Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

bike tory posted:

I'm going to continue posting lots of these memes in this thread so recommend you chuck me on ignore or skip over them if they're not your cup of tea.

Can you at least consider not posting them in such huge chunks? I don't even dislike all of your memes but every few days you make a gigantic post like this and halfway through I get exhausted.

It doesn't even facilitate a good discussion of the memes themselves because it's also a pain in the rear end to quote your post, and find which of the 30 imgur links is the one that I want to respond to (and then people who don't bother with that and just quote the post as is create a huge quote in their post of all of your memes.)

If I just wanted to read a bunch of memes and no discussion of them/the topics they cover, I'd just go on imgur or reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Post lots of memes but multiple smaller posts is indeed better for several reasons yes please

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
If you post too many memes at once, people will start quoting your post, so watch out for that.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Thatcher is currently best known for tinkle-down interment

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i come bearing 1 (one) silmarillion meme because i respect the suggestion that we break up stuff into smaller posts and not at all because i'm too lazy to look up more now

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I usually post memes whenever I go off on some :goonsay: bullshit so I'd like to offer a user's suggestion that every single person who bitches about a meme has to post at least two in response to offset the loving :goonsay:

Here I'll start:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The memes must be discussed!

You must give us time to debate the memes, sir!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

How many memes do y'all want per post

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

How many can you fit in there. gently caress me up BT

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gape my mussy with them memes

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

bike tory posted:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Enough so that when you do this:

bike tory posted:

mood

Boquila trifoliolata is a plant that changes its leaf shape to mimic the foliage of nearby plants, with most studies suggesting it does so to avoid predators. It was thought Boquila achieved this via some sort of horizontal gene transfer, until it was discovered that it did not need to be in contact with a host plant in order to mimic it. Other explanations were then proposed, such as some sort of bacterial mediation of gene transfer, or perhaps via organic compounds from the host plant released into the air eliciting a phenotypic response. This was all blown wide open recently by the discovery that the plant can mimic plastic and other fake "host" plants. The best explanation now is that it has some sort of sensory organ capable of "seeing" the shape of host plant foliage. Amazing poo poo tbqh.

Marxist-Leninists, aka "I'm fine with capitalism so long as the state is in control" believers, love to trot out this little strawman as though anarchism is opposed to organisational structures that are free from oppression and coersion. It's funny as heck tho.

You've made it to the end so as a bonus treat enjoy some memes to commemorate Maggie Thatcher's death, which had it's anniversary this week:

and then someone else does this

The Anime Liker posted:

bike tory posted:

mood

Boquila trifoliolata is a plant that changes its leaf shape to mimic the foliage of nearby plants, with most studies suggesting it does so to avoid predators. It was thought Boquila achieved this via some sort of horizontal gene transfer, until it was discovered that it did not need to be in contact with a host plant in order to mimic it. Other explanations were then proposed, such as some sort of bacterial mediation of gene transfer, or perhaps via organic compounds from the host plant released into the air eliciting a phenotypic response. This was all blown wide open recently by the discovery that the plant can mimic plastic and other fake "host" plants. The best explanation now is that it has some sort of sensory organ capable of "seeing" the shape of host plant foliage. Amazing poo poo tbqh.

Marxist-Leninists, aka "I'm fine with capitalism so long as the state is in control" believers, love to trot out this little strawman as though anarchism is opposed to organisational structures that are free from oppression and coersion. It's funny as heck tho.

You've made it to the end so as a bonus treat enjoy some memes to commemorate Maggie Thatcher's death, which had it's anniversary this week:

:hmmyes:

it doesn't feel like I'm putting strain on my scroll wheel

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

what have you done

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

mind the walrus posted:

I usually post memes whenever I go off on some :goonsay: bullshit so I'd like to offer a user's suggestion that every single person who bitches about a meme has to post at least two in response to offset the loving :goonsay:

Here I'll start:]

]

I'll stand for a lot of bullshittery in the meme thread, but this is ridiculous, boneless wings are whole meat chicken, usually chunks of beast, nuggets are ground, processed and bindered into shapes, they're texturally nothing alike.

I will not stand for this disinformation campaign, and if I walk into your fine dining establishment, order some mango habanero wings, and get served nuggets I will come back into your kitchen and poo poo in your deep fryer.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Apr 10, 2022

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

bike tory posted:

mood

and then someone else does this

The Anime Liker posted:

Scholtz posted:

[quote="bike tory" post="522707433"]

mood

:hmmyes:

it doesn't feel like I'm putting strain on my scroll wheel

Ok i think i understand

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
At least the bad song lyrics didn't take so much time to scroll through.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

apatheticman posted:

All that scrolling gives you time to get crankin'.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Agents are GO! posted:

All that scrolling gives you time to get crankin'.

and all that crankin' gives you time to read bad song lyrics

it's, like, the circle of life or something

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ownership is distinct from possession

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

apatheticman posted:

Idk they went on for like 4 pages, that was a lot of scrolling with no pictures

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If scrolling exhausts you you need to work on your cardio

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bismuth posted:

Idk they went on for like 4 pages, that was a lot of scrolling with no pictures

Memes can be text too, as long as it's a dumb joke being run into the ground.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Dude I got biceps on my thumb

and some quadriceps and a glute

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bring back the brother jonathan rules

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

The Anime Liker posted:

In a thread where multiple posters have confessed their attraction to underage actresses

When did this happen?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
A lot of politics memes is far superior to having like 30 LOTR memes spammed in a row, in which you basically have to have the ghost of JRR Tolkien inhabit your body to begin to understand

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

bring back the brother jonathan rules

All memes must be about trains

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

trapped mouse posted:

When did this happen?

LOL I thought I was in the RLM gbs thread somehow

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Seth Pecksniff posted:

A lot of politics memes is far superior to having like 30 LOTR memes spammed in a row, in which you basically have to have the ghost of JRR Tolkien inhabit your body to begin to understand

ban this sick filth

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:pusheen:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Thems some serious fightin’ words, partner.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

sorry, i need my memes isolated by theme so i know whether to scroll or stop and enjoy. you put thatcher memes and lotr memes together and my hog gets confused

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

luchadornado posted:

so i know whether to scroll or stop and enjoy
whoa, hang on. you can scroll, or you can stop, but enjoying has never been on the table. dehumanize yourself and face to mem

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

I should buy a boat

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Worst post of the thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

What can men do against such reckless hate ??

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

:hai: