Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't know what they did but the game's been running worse since the last patch. I'm probably going to have to stop playing because of framerate issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cinara posted:

All of the martial artist classes apparently get a ton better as we get the 1445+ sets and relic gear.

I mean that should be pretty true of all the classes I would think? :p

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yes, but I mean proportionally compared to other classes. I know Wardancer is particular is one of the best dps classes in Korea but we are missing a lot of the required things to make it exceptional right now.

Managed to snag some good deals for my Deathblade alt, this gear will last me until way into Valtan. The Maxroll guide for DB doesn't mention Mass Increase even though it's a very solid extra option so I was able to snag all these for 100-200g per piece.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 11, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cinara posted:

Yes, but I mean proportionally compared to other classes. I know Wardancer is particular is one of the best dps classes in Korea but we are missing a lot of the required things to make it exceptional right now.

Ive been enjoying watching Korean gameplay again. I stopped when global released, but its been cool to see the differences. Its hard to be patient though, knowing we will eventually get all of this, but the wait is tough. I am excited.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

S.J. posted:

Just play Gunlancer like me so you can just get annoyed whenever you're forced to interact with mechanics at all.

:hfive:

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Is it a raid wipe mechanic? No? Have fun suckers :smugdog:

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They won’t adjust Scrapper. The lead dev mentioned in an interview that the scrapper is their baseline that they tune other classes to be in line with. It’s the Tracer of Lost Ark.

I really enjoy mine, but mostly because the rotation is a bit simple and I can focus on everything else happening around me. I have a gunslinger and shadow hunter alt for going John loving madden. I’m running Taijutsu at 1365 right now. I definitely don’t get MVP a lot but running something with and without a scrapper will show you how much your stagger and weak point attacks do to help the group.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1513577471450386433

lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I appreciate that

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i turned pets off :devil:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaysette posted:

You can do this??? :staredog:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

I said come in! posted:

You can do this??? :staredog:

Yeah, I was trying to turn off all visual distractions and found these options:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turn them back on! :negative:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hosed up

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Finally got this star. Just two more stars remaining until I'm done. I need to figure out the Nia rapport bomb.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaysette posted:

You evil bastard!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Velveteen posted:

I need to figure out the Nia rapport bomb.
If you see a bunch of conflicting advice on whether it will work or not: it will work.

As long as you don't advance to the next level before bombing it works.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It's also not really that bad to actually get the virtue stats for her.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Khorne posted:

If you see a bunch of conflicting advice on whether it will work or not: it will work.

As long as you don't advance to the next level before bombing it works.

I've heard 3000-3299 rapport in friendly 1 is the sweet spot you have to hit. Then 3 relic grade rapport items of the same type. I've heard there is some misinformation that spread around that you have to hit that certain amount with 15 legendary rapport items. Apparently you can go higher and use less than 15 if you wanted to or messed it up somehow. As long as you don't reach friendly 2 which requires 330 virtues. I think I have two relic selection rapport boxes and one relic rapport item from adventure tome. I'm not sure where I got the boxes but I should be able to rapport bomb it.

Relic works right? Its not just legendary right? Everywhere I read shows people doing 15 legendary items.

Cinara posted:

It's also not really that bad to actually get the virtue stats for her.

I will eventually get the stats for her. Right now I don't even have 300. I heard her last part requires 400ish?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
330 Wisdom and Kindness for Nia, she has a dialogue that requires over 400 of something but you don't need to do it, only the quests are required.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Velveteen posted:

I've heard 3000-3299 rapport in friendly 1 is the sweet spot you have to hit. Then 3 relic grade rapport items of the same type. I've heard there is some misinformation that spread around that you have to hit that certain amount with 15 legendary rapport items. Apparently you can go higher and use less than 15 if you wanted to or messed it up somehow. As long as you don't reach friendly 2 which requires 330 virtues. I think I have two relic selection rapport boxes and one relic rapport item from adventure tome. I'm not sure where I got the boxes but I should be able to rapport bomb it.

Relic works right? Its not just legendary right? Everywhere I read shows people doing 15 legendary items.

I will eventually get the stats for her. Right now I don't even have 300. I heard her last part requires 400ish?

Relic works, but you have to hit that window. You can't go over too far with the gifts, so it's easier to hit the window with legendaries (since if you go past it you can just decrease the # of legendaries you're giving, but you can't make it to the window for 2 relics).

That said it's not rocket science to hit a rapport window, just ya know, do the arithmetic as you give gifts and use emotes and poo poo.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The main thing is that NPCs won't accept a rapport gift if it puts them too far over their max value. So whatever number/distribution of gifts you plan to give to Nia just make sure you don't overcap her rapport by more than 300 when you do it which I believe is the cutoff.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Notes probably wednesday with patch on thursday. The highlight article has already been up.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/game/releases/throne-of-chaos

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Really should have bought another 100k worth of these yesterday, I expect them to go up even more on thursday.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
So you're saying I should go back and run all the T2 maps I never got around to doing?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yup! Though post patch they will be way faster to run in a group with the new system. Everyone consumes 1 map and you get 4x loot, no scams possible and a lot of time saved.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

People that buy gold from third party sites should be perma'd. that is all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zotix posted:

People that buy gold from third party sites should be perma'd. that is all.

They are! And some of the recent security changes have decimated the gold market for 3rd party websites. It's not a good idea or value to purchase gold for Lost Ark except through in-game.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I said come in! posted:

They are! And some of the recent security changes have decimated the gold market for 3rd party websites. It's not a good idea or value to purchase gold for Lost Ark except through in-game.

Not a single person that I know 100% has bought gold in either guild I've been in recently had been punished. I'm talking 10+ people, some of them buying half a million gold in some cases.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought people who buy from gold sellers get their gold set to a negative amount, which is way worse. Is that not the case?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zotix posted:

Not a single person that I know 100% has bought gold in either guild I've been in recently had been punished. I'm talking 10+ people, some of them buying half a million gold in some cases.

That is over $4300 with current market values. :prepop:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Velveteen posted:

Relic works right? Its not just legendary right? Everywhere I read shows people doing 15 legendary items.?
Yeah basically land between 3001-3299 at friendly 1 and then bomb her with 30k of rapport, so either 3 of the same relics or 15 of the same legendaries. I think there's a limit on legendary gifts you can give at once or something? thus 15. It's generally far easier getting the legendaries than 3 of the same relic since you can buy them off stronghold & wandering vendors & you can buy 5 selection chests per week from the shop as well. Just make sure you give her 30k worth and that you do so in one go otherwise it triggers the quest.

Apparently Sasha and Nineveh also have 310ish point stat quests in their rapport lines as well but I'm not sure when the quests actually pop, so i have my alts grinding una's and knocking out easier rapport characters for stats while i build rapport with the big guns. They also have much higher rapport than Nia so I don't know how affordable their skips would be in comparison.

edit: you can sort of see how this works if you check various websites (i usually use lostarkcodex.com) for NPC rapport levels - they generally tell you exactly how much rapport you need for each npc for each level. It also tells you the rapport quests that trigger and the stats you'll need for them but it's hard to tell exactly when they actually trigger.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 12, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Nineveh does have a conversation that requires 360 wisdom but it doesn’t appear to block progress. She has a quest that needs 310 wisdom which actually sets the stage for what we’re about to do in South Vern which is pretty cool.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dumb question but how do you actually raise Wisdom/Compassion etc. In tier 3 now and never really done anything with rapport

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Many quests give a small number of points, and there's virtue potions you can get through quest chains, rapports, Una daily reps, adventure logs, etc.

Some skins have bonuses attached but most of it is just doing content that isn't purely ilevel grinding.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Spuckuk posted:

Dumb question but how do you actually raise Wisdom/Compassion etc. In tier 3 now and never really done anything with rapport
You get virtue stats from achievements, quests, reputation una chains, and the dialogue options that open up as you raise rapport. You also get them from the hidden story stuff in each continent.

Cosmetics also have virtue stats. I'm not sure if you gain virtue stats just from leveling rapport or indirectly through the dialogue options & achievements that happen as you level rapport. I think it's the latter but I don't pay enough attention.

They're not really something you can target effectively due to how little are rewarded for each thing. They go up over time as you do horizontal content.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 12, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If you want to specifically target a virtue stat you can search in your index for Wisdom, Charisma, etc and see what rapports/reps/and stuff offer you potions and the like

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

Adventure Tomes are great for virtue stats. You bring up that menu with N and this site has really good guides for completing them, under Resources.

This is also a good guide: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/how-to-increase-virtue-stats

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Khorne posted:

You get virtue stats from achievements, quests, reputation una chains, and the dialogue options that open up as you raise rapport. You also get them from the hidden story stuff in each continent.

Cosmetics also have virtue stats. I'm not sure if you gain virtue stats just from leveling rapport or indirectly through the dialogue options & achievements that happen as you level rapport. I think it's the latter but I don't pay enough attention.

They're not really something you can target effectively due to how little are rewarded for each thing. They go up over time as you do horizontal content.

You get small bumps from the dialogue options - if you watch closeley some dialogue chains give you more rapport points and some give you small stat point rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Apparently there is a battlepass coming. I heard it was leaked on one of their youtube videos. Apparently this is already a thing in other regions so it'll most likely be coming anyways. But if they are already showing it we may be getting it this thursday. In other regions theres a normal free tier, a supreme tier with more honing mats, and a super supreme tier with costumes. To actually get points you have to do stuff like, counter a boss 10x or clear 1 abyssal dungeon which seems pretty simple and painless to do.