Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

HackensackBackpack posted:

:hmmyes:

Meanwhile, I'm meeting Mavis at the malt shop later.

I've been dying for another medium-length skirt beyond the koshita, so thank god for this set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

poo poo I just noticed the punch fist emote picture is on a volcano

/azem

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Can I get like a short night club dress or a hot punk outfit or something, my catgirl is not a modest churchgoer :colbert:

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
I wonder if they'll rework any of the ARR dungeon drops like they did with that one Shadowbringers patch, that gave us some pretty nice glams.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Unless I'm mistaken, apparently hairstyles for Hrothgar can only be changed via Fantasia since they don't mention using the crystal bell. If I'm right, that's a big step back compared to Viera. I sincerely do hope I'm wrong though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pyro Jack posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, apparently hairstyles for Hrothgar can only be changed via Fantasia since they don't mention using the crystal bell. If I'm right, that's a big step back compared to Viera. I sincerely do hope I'm wrong though.

AFAIK that's been the case with Hrothgar since the beginning.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hrothgar hair is part of their skull or something, rather than a separate hair slot like all the pre-Shadowbringers races.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm so disapointed the women's version has the jacket closed. I wanted to be cool and casual with my jacket open too! :negative:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
There's a giant list of gear that's getting the genderlock removed this patch, so I'd be surprised if either set is locked at release.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Aren't those just the same outfit shown on a man and a woman?

Hopefully I'm wrong!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Could be, I guess, but most of the glam gear with drastic differences are two different sets currently.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

There's a giant list of gear that's getting the genderlock removed this patch, so I'd be surprised if either set is locked at release.

Rathalos panties for everyone!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are they going to be renaming the Rathalos armor pieces too or are they keeping the [M] and [F]?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Axle_Stukov posted:

The display of target indicators for certain battle mechanics has been adjusted for the following duties:

Brayflox's Longstop (Hard)
The Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard)
Syrcus Tower
The World of Darkness

Farewell to watching that guy with the purple mark on 5 Headed dragon running off to die alone.
Hello to watching that guy with the stack marker on 5 Headed dragon running off to die alone.

Cloud of Darkness chaser beam target will still run into the party.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm like 99% sure they are genderlocked because they showed two pictures of them wearing the same outfit lol

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are they going to be renaming the Rathalos armor pieces too or are they keeping the [M] and [F]?

Armor looks different in Monster Hunter based on the gender that wears it so it's probably still fitting to have that there to let you know which look it'll be, even if both in-game genders can wear either. If they were gonna rename it they could do the "alpha and beta" distinctions but those were distinct looks rather than gender-based ones, so I dunno.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

4 whole dungeons in the Expert roulette? YoshiP you’re spoiling us

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally got WAR to 90! :yotj: Now I can joy high-end content that needs a tank no matter which tank is already there.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

in the live letter they said there's just two versions of that outfit, and didnt say they were genderlocked

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alxprit posted:

Armor looks different in Monster Hunter based on the gender that wears it so it's probably still fitting to have that there to let you know which look it'll be, even if both in-game genders can wear either. If they were gonna rename it they could do the "alpha and beta" distinctions but those were distinct looks rather than gender-based ones, so I dunno.

I'm glad Monster Hunter is finally letting us choose between the male and female armor in...*checks notes*...Final Fantasy XIV!?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

aers posted:

in the live letter they said there's just two versions of that outfit, and didnt say they were genderlocked

This is what I'm broadly expecting going forwards, since they've been making sincere commitments towards removing genderlocks from a lot of stuff. I think at this point it's mostly just a matter of resource management: there's less initial demand for certain things like dresses from people playing male characters, so they get the genderlocked armor out and then spend resources further down the line when they have them available to propagate them.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm glad Monster Hunter is finally letting us choose between the male and female armor in...*checks notes*...Final Fantasy XIV!?

For what it's worth in Rise I made a distinctly female-looking character but still assigned them male because I ain't a fan of the exposed skin that tends to show up on F armors.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alxprit posted:

For what it's worth in Rise I made a distinctly female-looking character but still assigned them male because I ain't a fan of the exposed skin that tends to show up on F armors.

Kinda the opposite with me, I just want to look cute when bashing monsters and it's kinda hard with the male armors.

Not jealous of the thigh windows.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

It's [M] for Munner and [F] for Flademaster. Classic Monster Hunter stuff.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kinda the opposite with me, I just want to look cute when bashing monsters and it's kinda hard with the male armors.

Not jealous of the thigh windows.

Yeah, same.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Macaluso posted:

Can I get like a short night club dress or a hot punk outfit or something, my catgirl is not a modest churchgoer :colbert:

YoshiP gave a quick peak at this set coming to the Mogstation soon:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

lightrook posted:

It's [M] for Munner and [F] for Flademaster. Classic Monster Hunter stuff.

Fencer and Munitions.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Got a roulette of all Big Bois today

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Anyone got the video handy of fighting titan that periodically cuts to a dead dragoon on the ground along with the muffled theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ssnaiquvns

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thanks, friend.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why did they make it easier to make bot characters. they really think they solved housing huh

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/KateacIysm/status/1512506639173173250?s=20&t=aLgoj9KoUkg_8-RBL8LS5A

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

How did they make it easier to make bot characters? You can just bot on your main anyway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hellioning posted:

How did they make it easier to make bot characters? You can just bot on your main anyway.

I think he means people using multiple characters on the same account to score housing since they can have 8 per world now on the cheapest account.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well you have to be level 50 and 2nd LT in a grand company, plus I think another requirement or two? To make a bid so they’d have to put some decent work in.

Not saying that makes it better but at least it reduces it by preventing low effort people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean it's not like you can be logged in on multiple characters at once

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean it's not like you can be logged in on multiple characters at once

you don't need to stay logged on once you buy your lotto ticket

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TG Cid: still got it

Like I didn't get to move before me and everyone else went down again.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

You're also only allowed one house and one FC plot per world per service account. Having extra alts on the same world could give you extra lottery entries, I suppose, but you'd need all of those alts at level 50, 2nd-Lt. with enough gil. FCs need to be Rank 6, with at least four members and, as of Tuesday, the character buying the FC plot must have been in the FC for at least 30 days. You're also only allowed to do either a private lottery entry OR an FC entry on each character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
... Just had the most bizarre experience in Castrum Meridianum. Playing as DRK, other tank is a PLD, everything is going nice and smooth right until we get to the red colossus boss. At which point, the following happened:

quote:

Me: [Other tank], could you stun the boss at 80%, please?
Other tank: Did you just tell me how to do my job?
*Other tank immediately quits the duty*

Like, seriously, you're nearly done with the dungeon, and you're going to get so tilted over a polite request that you're going to rage quit over it? :psyduck:

Pretty much everyone was stupefied by this, and we spent the rest of the instance informing the replacement tank what happened and talking about how baffling the whole thing was.