Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The extra teapot coins are really good. Each 5000 coins you get equals 400,000 mora or 40 purple books. It's like 140 extra resin per week.

Btw they added more spincrystal discs to the traveling merchant, in addition to the ones in the overworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

alternate timeline where mhy charges money for 4* costumes and i'm not even mad about it

https://twitter.com/rnknmrm/status/1511763642408390656?t=p1QfD19O-x5kYfnu3BMAvA&s=19

Kale
May 14, 2010

It seemed like I was getting way more coins then usual so that makes sense then. I'm sure people would prefer primo gems but that's such a tightly regulated in game currency I don't even know why people even bother to ask all the time on like their official twitter account and what not. Just never going to happen until the maintenance is actually done then I expect 100-300 to be delivered to players as is the standard. Yae Miko roll back which I never even experienced the difference of was 100 free primo gems yesterday I know that.

In the meantime yeah much easier purple books and essence is pretty good stuff too. It's nice to finally have that perk unlocked now along with the transient resin to get a weekly top up on those materials, especially since the amount needed TNL on basically everything goes up exponentially from the 3rd and especially 4th upgrade tier and what at first seemed like a comically huge surplus of incoming levelling materials suddenly isn't so much at all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the violet garden event letting you skip story chapters to start it is such a relief

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i want yelan and kaeya to meet because i think they would either be at each other's throats within minutes or be best friends and there's no in-between

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Do I miss anything by choosing the Quick Start on this event if I don't feel like clicking through 20 minutes of people talking to Ayato about their wedding "to get the best experience" first?

e: well lol I guess it's a moot point because just starting the Ayato quest enough to see that I hate it, has locked him into it, and even though I could select Quick Start, I'm locked out of the event until I listen to people talk about political intrigue and wedding horseshit for another half hour. What a piece of poo poo design.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 8, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

the violet garden event letting you skip story chapters to start it is such a relief

I thought you had to do Ayato's first or at least that's what I'm getting. Inazuma City certainly doesn't look festive for me yet today since I haven't done that one or Yae's.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the game says you should but it let me skip that just fine. I haven't done a story quest in a looooong time

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

From googling around apparently as long as you don't unlock the story quests you're fine, but if you've done that, or god forbid, started any of them, there's a chance you'll be at a hard-block step until you finish them.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Event is 10/10 so far, Klee makes everything adorable.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

From googling around apparently as long as you don't unlock the story quests you're fine, but if you've done that, or god forbid, started any of them, there's a chance you'll be at a hard-block step until you finish them.

Welp I kind of did that just now since I thought it was an absolute prereq so guess it's time to find out about onii-sama and his political skullduggery.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

definitely a pet peeve of mine that unlocked story quests just sit out in the world like cutscene landmines (as opposed to hangouts). i know the key system barely exists as a barrier to content/progress but i just prefer to spend keys asap to avoid being backed up when there are larger drops of content to unlock.

got roped into the beginning of the Kokomi one a few weeks ago when i was just trying to farm specters...

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I love getting 30 seconds into a quest for this event and being told I have to complete another step in a different story quest to free up the location. Multiple times in a row. I can't imagine how I can articulate my feelings about this in a survey without getting my account banned.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've only ever progressed Hu Tao's story quest accidentally or because some event in Liyue was being blocked. At this point, I might as well see how many events it takes to force me to complete it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah, the Itto story quest blocks the Ayato one around 3/4 through lol. though much like Eula locking down your teapot, it just requires a couple of NPC convos to get past.

don't really know what to make of that Ayato quest tbh, it's very restrained and i don't recall if you ever actually got a trial Ayato for anything significant in it. definitely feels like a case where they didn't have particularly good material for an otherwise okay character so he just gets screwed in favor of the shiny new area and upcoming new region. hopefully this festival event works a bit to turn that around.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

dogsicle posted:

don't really know what to make of that Ayato quest tbh, it's very restrained and i don't recall if you ever actually got a trial Ayato for anything significant in it.

You get to test him out by beating up a bunch of guards which sucks compared to the others who got slightly longer domains.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
I got to use his skill and burst once each, and his burst didn't get to do much of anything. Almost everyone was already beaten at that point. It's weird that give some characters full story domains to show how they perform in a more realistic scenario than the trial runs, but others get a single fight against some basic-tier enemies.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
His burst just releases political analysis

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Welp. It finally happened after a year-ish of playing: I'm out of hilichurl masks, and have a bunch of characters that need them.
Anyone got a good route for mindless farming?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finally got around to doing this new Chasm stuff. It was really cool (still have a decent amount more to do, but finished the main story of it) and way more content than I expected; the underground area is huge. I was expecting an underground area roughly the size of the overground one, but instead got this massive sprawling cavern. It doesn't feel that long since we got Enkanomiya, which was another big zone.

What are thoughts on the new artifact sets? One looks like it might make sense for Hu Tao. Is the other potentially good for Yoimiya? Seems like it would be good for characters who do normal attacks fast.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toraen posted:

I got to use his skill and burst once each, and his burst didn't get to do much of anything. Almost everyone was already beaten at that point. It's weird that give some characters full story domains to show how they perform in a more realistic scenario than the trial runs, but others get a single fight against some basic-tier enemies.
This happened to Kazuha, Ayaka, Ayato, Yoimiya, Albedo (I think?) and Kokomi (Ganyu didn't get a domain but her quest involved more explicit combat sections). It's a bit weird because the Kazuha + the Kamisatos all have some of the best gameplay.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 8, 2022

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I would really like playing Ayaka but I can’t get with her dash

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

What are thoughts on the new artifact sets? One looks like it might make sense for Hu Tao. Is the other potentially good for Yoimiya? Seems like it would be good for characters who do normal attacks fast.

the HP loss set is for exactly Xiao.

Yoimiya and Ayato are both good with the normal attack one, although the improvements aren't so big I'd recommend going and farming new artifacts if you have someone already kitted out.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The trick I found when getting into her groove is, stop thinking of it like a dash and start thinking of it like a toggle between ice ghost mode and regular. So you're never tapping it for a directional dash, you're just holding it for a very short amount of time.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

There's a sort of rhythm to it. Like Chernobyl Peace Prize mentions, in combat you'll just be holding it down for a split second to apply/infuse cryo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Echoes is very minorly better yeah. It performs better vs hod/glad the more dmg bonuses you have.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey I pulled Ayato. I think this is like the 3rd 50/50 in a row I've won. I'm scared.

Guess I have some farming to do. At least I have a R1 Black Sword for him because woof he's in the same boat as Xiao in having barely any decent non-5* weapon options.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
c6 Thoma actually works alright with Ayato + Ayaka aside from the obvious issue that Ayato and Ayaka don't work well with each other. But hey, that normal attack bonus helps both of them with 100% uptime. Anything less than c6 you might as well leave Thoma in the trash (where he belongs.)

I haven't seen any write-ups on using Ayato but I'll say what I'm reasonably sure of:
  • Leveling Ayato's normal attack does nothing during his elemental skill, might as well leave normal attack at level 1
  • Normal attack bonuses DO increase his elemental skill hydro attacks (I tested with both c6 Thoma & black sword, I'm assuming 4-piece depths works as well)
  • Looks awesome with the kageuchi sword but Ayato shouldn't use it (12s CD and typically you use his burst BEFORE the skill so really not much point)
  • Even less reason to use the samurai sword considering his burst recharges up to 50% on it's own
  • Doesn't work well with Ayaka. Xingqiu's burst combos perfectly with Ayaka's 3N1C while Ayato is limiting in terms of his burst AOE and application
  • Ayato's rapid attacks pair well with joint attackers like Raiden or c6 Fischl. Admittedly Barbara can do rapid hydro attacks but Ayato does big dmg and hits in an AOE
  • Benefits greatly from anemo characters who can suction enemies into groups but so does literally everyone

Has anyone figured out a freeze team with Ayato that isn't garbage? With Kaeya maybe?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i honestly have no complaints with using the siblings together :shrug: basically just slotting him in the Ayaka Morgana lineup

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Rosaria is probably still the best general ice creator.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
But Rosaria's burst AOE is so small, what's the point even? Works if you can suction enemies into it but that stopped being reliable since Inazuma. The number of suction-immune enemies has continued to grow.

Crit rate buffs on a freeze team is pretty silly, I wonder what they were thinking when they made Rosaria. She works with Eula at c6 I guess?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rosaria is really good. She has perfect E cooldown with a multi-hit which makes her the ideal favonious lance abuser. Her burst even overrides normal ICD rules to apply cryo on every tick which is why melt rosaria is a thing. Crit share is always good even on freeze teams and the only reason it's not better is because you dont build much crit rate on her to start with due to strayer + her own passive.

She really doesnt have a lot of weaknesses as a support outside of her Q radius not following you like pyronado. If her AOE is smaller than ganyu's that's more a question of ganyu's AOE being absolutely colossal. I used Rosaria with Ayaka for eight months straight and she'd be ideal except shenhe is designed to be even more ideal for a freeze team.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 8, 2022

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I'm dreading farming these mushroom notspectres in the Chasm for whatever character needs their spores. At least they die to the succ.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The Kamisato Wonder Siblings have the great privilege of being able to hit enemies in Venti's burst. Must run in the family.

Why do people keep saying they don't work well together though?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Wait, so hilichurls are undead slowly going hollow? Did we know that before? Do they respawn when we kill them? Are we going to end up linking the flames?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We knew since launch

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Tae posted:

We knew since launch

Wait we did?
I'm pretty sure this is the first anything like this has been confirmed, and I only remember "they used to be humans" being hinted since launch.

Kale
May 14, 2010

dogsicle posted:

ah, the Itto story quest blocks the Ayato one around 3/4 through lol. though much like Eula locking down your teapot, it just requires a couple of NPC convos to get past.

don't really know what to make of that Ayato quest tbh, it's very restrained and i don't recall if you ever actually got a trial Ayato for anything significant in it. definitely feels like a case where they didn't have particularly good material for an otherwise okay character so he just gets screwed in favor of the shiny new area and upcoming new region. hopefully this festival event works a bit to turn that around.

I started but didn't finish that one last night actually. A lot of people seem to dislike it but I'm kind of digging the Chekhov's Gun of characters from way back at the start of the Inazuma Arc finally considering following through on their little tryst. It doesn't really feel like his quest specifically though, but it gives the setting a bit more of an alive feeling with even random side characters going about their lives and having little story arcs to them. Kind of reminds me of the Kiseki series a little that way.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The Kamisato Wonder Siblings have the great privilege of being able to hit enemies in Venti's burst. Must run in the family.

I've been jokingly calling them Chad and Stacy Kamisato for a while now since they're basically perfect all around ideal people (Top class S Tier playable characters, rich, politically powerful, popular, attractive, voiced by super popular VA's...did I miss anything?) that short of Raiden Shogun everybody in Inazuma seems to specifically wish they were instead. Also no I'm not an incel, but if someone wants to give me a better set of names that is easily identified on the internet with concepts of ideal perfect people then I'll gladly go with that. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 9, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain France posted:

Wait we did?
I'm pretty sure this is the first anything like this has been confirmed, and I only remember "they used to be humans" being hinted since launch.

I don't even remember that, so I was definitely surprised by the reveal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's not as if the team is completely non-functional, but Ayaka doesn't really have any absolute downtime. For Ayato to be better than other hydros, his personal damage output has to outperform Ayaka+Kokomi buffs, Ayaka+Mona buffs, or Ayaka+Xingqiu off-field damage. I don't know his numbers, but I doubt he can pull it off. You also don't have any healing anymore.