Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

negative test, guess it's just allergies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

MLK Ultra posted:

last night i got so high that i became COVID -- as though i had taken a hit of salvia and entwined with a single hovering covid virion: aging through OG, beta, delta, omi and XE. i saw the cheeser lungs that came before and the cheeser lungs that will follow. i am at peace.

then i woke up and someone's Arby's order (spicy fish, bacon ranch, 6pc wings, lg Mellow Yellow/lg Diet Coke) had been left on my doorstep.

i have been embraced by the universe. which is really cool since i'm weed-hungover hungry af.
mistakes into miracles.

yes hmm

"someone's"

:thunk:

Gunshow Poophole has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Apr 9, 2022

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zugzwang posted:

Been this way for a while, but it’s becoming more and more impossible to state basic facts about this in public without sounding like an unhinged conspiracy theorist. “The government is hiding this information from us! They don’t want us to know what is really happening!” or just “It’s a government cover-up!” etc

I literally talked to my therapist about this because really it’s just her and my husband and a few friends and this thread who are like “no, you aren’t crazy, killing and maiming everyone is bad” and then everywhere else I look around is like “BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE” and that just feels very wrong but everyone keeps chanting it and it’s very unsettling and not chanting along is alienating, while talking about how you should ignore the government and homeschool your kids and wear a mask and goggles everywhere you go because covid is the zombies and it will eat your brain makes me sound like the crazy one.

Iron Crowned posted:

Love to feel like I'm Rowdy Roddy Piper in They Live

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Day 2 of Plaxovid trip report:

https://youtu.be/qLrnkK2YEcE

Everything tastes like bloody metal. My vision and mind has like a film over it, like when you figure out youre dreaming and decide to breath underwater or fly around. Brain fog doesn't explain it as accurately as that video.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Forseti posted:

It's also the anxiety I get from watching people I do care about gently caress around... that they're going to die from COVID because they won't stop until they die of COVID.

:capitalism:

I hate that I have to watch my friends do the stupidest most dangerous poo poo that is going to gently caress them up because while I think being a friend is about helping your friends apparently it’s about not being a buzzkill and acting surprised that they are sick again.

Shiroc posted:

Knowing the fact that basically no level of governance in the US has any legitimacy outside of its capacity to commit violence against its citizens is oddly freeing.

I actually loving hate it

Thoguh posted:

Really angry this morning that society has just decided that preferring not to catch COVID is a character flaw.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Thoguh posted:

No you can only change titles when you have a star.

Well then I should have a star, I think of good title names all the time and I’m boss of the thread :colbert:

Thank you for answering my question though.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Horseshoe theory posted:

MadJackal's Having A Normal One in the Ukraine/Russia war thread after someone brought up the fridge thing. :v:

Lol

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

yes hmm

"someone's"

:thunk:

i live in a complex where they named the road i'm on with a Drive and the road up there the same name with Court -- and both areas have one of the same apartment numbers. we get their thai food all the time. they've got really good taste.

Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Really angry this morning that society has just decided that preferring not to catch COVID is a character flaw.

I’ve been seeing (online and off) a lot of splitting behavior lately, that what the chuds do wrt Covid is bad buttttttttt what I and mine do is good and any evidence to the otherwise slides right off their brain.

I think I’m just gonna be a hermit

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

one time i delivered pizza to a guy and he immediately whipped out his wallet and paid cash with a $5 tip and eagerly took the pizza... go on a few more deliveries and when i get back the manager asks me if i delivered the pizza on pine ln because they said they didn't get it and i was like no dude here's the receipt and the payment, but the customer was adamant and pissed so i bagged up another pizza and went out... when i got closer i realized i went one street over the first time and the guy probably thought his wife ordered the pizza or something

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Spoondick posted:

one time i delivered pizza to a guy and he immediately whipped out his wallet and paid cash with a $5 tip and eagerly took the pizza... go on a few more deliveries and when i get back the manager asks me if i delivered the pizza on pine ln because they said they didn't get it and i was like no dude here's the receipt and the payment, but the customer was adamant and pissed so i bagged up another pizza and went out... when i got closer i realized i went one street over the first time and the guy probably thought his wife ordered the pizza or something

lmao

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I literally talked to my therapist about this because really it’s just her and my husband and a few friends and this thread who are like “no, you aren’t crazy, killing and maiming everyone is bad” and then everywhere else I look around is like “BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE” and that just feels very wrong but everyone keeps chanting it and it’s very unsettling and not chanting along is alienating, while talking about how you should ignore the government and homeschool your kids and wear a mask and goggles everywhere you go because covid is the zombies and it will eat your brain makes me sound like the crazy one.
If the “we need to learn to live with it” people were advocating for continued NPIs (especially good masking), keeping testing/surveillance going, subsidizing treatment and sick time, improving HVAC to make buildings safer, etc, that’d sure be something! But nope, “living with it” means “pretending cars don’t exist when you cross the street”

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Well then I should have a star, I think of good title names all the time and I’m boss of the thread :colbert:

Thank you for answering my question though.

Weren't the mods supposed to find a new IK for this thread when it was remade

Apr 7, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

If the “we need to learn to live with it” people were advocating for continued NPIs (especially good masking), keeping testing/surveillance going, subsidizing treatment and sick time, improving HVAC to make buildings safer, etc, that’d sure be something! But nope, “living with it” means “pretending cars don’t exist when you cross the street”

When you point this out to them they completely ignore it too. Slides right off their perfectly smooth brains.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Zugzwang posted:

well said

really sucks to see "NOPE CAN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY" from folks who I know don't want any aspect of this poo poo. I think it's just the only way they can continue to exist in this society without going insane

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
good news if you want to go to a large gathering that is banned by the definitely real mandates

there's one tomorrow! :peanut:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

When you point this out to them they completely ignore it too. Slides right off their perfectly smooth brains.
mild brainfolds

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

dang dude, would you be comfortable with having supplies for a cube sent to you? or to like...a designated place you'd feel ok about? It's forty bux for a mini cube kit and I could spare that to help you breathe a little better at least in your own room :/ Sorry if this is presumptuous and please tell me if I'm being overbearing, I just really feel for you. It is extremely hard to not have control of your own space especially when it's full of volatile people.

If it helps, I'll pitch in for this too.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Joementum posted:

good news if you want to go to a large gathering that is banned by the definitely real mandates

there's one tomorrow! :peanut:

Death chuckles to himself as he polishes his scythe.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/radiofinn/status/1512796598706839560
https://twitter.com/asosin/status/1512812755035824134

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Huh. So maybe there are going cool zone in Shanghai, at least a little.

https://twitter.com/cam_l/status/1512646118575812612?s=20&t=NgP4xwU2_zKZpzJRm035Mg

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Zugzwang posted:

"Biden said we need to learn to live with the virus which is why I'm not eating out or traveling because that's what it is to live with the virus" has gotten me some choice reactions in the last month or so.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Covid doesn't exist at this bougie wedding I forgot to bring a tie to. Food's good, at least.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Tulip posted:

"Biden said we need to learn to live with the virus which is why I'm not eating out or traveling because that's what it is to live with the virus" has gotten me some choice reactions in the last month or so.
lol

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

https://twitter.com/cam_l/status/1512646118575812612?s=20&t=NgP4xwU2_zKZpzJRm035Mg

shoot, that's not good.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"
Maybe I bought into the "Chairman Xi, my people yearn for freedom" bullshit a little too much, but I would have assumed Beijing would be able to feed residents of Shanghai if they were going to make the call to lock them down for so long. Then again maybe that's old footage, or out of context or something. It is Twitter. But I'm kind of left wondering whether China is logistically capable of Covid Zero. Keeping 25 million+ people fed for a month is a big challenge. I just assumed they were up to it.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Weren't the mods supposed to find a new IK for this thread when it was remade

yes that's me

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!

So either xi has woefully underestimated the supply chain/logistics to facilitate a lockdown on this scale or this is systematic and were gonna see some poo poo, shanghai is just so loving massive

so uhhh cool :geno:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

we had 7 positives at my MA workplace this week, more than any week pre-omicron

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

So either xi has woefully underestimated the supply chain/logistics to facilitate a lockdown on this scale or this is systematic and were gonna see some poo poo, shanghai is just so loving massive

so uhhh cool :geno:

communism unfortunately isn’t immune to that 3 missed meals quote

also if the r0 is so bad now that the lockdown isn’t working due to the population density then well rip.

if people thought supply chain poo poo was bad now we’re about to see some poo poo, if you need anything for your home and can afford it I suggest getting it now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Maybe I bought into the "Chairman Xi, my people yearn for freedom" bullshit a little too much, but I would have assumed Beijing would be able to feed residents of Shanghai if they were going to make the call to lock them down for so long. Then again maybe that's old footage, or out of context or something. It is Twitter. But I'm kind of left wondering whether China is logistically capable of Covid Zero. Keeping 25 million+ people fed for a month is a big challenge. I just assumed they were up to it.

I thought Naomi had an interesting take on the food supply issues, with the normal warning that I have absolutely no personal understanding of life in China.

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1512734595485106179

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

I thought Naomi had an interesting take on the food supply issues, with the normal warning that I have absolutely no personal understanding of life in China.

this compared to her previous posting means that the situation in Shanghai is dire

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

post COVID posted:

we had 7 positives at my MA workplace this week, more than any week pre-omicron

wave kicked off at my office this week too, more new cases each day than we've had each week over the past two months. several teams were knocked out all at once thanks to no masks

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Joementum posted:

Yeah, that's a great thread. I knew some if it from spending time in Singapore for work. Fresh meat, fresh veg, daily markets, food as status. But they had so long to plan for this, and I was under the impression Xi was a capable planner. I assume Naomi's right about the societal aspect of famine in China given their history, but if that's the case Xi has his hands full.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

"Beijing would be able to feed residents of Shanghai"

So from what I've learned from people living during e.g. Xi'an lockdown, food isn't being provided by the government. Like it's not like the Qing dynasty with ever-normal granaries and such being a central part of basic administration. Food is basically being provided by the private sector not that dissimilar to how things go in the US, just with people y'know actually using NPIs. You put in a request for mcdonal's or w/e and an ubereats guy delivers. When specific buildings are locked down there's an additional layer of volunteers who actually go into the buildings suited up, but it's not like a planet of difference in terms of lifestyle and the central government is largely relying on private sector solutions for the logistics.

Here's a cool video of what those volunteers do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXYOMxcqQBY

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
COVID’s showing up in crazy amounts in all major metro areas

cases are up

Admissions are up in half the country, and deaths are low enough that hospitalizations have stopped decreasing.

Everyone I know, at work and in person - including myself currently has “the worst cold they’ve ever had,” that lingers for weeks, with multiple negative tests.

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1512782179838922761?s=21&t=fB_wXaHL1k2m7UnNmw6ssw

Anecdotally, today is my first day off in 3 weeks because our compensation team totally hosed up the merit/bonus process at my company - worst I’ve seen it in 15 years in my industry, and I had to help fix it. These are data driven people who never make errors.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pryor on Fire posted:

what's the smiley with biden mouth open looking confused

:dementia:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Joementum posted:

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1512734653811097603

they don't know the magic of beans :sad:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Since last night I've had a stuffy nostril. I did take some OTC meds that seem to help but it hasn't fully resolved it, or at least it's intermittent and runnier now. I took a test since I had one of the free Joe ones around (thank you Mister President) and it was negative, so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Pink Mist posted:

Can’t wait for the “why are hospitals full??!” articles when case numbers don’t track
It’s on the same level as “why is the labor market so tight???”.

Just saw this on the Google News lol