Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hire a helicopter to airdrop all these folks into a volcano, an acid vat is too small

ego vs the volcano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm personally rooting for Logan's run.

this situation would be net-improved by everyone in it over 30 going to Carousel.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

Was I(29f) overreacting about my husbands(31m) female friend(29f)?

The inherent belief that men and women can't just be friends is so prevalent most people take it as fact, but the scenario as described is she was the girl he fawned over and never got with while she slept around and is still pursuing her to this day. Getting matching tattoos is a common thing for really close friends but the context makes it seem like he'll literally do anything she asked to try and bring her closer to wanting him.

Even if he's not interested wanting to have 'sleepovers' past the age of 20 is a very weird request.

edit: Oh, and the thing about her having no female friends, that's always a red flag.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 10, 2022

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Hughlander posted:

I'll take walking HR violations for $100 please

AITA? For not wearing a wedding ring and making my coworker think I'm single?

Print out pictures of his dick and put them all round the office. If you had to see it, then everyone else should too.

Then file a police report for harassment, just for fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s weird is her being single or not shouldn’t matter?

She told him to stop before the pics so marriage status isn’t exactly doing much

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for losing it at my boyfriend for asking if I know who Hans Zimmer is?

God, what a tiresome rear end in a top hat. Although, you could have a few laughs before your presumable plan to dump him:

This guy needs to get together with the lady that had to turn every single second of her kids’ lives into a “learning experience”

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

What’s weird is her being single or not shouldn’t matter?

She told him to stop before the pics so marriage status isn’t exactly doing much

This must be a red state/bible belt location where women, sorry FEMALES, are looked on as property.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Maroon Hawk posted:

This guy needs to get together with the lady that had to turn every single second of her kids’ lives into a “learning experience”

Oh God, that. Were there any updates on that sad situation?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

CommissarMega posted:

Oh God, that. Were there any updates on that sad situation?

There was a bit of one, but no real conclusion. It's unfortunately deleted and I can't find a copy of the post itself, but the replies are here.

The gist is that he got a call from his kid's teacher who raised concerns about the kid struggling to work out what to do in unstructured time, realised he had to do something, sat his wife down, insisted on therapy, and didn't give her a chance to argue back, but it didn't mention anything about how she reacted or how any of that worked out.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Piell posted:

AITA for demanding that my wife and child take my surname?

"Probably".

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Yeah I caught that, too. Enby or no, this person has internalized some toxic poo poo they're trying to justify with flimsy logic and then isn't even applying it equally in their own hypotheticals. Just garbage behavior.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

quantumwell posted:

This must be a red state/bible belt location where women, sorry FEMALES, are looked on as property.

yes, good thing misogyny doesn’t exist in democratland

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for refusing to get on a flight?

quote:

My boyfriend’s parents paid for them, my boyfriend’s siblings and their SO to all go on a flight to Cabo for spring break. Becky his mom hasn’t seem to like me for some reason she always makes snide remarks about my parents blue collar jobs and my field is nursing.

We get to the airport and Becky got 7 other people first class tickets and me 1 coach ticket. She told me I was used to it and she had a free coach ticket so I should be grateful for going. They all did their express check ins and left me in the long line for me to think about what the heck is going on. I had to keep from crying the whole time in line. I got up to the counter and there was a baggage fee to me. My boyfriend at the time never once helped me through the coach line or said anything to his mom. I looked over at his mom’s smug face as I was about to pay the checked baggage fee. And I let all of my frustrations out on the attendant and started crying. Basically she said don’t go with that family sweetie they don’t appreciate you. Continues to cry and took my luggage and got out and got out of line with the super sweet check in woman. I was so upset on how I was treated and started crying on my boyfriend in the airport about how his mother was treating me.

I broke up with him at the airport and his mother was so embarrassed. I told her what a bitch she was. My boyfriend has been blowing up my phone saying how could I do that to his mother and just back out of a vacation very last minute and wasted everyone’s time and money.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

AITA for not letting my niece be the flowergirl and instead having my cat be the flowerboy instead?

quote:

My husband 35M and I 29F are getting married in May, it’s important to note that him and my in-laws are incredibly wealthy and practically throw money around like it’s nothing, they paid for our wedding in full. My sister 34F and I were always clsoe but once my started dating my fiancé, she started distancing herself from me and when I confronted her about it, she claimed that she felt like I was becoming snobby and rude with my new lifestyle and that it would be best for her mental health if we went low contact. We haven’t talked that much for the past 3 years because of this, and I respect her choice.

Last December at my family reunion, I announced my engagement and everyone congratulated me except for my sister, I didn’t think much of it but it still hurt a lot. Two months ago, I invited my parents the see the wedding venue and this is when I brought up the idea of making my cat the flowerboy everyone who was there at the time, my husband, in-laws, and parents all thought it was a great and cute idea so I bought a white dress for him and we’ve been practicing his walk down the aisle since then.

No one else knew about this but about two week ago my sister called me out of the blue to discuss my wedding with me. This was extremely weird but I thought this was a chance for us to get close again. Once she brought up the flowerboy or girl though, I knew where the conversation was going. She has three kids 8F, 6M and 3F.

She brought up the idea of the oldest being the flowergirl and I told her what my plan was and that it was set in stone that my cat would be the flowerboy; she sounded shocked and asked my I didn’t think of my neice, and I just told her that she didn’t cross my mind when thinking about it. She went off on this whole tangent about how I was a terrible sister, daughter and aunt, then hung up on me.

A while later I started getting phone calls from family about how selfish I was being and that I wad making a dumb choice. She made a facebook post about the phone call. I called her back the next to confront her about it and she said that the money really got to my head if I thought of a “stupid cat” instead of my own niece and I told her that once she had her own wedding she could make her own daughter the flowergirl.

This hit a nerve for her as she had children out of wedlock and has been struggling financially for a long time so a wedding for her is unattainable. I also uninvited her to the wedding and since then lots of family members have come to basically shame me for my decision to make my cat the flowerboy instead of my neice, and that I should reinvite my sister as she’s been depressed ever since I uninvited her. This whole ordeal that really taken a tole on me and even my parents called to say that I should’ve just changed my plans or had a small ceremony afterwards where my cat was the flowerboy but left the main event with my neice as the flowergirl. So AITA for making my cat the flowerboy?

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 10, 2022

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to get on a flight?

Good thing Petra is moonlighting as an attendant.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mediaphage posted:

AITA for not letting my niece be the flowergirl and instead having my cat be the flowerboy instead?

A bold move, I approve.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
We cut the cake to instrumental "Still Alive". It was a triumph.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I was taught that you should approach stop signs by decelerating so slowly you don't rock forward when you come to a full stop. My husband ... was not.

sorry for ancient post reply but amen to this. Whenever a situation presents itself where choosing from one or more friends or family to ride with, I always go for whoever I can trust to never accelerate or decelerate so fast as to make anyone lurch this way or that. Some folks love to accelerate to as fast as the limit before quickly stopping at the next stop sign that was visible the entire time.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

mediaphage posted:

Just uninvite anyone who brings up the flower girl poo poo. Just straight up tell them "if you mention the flower girl poo poo you're no longer invited." These people are soul sucking drama goblins.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Beachcomber posted:

We cut the cake to instrumental "Still Alive". It was a triumph.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hughlander posted:

I texted him saying that I'm married and he was being inappropriate. He texted saying I was lying about being married to get him off my back

He said he was trying to get close to me and I should've told him I'm married from the get go

I want to know what more she could have done because she told him she was married and his reaction was "lol no you're not." There was literally no stopping this guy since telling him "I'm not interested in you" was read as "I desperately want your cock and am playing hard to get."

I know the true crime was making a soulless man who believes he is god's gift to women feel bad but just come on.

I'm sure if he met her husband at an office get together he would flip out on her for not being available to him and leading him on by her existing.

I will say

quote:

He sent him a text back saying "sorry bud, small objects are a chocking hazard for her"
Is one HELL of a burn. Like we don't even need to touch him with any kind of flame, that dude just self immolated.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

thetan_guy42 posted:

Is it just me or is the acronym usage on this sub just wildly gratuitous

YTAH

You're the acronym hater.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

mediaphage posted:

This sounds like a miserable and stressful experience for the cat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Khanstant posted:

sorry for ancient post reply

No you're not.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Hughlander posted:

I'll take walking HR violations for $100 please

there's so many contradictions in this story there is no way this is a thing that happened or they are just very bad at communicating or something

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

mediaphage posted:

yes, good thing misogyny doesn’t exist in democratland

That's why nothing bad has happened in LA related to race.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

That's why nothing bad has happened in LA related to race.

The cops in LA must be exemplary. Cops in the rest of the country should probably take note.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My(26F) GF (27F) of 2 years is going to another country to meet this girl

quote:

My GF (2years) is planning to see this girl (She's gay too) in the UK. (We live in Ireland). She got flights and spend a lot of money on accommodation for 4 days (Easter holidays). She met this girl on Instagram
and they have never met in person, and in the last few weeks, they've been playing Fortnite (with mic) non-stop until 4/5 AM. My GF also told me they are texting non stop and even when she's lying in bed next to me she's texting her at midnight.

She also doesn't want me to tag along because it would be awkward for her friend, she's saying she will be 3rd wheeling. (Me and my GF go away all the time, and travelling is one of our passions). Her other reason is I have to stay at home as we have 2 foster dogs (Which gets taken care by family/friends when we are away usually)

2 weeks ago, she spend the whole Saturday evening on the phone to this girl as she was going to jump off a bridge. Which I think its amazing of my GF to help her, but the girl needs to see a professional, as we are not trained to deal with these kind of situations non stop.

My GF did reassure me that its completely Platonic, but its just such a weird situation and a lot of money is being involved as well. I am not sure if I should be worried, or am I overreacting?

TL;DR Gf of 2 years is going to see a girl shes never met before and theyve been chatting nonstop. Spend a lot of money on flights and accommodation

WWPD

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for wanting to profit of a deal I made?

quote:

My ex and I separated in 2021. We were living together and shared costs of living. When we broke up, I moved out. We made the deal he would continue living there and I wouldn't pay a cent from the moment I moved out. So far, so good.

My question is about the energy and gas bill. It's in my name. There's no reason for that, we could only sign one name and we chose mine. We tried to transfer it to his name, but that's not possible. Probably because of the latest gas prices. The contact doesn't end for a few more years. So our options were:

We continue the current contract on my name. He pays me monthly what is owed to the company.

He gets a new contract and I keep the current one.

We both prefer option one. Option two is bad for both of us. I don't need this current contract, since I found a new place were utilities are included in the rent. So I'd be paying for something I don't use. He can't afford a new contract due to the current gas prices. Thus, option one. We agreed on this verbally.

However, recently I realized this could benefit me. My ex currently gets a really good deal because gas prices were low when we got the contract. So I told him I'd like him to pay me more. Somewhere still more affordable than a new contract for him, but giving me a nice little monthly extra. We both win, right?

Well, he blew his lid when I said it. I tried to explain that we both win and that he should be grateful. It's in my name after all. He said he couldn't afford something like that or a new contract and would need to find alternative housing. He said we already discussed this and had a deal, that we put in practice already. But the verbal agreement is just that, verbal. So no need to stick to it. He said that it doesn't cost me anything to keep our initial agreement. That he pays for the whole bill. But in my perspective, I'm the middle man and I deserve my cut. Without me, no contract for my ex.

I thought his emotions would pass, but they haven't. We were friendly with each other, but he's been cold. His friends and family told me I'm an rear end in a top hat. But I'm doing us both a favour. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: okay fine I get it, I'm an rear end in a top hat for looking out for myself. I guess if I had thought of this sooner, I wouldn't be, but now I am.

Edit 2: alright, I am the rear end in a top hat. The reason I made the first edit is because there was a lot of emphasis on breaking the verbal agreement in the comments. But I see why he's upset. I meant no harm, but I would be an rear end in a top hat even without the verbal agreement. I'll let him know I'll honour the original agreement and hope he doesn't sue me for things that are apparently illegal.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Captain Hygiene posted:

My(26F) GF (27F) of 2 years is going to another country to meet this girl

WWPD

you can charter a u haul flight now?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for wanting to profit of a deal I made?

Sounds like OP is really hoping to come back to the ex. I can't imagine breaking up with someone like that and keeping my name on a bill for them, like mandating that we have regular monthly contact over money issues, even if it was perfectly amicable.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for being angry with my fiance over the prank he pulled?

quote:

I(28F) and my fiance(28M) have been together for 8 years. We met during college and we are both really excited for the future. He has a twin brother that lives overseas. They look exactly very closely alike. It is hard to tell the different at times. I have met his brother a few times over the years. He hasn't been able to visit due to the pandemic.

My family was having a large reunion this past weekend. My fiance complained about the reunion and told me he could not to attend. I told him that it would mean a lot to me and he could meet more of my relatives. The day of the reunion, he tells me that he will meet me there. I get to the reunion and I see him sitting in his car. He was wearing a baseball hat and seemed in a good mood. While we were chatting with family members, my Aunt asked him what he did for a living and he answered. I started to see something off, but kept my moth shut. When I got home, I saw my fiance sitting on the couch playing a video game. I asked if he had a good time at the reunion and he told me he did.

I then asked for him to tell my cousins name was. He thought about it for a long minute and then started laughing. He told me that his twin brother attended the reunion and he was dropped off by a friend. I was so angry with him that I asked him to leave so I could think everything through.

He went to stay with a friend and I'm still so devastated that he would pull this kind of prank on me. My parents are very upset with him and are being very supportive. He thinks I'm being dramatic and there was no harm in what he did.

AITA for suggesting that my brother babysit?

quote:

I have three siblings. My youngest brother "Merck" is 20 and the only one without kids. There are six kids between the three of us ranging from 4 to 10 years old.

Our family (my parents, kids, siblings and spouses and Merck's girlfriend) are going to take a weeklong summer vacation on a cruise ship. My siblings and I are paying except for Merck and his girlfriend who has no money.

We were discussing the details and the issue of babysitting came up. Everyone was concerned about who would watch the kids if we wanted to go to a bar or have other adult stuff.

I suggested Merck. He can't drink and it's fair since we are paying for him and his girlfriend. It would actually be fun and something the kids will remember. They love their uncle. Plus it's good for Merck to spend time with his nephews.

Everyone thought it was a good idea except for Merck. He's furious over the suggestion but he's literally getting a free trip. I even offered to get him and his girlfriend their own room with a balcony.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
they're all going to get covid on the cruise ship lol

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Everywhere I've lived gas and electric prices are billed at current rate. This sounds like they're locked into a low rate and can't change the name because the companies are trying to force them to switch to a worse rate?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for switching from non dairy to dairy milk and inadvertently making my flatmate poo poo herself in an interview?

quote:

I'm not lactose intolerant, I buy hazelnut milk because I like to have hazelnut syrup in my coffee and adding hazelnut milk makes it even more nutty. My flatmate is severely lactose intolerant though and has been drinking my milk ever since she moved in a few months ago. I don't have an issue sharing milk with her but the issue is that she drinks so much of it all day every day that I'll get a single cup of coffee out of an entire carton, sometimes she'll drink the entire carton before I've even had a single drink, and then she never replaces it or refunds me or even acknowledges that it wasn't hers to drink. At some point she stopped buying her own milk and I was having to buy new milk daily.

I asked her many times why she was drinking my milk, and said that if she does can she just buy a new carton, and she would say sorry and that she just grabbed the first milk she saw and that she'd get me a new one but just never would. She started getting annoyed when I brought it up and would say I was being overdramatic when I mentioned how much it was costing me.

Last week I got sick of it and decided to go back to drinking dairy milk, thinking that as she's severely lactose intolerant she would stop and buy her own milk. I thought wrong. The dairy milk is clearly labelled, it has a bright red label on it that says cow's milk but she still helped herself. Unfortunately the day she decided to drink dairy milk was the day she had a new job interview, and the affects of the dairy laced coffee she took with her kicked in as she was in the middle of it and she didn't make it in time. She came home absolutely furious and layed into me about how I ruined her life, how this job was the opportunity she needed and I destroyed it for her by being a selfish oval office and that I did it deliberately because I was too uptight to share my milk.

Here are the reasons why my flatmate thinks I am in the wrong: I knew she was lactose intolerant and so knew if she drank my milk she would get violently ill, so by switching to dairy milk when I knew she was drinking my milk and might potentially drink it again I was putting her at risk. She also said that sharing milk isn't a big deal and that I'm selfish, she thinks I was overreacting and being cruel just for the sake of it and that I should have spoken to her about it instead of secretly changing milks.

She has threatened to report me to the police but I don't think she has a leg to stand on. Regardless she is making our flat very uncomfortable to live in, she's taken my leftovers from the fridge and opened up my milk and left it to ruin, leaves all her mess everywhere for me to clean up and has "misplaced" documents of mine.

TLDR: I switched from non dairy milk to dairy milk as my lactose intolerant flatmate was drinking all of mine. She drank some and ended up having diarrhoea in a job interview. AITA?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
^^^^^^ that flatmate can go get hosed, what a lunatic

Big lol @ calling the police over milk

Piell posted:

It was kind of lovely but relatively low stakes? I don't know if I'd throw away an 8 year relationship over it. Did the brother make any moves or attempt to get physical with her or anything that would make this unforgivable?

sephiRoth IRA fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 11, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Hello, police? I drank my roommate's milk, causing me to poop my pants, and-" *click*

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
At least he didn't get his twin to stand in at the wedding

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mx. posted:

AITA for switching from non dairy to dairy milk and inadvertently making my flatmate poo poo herself in an interview?

:sever: her spinal cord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

someone repost the steppe incel story, we have a steppe weeb