Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent? - AEW Rampage 4/8

Great match, just what I'd expect from Danielson, with Trent? doing a great job being Mean Greg.

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta - AEW Rampage 4/8

Absolutely loving fantastic, star-making performance. Yuta absolutely overdelivered beyond all expectations, and the expectations were sky-high! Moxley was the perfect opponent for this, but this was the Wheeler Yuta show and seeing the crowd go BANANA for him was perfection.

fuckin

just fuckin what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

MOTYC: Yuta / Moxley, AEW Rampage 4/8
MOTYC: Young Bucks / FTR, AEW Dynamite 4/6

Two insanely good matches in one night.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Great match, just what I'd expect from Danielson, with Trent? doing a great job being Mean Greg.

Absolutely loving fantastic, star-making performance. Yuta absolutely overdelivered beyond all expectations, and the expectations were sky-high! Moxley was the perfect opponent for this, but this was the Wheeler Yuta show and seeing the crowd go BANANA for him was perfection.

Nth to both, wow.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta, AEW Rampage, 4/8

WATCH THIS loving MATCH

NTH!!!!!!!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Teddybear posted:

MOTYC: Yuta / Moxley, AEW Rampage 4/8
MOTYC: Young Bucks / FTR, AEW Dynamite 4/6

Two insanely good matches in one night.

Unnecessary nthing. Goddamn.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

sportsgenius86 posted:

WATCH THIS loving MATCH

I watched it, he was right

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Still Incomplete April 9th
MOTYC
Miyu Yamashita vs Juria Nagano
- This is Juria's second match ever, and Miyu has zero sympathy for her. loving brutal

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) (c) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) - Princess Tag Championship
- Yuka was in full force here, she has absolutely no repect for these rookies and showed utter disdain every time they tried to fight back. Until they started getting an advatage and she had to take them seriously

HM
MakiYuki (Maki Itoh and Kamiyu) vs #FreeWifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa)
- They went way harder than I expected here, it was great to see

Hyper Misao vs Miu Watanabe
- loving :laffo: for the first half, then Miu being real strong in the second

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- This is Juria's second match ever, and Miyu has zero sympathy for her. loving brutal

Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) (c) vs Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo and Suzume) - Princess Tag Championship
- Yuka was in full force here, she has absolutely no repect for these rookies and showed utter disdain every time they tried to fight back. Until they started getting an advatage and she had to take them seriously

HM

Emphatic +1

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

nth

christ alive what the gently caress yuta

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nthing these, will have to go back and watch Miyu/Juria

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

Giving this an HM nod myself. Definitely the best match on the show I saw, well worth watching if only to see MagiRabbi be JERKS! :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Jon Moxley, AEW Rampage, 08/04

What the gently caress was this match? :psyduck:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent Baretta, AEW Rampage, 08/04

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Oh come on! I actually went back to watch this thinking I missed something worth watching. I had a hard time even finding this because of how brief it was. I doubt Miyu's heart rate rose for the match.

Not since someone really hyped up Lulu Pencil/ Antonio Honda have I felt completely underwhelmed at watching a recommended match. At least then I was able to stick Chocopro stuff in the "not worth my time" pile but Miyu is actually good so it won't take much to convince me to watch a Miyu match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

WATCH THIS loving MATCH

THE RUGBY’S ON, I’LL WATCH RAMPAGE LATER ON THE FITE APP

WHY ARE WE YELLING?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stall_19 posted:

Oh come on! I actually went back to watch this thinking I missed something worth watching. I had a hard time even finding this because of how brief it was. I doubt Miyu's heart rate rose for the match.

Fair enough it's not your thing, but I absolutely loved it as a showcase of Juria in her first singles match. They traded standing shots including some legkicks that Juria sold well before Miyu took her down and showed complete dominance on the ground before letting her back up. Juria showed a bit more fire and was summarily murdered by a headkick. Definitely something i'm going to go back and rewatch as she gains more experience in the promotion

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM Speedball Mike Bailey vs Jay White NJPW Lonestar Shootout 4/1

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

Not since someone really hyped up Lulu Pencil/ Antonio Honda have I felt completely underwhelmed at watching a recommended match.

lol it'd probably be me but with those two names what were you expecting?

edit: Double lol. I checked and nobody, not even me, has ever nominated a Lulu Pencil / Antonio Honda match from ChocoPro in these threads

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 9, 2022

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM Chris Dickinson vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Lonestar Shootout 4/1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay/Aaron Henare, NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

Three amazing wrestlers and Aaron Henare deliver exactly what you'd expect

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito/Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay/Aaron Henare, NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

Three amazing wrestlers and Aaron Henare deliver exactly what you'd expect

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WMOTYC: EVIL vs. Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

Referees in New Japan are just the worst

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 9, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Bishamon vs. All Hail The Great O-Khan, Hero of the People/Jeff Cobb, NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

By the end of the match the crowd forgot they're meant to clap

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 9, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Jon Moxley, AEW Rampage, 08/04

What the gently caress was this match? :psyduck:

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent Baretta, AEW Rampage, 08/04

nth to both of these.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: SHO vs. El Desperado, NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

Despy is crazy, I love him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Hyper Battle April 9th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
- The best technical wrestler in the world faces down God. Big match New Japan, there's nothing else quite like it, by the end the crowd got loud as hell considering the circumstances

HM
United Empire (Aaron Henare and Will Ospreay) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito and Shingo Takagi)
- These guys have great chemistry, and Henare really laid his shots in

Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan) - IWGP Tag Team Championships
- Crowd forgot they weren't supposed to cheer, started off slow but was awesome by the end

El Desperado (c) vs SHO - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
- This was really good, hovered around MOTYC level until SHO started resorting to low blows near the end but still had some fantastic moments

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Hyper Battle 4/9

Absolutely loving incredible. Zack Sabre Jr. is astonishing. Okada is a God. The finishing sequence was one of the most incredible things I've seen. Amazing match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Zack Sabre Jr., NJPW Hyper Battle, 09/04

We've just had FTR/Briscoes, FTR/Bucks and Yuta/Mox and this is still my favourite match of the last week

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- The best technical wrestler in the world faces down God. Big match New Japan, there's nothing else quite like it, by the end the crowd got loud as hell considering the circumstances

HM
United Empire (Aaron Henare and Will Ospreay) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito and Shingo Takagi)

Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan) - IWGP Tag Team Championships
- Crowd forgot they weren't supposed to cheer, started off slow but was awesome by the end

- This was really good, hovered around MOTYC level until SHO started resorting to low blows near the end but still had some fantastic moments

nthing these

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

nth. Unreal!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Yes + HM for Bullet Club vs Tanahashi & GOD

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth. Really superb.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yes + HM for Bullet Club vs Tanahashi & GOD
Nth for this too, the post match was beautiful.

ZSJ vs Okada had the most ooh's and aah's and gasps of any Covid crowd I've ever seen.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Real Overture April 8th
HM
Kongoh (Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Nioh, Tadasuke and Hajime Ohara) vs NOAH Sekigun (Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura, Haoh, Daisuke Harada and YO-HEY)
- Some real fun dynamics here considering the personal histories, with three members of the home team being members of Kongoh this time last year

Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Hideki Suzuki
- Enjoyed this quite a bit more than I thought I would. The opening grappling wasn't the most compelling, but then Suzuki threw some shoot headbutts and Katsu retaliated by pounding the poo poo out of him. Heartily recommend this if you enjoy the NOAH house style and don't mind time limit draws

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MOTYC Nth for ZSJ vs Okada

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth for all those matches.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed hot drat wheeler yuta is fantastic.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

nth to this, yuta is 100% a star now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MOTYC: STEEL CHAIN MATCH The San vs Toni Tamminen, FCF Wrestling Show Live!, 4/9

Two of the somewhat younger FCF talents finally getting the spotlight and putting together an excellent main event to cap off a two-year story and rivalry. Great storytelling and some very neat stuff involving the chain. Both of these guys showed they deserve to be featured more prominently from now on.

Just wish I could show it to you :shrug:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

NTH. and Mox vs Yuta, holy poo poo.