Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Always good to see America crawl out of the 1980s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I said come in! posted:

Next year WA State will require that employers post pay ranges on job postings. :toot: our governor signed it today. I dont know if it will get struck down in the courts or not, but its a really good law.

Don't worry, companies will just rent a server room in Delaware and call that their headquarters and the technical location of your job.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

One by one the fingers on Ronnie Reagan's corpse will be snapped off :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

They're also rolling back LGBTQ+ rights so if anything they're going back to the 60s

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wish everyone would go back to the 1920s and legalise it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I wish the napalm effects had more oomph to them.

Anyway one selection doesn't need to aim and has Riptire Ult so we've perfected the genre I guess.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Dark Souls:

Sen's Fortress is making me wish I was dead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait THIS is these Soulsborne games you've been telling me about? :stare:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

soulsbornes are just AAA roguelites

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

Wait THIS is these Soulsborne games you've been telling me about? :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEM2jvNliZM

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Kinda of an odd ending to my adventures in mental healthcare. Not gonna go into details, but whilst at first it was very helpful and made a difference, after a few months it began to feel like I was wasting everyone’s time.

I’m interrupting it due to my psychiatrist who was unhappy with my progress. She gave me two choices on how to proceed, which felt like a threat to push me towards a treatment I was hesitant about because the other option was loving scary. Which freaked me out. Thankfully my therapist said I could just leave instead (something the psychiatrist explicitly said no to). I don’t ever want to be in a position where someone has that kind of power over me, so I’m just happy I could leave it at that, but for a few days there I was terrified.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 8, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Dark Souls:

Sen's Fortress is making me wish I was dead

Sen's owns

Best part of that diagram is I know exactly what's going to gently caress me up in every area even abstracted like that.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It looks way more complicated in that picture than it actually feels to play

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
There was a game for PS2 iirc that was an arena battler in a post apocalyptic landscape, where you created a deck of cards comprising your psychic attacks and defenses. The environments were completely destructible.

For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the game, and can't find it with Google Fu. Does anyone remember it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Phantom Dust? It was an Xbox game, though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rinkles posted:

Kinda of an odd ending to my adventures in mental healthcare. Not gonna go into details, but whilst at first it was very helpful and made a difference, after a few months it began to feel like I was wasting everyone’s time.

I’m interrupting it due to my psychiatrist who was unhappy with my progress. She gave me two choices on how to proceed, which felt like a threat to push me towards a treatment I was hesitant about because the other option was loving scary. Which freaked me out. Thankfully my therapist said I could just leave instead (something the psychiatrist explicitly said no to). I don’t ever want to be in a position where someone has that kind of power over me, so I’m just happy I could leave it at that, but for a few days there I was terrified.

I hope you end up finding a path that works for you. It's hard out there to find what you really need to flourish.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Phantom Dust also (probably still) is available on the Windows store for free. Worked fine and is an interesting curiosity

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sen's Fortress is one of the best parts of Dark Souls, but you also kinda have to approach it as black comedy. It's a big joke level full of silly traps that own you in ways that are pretty goofy to watch.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
mental healthcare triage at least in the US totally sucks/barely exists

hope you almost already know what's "wrong" with you and have the cash sitting around to gently caress around for half a year!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm completely broke

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hi completely broke, my name's Healbot.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

haveblue posted:

Phantom Dust? It was an Xbox game, though

That's it! Thank you!

Anyway, bring back Phantom Dust.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Dragonshirt posted:

That's it! Thank you!

Good news! They where rebooting Phantom Dust in 2013!

Bad news, they put it on hold in 2015.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragonshirt posted:

That's it! Thank you!

Its backwards compatible on xbox one!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Huh turns you can still get COVID

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Big if true

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can confirm

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Oof :(

I've had some similar troubles where a psychiatrist decides to try and put me into a no-win situation and the only way I was able to get out of it was to press back against the psychiatrist until they were like "ok we can do something else" because the other option was always there but she just didn't want to do that for... reasons????

The situation with mine was that the psychiatrist saw my therapist in the hallway and mentioned to her that I might do well in a partial hospitalization program over therapy and that maybe discharging me would be a good idea, my therapist didn't respond, and then my psychiatrist took the lack of response as affirmation and tried to start the process of discharging me. I had also had to cancel or miss some appointments as well so the psychiatrist figured I wasn't serious about treatment and also said that she doesn't think she can treat what I have because with all the meds I'm on I'm still suffering from stuff, it's just not as bad.

The whole thing was a poo poo show because the psychiatrist put words in the therapist's mouth and had told me that my therapist wanted me discharged to try other programs elsewhere.

Basically what I'm getting at is that psychiatrists can be shits sometimes and I want you to know that it is not your fault for feeling uncomfortable with what your psychiatrist was trying to do and that it is completely fine that you didn't want to accept either of the choices offered because you ultimately have control of your own body and mind and you get to choose whatever care method is actually helpful and comfortable for you.

What were the options they tried to make you pick? Were they trying to get you to try out the magnet head zapping stuff?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

No it wasn't anywhere that bad, but sorry I'd rather not talk about the details. Thank you for sharing your experience. Even if they mean will, it's scary to think the power these people potentially have over your life.

Frankly, I'm in a good mood today, because just a few days ago I thought I might be losing control of my freedom.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I'm completely broke

And yet we love you. :glomp:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thank you :)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Baller Time posted:

It looks way more complicated in that picture than it actually feels to play

yeah, when you're there is fairly straightforward, there's basically only the one way to go to proceed, not a ton of sidepaths that spiral off into their own mini-areas or anything. the main ways you'll get lost are when you really gently caress up and fall into the muck below but there are enough shinies down there youll wanna check it out at least ocne anyway. And then never again because jesus christ theres a lot of shitpush monster down there.

it's a lot like a classic DnD dungeon but your DM is friggin obsessed with traps and wanted to punish y'all for neglecting the relevant trapfinding skills.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's likely never going away. Crazy to think about how all of this might have started because one single person somewhere in the world couldn't resist kissing a bat.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

It's likely never going away. Crazy to think about how all of this might have started because one single person somewhere in the world couldn't resist kissing a bat.

At least the bat goes down on you in return :gerty:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DistantValhalla/status/1512443987063455750?s=20&t=0GcoiBQk-mXz2EYx4MZCLQ

Time for Veeg to renew his vows

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Ozzy has blood on his hands

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Alice Cooper has a lot more blood on his hands

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The Crucible Knights in Elden Ring are weird, they’d function perfectly well as a Black Knight analogue since they stagger their moves to punish mashing roll and hit hard enough to make guarding unreliable, but then they hit half health and essentially become harder/meaner than like half the bosses in Dark Souls 1? At least the game has some awareness about it since I’ve seen them as a boss twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You'll see them as a boss twice at the same time eventually lol