Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

30.5 Days posted:

I'm sad to say that I do not believe the small business owner, who complains his business can't open and make money, that he and his mother have nothing to eat or drink.

I’m sure he’s exaggerating as small business owners do but I’m pretty sure he’s complaining that his parents who are under lockdown in a different city can’t get food deliveries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Guy with employees: "Where is Communism?"

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Fly Molo posted:

what’s the music for this clip? throat-singing... country?? it whips rear end

it sounds like nine treasures I think

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the difference is that qingdao and shenzhen started their lockdowns at the dozens of cases rather than the hundreds or thousands. shanghai wanted to put that off as long as possible and now they're paying for it. officials are already getting sacked

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

I want to make it clear that I'm against nuking Britain, as the explosions will put Britain into the atmosphere which will poison other countries

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
do not pursue Lu BA.2

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't even have posting pals. :(

id be your posting pal if not for that time you insulted me that i barely remember which you should definitely apologize for

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation

*butterfly meme* is this genocide?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1512486084961259521

:same:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

R. Guyovich posted:

officials are already getting sacked

This is the difference between China and America, lol.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

what about his hairy legs

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

This is the difference between China and America, lol.

thats not true trump loved firing people thats why he was an authoritarian monster

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Wait, you mean government officials are actually held accountable for their incompetence?

Thank God that doesn't happen here!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
People just don’t have a sense of scale with China. All those cities combined is what? 55 million people? So less than 5% of the population. Over a billion people living without COVID and without lockdowns in China right now.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
But does something really happen in China if there isn't an expat there to see it?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

isn’t this the same guy who said China as a concept is only 200 years old?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

the difference is that qingdao and shenzhen started their lockdowns at the dozens of cases rather than the hundreds or thousands. shanghai wanted to put that off as long as possible and now they're paying for it. officials are already getting sacked

who has been sacked?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

izagoof posted:

it sounds like nine treasures I think

neat, tyvm

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

indigi posted:

I’m sure he’s exaggerating as small business owners do but I’m pretty sure he’s complaining that his parents who are under lockdown in a different city can’t get food deliveries

Different districts of Shanghai, but effectively a different city with the lockdowns yeah. I guess I'm surprised he can't help them place orders online, but I guess if we're taking him at face value he's fully broke.

Obviously it really depends on your community, but we had a guy who was broke and out of food and we all just paid for his group buys of rice and other staples. Maybe this guy has a more lovely community - I've heard some nightmare stories about communities being lovely to each other.

If his parents and grandmother are elderly / retired, though, I'm a little confused. My understanding is that elderly are being provided with meals and even given at-the-door testing so they don't have to make the short walks to the testing sites.

Hard to say, though. It seems like the biggest fuckup in this lockdown is really that there's no consistent support and policy and you can see wildly different provision of food packages from the government or community support depending on your district and compound / community.

I saw an old lady melting down at the social workers today (but my Shanghainese is zero so no idea what she was on about), so I'm sure there are real meltdowns but like any country the people screaming the loudest at social workers / healthcare workers are usually both not 100% honest and also pretty lovely.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/chinadaily/status/1512822652293255169?s=21&t=se3A6Sj8BjtVqGsXC4RNaQ

China Daily cartoons are getting better and better.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Orange Devil posted:

People just don’t have a sense of scale with China. All those cities combined is what? 55 million people? So less than 5% of the population. Over a billion people living without COVID and without lockdowns in China right now.

but someone beat a dog live on twitter, that’s why I am emailing my congressperson to increase defense spending to fortify taiwan and build the dynamic blue ocean fleet the us navy needs to confront the challenges of the 21st century

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lol at the little smile that creeps up on Kamala's face as Biden struggles to get the mystery word out

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Seems like Imran Khan is out for real now?
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/9/pakistan-political-crisis-live-news-imran-khan-no-confidence-motion-parliament-liveblog

quote:

36 mins ago (19:35 GMT)

PM Khan ousted from office
Khan has been removed from the Prime Minister’s office after the no-confidence motion against him succeeds in parliament by a vote of 174-0.

This is the first time the no-confidence motion against a prime minister of Pakistan has been successful.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/tackettdc/status/1512888519248818178?s=20&t=crb-_bGuajX35PVvLo8MdQ

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is he allowed to run in the next election, or is he out-out

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

What did he do to piss off all of parliament and all of the supreme court? I know he said it was a western plot against him but unanimous agreement in the other branches seems like a big lift even for the cia

edit: actually "unanimous" is wrong, the vote was 174 to 0 but the full parliament is larger

Flavahbeast has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Apr 9, 2022

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1512885358656114694?t=RS36_yNSAmzzu2EGh5cXiw&s=19

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavahbeast posted:

What did he do to piss off all of parliament and all of the supreme court? I know he said it was a western plot against him but unanimous agreement in the other branches seems like a big lift even for the cia

he said the US was bad, op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

chak de phatte

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That's how the parliamentary system is supposed to work.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Look, guy is not shot to dead, nor crash in an American military plane, nor sentensed to 10 years for corruption, I think he did pretty good.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 22:58 on Apr 9, 2022

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Neurolimal posted:

Is he allowed to run in the next election, or is he out-out

Why wouldn't he be?

Fly Molo posted:

he said the US was bad, op

Thats like the default in Pakistani politics. Hindu Yahood Hanood is a meme for a reason.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Blerim_Vela/status/1512836566401564679
https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1512783225252372482

Throatwarbler has issued a correction as of 23:21 on Apr 9, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol if this is true

https://twitter.com/zamzmaa88/status/1512917442040848385?t=lNRKkyVa3xw8kGNue9w0vA&s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
More like Imran... Can't

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shah Rukh Khan is next.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lmao outstanding success by the cia and state department

gradenko_2000