Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Started up the Namazu tribe quest and the level of contempt this game has for these guys is incredible.
On the flipside, they're also frequently "hey I already built 99% of this myself, I just need you to make the trim for the banner, yes, yes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Only seven years remain until they're wiped off the face of Hydaelyn...

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
There's a reason why Namazu is still secretly the best beast tribe quest.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the blend of 'you guys are so loving dumb how do you function as a society at all' and 'I already did 90% of this job quite well but then I got distracted thinking about tea. Be a bro and finish it up and bring it back for me, yes yes' is absolutely perfect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No beast tribe storytelling will ever be as efficient as the Namazu NPCs at the hub going "My fins are so tired." "What a coincidence, mine are too, but more."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vargs posted:

I went into this game saying to myself "I know this game has catgirls and I absolutely do not want to be one". After creating and deleting a bunch of characters, I ended up becoming a catgirl. Most other options have running animations that are awkward enough that it bothers me.

I went cat exclusively because they had the best running animation.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I admit I prefer the dwarf beast tribe and their vibe of 'ex-Soviet bloc kids trying to get a garage going', but it's hard to deny the Namazu are great.

They're also neat because they're pretty much the only beast tribe that COULD summon a primal, but have absolutely no interest in doing so.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I started Namazu a few days ago too and i like that the theme seems to be us accidentally preventing them going extinct by planning a party.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do we know if GARO is coming back right away with 6.1?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am slightly uncomfortable at the idea of eating Namazu. Other than that I love their quests.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bruceski posted:

Do we know if GARO is coming back right away with 6.1?

according to the website it is yes

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They haven't said otherwise, like they did with Dragonsong or Arkasodara tribes, so I'd presume so.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vargs posted:

I went into this game saying to myself "I know this game has catgirls and I absolutely do not want to be one". After creating and deleting a bunch of characters, I ended up becoming a catgirl. Most other options have running animations that are awkward enough that it bothers me.

I'm very glad the Miqo'te have the "Athletic girl" stereotype so their running and walking animations are vaguely like a normal person.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 8, 2022

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Both Viera have excellent animation, very equal mix of aloof rear end in a top hat and sex on two legs.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cleretic posted:

I admit I prefer the dwarf beast tribe and their vibe of 'ex-Soviet bloc kids trying to get a garage going', but it's hard to deny the Namazu are great.

They're also neat because they're pretty much the only beast tribe that COULD summon a primal, but have absolutely no interest in doing so.

Ironically, the Garleans don't actually view the Namazu as a beast tribe because the Namazu have never tried to summon a primal. Which actually makes a great deal of sense, since they don't seem to be particularly religious compared to the other races of the world. It's notable that most of the explicitly religious trappings of the Seven Hundred and Seventy Seven's festival are things they've copied from other Othardian cultures because they don't really have much of a culture of their own.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I want this emote where is this emote, please yoship it has been like 8 years

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
What is he expressing there? Dominance?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

CJ posted:

I started Namazu a few days ago too and i like that the theme seems to be us accidentally preventing them going extinct by planning a party.

It is and each little chapter ending I was always :allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So many Phoebes in party finder.

"At my old raid we went left instead of right" read the markers, we place them for a reason!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Namazu are a wonderful microcosm of the game's overall theme of bringing people together and saving the world. Their festival is actually based on the real life Mongolian Naadam. It also leads to some of the funniest (to me) scenes in the game, like rappelling off the Dawn Throne and Paissa MMA

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Note Block posted:

This needs to be the reward to a new level 90 ninja capstone where Karasu enlists you in Operation Get Oboro Laid Already

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

This needs to be the reward to a new level 90 ninja capstone where Karasu enlists you in Operation Get Oboro Laid Already

i'm pretty sure karasu is already On That

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm pretty sure karasu is already On That

"My dear, that was wonderful."
"CA-CAW! You fell for it again!"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
In Eureka what are the abilities in Pyros called in the Japanese version? Are they Mnemes in Japanese too or did the English translators chicken out on calling them Memes?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The fem Au Ra run and sprint are fine, I guess, but the walk animation is dire. I’m not sure what they were probably going for but the way the arms are held so stiff makes me always think my WoL feels like she’s marching to her doom.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Note Block posted:

I want his walk he does the first time you meet him.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Electric Phantasm posted:

I want his walk he does the first time you meet him.

I want this.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

SuperKlaus posted:

Either ineffability or insouciance.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

SuperKlaus posted:

he's expressing his teapotness

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Preliminary patch notes

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Preliminary patch notes (i.e. no job changes yet)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Nice

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, wasn't expecting the rewards for MSQDR to go up after the re-work.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Veotax posted:

It's definitely to incentivize people to still run it, because without it there'd be even less chance of finding party members were you to choose to complete 2.0 with human players.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Another toga

Cute

Finally

I expect I will spend the first few hours just fiddling with the new portrait system.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Veotax posted:

They did reduce the number of poetics from the dungeons themselves. And roulette EXP will probably be nerfed since the dungeons should be shorter.

But man, this patch is filled with QoL. Reworked ARR dungeons, Khloe generalizing raid duties, you can res people who fall off Titan, wipes don't reset instantly (letting you see a bit more of what went wrong), more EXP at Castrum/Dalriada, and the loving checkmarks for registered items.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Quoting my own tweet here because I can't get imgur upload to work on mobile and this is a decent workaround:

https://twitter.com/Zutaten_/status/1512360262006816772?t=m87YfK-hhPi2BPWQtC9Mjg&s=19

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Zutaten posted:

Quoting my own tweet here because I can't get imgur upload to work on mobile and this is a decent workaround:

https://twitter.com/Zutaten_/status/1512360262006816772?t=m87YfK-hhPi2BPWQtC9Mjg&s=19

The 8 character limit per Datacenter is still there, so all it does is let you have your alts on the same server. And if you need the 40 alts from standard you have bigger problems than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Veotax posted:

The rewards for the duties themselves went down, so it's -50 poetics for Castrum and neutral for Praetorium.