Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zil posted:

I think she just had oral surgery and that is in the waiting room afterwards. Families love to record people coming out of anesthesia for laughs.

Coming out of colonoscopy anesthesia is great. You're still disoriented but also entertained with a symphony of farts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Pours one out for the fallen Beastie Boy

Whyyy? MCA!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Rexxed posted:

She just had some dental surgery and probably has some gauze or something in her cheek, which kind of explains the whole thing.

so, some kind of dental dam?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I make hammie scrambies for my toddler.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Empty Sandwich posted:

This is worse than the tucked or untucked question

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
If you eat rear end properly, it's clean when you're done. Then you just gargle some listerine and presto! You and your partner can now enjoy more hygienic, minty fresh rear end eating.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The Easter Egg villain nobody wanted: Re-Animator Man.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

canyoneer posted:

Coming out of colonoscopy anesthesia is great. You're still disoriented but also entertained with a symphony of farts

I want to also let you know that this occurs a solid 30 minutes AFTER you are totally sobered up, too.

With a nice little water poo poo to cap it off.

Cartoon fart sound effects ain’t got poo poo on colonoscopy farts.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

This is very educational thread.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

Lol

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Billie Eilish is pretty broken up about YMCA

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The Easter Egg villain nobody wanted: Re-Animator Man.

I swear that entire movie was a setup for the "getting head" pun.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

canyoneer posted:

also free juice box!

i used to think man i could totally do heroin once and not get addicted but im always excited for my colonoscopy anesthesia. so now im like yeah i dont think i can do any drugs and not get addicted

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snergle posted:

also free juice box!

i used to think man i could totally do heroin once and not get addicted but im always excited for my colonoscopy anesthesia. so now im like yeah i dont think i can do any drugs and not get addicted

I've had fentanyl a few times for procedures and not remembered feeling good at all. It's been fully under stuff though so maybe that would make a difference.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

snergle posted:

but im always excited for my colonoscopy anesthesia.

It is unironically the best. It’s like the best sleep in the world after getting home too.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Inceltown posted:

I've had fentanyl a few times for procedures and not remembered feeling good at all. It's been fully under stuff though so maybe that would make a difference.

yeah mine was fully under idk what it is but its the best nice warm feeling spreading through your arm then you wake up with cotton mouth but fully rested 30mins later but the nice nurse gives you a juice box to wet your mouth.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Reminds me of The Chimney of Surprise

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mr. Sunshine posted:

If you eat rear end properly, it's clean when you're done. Then you just gargle some listerine and presto! You and your partner can now enjoy more hygienic, minty fresh rear end eating.
Just have your partner butt chug the Listerine and save time.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Knormal posted:

Just have your partner butt chug the Listerine and save time.
A diet coke enema and a couple mentos will clear you right out

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

A diet coke enema and a couple mentos will clear you right out

Ah the reverse tubgirl

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It is unironically the best. It’s like the best sleep in the world after getting home too.

The best medical sleep I ever had was after a migraine cocktail IV that included benadryl. The nurse started the benadryl and I had just enough time to hand my book to my mom before I passed out. I vaguely remember riding in the car and then I woke up in my childhood bedroom some 12 hours later.

Sadly it didn't do much for my headache, but man that was a nice reprieve.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
James the Amazing Randi said the best magic trick he ever saw was by an anesthesiologist on the job.

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a magician."
"Oh yeah? Breathe this. Want to see a magic trick? 5, 4..."
[Randi is suddenly in another room, the anesthesiologist is talking to him]
"...3, 2, 1"

They're pretty incredible. And good thing too.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I get a treatment every ~6 weeks that’s a sub-anesthetic IV ketamine dose (0.85 mg/kg I believe) and in addition to being flat-out miraculous for my depression it’s always a really nice time.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Subjunctive posted:

I get a treatment every ~6 weeks that’s a sub-anesthetic IV ketamine dose (0.85 mg/kg I believe) and in addition to being flat-out miraculous for my depression it’s always a really nice time.

Ket infusions are pretty fun.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've heard a theory for how k and esketamine work is that the chemical imbalances that cause depression are themselves caused by overworked or stressed neurons in the brain, often as a result of trauma, and the drug helps strengthen the neurons.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've heard a theory for how k and esketamine work is that the chemical imbalances that cause depression are themselves caused by overworked or stressed neurons in the brain, often as a result of trauma, and the drug helps strengthen the neurons.

So doing ketamine is like going to the gym for your mind?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagined posted:

James the Amazing Randi said the best magic trick he ever saw was by an anesthesiologist on the job.

"So what do you do?"
"I'm a magician."
"Oh yeah? Breathe this. Want to see a magic trick? 5, 4..."
[Randi is suddenly in another room, the anesthesiologist is talking to him]
"...3, 2, 1"

They're pretty incredible. And good thing too.

Had some dental work done a while back, and the anesthesiologist said "Its gonna feel like you've had 20 beers at once and then you're out"

Went from sober to the groggiest I've ever felt in my life in a split second, then all I remember is waking up.

10/10 would smash 20 beers in a second again

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Subjunctive posted:

If my TMS doesn't work out, this is what I'm gunning at

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mechanical Pencil posted:

Good luck on the TMS, those crazy magnets work for some people. hope it works for you.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Inceltown posted:

It's the propofol they knock you out with that makes you feel good. It induces euphoria in about 50% of people. Midazolam, the other drug usually used to sedate you, reduces anxiety and is a muscle relaxant.

Hopefully you won't need anal(ho ho)gesia during either a top or bottom scope as neither procedure are particularly brutal, so you just wake up feeling like you've had the best sleep ever.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Inceltown posted:

drat, never would've described myself as an actor before.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I got knocked out at an oral surgeon's to take out my top teeth (they were a mess) and I was under for a while, I don't remember feeling anything before the anesthesia though.

Then there was a time I got knocked out so my urologist could put in a stent in one of my kidneys. I don't remember anything from that either, I was just out, time warped to a hospital bed.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

In our desperate search for more interior decorator shows we turned to the Combine.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

snergle posted:

also free juice box!

I have had kidney stones multiple times and tramadol feels amazing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Inceltown posted:

I think it's more like taking a muscle relaxant for your brain.

Mechanical Pencil posted:

Esketamine is apparently available as a nasal spray. You night want to look into that.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Why do they have to put you under for a colonoscopy, dont they just put gas and a camera up your rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Bismuth posted:

Why do they have to put you under for a colonoscopy, dont they just put gas and a camera up your rear end?

It’s more like a water hose with a camera.

I think they put you under because I imagine it is uncomfortable for most people psychologically AND physically.

Me? Well, butt stuff is my fetish but I also like drugs so…