seek out hot topic Hollywood drama to weigh in on it. The evidence I have for this is “literally their entire body of work”. In general, they don’t seem that “online”.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's entirely impossible to google now so we'll never know. Didn't they mention the rumors in the first video though?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sure, if you also ignore all the times they reference doing "research" about things, and the less direct references to things they've read about when discussing topics on HITB, re:View, and the talk about series.

PostNouveau posted:

It's entirely impossible to google now so we'll never know. Didn't they mention the rumors in the first video though?

IIRC, they did.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yeah it wasn't really a secret. Plus when Ralph the Movie Maker made his Willis video I remember people in the comments who claimed to have worked on his movies saying similar things.

Not like a big deal though, people can cover the same things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Mike, Rich, and Jay really do not at all strike me as people who hang out in film subreddits and they absolutely do not strike me as people who seek out hot topic Hollywood drama to weigh in on it. The evidence I have for this is “literally their entire body of work”. In general, they don’t seem that “online”.

Jay is extremely online

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Absolutely, yes. I was just pointing out that just because your only exposure to things is RLM doesn't mean RLM came up with them.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mike is a Twitter expert

https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/136294984470114304

https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/133341777569652737

https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/118092972645552128

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There was a PS2 game adaption of From Russia With Love that was, if anything, better than the movie. Sean Connery came back to do the voice work, and they game him a jetpack (which is why it's better than the movie).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i'm spending all afternoon watching Bond making ofs. Just finished the one for Golden Gun. I love love love watching anything with Roger Moore giving interviews.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

Absolutely, yes. I was just pointing out that just because your only exposure to things is RLM doesn't mean RLM came up with them.

yeah but thats not what I said (at all), I was just asking what the thread thought? This wasn't an attack, and you turned it into "Bust Rodd, you idiot, why wouldn't this occur to you?" It was weird and aggressive and not what I was asking. You just arbitrability chose a post to try and frame me as stupid or ignorant for no reason instead of just engaging with the question.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I'm sorry I made you feel that way Bust Rodd. To directly answer your question, no, I do not think Mike and Jay's video saved Bruce Willis from elder abuse. I think they made a timely video about a subject that was already being discussed in more insular media circles and the Willis family decided to make a statement, coincidentally, some time after it went up.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
thanks Infernal Machines. Apology accepted. Another successful online interaction for both of us. :unsmith:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

i dont enjoy people being so bad at posting im forced to side with bust rodd

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

So I'm all "he's a robit" at the tv when they did the admiral down shots. Second time wife tells me to shut it. 30 seconds later she says "THEY JUMPED THE SHARK!"

Anyway, my favorite moment was when not laris told us about the ear lobe thing and then did it again when it happened because I totally forgot all about how she said the thing earlier when the thing happened.

Goddam this is awful. Poedark was better than this.

kalel posted:

I think this thread has about three or four money plane jokes left in it before it becomes gauche. that's my current read

Don't be such a Grouch.

The Third.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 8, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

So I'm all "he's a robit" at the tv when they did the admiral down shots. Second time wife tells me to shut it. 30 seconds later she says "THEY JUMPED THE SHARK!"

Anyway, my favorite moment was when not laris told us about the ear lobe thing and then did it again when it happened because I totally forgot all about how she said the thing earlier when the thing happened.

Goddam this is awful. Poedark was better than this.

God, it was such a trash episode. I think maybe the only enjoyable part was Picard's pick-me-up speech to his great-great-great...great-grandmother.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Makes me sad.
Mike has the Packers and Rich likes baseball but they never discuss any sports movies. I would genuinely enjoy hearing them talk about one.

Rich doing a re:View of Major League is my dream content. Happy Opening Day.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

One aspect of DR NO I like is that Bond is just a government grunt in a number of other government grunts. It's one of the few times that Bond approaches spycraft closer in tone to something like John Le Carre or Len Deighton.

On that note, remember when one of those projects that Tarantino never made was going to be an adaptation of those Len Deighton books? What a wild match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sunk Dunk posted:

do you guys think The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent will be good

It was