Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

alvarez's anti-dog stance makes me think he wouldnt last too long here

playtime is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Earlier this week I listened to an old Coast to Coast where Art Bell read a hate fax about how stupid his guest was and asked for their response and that's the only thing that topped this.

Do you happen to have a date on this? I love putting on random Coast to Coast episodes, and this sounds excellent.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DangerDummy! posted:

Do you happen to have a date on this? I love putting on random Coast to Coast episodes, and this sounds excellent.

8-14-97, one of my favorite episodes of all time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

+1 for three changes instead of two

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

shouldnt nash carter be at the end?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

wow

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I like to thank Dave, MRT and yea ok for making this the best thread this week

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Yes!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love this goddamn forum

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Thank you!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My favorite Art Bell moment actually was about a week after he moved to KFI in Los Angeles, Phil Hendrie (who was working the evening shift at the time) did a spot on impression of him and basically parodied the famous call from the airplane with a guy launching a space craft. Art said at some point it was one of the funniest thing he heard.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Remember how the original Prey game opened with an Art Bell show where he was brushing off someone calling in about a UFO abducting people right before it abducts the player?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Is there a legit place to listen to old Coast to Coast episodes? I used to love that poo poo.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

Is there a legit place to listen to old Coast to Coast episodes? I used to love that poo poo.

On Podcast Addict, there's a feed called The Ultimate Art Bell Collection with over 1,300 episodes. Just search Art Bell and it will come right up.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DangerDummy! posted:

On Podcast Addict, there's a feed called The Ultimate Art Bell Collection with over 1,300 episodes. Just search Art Bell and it will come right up.

Awesome, thanks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jim Valley's story about seeing Bart Sawyer's abandoned WWE character mock-ups and how they are almost identical to Pete Dunne's new look today was crazy.

Kinda wish they'd gone with the name "Little Billy Badass" too :laugh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

Remember how the original Prey game opened with an Art Bell show where he was brushing off someone calling in about a UFO abducting people right before it abducts the player?

You get a bunch of different clips of Art taking calls about the abductions throughout the game it's pretty cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The only thing I remember about that game is the intro where you get kidnapped off the bar on the reservation while Blue Oyster Cult plays on the jukebox.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

One of the few games that lets you beat yourself to death with a wrench.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

So I especially loved Art telling his audience that he wants to have a sober, considerate conversation about Timothy McVeigh and his motivations for his crimes and whether or not the death penalty was a fitting punishment, and it segues directly into "HEY IT'S ME MR. FIDGET!!".

Art Bell is the George Washington on my Mount Rushmore of broadcasters. Unless he's talking about Ruby Ridge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DangerDummy! posted:

So I especially loved Art telling his audience that he wants to have a sober, considerate conversation about Timothy McVeigh and his motivations for his crimes and whether or not the death penalty was a fitting punishment, and it segues directly into "HEY IT'S ME MR. FIDGET!!".

Art Bell is the George Washington on my Mount Rushmore of broadcasters. Unless he's talking about Ruby Ridge.

The guy who starts yelling about how Mr. Fidget is espousing the philosophy of Plato is one of the funniest things to happen in radio.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Gaz-L posted:

The only thing I remember about that game is the intro where you get kidnapped off the bar on the reservation while Blue Oyster Cult plays on the jukebox.

The "save the girlfriend" twist was pretty nice at the time. I don't really remember liking the combat overall but the idea of dying and going to a spirit world where you had to fight to get back into the real world rather than just straight getting a game over was a fun twist.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1513219504960024577?s=20&t=N9CdXEBe2Ux5jj67ZKxR0w

This reminds me of one of my favorite B&V&C skits/contests where they had people write in obituaries. The one that went something like "Dave Meltzer died today after failing to replace battery in his smoke detector, when stacks of 30-year-old newspapers caught fire."

Bryan was like "that ain't funny because it could actually happen."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Overdue thank you to the thread for recommending deadlock. Super funny and it's one you can easily go back and listen to old episodes.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Overdue thank you to the thread for recommending deadlock. Super funny and it's one you can easily go back and listen to old episodes.

Their dumb bullshit always brightens my day. It's can't-miss imo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant believe trent reznor tricked bryan into airbnbing the tate house

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1513500648024809479
After taking a week long break we are back to talk about wrestling and baseball

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alvarez legit so unpleasant on this filthy 4 daily how much does this man hate dogs/his SIL’s twins??

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Latest Deadlocked was great with that recap of the Angle in the tanning booth episode of TNA

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

0konner posted:

Alvarez legit so unpleasant on this filthy 4 daily how much does this man hate dogs/his SIL’s twins??

Yeah he's pretty awful.

Especially crushing down his colleagues attempts to make jokes if they don't land. Keep it up and they won't make any jokes and hate their jobs more! The segment on this goes so long.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Yeah he's pretty awful.

Especially crushing down his colleagues attempts to make jokes if they don't land. Keep it up and they won't make any jokes and hate their jobs more! The segment on this goes so long.

Sounds Adam Carolla-ish (sans the ugly descent into right wing hackdom).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sounds Adam Carolla-ish (sans the ugly descent into right wing hackdom).

so far

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

Yeah he's pretty awful.

If this doesn't change the Bryan & Vinny show won't last!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

remember when (i think) jon jones failed a drug test and he claimed it was because of boner pills, and dave quipped “I guess there’s only one word to describe him” and Bryan didn’t get the joke At All, until like 10 minutes later when they’d completely moved on and he just yelled “SAWFT! I get it”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

remember when (i think) jon jones failed a drug test and he claimed it was because of boner pills, and dave quipped “I guess there’s only one word to describe him” and Bryan didn’t get the joke At All, until like 10 minutes later when they’d completely moved on and he just yelled “SAWFT! I get it”

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We love Bryan, don’t we folks?