Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/leo_puglisi6/status/1512303757299576841?s=21&t=xdu7FygdiRP6HitHZS2gZg

suck eggs binch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Election's going to be called Sunday.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Good

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
AEC investigating popular union TikTok accounts skirting transparency rules ahead of federal election

quote:

@GenUnited has accumulated more than 500,000 likes and 15,000 followers since the beginning of the year.

Despite the account trying to influence voters, the authorisation statement on its bio only read "uwu".

The AEC told the ABC the account was required to provide the full title of the union and it would "investigate the issue".

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

WHERE'S AN EGG?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i use to work with a girl that voted for clive palmer last time he won a senate seat and i laughed and she felt embarassed so I've done my part for humanity

also he has been out in fairfax with sign spinners or whatever they're called, got a beep from someone, i just massively avoided eye contact. I do wonder if they were volunteers or paid

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Konomex posted:

Spent 5 billion dollars on not getting submarines, anything under 5 billion is now a freebie for the opposition. Aged care? We'll spent less than 5 billion on it and actually get something for your money. Childcare? We'll spend half of 5 billion and still get more service than Morrison got from France, which was nothing.

Yeah it should be, idk why anyone would think 2.5b to fix anything is unattainable. We’ve been shown far worse financial use in recent years.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Comstar posted:

Election's going to be called Sunday.

press conference from inside a hillsong church, this will not be commented on by the media

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hambeet posted:

WHERE'S AN EGG?

wow nice callback

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
UAP are getting mainstream on rates and ore levy is going to equal senators

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

birdstrike posted:

wow nice callback

i learned from the best

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Promising the dumbest poo poo that looks good at a cursory glance is how Clive nailed down Fairfax so I genuinely don't doubt they'll pick up at least a senate seat here despite polling showing a potential greens senate pickup
the greens are very likely to gain a senate seat in qld, the only reason they don't have two qld seats is because of the double dissolution in 2016. if the left does badly enough in qld that the right gets 4 seats in qld again, it'll probably be labor losing out like last time because their vote hasn't recovered, rather than the greens having their vote collapse.

one nation are also directly competing with palmer (& the lib dems) for a senate seat. the realistic upper bound on the lunatic antivax far-right vote is ~14%, or about a single senate quota, so one of them is very likely to win a seat, but it's probably going to be hanson who has a stronger personal following in qld and is polling better, etc.

not impossible that they manage to split the votes perfectly & both palmer and hanson win seats but it's hard to see the scenario where the far-right parties eat into both greens + liberal votes in qld senate & labor's position stays as bad as last time. also not impossible that preference flows between all the far-right parties end up lower than would be ideal for them & things split badly enough for all of them to miss out.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Call the election you four eyed gently caress

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Makes sense! I am just highly pessimistic so I'm generally in a doomer mindset in the hopes of being proven wrong so thank you for an interesting analysis

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
God I wish Pauline Hanson would gently caress off. Just incredible that her anti asian race baiting in the 90s didn't sink her when the country wasn't entirely destroyed.

What a piece of poo poo.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hooman posted:

God I wish Pauline Hanson would gently caress off. Just incredible that her anti asian race baiting in the 90s didn't sink her when the country wasn't entirely destroyed.

What a piece of poo poo.

thanks channel 7

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SuddenCactus posted:

thanks channel 7

Stay Tuned for a shocking MAFS tonight you won't believe!

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Lol the reason Karen Andrews isn't an option at the bookies is because we're talking about the Federal Liberal Party, who would have a No Girls Allowed rule if it wasn't illegal.

Edit: but you better hope she doesn't get it because we're gonna be talking Thatcher levels of overcompensation.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

lih posted:

probably comes down to paul fletcher (from the moderates) vs. angus taylor (from the right) which lol. so probably taylor, since i would expect the right to have the numbers? would have said alan tudge over taylor except that tudge has the abuse scandal hanging over him.

If Labor wins then we're getting a federal icac and taylor is gone from the grassland poo poo amongst other stuff.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/R_Maralia/status/1512604526963937280

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Why does this picture give me massive Mr Gribbels from Round the Twist vibes?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/barriecassidy/status/1512585825208262662

unironic yes to this. relatedly i remember greg jenett announcing his initial retirement from abc capitol hill years ago to go work for tony abbott though i cant find anything about that online now so maybe its a false memory

lih
May 15, 2013

went digging and the highest profile one i can find is pru goward, who was an abc journalist in the 80s and 90s before being a nsw state mp from 2007 to 2019. historically there's more who've become liberal candidates but mostly too long ago, more recently it seems like there's more who've become labor candidates which isn't a huge surprise honestly.

crazy thing i did find is that chris uhlmann ran on an anti-abortion independent's ticket in the 1998 act election though, around the same time he started at the abc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ah yes current ABC employee Kerry O’Brien

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 9, 2022

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

lih posted:

went digging and the highest profile one i can find is pru goward, who was an abc journalist in the 80s and 90s before being a nsw state mp from 2007 to 2019. historically there's more who've become liberal candidates but mostly too long ago, more recently it seems like there's more who've become labor candidates which isn't a huge surprise honestly.

crazy thing i did find is that chris uhlmann ran on an anti-abortion independent's ticket in the 1998 act election though, around the same time he started at the abc

I wish I was more shocked, but well, that's pretty much on form for him.

lih
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/maxwalden_/status/1512407916132724743

lol what the hell is this, seems like a baffling & overwrought way to accomplish the supposed security goal

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
“unwanted transfer of critical technology” what the gently caress does that even mean

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

:siren: Election to be called tomorrow morning :siren:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

:siren: Election to be called tomorrow morning :siren:

oh boy

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SuddenCactus posted:

“unwanted transfer of critical technology” what the gently caress does that even mean

the heathen chinee will steal our white mans secrets

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SuddenCactus posted:

It means they think Chinese students are coming over to do a masters in agriculture, and then transferring to science and engineering research projects being funded by or directed at defence so they can send all the data to the MSS

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

they can have the double stacker under a MAD arrangement as far as i'm concerned

rip you

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
drat foreigners coming over here, stealing our knowledge

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
and so begins a month long period of grim and despair as the murdoch media tried to limp a dead horse LNP over the line before swapping to labor three days out from the election so old rupert backs a winner.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lmao thats holly valance

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1512433356893528070

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

As the owner of So Fresh: The Hits of Spring 2002 this is very dissapointing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lih posted:

lol what the hell is this, seems like a baffling & overwrought way to accomplish the supposed security goal

Not sure the office of home affairs actually knows what PHD research typically entails.

If you don't want an overseas visa holder doing a PHD to have access to Lucas Heights just say that. Like the hell. We do have some nuclear physics research stuff, but it's known, just put that on a list.

Also lol Iran already has a poo poo ton of people who know how to make nuclear weapons.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

lmao thats holly valance

Why did they take a photo with a picture of Trump and Kim Jong Un dead center. Also I like that that's just a photo he has up along with other shots of his family.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 9, 2022

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Vote 1 Doctor Robotnik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
looks like he ties people to train tracks