Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Even at indie shows he's been wearing Blackpool Combat Club merch so I think he's incredibly excited about where he's at right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NotDrDeath/status/1512321424085725184

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

Even at indie shows he's been wearing Blackpool Combat Club merch so I think he's incredibly excited about where he's at right now.

If I had a choice between between being in a stable with one of the best technical wrestlers in history and an almost* universally beloved figure in wrestling that will be helping to build up some of the future stars of the business while also being able to do shows for other companies with people I've always wanted to wrestle or going back and being in a place where I would end up doing incredibly unfunny stuff and forced to wrestle and talk in a way that I didn't want to, I know which one I'd pick.

*before MRT corrects me

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Pylons posted:

I read an interview Regal did recently where he said that calling it the Blackpool Combat Club was 100% Mox's idea. So clearly Mox is getting ready to "chuck it in the bin", as the British say, and go back to the big leagues with his good pal Cody Rhodes

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I also recall that when Mox checked himself into rehab the big story that the WWE stans were pushing was that AEW was so terrible that it had driven him to alcoholism. Their logic will never fail to amaze me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

If I had a choice between between being in a stable with one of the best technical wrestlers in history and an almost* universally beloved figure in wrestling that will be helping to build up some of the future stars of the business while also being able to do shows for other companies with people I've always wanted to wrestle or going back and being in a place where I would end up doing incredibly unfunny stuff and forced to wrestle and talk in a way that I didn't want to, I know which one I'd pick.

*before MRT corrects me

The only thing I am going to correct you on is that I think tonight's match with Yuta will lead to some of the funniest bad faith posts from the WWE faithful. (I do not know who wins other than the match is good.) You did not actually say anything about this so it's not really a correction.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

At this point it's clear there's nothing in the whole world Tony could do that wouldn't draw bad faith posting.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The only thing I am going to correct you on is that I think tonight's match with Yuta will lead to some of the funniest bad faith posts from the WWE faithful. (I do not know who wins other than the match is good.) You did not actually say anything about this so it's not really a correction.

Dagnabbit.

It will be interesting to see though how they do react. Probably stuff like "lol why are they putting this unknown kid with these three established names in the business" which proves that they absolutely are missing the point of the group (or just not watching full stop).

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Am I an idiot if I think Moxley will end up back in WWE eventually? I don’t think it’ll be any time soon but once he hits his 40s I could see him cashing in.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given how Mox left and how he didn't look at the money when he peft I think the odd of him going back are super small

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Am I an idiot if I think Moxley will end up back in WWE eventually? I don’t think it’ll be any time soon but once he hits his 40s I could see him cashing in.

If Vince retires/dies and the company wildly changes direction with regards to how it micromanages everything about their roster’s presentation down to literally the words that come out of their mouths then maybe, at a million to one long shot.

Otherwise though yeah you are an idiot it can’t be overstated how much he clearly hated being there if you read his book.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

There's a strong contingent of AEW-Haters who believe it's actually a burial for a main eventer to be in the ring with a lower card guy, even if it's a match where they're obviously winning and it's one of the most smooth-brained wrestling takes I've ever heard of. Like literally people were saying Bryan Danielson's AEW career was ruined forever because he was wrestling matches against the likes of Bobby Fish and John Silver.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

There's a strong contingent of AEW-Haters who believe it's actually a burial for a main eventer to be in the ring with a lower card guy, even if it's a match where they're obviously winning and it's one of the most smooth-brained wrestling takes I've ever heard of. Like literally people were saying Bryan Danielson's AEW career was ruined forever because he was wrestling matches against the likes of Bobby Fish and John Silver.

Now combine this with their belief that Mox wants to go back to WWE and you have tomorrow's tweets.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

People said this same poo poo about Cody, do people think that BBT is paying AEW's workers in AEW funbux or something? :confused:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mox also talked about, at the end of his WWE run, that the money didn't matter because "what am I gonna do, buy another truck?"

He doesn't seem like a guy who's going to live beyond his means or spend his money on dumb bullshit. The Shield run and merch sales from that alone probably set him up pretty drat well even before signing with AEW.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Drakkel posted:

john cena's best era was giving time to guys further down the card and giving them exposure----new WWE signee Cody Rhodes did the exact same thing and it helped Starks/Eddie/WARHORSE get more eyes on them while also making guys like SHAWN SPEARS (lol), MJF, Sammy, and Malakai look like a million dollars. it's such a simple booking thing to grasp

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

john cena's best era was giving time to guys further down the card and giving them exposure----new WWE signee Cody Rhodes did the exact same thing and it helped Starks/Eddie/WARHORSE get more eyes on them while also making guys like SHAWN SPEARS (lol), MJF, Sammy, and Malakai look like a million dollars. it's such a simple booking thing to grasp

Nah man real wrestling is when there's only like 2 or 3 people on the card that matter at all and everyone else is a dumb idiot loser who sucks, that's how it'd meant to BE!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only way Mox goes back to WWE is on a Goldberg-style part-timer contract where he gets to dip in a couple of times a year then go home to enjoy floor cake with his wife for 6 months

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

The AEWsexuals and WrestleCringe can act like this is no big deal but if they don't think being around one of the biggest WWE shareholders can make a different they live in denial.

Mike Kurtz edit aside, I'd like to take a moment to praise mox for showing up to the wedding in a leather jacket, fanny pack, and bengals shirt

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

dromal phrenia posted:

Mike Kurtz edit aside, I'd like to take a moment to praise mox for showing up to the wedding in a leather jacket, fanny pack, and bengals shirt

He has to protect his gimmick.

Look at happy Corbin doing the same

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Do Professional Wrestlers have some sort of genetic predisposition to buying fanny packs or is it pounded into you in wrestling school?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fanny packs are excellent for travelling so it makes sense they love them, because you can get in and out of them real easy and carry more stuff than a pocket. I always put my passport and poo poo in one when I’m flying somewhere and touristing around, since it’s also not out of sight if you’re out somewhere sketchy where a pocket or a backpack might get picked without you knowing.

Watching wrestling taught me that.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 8, 2022

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/ToniElire93/status/1512358282224029698?t=YKjJN5jn8zl8cKVUPcLh5A&s=19

If you click through to the Japanese person's profile they have a real funny list of favourite promotions too

His pinned tweet is STARDOM in a nutshell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This has to stop, this is dangerous!!!

https://twitter.com/dlambert08/status/1512502141776236548

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Is that Dan Lamberts sweatier brother?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/CharlesKnaub76/status/1512515124225007620

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

been a while since i've gotten to say it but

sometimes Les is Moore

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fanny packs are excellent for travelling so it makes sense they love them, because you can get in and out of them real easy and carry more stuff than a pocket. I always put my passport and poo poo in one when I’m flying somewhere and touristing around, since it’s also not out of sight if you’re out somewhere sketchy where a pocket or a backpack might get picked without you knowing.

Watching wrestling taught me that.

I heard, once, that some of the wrestlers were so yoked that they couldn't reach their back pocket to get out a wallet, so the fanny pack was a necessity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
All of the stars of bad posting are out tonight.

https://twitter.com/MattMahQuein/status/1512532626829156352

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

You're burying the lead here which is Tony knows about the Invoice

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
for clarification, tony ran the analytics through a third party and not the one he owns

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1512532842663669760

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rarity posted:

You're burying the lead here which is Tony knows about the Invoice

I think we need an updated invoice to reflect the analytics analysis

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Mild idiocy, but I found this guy complaining that he doesn't speak Japanese to a Japanese AEW fan asking Tony Khan if the AEW PPVs will get Japanese commentary on NJPW World as if it will somehow replace the English commentary amusing

Most of his tweets are either thirsting on women wrestlers or tweets about Sonic the Hedgehog.

Ah, the two genders.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
it's pretty funny that the people most upset about TK's bot study are the people who are highly likely to have a bunch of bots

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Where's the updated invoice

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
woops rong thred

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/_DashCashSlash_/status/1512565575591018500?t=G5iBqKMTcdCjD-bpeFoeKA&s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

not gonna lie i think the tweet being replied to fits this thread even more

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Guys I'm telling you with absolute certainty, Toni Storm is going to be the next big surprise debut in AEW. Trust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
In reply to "Are social media bots responsible for anti-AEW sentiment online?"

So, yes.