Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

I did it! Along with the new week of event rewards and honing books and such. I've hit 1370! I was curious how much it took so I checked my achievement and I've failed a total of 125 honings. Which I think is average? I thought I got lucky a few times but people were saying around 150 failures when they hit 1370. I guess a lot of bad luck streaks evened it out I just didn't realize.

The naruni racing event ends next week right? I guess I don't need to race anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Velveteen posted:

I did it! Along with the new week of event rewards and honing books and such. I've hit 1370! I was curious how much it took so I checked my achievement and I've failed a total of 125 honings. Which I think is average? I thought I got lucky a few times but people were saying around 150 failures when they hit 1370. I guess a lot of bad luck streaks evened it out I just didn't realize.

The naruni racing event ends next week right? I guess I don't need to race anymore.

Congrats! Just trying to get to 1355 this week to hit the next tier of chaos dungeon was miserable and I am extremely not looking forward to trying to go up like 3 more upgrades on each piece to get 1370

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Velveteen posted:

You have enough left over for t1 mats on your alts?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If you have alts you actually play you innately have enough to buy out the vendor without doing a single race.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

You have enough left over for t1 mats on your alts?

I actually don't play my alts much. I should start on them but glavier is coming so I'll wait for that since it looks so much cooler than the current classes.

On another note I did Nightfox Yoho for the first time and....whoops?

It was totally an accident. My doomsday was flying from the sky as we all got fox'd and they exploded in one shot because they were under the boss.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So what happens in Nia if you don't enjoy the festival?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

So what happens in Nia if you don't enjoy the festival?

No one finds those bodies that’s for sure.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
That Argos fight is fun. Lots of stuff to keep track of, but they're individually pretty easy and overall it's pretty fun.

Took me 136 honing fails to get here, FWIW.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jabor posted:

That Argos fight is fun. Lots of stuff to keep track of, but they're individually pretty easy and overall it's pretty fun.

Took me 136 honing fails to get here, FWIW.

Not bad! That seems be about average for players for honing fails.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Congrats! Just trying to get to 1355 this week to hit the next tier of chaos dungeon was miserable and I am extremely not looking forward to trying to go up like 3 more upgrades on each piece to get 1370

Oof, I went from 1350 to 1355 buying out the event vendors but it ate all my gold and all my mats, including the rng increase things. Before I started honing in T3 my plan was to “just” get to 1385 for the stronghold research, but that’s probably a few months out if there aren’t any events like this running.

In other news, Blaster has really grown on me. It’s still super frustrating when bosses decide to wander around the whole fight, but I feel like having to actually pay more attention to boss patterns is making me a better player in general.

love too shoot rockets at a demon

Estel
May 4, 2010

Hefty posted:

In other news, Blaster has really grown on me. It’s still super frustrating when bosses decide to wander around the whole fight, but I feel like having to actually pay more attention to boss patterns is making me a better player in general.

It is great once you know a fight and hit a boss with every skill because you know when he is going to move or where he is going to stop. Now I understand why swiftness is the preferred stat, you can spam your skills and never stop doing damage.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1512507676592279552

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Hefty posted:

Oof, I went from 1350 to 1355 buying out the event vendors but it ate all my gold and all my mats, including the rng increase things. Before I started honing in T3 my plan was to “just” get to 1385 for the stronghold research, but that’s probably a few months out if there aren’t any events like this running.

I got to tier 3 just as the naruni racing event started so it took me about 1 month(I think its been a month) to get to 1370 with all the free materials and books. The guardian event doesn't end next week and according to the roadmap we'll be getting more events too. With south vern opening up we may get more stuff there as well as the weekly guardian stuff. It shouldn't be that bad getting to 1370. I doubt it will take a few months at least. The best part is once you get there, all you need to do is to run the hardmode dungeons and/or argos and you can easily swap to a new set of gear and upgrade to 1385 very easily with high success% chances.

Also I just want to complain that you can't get a full set of legendary gear in just one week. It will take you at least a second week to craft the remaining pieces to hit 1385 because the hard dungeons don't drop enough materials. I haven't completed Argos yet but I did run one matchmaking group and it seems pretty simple to do. I will give it another try today and hopefully I luck out on a better group.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
You can hit 1385 without your last piece, you just have to hone some stuff a couple more times. It's just a bit easier when you have all 6 pieces.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I am quickly learning that 1350-1370 is basically just mashing Hone on items until you get to 100% artisan energy and praying your gold supply holds out (it doesnt)

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Haha, yeah. I am sitting at 1364, and my soul is completely gone at this point. I just hit hone and sigh. :lmao:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I haven’t even made it to 1350 and I think I’m done lol

The honing progression thing is really not scratching my itches. Might go focus on islands and other stuff for a while.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I am quickly learning that 1350-1370 is basically just mashing Hone on items until you get to 100% artisan energy and praying your gold supply holds out (it doesnt)

That is basically the whole game going forward FWIW. Any time you hit a success before 100% pity is a bonus. We have been pretty spoiled by the success rates up to this point, it is not at all what to expect going forward. Now it's all about getting more alts to T3 so you can burn more honing mats every few days if you are trying to stay at the cutting edge of content.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

You'll get it long before safe limit a lot of the time. On 1365->1370 ~68% of people will get it by 8 attempts with no solars and no honing books. Safe limit is quite a few attempts beyond that.

Safe limit is bottom 10% to bottom 5% of luck. 9/10 or 19/20, depending on gear, will upgrade before safe limit on any given piece. This might not hold up past +15 in some cases but it does to 1370/1415.

I've hit safe limit plenty of times, including on 14->15 weapon in t3, but it's important to look at things across all upgrades where most people have pretty average outcomes. I really recommend people start honing once per week after they hit 1350/1355.Only do it more often if you have a good reason. Being able to take 30 swings and get a few guaranteed upgrades is far less taxing & constantly walking to the npc and doing mini hones wastes a lot of time too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 9, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

I think the dead zone wouldn't feel so bad if the first t3 hard dungeon unlocked at 1355 instead of both of them being 1370. Theres just absolutely no new content for you in the very extended time between 1340 to 1370. I'm not really complaining because I'm just playing my alts more and really enjoying shock scrapper.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I just completed Argos phase 1 in matchmaking and its super fun. I don't find it super difficult and most of the mechanics are pretty obvious. I really do think most people at 1370 probably have higher player skill and can do things easier. I remember trying to do T2 underwater abyssal dungeons and no one knows how to avoid attacks or do mechanics. What is the item levels for phase 2 and 3 anyways? I suppose I will have to do party finder to get a group for those.

Also everyone seems to have their own way of doing positions. I don't know who invented the 1234 NSEW which threw people off and got people killed. I was aware of the 1234 NESW and the +3 clock rule. Plus if they were copying the asian way of doing positions, its NSWE anyways. In north america its NESW.

I did record my run if anyone is interested in what Argos is like in a sorceress point of view. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZgk_psw5F8 (I'm bad and get hit by a lot of stuff)

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
For rapport selection chests, Epic can be targetted at whoever I'm boosting at the moment but Legendary/Relic chests don't matter as long as I select the same one if I want the eventual Nia rapport skip right?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Dont quote me but I think theres one specific legendary gift that gives less rapport to men and one that gives less to women but otherwise yeah I think you just need a big stack of the same gift

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
So here's some dumb first world problem stuff. I got my Astray about a week ago and have been enjoying it especially in sailing co-ops where I can get first place buoy for the grand total of 10 coins instead of 2. But it turns out, you can't grab a speed boost buoy while you still have the speed boost from the previous one and the sailing guild mission I selected for this week requires interacting with 10 buoys for completion. So I'm going too fast and skipping every other buoy which is going to make completing this mission a pain.

No, I will not slow down or pick a different ship, I want to use speed boat Astray!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I think the dead zone wouldn't feel so bad if the first t3 hard dungeon unlocked at 1355 instead of both of them being 1370. Theres just absolutely no new content for you in the very extended time between 1340 to 1370. I'm not really complaining because I'm just playing my alts more and really enjoying shock scrapper.
Lack of stuff to do is a big problem even after 1370. I don't really like their delay valtan plan if they delay past 2nd week of May.

They're also cutting some South Vern content apparently.

The game is clearly going to be very good once we have the first few legion raids and all of the side content they haven't added yet. Why their plan is to stall and release it in weird ways is beyond me. For example, they are going to release 1415 + 1445 valtan hard at the same time even though the entry requirement for the next legion's normal is 1430. It would make more sense to do 1415 -> 1430 -> 1445 -> etcetc.

Enjoying the game as-is and trying to get a full roster ready for legion. Just a bit confused at some of the release pacing. Especially stuff like skins, they missed out on millions of dollars not having skins in the shop during launch.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Khorne posted:

The game is clearly going to be very good once we have the first few legion raids and all of the side content they haven't added yet. Why their plan is to stall and release it in weird ways is beyond me. For example, they are going to release 1415 + 1445 valtan hard at the same time even though the entry requirement for the next legion's normal is 1430. It would make more sense to do 1415 -> 1430 -> 1445 -> etcetc.

Yea this one is odd to me, especially because unless they change things even if you run Hard Valtan on release you won't be able to craft the whole set from it because it requires materials from the raid we won't even have.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Word is that Valtan released that way to begin with though, so it'd make sense that they would do it that way.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Hyper Inferno posted:

For the Guardian Raids there's a quest line that actually teaches you the mechanics of each fight. But the quest marker doesn't tell you that the next quest in the line is available, you have to remember that the NPC says where she'll be waiting for you next and head there yourself (or just look at the next guardian on the board).

Unfortunately, said quest line is extremely poorly translated and gets things very wrong. IIRC for Tytalos, it says to petrify the boss to avoid the wipe attack. Probably some subject verb object order got lost in translation.

This entire game needs a second pass on the translation/localization. Tons of weird phrasing and half-correct information.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Chocobo posted:

This entire game needs a second pass on the translation/localization. Tons of weird phrasing and half-correct information.

And a bunch of s

entences thataretyped out incorrectly to a hil

arious degree

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I like the amount of cut-off text in the progress bar for interacting with things.

[[Enter the Arkesia Grand Prix that makes all your]]

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I like the gathering progress bars that infer that at one point in the game's life all those materials went to your main inventory

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

S.J. posted:

And a bunch of s

entences thataretyped out incorrectly to a hil

arious degree

And pronounced just as badly when. They're voiced.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the voicework doesn't even match the actual dialogue on screen either, so you end up getting these phoned-in, bland performances that are also completely wrong.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Wish I could carry my home on my back.... thanks for the lift...

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Life Hack

Khorne
May 1, 2002

QuantaStarFire posted:

Word is that Valtan released that way to begin with though, so it'd make sense that they would do it that way.
This is correct, yeah.

Scatsby posted:

Wish I could carry my home on my back....
I legitimately like this voice line.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 9, 2022

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Khorne posted:

I legitimately like this voice line.

It's not a bad one, to be sure. It just really stands out since the lady sounds like she smokes a pack a day.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I love how useless the run/boost feature is for your mounts.

Like, in theory, it should be somewhat useful (like your space bar boat command), but in practice it gets hung up on bullshit 90% of the time I use it.

Just running absolutely never gets hung up on anything. Like, ever. Absolutely never. The pathing function works well for normal running, and for some reason does not when using a boost function with your mount.

It's so transparently comical, like you'll be normal running, and then the second you hit Q, or whatever, you'll immediately snag something that you 100% would not have snagged if you were to just continue regularly running.

I have to assume this is on purpose for slog design because I roll my eyes at it at least a dozen times per hour and wonder why I continue to bother with it as I'm about 90% sure I would get around faster by ignoring it altogether.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Jelly posted:

I love how useless the run/boost feature is for your mounts.

Like, in theory, it should be somewhat useful (like your space bar boat command), but in practice it gets hung up on bullshit 90% of the time I use it.

Just running absolutely never gets hung up on anything. Like, ever. Absolutely never. The pathing function works well for normal running, and for some reason does not when using a boost function with your mount.

It's so transparently comical, like you'll be normal running, and then the second you hit Q, or whatever, you'll immediately snag something that you 100% would not have snagged if you were to just continue regularly running.

I have to assume this is on purpose for slog design because I roll my eyes at it at least a dozen times per hour and wonder why I continue to bother with it as I'm about 90% sure I would get around faster by ignoring it altogether.

So it’s the games fault you can’t go ten feet without running into a wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
No there's 100% something wrong with pathing when you're using an ability, it's the most obvious if you play Gunlancer and use the Shield Charge.