Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Pesky Splinter posted:

This JPG is getting almost as crispy as Thatcher did.

Thatcher still dead, new monkey island, I'm celebrating the small victories today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Thatcher and Saville, YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM ACCOUNT TO READ THIS CONTENT in hell.

Catr Seat Headrest tax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvsQPCbgJOA

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Funny seeing Sunak doing the hero-to-zero cycle in the media, when he's been the exact same person throughout. It's Theresa May all over again lol.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Funny seeing Sunak doing the hero-to-zero cycle in the media, when he's been the exact same person throughout. It's Theresa May all over again lol.

Objective reality is irrelevant, only what the papers say matters.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

OwlFancier posted:

Not until the 1800s.

This post made by mary bateman gang.

E: holy poo poo the best wikipedia page:

Judge Death: I will need to take this up on appeal.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Happy anniversary UKMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlj48Rvp1c

Gruffalo Soldier
Feb 23, 2013

https://youtu.be/jhBCiEEMkrc

https://youtu.be/apj5zPTGzNI

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Our utility bill is really low so I was quite surprised today to get a letter from the council telling me they're gonna send us the gubmit's £150 rebate. Turns out we just happen to be in the right council tax band. But that's like a third of our energy bill :stare:

Yes, its forced on you and then claimed back over a few years. You can't seem to opt out of it. Its more a weird complicated loan than a rebate.
Never mind I am confusing the £200 payment with the other £150 one they are also doing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The £150 is a council tax rebate on lower banded properties, which isn't the most regressive thing considering the regressive nature of council tax.

The £200 pseudo-loan paid back over the next four years is a massive gently caress that Sunak thinks is genius despite people keep telling him that it'll cause more trouble than it's worth.

https://twitter.com/gracepetrie/status/1512048918938460167

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

It would be pretty funny if BBC were to get the "United Kingdom state-affiliated media" tag, though they probably don't deserve it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

:parrot:

i'm going to buy myself a fancy coffee

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCAnnLRcgY

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pistol_Pete posted:

Crabs in a bucket.
If one of them gets too popular over the leader, the press get told what to do to bring them back down again.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Necrothatcher posted:

:parrot:

i'm going to buy myself a fancy coffee

:toot:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Crabs in a bucket.
If one of them gets too popular over the leader, the press get told what to do to bring them back down again.

Someone pointed out that literally every time a minister gets monstered, it'll shortly be followed up by 'Westminster insiders have pegged Michael Gove as a potential replacement', so it may be less a crab bucket and more a single particularly aggressively grabby sea creature.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Miftan posted:

I appreciate the effort but you know these people are just screaming because they wanna bitch and feel persecuted. It's not grounded in reality like most right wing and right wing related bullshit. poo poo, I'm sure noted right wing bullshitter Ben Shapiro has a catchphrase that might be apt here..

I'm not sure how "the female orgasm is a myth, ask my wife" is apt in this situation, but I'll take your word for it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Every time the female orgasm is mentioned by right wingers, it'll shortly be followed up by 'Westminster insiders have pegged Michael Gove'

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Guavanaut posted:

Every time the female orgasm is mentioned by right wingers, it'll shortly be followed up by 'Westminster insiders have pegged Michael Gove'

ah ffs I only just woke up why are you putting this into the world

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

don't want any westminsters inside micheal gove tyvm

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

not emptyquoting, honest

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Current state of the Labour Party:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

therattle posted:

In South Africa Pesach is avocado season. Avo mashed on matzoh is really good.

My new column: how I bought a house in Cape Town just by giving up avocado matzoh (and a 3 million rand loan from my parents).

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Darth Walrus posted:

Someone pointed out that literally every time a minister gets monstered, it'll shortly be followed up by 'Westminster insiders have pegged Michael Gove as a potential replacement', so it may be less a crab bucket and more a single particularly aggressively grabby sea creature.

This seems particularly Boris-shaped rather than Gove.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i reckon i'm so exhausted by the state of british politics and society that if i were to try to articulate it all, it'd end up like the bit in Phoenix Nights where the metalwork teacher does his alternative comedy thing

just confusing and disturbing to onlookers, really

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/chipshopchop/status/1512330250335756289

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

if any westminster insiders peg michael gove i swear i'll do time

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

crispix posted:

i reckon i'm so exhausted by the state of british politics and society that if i were to try to articulate it all, it'd end up like the bit in Phoenix Nights where the metalwork teacher does his alternative comedy thing

just confusing and disturbing to onlookers, really

I don't know the bit but yeah, same. Seeing Sunak playing the victim over being a m(b?)illionaire tax dodger family after tightening the screws on the peasants put me over the edge today

Edit: I'm in band C so I should get a rebate right? Is that a cheque or just comes off the bills?

Deketh fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 8, 2022

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Deketh posted:

I don't know the bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg63SLWD0XQ

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
Yep that about covers it

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Deketh posted:

I don't know the bit but yeah, same. Seeing Sunak playing the victim over being a m(b?)illionaire tax dodger family after tightening the screws on the peasants put me over the edge today

Edit: I'm in band C so I should get a rebate right? Is that a cheque or just comes off the bills?

Depends on your council, most are apparently going to be returning it direct to the account you pay it with if it's by direct debit. You should have got a little leaflet with your council tax bill for the year last month - if not check your council's website for details.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Unkempt posted:

new monkey island, I'm celebrating the small victories today.

For reals.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Deketh posted:

If it's like mine, you'll get your bill and the part that lists your discount will be just under where they list all the different reasons it's increased. There was one new addition to my council tax bill that pretty much wiped out the rebate by itself. If your bill this year is actually any cheaper than last year's, be impressed. At least my car/home insurance has decreased this year without me needing to phone up and act like I'm going to switch.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Depends on your council, most are apparently going to be returning it direct to the account you pay it with if it's by direct debit. You should have got a little leaflet with your council tax bill for the year last month - if not check your council's website for details.

No leaflet but yeah just checked the website, looks like they'll bank transfer it. Cheers

Marmaduke! posted:

If it's like mine, you'll get your bill and the part that lists your discount will be just under where they list all the different reasons it's increased. There was one new addition to my council tax bill that pretty much wiped out the rebate by itself. If your bill this year is actually any cheaper than last year's, be impressed. At least my car/home insurance has decreased this year without me needing to phone up and act like I'm going to switch.

Yeah not expecting it to really make any positive difference

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Spending millions to keep the status quo barely rolling instead of investing in making anything better is peak liberalism.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wururugh now is nut the time for making thungs bettuh

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Apparently in Wales if you were paying by direct debit in February it'll go to your bank account by end of April otherwise they will contact you. But I only just set mine up as dd so I suppose I shall have to be contacted.
It's not mentioned on my council tax bill at all. But then Wales hadn't 100% decided what to do until after England.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Dead Goon posted:

For reals.

Yes coming out later this year, Ron Gilbert back on the team, direct continuation from MI2 as far as rumours go.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1512404636594020356?t=X-p2erNnmaEadxqH09BEtA&s=19

Foxy Kimono pointing out something I've been thinking for years ever since I engaged with the system. Filling out your own tax teturn enables an astronomical amount of freebies that are not available to your average PAYE employee.

I don't earn nearly enough (and I doubt most people do) to qualify for the poo poo you get if you pay an accountant to sort out the deductibles, but even the basics from accidentally filling out the gov.uk full self assessment return looked absolutely crazy.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

keep punching joe posted:

Yes coming out later this year, Ron Gilbert back on the team, direct continuation from MI2 as far as rumours go.

But Monkey Island 2 ends with LeChuck and Guybrush as children who were playing inside a fairground ride.

Unless that was just a *spooky voodoo spell* :yohoho:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Isn't there already 4 MI games tho? The chronology/canon is unclear to me