Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

So I didn't just buy these but they did finally get delivered

Gonna blast em.

Also I've been puttin a bunch of stuff on my bike

National Cycle Deflector windscreen cause I didn't have one, and the wind doin 90 gets pretty bad

Avon air cushion grips to try to cut down on chatter rattling my hands

Rox 2" Handlebar riser/pivot, cause my handlebar location is slightly too far away from my liking

Viking Lamellar hard saddlebags, didn't really like the look of the stock ones and they are just reinforced leather and I've been wantin lockable hard bags

And some hot rodding

Performance Machines Max HP air cleaner

And a Dynojet Pro Vision 3 tuner

Bike already hauls rear end and I'm not expecting huge gains from just a different intake, but wanted to get the intake and tuner before changing anything else. Pipes and larger throttle body are next on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Love those 2 Girl Talk albums. Great pick up.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

OniPanda posted:

Gonna blast em.

National Cycle Deflector windscreen cause I didn't have one, and the wind doin 90 gets pretty bad

Rox 2" Handlebar riser/pivot, cause my handlebar location is slightly too far away from my liking

Viking Lamellar hard saddlebags, didn't really like the look of the stock ones and they are just reinforced leather and I've been wantin lockable hard bags

And some hot rodding

Bike already hauls rear end and I'm not expecting huge gains from just a different intake, but wanted to get the intake and tuner before changing anything else. Pipes and larger throttle body are next on the list.

How does changing out that air filter work exactly? Got to stay with that particular brand/manufacturer?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Warbird posted:

How does changing out that air filter work exactly? Got to stay with that particular brand/manufacturer?

It's not changing just the filter. It's a different design in both the filter element and housing.

This is aftermarket so it replaces the stock air box in the middle with the 111, and the filter element is reusable, just wash it and you're good. The actual inlet is at the bottom, and it's not large. As well, the path into the throttle body isn't great. If you're doing any upgrades, you gotta get more air in otherwise you're not gonna see a lot of power increase, you need to get more air in to burn more fuel. Which, that's also why this needs a tuner, more air comin in means it'll run too lean without reflashing the ECU, which is bad both on its face and also because you'll gain no benefit from the new intake.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Does that bike somehow not have a mass airflow sensor? Otherwise how does it not lean out the engine from stopped to any thing else since the airflow changes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’m in need of a new bag for work, since my old messenger bag is killing my shoulder I figured I’d go full backpack. I go from classroom to classroom so I wanted something big enough to be a mobile office without being cumbersome, and during the summer it can just be my EDC bag for whatever I do. I couldn’t decide which one was best so I ordered them all so I can just return the ones I don’t want. Hopefully one of them will fit both my aesthetic and practical needs.
Jansport Superbreak

Dakine Mission

Burton Treble Yell

Element Mohave

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've been looking for some new shoes, and those (and some others I see on Gola's website) are right up my alley.

You may not know, but any idea if these run slightly small or slightly large? I typically wear a 10.5 but they only have whole sizes, so wondering if a 10 would be too tight or 11 too large?

I'll probably get an 11 if I do go with Gola, cause a little loose is better than too tight, but just thought I'd ask.

I had a pair of Harriers I bought from the WTC mall in Canton (sometimes sizing is different for different markets IDK) and they were quite narrow. So I sized up this time. I haven't received them yet but I can get back to you once I do (should be this Friday).

E: then again I do have a wide foot because I'm fat so :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Apr 6, 2022

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m in need of a new bag for work, since my old messenger bag is killing my shoulder I figured I’d go full backpack. I go from classroom to classroom so I wanted something big enough to be a mobile office without being cumbersome, and during the summer it can just be my EDC bag for whatever I do. I couldn’t decide which one was best so I ordered them all so I can just return the ones I don’t want. Hopefully one of them will fit both my aesthetic and practical needs.
Jansport Superbreak

Dakine Mission

Burton Treble Yell

Element Mohave

I’ve also thought about getting a backpack once we return to the office for the same messenger bag issues you mentioned, but I can’t find anything that’s nondescript and functional without going into the $150+ range of camera bags and what not.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

If y'all are looking for that style of backpack (i.e. not tacticool, not too expensive), check out ebags.com stuff too. I got one as work swag a while back and, while I never used it too heavily because of the colors and logo that my company chose, I was pretty impressed with the number of compartments and their layout and overall build quality. I think mine is one of the CityLink line. Seems very solid for a ~$100 bag.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Lawen posted:

If y'all are looking for that style of backpack (i.e. not tacticool, not too expensive), check out ebags.com stuff too. I got one as work swag a while back and, while I never used it too heavily because of the colors and logo that my company chose, I was pretty impressed with the number of compartments and their layout and overall build quality. I think mine is one of the CityLink line. Seems very solid for a ~$100 bag.

I was honestly tempted to go with a tacticool molle bag just because they're so cheap and readily available, and the black ones are pretty low key, but ultimately it felt a bit too Mall Ninja. If the ones I ordered don't work out I'll definitely check out the CityLink bags.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
To add to the pile, I love my Herschel Pop Quiz. It has a fuzzy sleeve that’s perfect for my laptop and iPad. It also fits the general fashion aesthetic of those other bags.

Edit: dang it autocorrect.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Apr 6, 2022

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

I went through some tacticool bags and the only one I liked for long-term use is too small for my laptop, but just right for diapers. My Osprey Arcane, though, holds laptop and lunch and jacket and sundry no problem, too bad it looks like they might have discontinued the line.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I spent ages looking for the perfect backpack for my needs and settled on a Fjällräven Travel Pack – bit spenny but great quality, super practical and nondescript enough to work in any context.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Snowmankilla posted:

Love those 2 Girl Talk albums. Great pick up.

Was there ever an explanation as to why he stopped making new ones? I know he produces and does singles and stuff, but it seems like one day MashUps just died, and that was a very sad day.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Franco Caution posted:

Was there ever an explanation as to why he stopped making new ones? I know he produces and does singles and stuff, but it seems like one day MashUps just died, and that was a very sad day.

No idea. I assumed it was a rights issue?

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I thought similar, but Id think if so, he wouldnt be able to have them up on streaming like Spotify.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I bought a Keychron K10 and an Elecom Huge trackball because my new job has a lot of CAD work and I'm sick of not having a num pad.
The desk is still poo poo, but that will have to wait until I move into the house I'm in the process of buying.

Edit: I also bought some ceramic ball bearings to replace the garbage stock bearings in the trackball.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

OniPanda posted:

Gonna blast em.

And some hot rodding

Corbin saddles with the backrest are cool and good. Got one for 2002 Yamaha Warrior would recommend.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Does that bike somehow not have a mass airflow sensor? Otherwise how does it not lean out the engine from stopped to any thing else since the airflow changes.

Eh you're right, there's still the MAF, but the ECU still isn't setup to handle the new airflow and doesn't have the proper timing and mixture. This isn't unique to just this bike and intake, it's the same for cars too. It's just that cars are more forgiving because the change is smaller. If you replace the stock air box in a car with a cold air, or ram, or forced induction, you need to flash the ECU too because the stock ECU map just isn't set up for it the difference.

Coredump posted:

Corbin saddles with the backrest are cool and good. Got one for 2002 Yamaha Warrior would recommend.

I replaced the stock seat with an ultimate seat with backrest, largely cause the oem backrest was more expensive than a whole new seat. Went with them cause a buddy had one so I could easily sit on it and feel. Do not regret my choice, though the backrest post was a bad design and broke pretty quick. I just forged a new piece though and it works great, extremely happy and comfortable. Actually went for a ride a couple weekends ago, 1.5 hour out, chilled for an hour, 2 hours back. Wasn't until the last 30-45 minutes that my rear end started feelin it.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

OniPanda posted:

Eh you're right, there's still the MAF, but the ECU still isn't setup to handle the new airflow and doesn't have the proper timing and mixture.

Motorcycles generally run MAP-based tuning strategies like alpha-n or speed density, not MAF. It's simpler and much easier to package, especially with multiple throttle bodies.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

TotalLossBrain posted:

I bought a Keychron K10 and an Elecom Huge trackball because my new job has a lot of CAD work and I'm sick of not having a num pad.
The desk is still poo poo, but that will have to wait until I move into the house I'm in the process of buying.

Edit: I also bought some ceramic ball bearings to replace the garbage stock bearings in the trackball.

Now this is peripheral action :heysexy:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
am I the only one who noticed the cat?

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
That pic is a contender for there is no cat in this photo's twitter

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've been looking for some new shoes, and those (and some others I see on Gola's website) are right up my alley.

You may not know, but any idea if these run slightly small or slightly large? I typically wear a 10.5 but they only have whole sizes, so wondering if a 10 would be too tight or 11 too large?

I'll probably get an 11 if I do go with Gola, cause a little loose is better than too tight, but just thought I'd ask.

I'd say go with 11. They're rather nice by the way. Too bad Winter came back so I don't want to be wearing them outside.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

learnincurve posted:

am I the only one who noticed the cat?

Hah I didn't notice when I took the picture. Ellie loves that window sill.
Yesterday she fell off it, rolled into my cable modem and knocked it + the entire home network offline. Thanks Ellie

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Had a half-day at work, so on the way home stopped off at a couple pawn shops and came home with this

90's Made in Korea Ibanez PF-10BK acoustic with a hard case. Plays good, neck is straight, top is straight, bridge is still securely glued down, and the string height is about as good as it gets. Capo and a spare set of strings in the case, too. $45. Guy at the counter made the comment that the case is worth more than that, and he's right. Other than being dirty and the slight smoke smell in the case there is nothing wrong with it. Hell, the strings on it even seem pretty fresh.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It’s pretty! Ibanez makes a fine guitar.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

That's a fuckin steal, Jesus

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I got a plane ticket for a weekend in Cleveland, Ohio. Guess all of those stupid billboards all over Texas telling us to go visit are working as intended.

I'm pretty excited because I've never been to that region of the country, earlier this year, I got to check out the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life which was loving insane and magical! Ohio is probably just as cool, maybe right?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

KingSlime posted:

earlier this year, I got to check out the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life which was loving insane and magical! Ohio is probably just as cool, maybe right?

Lmao. Just lmao

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

KingSlime posted:

I got a plane ticket for a weekend in Cleveland, Ohio.

You can down to the train yards and watch them export all the jobs and crippling depression.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I got a plane ticket for a weekend in Cleveland, Ohio. Guess all of those stupid billboards all over Texas telling us to go visit are working as intended.

I'm pretty excited because I've never been to that region of the country, earlier this year, I got to check out the Pacific Northwest for the first time in my life which was loving insane and magical! Ohio is probably just as cool, maybe right?

gently caress yeah. Eat at Melt Bar & Grilled. Thank me later.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

KingSlime posted:

You're from Texas? You should get Skyline and see what they did to chili.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I went to buy a car. They were out of cars but I bought 2 benches. Artek 153A & B. They even came with a "proof of authenticity" leaflet for whatever reason.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thank god you didn't get those counterfeit benches!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
NFT benches

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

I mean, designer furniture is a common target for bootleg versions sold at a fraction of the price. If I was coughing up for, say, an Eames chair, I’d like to know it was definitely the real thing.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I mean, designer furniture is a common target for bootleg versions sold at a fraction of the price. If I was coughing up for, say, an Eames chair, I’d like to know it was definitely the real thing.

i wonder what ever happened to that goon that used to flip Eames lounge chairs

i think he was a photographer and had a shop full of them

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Many pages ago you were all posting those pocket operators and now I bought this thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

Blue On Blue posted:

i wonder what ever happened to that goon that used to flip Eames lounge chairs

i think he was a photographer and had a shop full of them

Oh yeah, haven’t seen him around these parts for a while… was it w00t fatigue (username, not the reason they’re gone)?