Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Even if you get that axe of +5 daedra whoopin on a level 5 character, you can reconstruct any set piece you 'know' using transmute stones (at a transmute station, found in the brass fortress of clockwork city or literally any guild hall)

Transmutes can be easily gained doing daily random dungeons (normal or vet, I just do normals) once per day per character.

You get 50 transmutes from earning tier 1 rewards in your home cyrodiil campaign (just do stuff to earn ~20k ap, takes about an hour)

You can get 1-5 transmutes doing undaunted pledges.

Sets you have collected will range between 75-25 transmutes to reconstruct. The more pieces of the set you have, the cheaper it gets, to a minimum of 25 with the whole set collected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Why do they keep forgetting that everyone logs on for the Jubilee events? Goddamnit.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

SplitSoul posted:

Why do they keep forgetting that everyone logs on for the Jubilee events? Goddamnit.

You mean why do YOU forget...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Trastion posted:

You mean why do YOU forget...

I don't, just holding out hope that maybe one day... :allears:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The only things that are character bound are level up rewards and quest items. And a couple of random things just for funsies (like Sigils of Imperial Retreat, why are these char bound?). But in general things aren't character bound in the game.

I think the issue is if your baby dps character is level 20, they may have CP, but they need level 20 gear.

Maybe "baby dps" was a bit misleading. It's a fresh 50 that didn't have any set pieces yet, so I jumpstarted him straight to Tzogins.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Maybe "baby dps" was a bit misleading. It's a fresh 50 that didn't have any set pieces yet, so I jumpstarted him straight to Tzogins.
Makes sense, I've got 18 level 50 characters, but only play 3 or 4, so the others are babies like yours. I've been equipping them slowly as I keep maxing out my transmutes.

Also the yearly inventory management event is here.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Jesus could they at least make the drat paladin and companion style pages sell for 500 gold or something? At this point any new players for the next two years could get them all by people just wanting to get rid of them. :argh:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

Jesus could they at least make the drat paladin and companion style pages sell for 500 gold or something? At this point any new players for the next two years could get them all by people just wanting to get rid of them. :argh:
Do you need them or want to get rid of them? They're not dropping and are only available in the grab bag, their prices are rising

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Do you need them or want to get rid of them? They're not dropping and are only available in the grab bag, their prices are rising

I have a bunch I want to get rid of. I just cannot bring myself to destroy them. :negative:

I'll check the guild vendors. thanks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Doctor Zero posted:

I have a bunch I want to get rid of. I just cannot bring myself to destroy them. :negative:

Are you on Xbox because I'd be happy to take them off your hands?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

Oh, me too. Prices are still pretty low, so you'll have to wait probably another year if you want to sell for a good price, but if you just want to sell for you'll probably find a buyer from newish players. I know I'm looking to buy some on PCEU because I don't want to waste tickets on them.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

1glitch0 posted:

Are you on Xbox because I'd be happy to take them off your hands?

:smith: ps5

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Welp! I've become obsessed with collecting that stuff. This festival is great.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Any recommendations for content creators for build guides and stuff?

Is alcast or deltias any good these days? There was some Minotaur channel I saw yesterday, just don't have a frame of reference for what's good.

I get that it doesn't matter for 90% of content but would like something that can solo everything and do pretty well in random dungeon groups. Or just solo them where possible.

Running a magplar right now so jabbing away, but have no idea what's been nerfed set wise, buffed, how hybrid skills play into it, champion points, etc.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Alcast and deltia = passable but not great.

Liko.gg has good builds.

HacktheMinotaur does fairly effective fun builds, but probably not the kind of build to do harder endgame stuff (still totally fine for like 95% of the game)

My personal fave is Skinnycheeks, because he doesn't just throw a build at you and call it good. He's good at explaining why you want skill x over skill z, set a over set b. And his guides have progression advice for newer people (ie start with these easy to get sets which will help make you strong enough to get these other sets etc. Etc.) Thorough but approachable.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Excellent, will check them out. Thank you!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Allcast uses the same min-maxed cookie cutter build for every class. They do have good discussions about how to use each class skill, but I wouldn’t recommend actually following the build.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My issue with most build guides is I have zero interest in endgame or boss battles in general. I just want to solo 98% of the time and be able to kill stuff in a fun efficient way. If my attacks look cool that’s more desirable than a minor dps boost.

E- also I’m just getting back into the game after a couple years off and I’ve forgotten everything. My points were reset on all my characters so I have a daunting amount of research to do. I also got my first Xbox so I’m trying a new character there. It’s a little bit of a heartbreak to have to leave my giant cave home back on the pc account but playing on a big tv is fun I guess.

One of the worst parts of playing on Xbox is when the nameplates are Xbox gamer tags

Snowy fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 9, 2022

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Snowy posted:

My issue with most build guides is I have zero interest in endgame or boss battles in general. I just want to solo 98% of the time and be able to kill stuff in a fun efficient way. If my attacks look cool that’s more desirable than a minor dps boost.

E- also I’m just getting back into the game after a couple years off and I’ve forgotten everything. My points were reset on all my characters so I have a daunting amount of research to do. I also got my first Xbox so I’m trying a new character there. It’s a little bit of a heartbreak to have to leave my giant cave home back on the pc account but playing on a big tv is fun I guess.

One of the worst parts of playing on Xbox is when the nameplates are Xbox gamer tags

Name plate display is configured in settings. Also, it’s only 3k gold to reset skills or CP so don’t sweat it too much. You also get a free respec scroll while leveling.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snowy posted:

Oh hey, I'm on xbox too!

As for interesting builds, I'll say again that HacktheMinotaur might be a good dude to check out. He often has lots of off-meta but effective builds, lots of solo builds, 1 bar builds, heavy attack builds and so on.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Can we get some pictures of the characters you goons have made in the thread? I want to see what fancy garbs you're wearing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Snowy posted:

Error 404 posted:

Oh hey, I'm on xbox too!

As for interesting builds, I'll say again that HacktheMinotaur might be a good dude to check out. He often has lots of off-meta but effective builds, lots of solo builds, 1 bar builds, heavy attack builds and so on.

If you're interested in Sorceror, I can recommend this build from HtM: https://www.hacktheminotaur.com/builds/eso-magicka-sorcerer-solo-pve-one-bar-build-infinity

He's got a video of it on there as well. I recommend doing the two bar build over the one bar build, it's a lot more DPS and it's still brain dead easy. Basically, I just fire off a bunch of buffs and AOE stuff and everything around me dies. It's like, push all the buttons on my front bar, switch to the back bar, push one button, and hold down heavy attack until the cooldowns on my front bar are ready. And I have a button I can push for a shield/heal if I need it.

It's probably not, like, endgame optimal but I'm like Snowy where I just want to solo poo poo efficiently and with a little style and this does that without any worries. The endgame gear sets they suggest are also all soloable (Permafrost comes from Maelstrom and Spinner's is just an overland set), with the exception of the Gaze of Sithis which is an optional piece and would require you to run one dungeons (and grind up Antiquities).

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 9, 2022

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bar Patron posted:

Can we get some pictures of the characters you goons have made in the thread? I want to see what fancy garbs you're wearing.

Not the fanciest, but I haven't found anything I've liked better.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Is this still the place to request an invite to the goon guild? If so, NA, PC, @Dig-It

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bar Patron posted:

I have a bunch of old characters in costumes, one of these days I’ll have to look into revamping their styles

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Bar Patron posted:

I love the outfitting system in this game, there are so many different motif styles and customisations.

My most played character, a Dunmer Sorcerer. For the outfit I was aiming for just general 'adventurer' since this is the one I've done all the stories and crafting on:

My Khajit Nightblade which I use for damage dealing in dungeon groups:

I love the Argonian aesthetic and this guy is a Dragonknight that I have set up for healing but who I run around with a stamina build on solo so he can spit poison everywhere:

A Redguard Sorcerer who originally my Stamina Sorcerer before the armoury system made that largely irrelevant so he's relegated to being a werewolf in cyrodiil/arenas now:

My magicka-based Warden which was my attempt to make a Breton look like a Reachman which I think worked out pretty well:

This one is basically a joke because it's a Necromancer named Owns-Bones and I haven't actually levelled the character much:

My newest character is a stamina-based Necromancer who is the angriest Orc with the most thematically appropriate "weapon":

I do have more characters but they've largely been left by the wayside thanks to the armoury update.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I spend all my time on the houses I own instead of how my pc looks. i don't think I've even changed anything I'm just in the regular generic gear

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

I love these. Awesome work.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

(ignore the staff, gonna rework this guy into dual sabers)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat, ya'll got me installing ESO again

e: Morrowind is free to all players now? that's definitely a great way to get people in, it rules

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Yo, where do you get this outfit?? I love the evil doctor look.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

StarkRavingMad posted:

Seriously that's some Bezos look right there

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

StarkRavingMad posted:

Eccentric Experimenter from the Sovngarde crates. Goggles are from the Naryu's Morag Tong costume bundle, but they're also in the Iron Atronach crates. Boots and epaulets I can't remember right now, but I can check tomorrow.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:tviv:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

(ignore the staff, gonna rework this guy into dual sabers)

Mad scientist dude looks like someone from an entirely different game. Good work on all of these!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thanks. :)

I wish outfit slots were on sale more often, dressup in this game is the best.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Here’s my Main. Bosmer Warden - Loolea. Yeah I know it’s a standard costume but it looks perfect on her so I never change it. She’s also the shortest the sliders will go. I’ve been playing variations of her in MMOs since launch EQ.

She also likes to participate in events first-hand.

My babby dragon knight, Veloria, which is also based on an EQ character - a Tier Dal Cleric (thus the pissed-off look)

E: also here’s my sorcerer. Love this outfit. I tried to make her look like Kate Blanchett.

She’s not sure about this banker.

Getting the stink eye

My babby Templar

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 10, 2022

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Does anyone know how the loot drops work for the festival? Like what motifs are included? Do super rare ones drop or is it just stuff you can buy in a guild store for a couple thousand gold? I got one that claimed it came "from the rarest of chests in Vvardenfell" but I haven't been there yet and don't know if the game is mocking me or not.

I've also gotten what could be described as "enough" spider legs.

Doctor Zero posted:

Here’s my Main. Bosmer Warden - Loolea. Yeah I know it’s a standard costume but it looks perfect on her so I never change it. She’s also the shortest the sliders will go. I’ve been playing variations of her in MMOs since launch EQ.

She also likes to participate in events first-hand.

Loolea owns.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

1glitch0 posted:

Does anyone know how the loot drops work for the festival? Like what motifs are included? Do super rare ones drop or is it just stuff you can buy in a guild store for a couple thousand gold? I got one that claimed it came "from the rarest of chests in Vvardenfell" but I haven't been there yet and don't know if the game is mocking me or not.

Nearly all motifs can drop except:
The ones only available as full books (1-9 common, 10 Imperial, 11-14 Purples books, 37 Ebony from writ vouchers)
Militant Ordinator (only buyable with AP in cyro), Soul Shriven (quest)
Event motifs (31. Skinchanger, 42. Hollowjack, 63. Dremora)
All antiquities motifs
28. Ra Gada, 80. Shield of Senchal 81. New Moon Priest just because.

So yes, trader value is irrelevant. Buyant Armiger (I guess that's what you got) or Dro-m'Athra are just as likely to drop as Draugr.

Here's a full list:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/601872/complete-anniversary-jubilee-motif-list-2022-edition/p1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Doctor Zero posted:

I didn't post it before but I also use and love the Elven Hero Armour costume on my Bosmer :hfive: