Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Mods change my name to Enrique's Buttery Crotch

Edit: a beautiful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

my main takeaway from that is that guy used a knife to remove the peely bit under the lid. he didn't even TRY just pulling it off :catstare:

You can’t easily peel off Nutella jars. They don’t have a tab or anything to grab onto and the glue is really strong.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You can’t easily peel off Nutella jars. They don’t have a tab or anything to grab onto and the glue is really strong.

ill allow it this time.

please take this burger with a Bloomin Onion on it in recompense

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Does that have both grilled onions and caramelized onions underneath it?

… yes please.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ill allow it this time.

please take this burger with a Bloomin Onion on it in recompense

Fuuuuuuuuuck me that’s in the wrong thread.

Content: The only allowable butter dish

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Palmer chocolate hardly counts as food.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

HOLLOW

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Livin’ life for the ‘gram, yeah of course it’s hollow

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Palmer chocolate hardly counts as food.

I have a soft spot for it - it's like an alien substance composed primarily of nostalgia and beetle extracts.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I went to the store while I was hungry and made an impulse purchase.

I knew it wasn't going to be great because the whole "boba through the straw" thing is pretty crucial to the whole experience.

Looks kind of like bubble tea?

Ugh. Mushy and flavorless. There's a reason shops make these fresh daily. The tea was good, though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I have never seen canned boba tea before. It turned out pretty much like I would have imagined, though.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I find ordinary boba to be like roleplaying getting infected with parasites, so it being a canned version doesn't really make a difference for my level of aversion to it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if anyone has made a version with the tiny mozzarella balls you get in salads.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if anyone has made a version with the tiny mozzarella balls you get in salads.

Yeah, it's called drinking the brine straight from the conainer.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I find ordinary boba to be like roleplaying getting infected with parasites, so it being a canned version doesn't really make a difference for my level of aversion to it.

Jump in any body of water down here in Florida and you won't have to roleplay

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Simlarly, I picked up a bottle of Mogu Mogu chewable fruit drink, expecting something horrid, but was pleasantly surprised. I haven't had boba, but the nata de coco in Mogu Mogu doesn't get as mushy over time as tapioca.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, it's called drinking the brine straight from the conainer.

Don’t doxx me.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/presidenttoguro/status/1512812127672754182

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

A lapful of red onion, tomato, and corned beef.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I got around to eating some Dinty Moore stew I got last week, and wow, I forgot how salty they are. It's like starting with canned soup, and heaping in another spoon or two of salt on top of that :gonk:

Anyways, here's a recipe:

It's got more than one ingredient, it counts!!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*meme man head* shef

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
pffff what kind of megacorp doesnt also say to use their own brand of mashed potatoes. got to get them into your entire ecosystem/horizontal (vertical??) product line.

e: What a load of poo poo. trying to see how much salt is in various versions of beef stews (canned, tray, microwaveable bowl) and they just say

"Promotions, product information and packaging are subject to change. Please refer to the packaging on store shelves for the most up-to-date information."

Whats the point of even having a website if theyre not going to have infomation on it.

PhazonLink has a new favorite as of 05:06 on Apr 10, 2022

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Fartington Butts posted:

A lapful of red onion, tomato, and corned beef.

You missed an ingredient.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got around to eating some Dinty Moore stew I got last week, and wow, I forgot how salty they are. It's like starting with canned soup, and heaping in another spoon or two of salt on top of that :gonk:

I've had a lot of government issued beef stew, and something about Dinty Moore is worse, too much beef and salt, not enough carrots, to thick? I dunno why I find it so objectionable, when I'll glorp down heaps of even cheaper stuff.

If you're eating tinned beef stew and you're not dumping some cheap hot sauce (Tapatio, Frank's, Chrystal etc. Don't waste your Cholula) in you're loving up, the vinegar and pepper really help uplift the bland and salt and bring out the beefy goodness.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
I bought a can of boba tea for my fiance, it used gummy bobas instead though so they weren't all mushy. He actually really liked it! I tried a sip, it was fine.
Haven't found a single person who likes that salty Swedish licorice though. My friend gave me a jar of the extra salty kind and I almost puked from the ammonia aftertaste. One of the people I made try it said it was worse than natto. I feel bad throwing it out because my friend really thought I might like it.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

21st Cherry boy posted:

I bought a can of boba tea for my fiance, it used gummy bobas instead though so they weren't all mushy. He actually really liked it! I tried a sip, it was fine.
Haven't found a single person who likes that salty Swedish licorice though. My friend gave me a jar of the extra salty kind and I almost puked from the ammonia aftertaste. One of the people I made try it said it was worse than natto. I feel bad throwing it out because my friend really thought I might like it.

Both natto and salmiakki are good sorry for your loss

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I (Swedish) sent a friend in America some stuff once and among it was a bag of Turkisk Peppar. When he received it he said on IRC that it tasted like "the sin of mankind" and his wife joined the channel we were in just to yell at me about it.

I could not have asked for a better response tbh

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

KennyMan666 posted:

I (Swedish) sent a friend in America some stuff once and among it was a bag of Turkisk Peppar. When he received it he said on IRC that it tasted like "the sin of mankind" and his wife joined the channel we were in just to yell at me about it.

A few years ago around Christmas I used a bag of it to infuse a bottle of vodka. My husband said it looked and tasted like low tide.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

hallo spacedog posted:

A few years ago around Christmas I used a bag of it to infuse a bottle of vodka. My husband said it looked and tasted like low tide.

Turkish shot is probably the worst way to get drunk. Injecting your rear end with vodka would probably be preferable.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Turkish pepper and salmiakki are both fantastic.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

"Surprise" eggs benedict.

The surprise is the Spam.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Elviscat posted:

Absolutely would. Spam is great in the right context, and eggs benedict is one of those contexts.

:colbert:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

KennyMan666 posted:

I like how this was invented by a Dane who then tried to blame the nation of Turkey for this monstrosity

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Elviscat posted:

I’ve never had spam but this looks fuckin delicious. Honestly after the first picture I don’t know if I really care what kind of meat is underneath it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Spam can be very good with the right prep, fried up with breakfast food like that is the ideal scenario. It's still obviously cheap canned meat, but if you can accept that it's perfectly fine.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Jim Beam Apple is one of the most disgusting spirits I've ever tasted. We bought a bottle on sale and after one sip I noped the gently caress out. I don't think the creators ever tasted an apple before.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Shepherd's pie uses lamb, not beef. But throw in a handful of herbs and top with a layer of molten cheese and I would.

I bought a supermarket cottage pie not long ago and it was at least 3/4 stodgy potato with a tiny layer of beef/gravy at the bottom. This looks better than that.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Shepherd's pie uses lamb, not beef. But throw in a handful of herbs and top with a layer of molten cheese and I would.

Shepard's pie is like the pizza is savory pies, you can put whatever you want in it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What kind of shepherd would eat the very thing they're supposed to be protecting? Go steal someone's cow to eat while you watch your sheep, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The only thing I remember from brokeback mountain is, there’s like a thousand sheep they won’t miss just one, I’m fuckin sick of beans