Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Once you turn 60 years old you can no longer work and for the benefit of humanity are processed into Soylent Garfaccino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

How the gently caress is a plane dumping fuel Greta thunbergs fault

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Well, you see it's like this:

Nathen is both very, very stupid and also very, very mentally ill. And I mean both quite literally and seriously.

Also the fact that he's quebecoise and I somehow never put two and two together with him just being a giant rear end in a top hat to people like that fight attendant finally dawned on me.

In regards to him ending up like Doobie, I dunno.
Two stupid men, who failed at terrible ideas for restaurants, from lovely parts of their respective countries, and both having terrible accents and tinges of bigotry?

... Eh I'm not seeing the similarity

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mega64 posted:

There's literally an "And the entire plane clapped for me" in there.

Hashtag ladygaga (???)

I’ve never seen anyone just add hashtags into the middle of their stories like that. They usually come at the end right? I think it’d be a fun game just to list all the hashtags and then try and guess what he’s ranting about.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

#Canada

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

People hashtag everything wherever they think it fits grandpa

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Big Beef City posted:

Well, you see it's like this:
He's quebecois

What's being Quebecois got anything to.do with being a stuck-up, boorish snob? Eh?!

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Hey,

Does anyone have that Garfield comic where Jon tells Garfield to do "Vagina Face"?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

zaepg posted:

Hey,

Does anyone have that Garfield comic where Jon tells Garfield to do "Vagina Face"?

Are you thinking of this one?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I like that his thread goes from 1/9 to 8/8 to 10/10 to 11/11

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

sharknado slashfic posted:

I like that his thread goes from 1/9 to 8/8 to 10/10 to 11/11

Desperately @ing Elon for that edit button

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Hashtag ladygaga (???)

I’ve never seen anyone just add hashtags into the middle of their stories like that. They usually come at the end right? I think it’d be a fun game just to list all the hashtags and then try and guess what he’s ranting about.

Going to guess he's just adding popular tags and @s that he knows people watch, because that might get his post more attention.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Dump.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I fear I am becoming addicted to Nathfield. It has taken hold and I will resent its absence.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I fear I am becoming addicted to Nathfield. It has taken hold and I will resent its absence.

It's called entergagement

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

Are you thinking of this one?

No, but that's awesome.

EDIT - I believe it was an edit of this comic. Jon tells Garfield to make vagina face.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 10, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

zaepg posted:

No, but that's awesome.

EDIT - I believe it was an edit of this comic. Jon tells Garfield to make vagina face.

More like rear end face.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks @gretathurnberg is the hardest I've laughed itt, and I've been here since it was about an app

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 10, 2022

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's like "my car broke down. Thanks #5thguyfromtheleftinthesecondrowoftheSgtPeppersLonelyHeartsClubBandalbumcover"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The problem is all these stupid old people.

<proceeds to blame arbitrary event on a 19-year-old>

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He may be under the impression that Greta is a Boomer since they all complain about her constantly

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have a sinking feeling he's gonna do something severely criminal one of these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYtCmYcYBoU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Killingyouguy! posted:

I think he's calling her attention to the fuel dump, not blaming her

He's really obsessed with the "Youth is an asset" thing, it's everywhere in all of his concepts and ads, whether it belongs or not. Developing an app? Opening a restaurant? Working as a flight attendant? Licensing intellectual property? Youth is an asset, across the board!

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 10, 2022

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Dumping jet fuel is laughably a drop in an ocean of problems. It's really minor in the scale of things.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Dumping it is honestly probably even less of a problem than burning it

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Powerful Katrinka posted:

He's really obsessed with the "Youth is an asset" thing, it's everywhere in all of his concepts and ads, whether it belongs or not. Developing an app? Opening a restaurant? Working as a flight attendant? Licensing intellectual property? Youth is an asset, across the board!

A lot of Nathen's personality seems to be wrapped up in the idea that he's awesome because he's a member of the younger generations who will change the world, and his dad sucks because he's a boomer clinging to the past.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Yaldabaoth posted:

A lot of Nathen's personality seems to be wrapped up in the idea that he's awesome because he's a member of the younger generations who will change the world, and his dad sucks because he's a boomer clinging to the past.

Thank goodness he'll never age. Not only is youth an asset, but it can never be taken away from you!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

"Good job @GretaThunberg" is not calling attention to something, it's sarcasm and it's either blaming her directly or trying to say that her UN speech didn't fix all the world's environmental problems.

Like someone else said, he's incredibly loving stupid and has no idea how to communicate like a regular person.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Aging twink syndrome

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Elephant Ambush posted:

"Good job @GretaThunberg" is not calling attention to something, it's sarcasm and it's either blaming her directly or trying to say that her UN speech didn't fix all the world's environmental problems.

Like someone else said, he's incredibly loving stupid and has no idea how to communicate like a regular person.

Or a sarcastic "Good job" at the airline and the @ was to get her attention, grammar and punctuation aren't Nathen's strong suit when he's in a snit

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm absolutely convinced the dude is actually 38 or 39 years old.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

A CRAB IRL posted:

I mean, I’m pretty sure everyone itt thinks that. Just look at him

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

A CRAB IRL posted:

He's definitely in the midst of a Dan Nainan situation

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Maybe this whole bloody mess is actually a very elaborate midlife crisis.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

what do you mean "maybe"?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The deafening silence from the lack of any entergagement on his tweets must be some Edgar Allen Poe poo poo to him.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Ghostlight posted:

what do you mean "maybe"?

Now it feels like all the pieces have fallen into place to explain why Nathen is the way he is.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Gildiss posted:

The deafening silence from the lack of any entergagement on his tweets must be some Edgar Allen Poe poo poo to him.

Quote tweeteth the raven, nevermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

Thank goodness he'll never age. Not only is youth an asset, but it can never be taken away from you!

He's a cartoon cat now. Cartoons are always young.