Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Speaking of burning it to the ground. (As I do not doubt God wills).https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1513132210769088515

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I mean the most telling thing there is that they have "a Gen Z whisperer" and not, like, some actually Gen Z people who like them and will help them

e: Did their plan to pay people to go out and bother others get discussed here because lol
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/08/democrats-spread-organizing-strategy-that-flipped-georgia-to-other-states-00023892

quote:

A group of Democratic strategists is trying to spread a novel organizing tactic in this year’s election. Technically, it’s called “paid relational organizing,” but it boils down to this: paying people to talk to their friends about politics.

Democrats think it helped them win the Senate in 2020 — and are hoping the get-out-the-vote strategy will help limit the pain of a brutal 2022 election environment.

fast cars loose anus has issued a correction as of 15:29 on Apr 11, 2022

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Zoomers love to be named John Della Volpe

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

projecthalaxy posted:

How do you do, fellow kids?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

projecthalaxy posted:

When I think of people who have their fingers on the pulse of the youth, I think of middle aged professors at harvard

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

projecthalaxy posted:

This man has never met anyone under the age of 40 in his entire life.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"How should we reach out to the zoomers?"

"We could try reaching out to the zoomers..."

"That's stupid. Get me Justin Trudeau's slightly doughier, less interesting older brother ."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

I mean the most telling thing there is that they have "a Gen Z whisperer" and not, like, some actually Gen Z people who like them and will help them

e: Did their plan to pay people to go out and bother others get discussed here because lol
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/08/democrats-spread-organizing-strategy-that-flipped-georgia-to-other-states-00023892

why would young people not love them *refinances mortgage to pay off student loans*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

Speaking of burning it to the ground. (As I do not doubt God wills).https://mobile.twitter.com/politico/status/1513132210769088515

herschel walker is leading warnock in current polling lmao

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Zerg Mans posted:

here's an easy solution: tell Manchin that coal jobs will be replaced by nuclear, and if he votes against it, they'll put WV's ration of enriched uranium on his yacht.

Just put a big chunk of coal underneath a box that's held up by a stick with a piece of twine tied to it

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

really love the thread of "huh...we don't have a lot of accomplishments to point to...and we don't have le cheeto...huh..." running through the lib press

my favorite lib thought is the idea that actually delivering on things is a kind of cheating. part of their big problem with republicans isn't so much policy, their main objection there is they say the quiet parts out loud. their big problem is republicans actually try to deliver on the things they promise their constituents rather than just saying they'll do a bunch of stuff and not doing anything. actually passing legislation is CHEATING.

the lib brained "somebody DO something!" goes all the way to the top as we saw with biden calling for more gun control. like, you're literally the head of the most powerful nation on earth. make some fuckin phone calls or something. nope, "somebody DO something!"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

When I think of people who have their fingers on the pulse of the youth, I think of middle aged professors at harvard

unfortunately, literally, yes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

really love the thread of "huh...we don't have a lot of accomplishments to point to...and we don't have le cheeto...huh..." running through the lib press

my favorite lib thought is the idea that actually delivering on things is a kind of cheating. part of their big problem with republicans isn't so much policy, their main objection there is they say the quiet parts out loud. their big problem is republicans actually try to deliver on the things they promise their constituents rather than just saying they'll do a bunch of stuff and not doing anything. actually passing legislation is CHEATING.

the lib brained "somebody DO something!" goes all the way to the top as we saw with biden calling for more gun control. like, you're literally the head of the most powerful nation on earth. make some fuckin phone calls or something. nope, "somebody DO something!"

The institutions and its process are sacrosanct to the liberal. If we can't arrive at the intended policy outcome via The Proper Channels, then either the policy was never good because it can't be accomplished through the liberal-democratic method and only things that happen via the liberal-democratic method are good things, because the ones that don't like the liberal-democratic method are cryptorussianfacisttrumpers.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lib and let die posted:

The institutions and its process are sacrosanct to the liberal. If we can't arrive at the intended policy outcome via The Proper Channels, then either the policy was never good because it can't be accomplished through the liberal-democratic method and only things that happen via the liberal-democratic method are good things, because the ones that don't like the liberal-democratic method are cryptorussianfacisttrumpers.

Yeah you want the same people who thought the Will Smith slap.was shockingly rude to get rid of the filibuster and lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Last night I had a dream that I was watching the election results, and the Democrats did not get destroyed in 2022, so I knew it must be a dream and not reality

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Chief Democratic Young Mouth Expert

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chamale posted:

Last night I had a dream that I was watching the election results, and the Democrats did not get destroyed in 2022, so I knew it must be a dream and not reality

a nightmare, you mean

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Just put a big chunk of coal underneath a box that's held up by a stick with a piece of twine tied to it
the democrats can do what they should have done to manchin years ago which is kick his loser rear end out of the party and spend whatever party resources it takes impoverishing his family and making sure he and his loser kids never have a political career again

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the democrats can do what they should have done to manchin years ago which is kick his loser rear end out of the party and spend whatever party resources it takes impoverishing his family and making sure he and his loser kids never have a political career again

harry reid would have probably done this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

walking out the front door of my totally normal college where i just learned that you should always trust 100% of what the state department tells their stenographers into the Nightmare of Demsis, immediately succumbing to the hazardous effects of Frenzy as the do-nothing "Do Something!" leftists look the wrong way at me

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Best Friends posted:

unfortunately, literally, yes
nah it's silicon valley vampires that literally have the pulse

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

walking out the front door of my totally normal college where i just learned that you should always trust 100% of what the state department tells their stenographers into the Nightmare of Demsis, immediately succumbing to the hazardous effects of Frenzy as the do-nothing "Do Something!" leftists look the wrong way at me

ah, Kos, or some say Daily Kos...

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

tenderjerk posted:

harry reid would have probably done this
joe manchin has been doing his thing since reid was maj leader. harry reid could have done this and he didn't

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Why would they do this to someone that most of them agree with

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
People in the club that gives you lifetime sinecures and connections with rich people will never, ever endorse the idea that you can get kicked out of said club for your actions. This should not be surprising to anyone.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

World War Mammories posted:

ah, Kos, or some say Daily Kos...

As you once did for the vacuous Biden, grant us votes, grant us votes.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

if you find and eat all 3 chlorine tablets, you can fight the Corn Presence as the true final boss

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

smug jeebus posted:

Why would they do this to someone that most of them agree with

fast cars loose anus posted:

People in the club that gives you lifetime sinecures and connections with rich people will never, ever endorse the idea that you can get kicked out of said club for your actions. This should not be surprising to anyone.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Good Voter, you've done well, the election cycle is near its end. Now I will show you mercy. You will vote, forget the campaign, and awake under the morning sun. You will be freed from this terrible Voter's Dream.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ah gun control, a winning message for november.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Real hurthling! posted:

there are so many single issue voters out there just waiting for the dems to come out strong on gun control.
They've been saving their votes for just the right party and now the dems are gonna pounce!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Real hurthling! posted:

I very unironically believe a pro gun 'arm the people not the state' type could loving kill it in a dem primary as long as they wrap it in the proper idpol but I guess we can keep doing Beto poo poo.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the zanarkand abes, boy, those fellas could play some blitzball

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

I very unironically believe a pro gun 'arm the people not the state' type could loving kill it in a dem primary
you have, apparently, a lot to learn about the democratic primary process

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

I very unironically believe a pro gun 'arm the people not the state' type could loving kill it in a dem primary as long as they wrap it in the proper idpol but I guess we can keep doing Beto poo poo.

there is no way to frame this in acceptable idpol terms. even acknowledging that you have some position on gun control is playing their game and you're going to lose because you are on the left and you cannot be allowed to win.

you are either going to confiscate every gun or you're going to put guns into the hands of criminals and school shooters. pick one.

there is nothing between these two extremes and whichever one you pick is going to drown your candidacy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

you have, apparently, a lot to learn about the democratic primary process

yea I should clarify I mean like 'in a vacuum', like, in a magic world where the DNC wouldn't have that person absolutely buried as soon as they said 'actually I think the best gun policy is a national registry and such but there's nothing wrong with the workers of the world and oppressed minorities being armed' but instead it was just about who appeals more to the dem voters.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

yea I should clarify I mean like 'in a vacuum', like, in a magic world where the DNC wouldn't have that person absolutely buried as soon as they said 'actually I think the best gun policy is a national registry and such but there's nothing wrong with the workers of the world and oppressed minorities being armed' but instead it was just about who appeals more to the dem voters.

love 2 tell agents of the state which oppressed minorities are armed

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

love 2 tell agents of the state which oppressed minorities are armed

i think if you're at the level of control over the us that you can establish a national registry of firearms, you're also at the point where the government isn't going to be using force on oppressed minorities

also the us has been transported to big rock candy mountain and we have universal health care and housing

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

give me all the guns and i will decide how they are distributed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

From each according to their ability, to each several guns