Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

AtillatheBum posted:

The sooner this game gets cool new DLC for the factions the sooner I can shoot it all to death with handguns.

New factions, new LLs, new targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dandywalken posted:

IIRC Arghy is

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

SteelMentor posted:

If the Empire's so great then how come Skragg's eaten most of it by the time the second portal opens?

Checkmate Reiklanders.

Mostly because their AI is apparently nerfed to hell vs other AI, and have bad calculations into auto-resolves. And Skragg's taken a hit himself, so we'll see how that goes now.

There's also mods that mess with the Empire and Dwarf AI so they don't get penalized.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

jokes posted:

Elspeth von Draken seems like a lot of work and kinda doesn’t fit, when Liebwitz is just really rude and gives a big thumbs up to weird rear end guns which, honestly, is a solid warhammer vibe.

But also, we haven’t gotten a single elector count yet.

Vlad is an elector count. He may have married into the title, but it counts.

But we could use an elector count that is all about Guns, Guns, and More Guns.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

SteelMentor posted:

Man we have 8 new fantastical factions yet to get new characters, with 2 of them completely untapped in terms of raw potential, and all anyone wants to talk about are a bunch of squabbling nobles with mildly different hats.

The Celestial College implores me to hear you. I remain unconvinced!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Grimgor should get a mount option but it’s him using his feet to propel a car like flint stones but he’s also 2-handing an axe

Basically he’s just sitting down in a Warhammer equivalent of an office chair lazily completing his Sisyphean task of krumping the place up

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If you made a LL so badass that they didn't need a mount that's fine like no ones complaining about ungrim but generic lords that are often barely better than heroes should be crazy swiss army knives where they can spec into any role you want them to fill. I looked at the stats for kislev horses BTW and they're worse in every way to the bears where they should be getting more speed and charge damage at the very least. The boyars should get a hybrid variant with pistols and a hero to match so you can put them on horses and have them ride with your horse archers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Agreed, Grimgor SHOULD be buffed :evilbuddy:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm still so salty about TWWH3 not having immortal empires I'm just going to play TWWH2 ME

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Uhhh so i found out that you can't retreat from rift battles so i reloaded on the turn they appeared and now i'm 4 turns past that and no rifts have spawned. Did i just uncover a way to skip rifts?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Arghy posted:

Uhhh so i found out that you can't retreat from rift battles so i reloaded on the turn they appeared and now i'm 4 turns past that and no rifts have spawned. Did i just uncover a way to skip rifts?
No, they spawn moderately randomly after the roar. It seems like its within a 10ish turn of the roar?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Anyone else lazy and just autoresolve through the Demon prince rift battles? I get what they were going for, I just don't have the patience to go through it over And over. Plus it's easy to autoresolve a heroic victory anyway.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Anyone else lazy and just autoresolve through the Demon prince rift battles? I get what they were going for, I just don't have the patience to go through it over And over. Plus it's easy to autoresolve a heroic victory anyway.

I literally haven't fought a single one.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Panfilo posted:

I fought each on my first campaign to see if there was anything interesting about them, but probably will autoresolve them unless I'm with a faction or army spec I particularly love in the future. By the third one I just used my regular army to beat the first fight and used only my LL + reinforcements to push after the first spot was claimed.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I say make one of the empire factions a cathay faction instead. Make one of the ones no one cares about be secretly led by a dragon lady, a grand cathayan dragon elector count of... let's say hochland. There's already too many of the elector counts, make them cooler.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Onehandclapping posted:

I say make one of the empire factions a cathay faction instead. Make one of the ones no one cares about be secretly led by a dragon lady, a grand cathayan dragon elector count of... let's say hochland. There's already too many of the elector counts, make them cooler.

This action does not have my consent

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Between the patch, some mods, and probably too much autoresolve, I finished my first campaign in 3 today. Even with QOL improvements I think the chaos realms pretty much just suck to have to deal with, and the pacing is a little crazy once the roars start, so it felt like on the (basically pointless at that point) campaign map my legendary lord may as well not have existed anymore once they started. The start position having Slaanesh so far away from non-chaos mortals made the campaign a little boring too (and I think they included too much of the chaos wastes on the map in general), but I assume N'Kari's Immortal Empires start will be more interesting. Not that the vassal mechanics are very good, but at least getting some archers will shore up the faction's biggest weakness.

If I had to rate the game today, I'd say it's certainly playable now (so much improved from pre-patch and workshop) but below being particularly good despite some cool faction designs. Even aside from the campaign, I don't think I particularly like this map, which is a bummer since later DLC gave factions cool win conditions on the Vortex map, and I was hoping to get fun experiences with that again in this game. Not that I won't give it a shot when they get to that stuff, but I have a feeling I'll be leaning more heavily on Immortal Empires (if that comes out and is the big upgrade many of us are hoping for) than I did Mortal Empires in 2.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Yeah without the chaos wastes, the map is really just norsca, empire, mountains of morne, dark lands and Cathay. Feels a little bit small compared to the vortex map. I'm hoping they shrink the chaos wastes quite a bit in immortal empires, and maybe add a bit more east of Cathay.

At least it's possible to start a fun campaign now, with mods that turn off the rift stuff, change victory conditions, let you change your start position, and turn off settlement battles. Would like to still have settlement battles occasionally with some tweaks to the towers, but might need to wait for more mods for that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I started an Easy/Easy Skarbrand campaign to try some things out.

Despite the change to it, the bugged Khorne technology that gives every unit Vanguard Deployment, Dog Fighting, still does that. It was changed from giving Flesh Hounds vanguard deployment (which they already have) to giving them strider and more charge bonus, which I didn't think to check. But now there's no plausible deniability that it's a bug and "Flesh Hounds" isn't a general "We're all the dogs of Khorne" thing!

I think the thing where the death of the single model within the Exalted Bloodletter unit that counts as the lord of the Blood Host no longer causes the army to disappear once that battle is done. I had a battle where I got that popup, and did some experiments where I suicided the leading unit before winning a battle, and the army was still there afterwards. After those battles, the unit returned with a teensy number of models despite being wiped out. It isn't in the patch notes, but I guess it's fixed.

I also tested Khorne's Eternal War reinforcement trick, where I call the AI Khorne army on a besieging army so that the garrison I want to draw out joins the battle as reinforcements, so I don't have to deal with siege battles. I confirmed that it only works with factions that don't automatically declare war on demon factions: The other Chaos factions, Skaven, and Ogres. It does not work on Greenskins or Vampire Counts or other traditionally unsavory races.
I did not get a chance to figure out why killing the Khorne army before reinforcements arrive stops the timer when people have told me it shouldn’t.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 9, 2022

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007

dogstile posted:

What's the actual blue screen code?

Just to follow up on this, I can't remember the code but I think I've 'fixed' it by turning down settings and limiting CPU power in windows. It seems other users have had similar issues with the same GPU (RTX 3080ti). I've only ever blue screened on this system in TWW3, only since the patch and only on the campaign map. But now I can run it for more than 20 minutes I'm having a better time.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Whenever I hit 'continue campaign' on launching the game, it puts me on the last auto or quick save for some reason, even though I have more recent manual saves. Is there a way to fix this? Had to manually load my saves from the next turn the last few times I booted up.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://thegeek.games/2022/01/25/total-war-warhammer-iii-nft-sega-ca-pc/

Apparently Sega's trying to speedrun the "lose all the goodwill you've built up over the past 6 years, any%" category. gently caress NFTs.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gonkish posted:

https://thegeek.games/2022/01/25/total-war-warhammer-iii-nft-sega-ca-pc/

Apparently Sega's trying to speedrun the "lose all the goodwill you've built up over the past 6 years, any%" category. gently caress NFTs.

Sega's already expressed Interest in the past but backdowned. I would not expect NFTs with Total War. Pretty much what the guy is saying is, "I don't like the idea, but if Sega says we do we do. It may not come to that anyway."

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, hopefully they back down. NFT bullshit on top of a rocky launch? They'd kill the loving game.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

How would NFT's be included and why would this be a bad thing? People have talked about NFT's in games in the past and i have no idea why everyones angry isn't it just stupid cosmetics? Unless their gonna use everyones computers to mine bitcoins i don't really care if they scam people with pictures of monkeys.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Arghy's vision includes burning down all the forests, I'm not sure it's such a good idea anymore.

Less flippantly, NFTs eat up massive amount of electricity for 0 gain other than scamming people out of money, it's a terrible trend and insanely wasteful.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Arghy posted:

How would NFT's be included and why would this be a bad thing? People have talked about NFT's in games in the past and i have no idea why everyones angry isn't it just stupid cosmetics? Unless their gonna use everyones computers to mine bitcoins i don't really care if they scam people with pictures of monkeys.

There is no way to implement any kind of blockchain-related anything that isnt tremendously environmentally wasteful for essentially no gain.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
NFts fundamentally are used to get people into crypto.

It is a waste of money and resources and power.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Have a nice short 2 hour video on NFTs arghy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arghy posted:

It’s also a Pyramid Scheme scam on top of what the others said about the waste.

Still don’t expect anything, This is just one site looking for clicks, I imagine there would be more talk about it if Sega wanted to get into NFTs.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I really hate NFT people. DTF people are pretty cool though

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
luckily this wont happen because nft's are already dead in the water

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

So is Warhammer 3 (mostly kidding)

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Still no sled for Katarin. :negative:

The modding community has let me down again.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Haha i know how stupid and wasteful cryptos are i was just wondering if people thought NFT's were more wasteful and dumb on top of that. Paid cosmetics are pretty much a scam too just like all micro transactions so it doesn't surprise me that gaming companies would wanna do something shady.

Deep rock galactic is the only game that has done cosmetics right but you can't expect all game devs to be the perfect saints that they the DRG devs are.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game will get better with more updates, the devs will make it good, and awesome. Right? RIGHT??? :negative:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
yeah, probably

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

This game will get better with more updates, the devs will make it good, and awesome. Right? RIGHT??? :negative:

I mean WH2 was pretty loving amazing and the modders filled in for all the devs failings so honestly all they need to do is give us a giant map and modding tools then the price will be worth it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still hoping for Estalia and Tilea one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Arghy posted:

Haha i know how stupid and wasteful cryptos are i was just wondering if people thought NFT's were more wasteful and dumb on top of that. Paid cosmetics are pretty much a scam too just like all micro transactions so it doesn't surprise me that gaming companies would wanna do something shady.

Deep rock galactic is the only game that has done cosmetics right but you can't expect all game devs to be the perfect saints that they the DRG devs are.

You don't understand. NFTs ARE more wasteful since the process of creating them is seperate from the process of creating the crypto used to buy it. We're upset that on top of forests bieng burned down to create cryptocurrency, other forests are bieng burned down to create the NFTs.