Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Heavy_D posted:

Gonna need a update to the thread title again. "S13 - Best use of a cement mixer" and "S13 - The noise that blue makes" are the only good quotes I have from the new series. Or I suppose we could mine the archives...

Did Kongen Befaler convince them to include a cement mixer I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Heavy_D posted:

Gonna need a update to the thread title again. "S13 - Best use of a cement mixer" and "S13 - The noise that blue makes" are the only good quotes I have from the new series. Or I suppose we could mine the archives...

I'll take "Premieres April XX" so I don't miss the premiere, and we can change it to something after the first few episodes.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
OK, so some more title options with the date in them. And some music to go with them, because it's a cracking soundtrack

Taskmaster S13 starts 14th April - Make good choices
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFEd84RJ30

Taskmaster S13 Starts 14th April - That's a fake grape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdkMzxDpCK0

Taskmaster S13 Starts 14th April - It is orange
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUPLFNz7SA0

Taskmaster S13 Starts 14th April - Basically a mocha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBX4pvb-3dY

Taskmaster S13 Starts 14th April - Why are you still drawing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10NkVKbMyD0

Oh, and if you believe the say-so of a single random voice on twitter, then TM NZ S3 is confirmed

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 7, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Fantastic news!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Heavy_D posted:

Taskmaster: "How fresh is it?"

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Taskmaster: “Do we strike you?”

Taskmaster: “Sometimes you gotta crush dreams.”

Taskmaster: “A LIIIIIIIIME!!!!”

Heavy_D posted:

Oh, and if you believe the say-so of a single random voice on twitter, then TM NZ S3 is confirmed

Yessss. Do we have any ideas who the cast is going to be?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Heavy_D posted:

I choose to believe. Yay yay

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I think I'm sold on "Taskmaster S13 starts 14th April - Sometimes you gotta crush dreams" - if you've seen it you'll instantly recognise it, and it hints at what the show's like if you haven't. Don't know if we ever get the TV IV mods in here though or not...

Not seen any hints of who might be on TMNZ S3, sorry. But I know that the Swedish series will be as pleased as anyone to hear there's another one coming. Their sixth series draws heavily on UK S11 and NZ S1 tasks. So far we've seen dramatically smash a vase etc., wear a costume beneath your outfit, reassemble the keyboard/message of love, frisbee golf with extra clothes per throw. Plus we've had three of their live tasks (which they need a big supply of, because they have an extra live task in the middle of the show): chop a spaghetti log, pack a 23kg suitcase and fizzy drink roulette. They also used the secret sabotage task but gave it to both members of each team!.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

cptn_dr posted:

On the one hand, I definitely agree with you, but on the other, any world where they bring back Mike Wozniak is the world I want to live in.

wozniak can only play again if he cuts a proper fart on camera :colbert:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Heavy_D posted:

To be fair, Robbie is one of the dozen or so comedians we do have, so he's probably pretty trustworthy. I assume at least one competitor is his flatmate.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

cptn_dr posted:

To be fair, Robbie is one of the dozen or so comedians we do have, so he's probably pretty trustworthy. I assume at least one competitor is his flatmate.
Good good!. Of the speculation I've heard about contestants, that's the only piece that has a sound reason behind it. Who is that flatmate?

Also, new season means new interviews - and this time they've thought to use them as promotion prior to the premier
Dougal's doing a task? You let Dougal do a task?
This interview task first appeared as a regular task from Bäst I Test - another little bit of cross-series pollination.

Final shout out to Kongen Befaler, which this week had one of those really elegant original tasks, the kind you can't believe went undiscovered so long:
Do something with your feet you usually do with your hands. Most elegant footwork wins.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Suurmestari in Finland is also getting its season 3, if anyone here cares. Based on the initial advertising one of the regulars is going to be Riku Rantala, a co-host of the Madventures https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madventures_(Finnish_TV_program) which got picked by the Travel Channel so some of you might actually even know him.

They seem to have kept the somewhat varied format of "4 regulars + 1 quest competitor each episode" from the earlier seasons.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Der Kyhe posted:

Suurmestari in Finland is also getting its season 3, if anyone here cares. Based on the initial advertising one of the regulars is going to be Riku Rantala, a co-host of the Madventures https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madventures_(Finnish_TV_program) which got picked by the Travel Channel so some of you might actually even know him.

They seem to have kept the somewhat varied format of "4 regulars + 1 quest competitor each episode" from the earlier seasons.

This is good to know. I've not seen much of the show, but Pilvi has been great in what I have watched.

Thanks to muscles like this! for the shiny new thread title as well.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
the day is upon us

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

It's like having 42 Calippos dropped on my desk...

In international news, the next version to join the franchise will be Taskmaster Quebec in the autumn. Gonna be averaging two episodes a week in 2022 at this pace.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Judi Love is The Bullshit Queen Supreme, whatta woman.

Seems like this cast hit the ground running, strong first episode. Great to see them all sitting close together and with a live audience too, it really makes such a difference to the energy in the room.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This entire cast is fantastic. Judy is bullshitter supreme and Ardal is insanely funny.

edit: That live task.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 14, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

judy has real guz khan trying to justify himself energy, i love it

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

You could tell by the way Greg was stalling for time that this wasn't a bit they'd prepared - a genuine extra embellishment by the TM himself.

The duel task is based off one from the Swedish version - although there the task explicitly said most even duel wins. Was impressed with Alex's ability to inhabit his character whilst rhyming.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Yeah I think he was asking the gallery to spool it back.

Great, great first episode.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If the rest of the series carries on like that, it's going to be one of the stronger series. Love all the banter and poo poo talking in the studio.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Is this the first episode where Alex's banter got cut for time? Kinda expecting an out-take to show up about that. Also feel stupid for not getting red herring faster. I was a fan of Bridget going in but she's lived up to my expectations, getting annoyed with Alex in a very funny way, and slipping "there’s no other lips I can use" in/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Heavy_D posted:

Also feel stupid for not getting red herring faster.

WHAT

I totally missed that.

Great first ep.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A fantastic start to the series, it really makes a difference to have the audience back.

E: \/\/\/ Completely forgot that, but great continuity!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 15, 2022

nerox
May 20, 2001
I loved seeing Phil Wangs mystery box show up as a prop.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
What a solid first episode. The cast got along brilliantly. Definitely was some weird edits at the beginning. I'm guessing getting used to a live audience again made them run pretty long. The tasks were solid as well. Some redditors that attended a few screenings of later episodes live said the energy holds really well at the shows they attended so I'm pretty hyped for this series.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Anyone remember a task from a previous season that the stray duck could have been from? Although I suppose it might have been an unaired bit

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Piell posted:

Anyone remember a task from a previous season that the stray duck could have been from? Although I suppose it might have been an unaired bit

ed says in the podcast that he did that task in champion of champions and they never aired it, reworked it, then forgot at least one of the ducks they hid in that room lol

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Did anyone else see a lipstick amogus, or do I need to spend less time online?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Was a great opener.
I've had to unfollow the tsskmaster twitter as they have ramped up their spoiler filled live posting. Like posting details of each task just after they air and posting the episode results right away. Its pretty obnoxious since they must know that most people don't watch live.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
sophie duker rules

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

exmarx posted:

sophie duker rules

Yeah, the rap battle was perfect.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Wow, loved this cast on premiere. Had doubts about Judi Love from how she's been on my other pet series (uninterested-seeming at drag queens) but now I see her. Hell yeah. HELL YEAH! I'm excited for this season, I like watching them all thrash about in confusion.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

exmarx posted:

sophie duker rules

Brave choice of task uniform. She was nearly falling out when riding little Alex Horne

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Mr Beens posted:

Brave choice of task uniform. She was nearly falling out when riding little Alex Horne

In this interview she claims that she didn't have many options, since you need to have two copies of your outfit, and most of her clothes are irreplicable thrift store purchases.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Greg saying he used to think Ardal was playing a character in Father Ted nearly killed me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Speaking of outfits, I couldn’t focus on literally anything else during the studio shots. There could have been a pink godzilla running around the background and I wouldn’t have noticed.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i was enjoying the episode but something came up and i walked off. good lord cracked up when i walked back into the room because somebody was on some kind of messed up horse flopping some tube like a lance to attack alex i dont even know lmao rewinding now but ahahaha almost happier not knowing the task

haha the turtle duel seems like something that'd be it's own task or just a weird schoolyard game

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 16, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The first couple of episodes of TM Portugal have been pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Seeing all these other countries being successful at their own Taskmaster series makes me extra ashamed of the US attempt.

Really enjoyed this 1st episode. It felt like Alex was excited for the rap duel given how The Horne Section often goes. I'm not sure how much he improvises on that, but it seems a type of thing he enjoys doing. It's fun seeing him enjoy participation since typically whatever he ends up being made to do is quite awkward.