Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The housing-not-carers stay winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's not like FC houses are big slabs of brutalist architecture, and every personal house is a well designed work. Nothing's going to change.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Another note in the updated patch notes:

quote:

Players must now remain in a free company for a minimum of 30 days before the rank of free company master can be transferred to them.

Not going to stop FC selling, but hopefully it'll help.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The wording was:

Which wasn't elaborated on but probably they probably won't touch combo actions for a long time.

Ahh thanks sorry I thought the speculation was that they were doing the pvp 123 thing for pve. Jump > mirage dive is good enough though!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That Bard change is going to mess with my muscle memory since my songs and Pitch Perfect are on completely separate sections of my cross hotbar

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't ever expect them to make the pvp hotbars the standard for the regular game tbh.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

It's not like FC houses are big slabs of brutalist architecture, and every personal house is a well designed work. Nothing's going to change.

My neighborhood character!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

acumen posted:

Ahh thanks sorry I thought the speculation was that they were doing the pvp 123 thing for pve. Jump > mirage dive is good enough though!

They will almost definitely never do the PvP thing for PvE. Part of the point of combos being different buttons is so that players can mess it up if they’re distracted, by boss mechanics.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr Pepper posted:

That Bard change is going to mess with my muscle memory since my songs and Pitch Perfect are on completely separate sections of my cross hotbar

I'm just throwing another instance of Minuet where my Pitch Perfect was bound. gently caress trying to relearn muscle memory. :v:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Ugh patch notes. The balance translation mentioned they were looking to reorganize skills to make jobs more fun at level 50 but none of that is in the notes and it makes me sad. PvP stuff is goofy, dunno what to think about it. Initial reaction is that sam might be good now that they can bind people to keep them in midare range.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Ugh patch notes. The balance translation mentioned they were looking to reorganize skills to make jobs more fun at level 50 but none of that is in the notes and it makes me sad. PvP stuff is goofy, dunno what to think about it. Initial reaction is that sam might be good now that they can bind people to keep them in midare range.

DRK gets Stalwart Soul (AoE combo) at level 40 now instead of 72. :madmax:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

Hey now, DRK got an aoe skill moved from 72 to 40 so they did this for exactly 1 class.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Brutalist house walls when, SE?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Let me build an apartment building on my lot to piss off the neighbors

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So does the change to FC wards do anything to people who already were in that ward, or is it only going forward?

Also, are they doing anything about people who are grandfathered into owning multiple plots?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Forward and no.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They really should, it's completely unfair that someone can own like 10 plots at once

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 11, 2022

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
They've so far never taken homes away from people who already had them, so I'm assuming (and hoping, since my plot is in a soon-to-be FC only ward) they won't delete anyone's house if they already have it. Should they move or it be demolished, then they can't have that plot back as a personal ... until they change it on the patch-by-patch eval they mentioned (unclear if that includes the 6.15 and 6.18 or if it's not until 6.2)

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
So uh, now that Aero II has the same duration as Dia and its MP cost reduced, the only thing that upgrading to Dia does is increase the MP cost.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nah, anyone who owns more than one house (personal or FC) should get a pop-up upon logging in asking them to pick one and the rest get relinquished.

There's this group on Aether that literally owns half a ward in the Goblet under one FC, it's bullshit.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Red Metal posted:

So uh, now that Aero II has the same duration as Dia and its MP cost reduced, the only thing that upgrading to Dia does is increase the MP cost.

It also turns it from wind damage to unaspected damage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, anyone who owns more than one house (personal or FC) should get a pop-up upon logging in asking them to pick one and the rest get relinquished.

There's this group on Aether that literally owns half a ward in the Goblet under one FC, it's bullshit.
It really should be as simple as this. Everyone should have to play by the same rules. Particularly when they already have a system in place that kicks you off your plot if you're inactive for too long. Clearly fairness in housing is important, so I don't really see why someone should get to skirt around that because they got in early, and now have an incentive to never let anything lapse.

Also imagine spells and abilities got grandfathered.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

Let me build an apartment building on my lot to piss off the neighbors

Come to think of it, missing middle housing may be a thing in here? Like are the triple-deckers and duplexes in the game?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

How does PVP Machinist work?
There's a
Drill-->Bioblaster-->Air Anchor-->Chainsaw-->Drill
loop, but how do you get the first "Drill Primed" effect? I guess you just start with that now?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
What's the problem when a bunch of people own houses in the same ward as their FC? The FC itself can only have a single plot, so the rest are individuals.

To do anything they'd have to look at houses on the same service account, or houses on multiple service accounts, and then it starts getting weird.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

I forget: with the housing lottery, are you supposed to get the bid money back if you don’t win?

You only lose money if you win and then fail to follow up and buy the house. Then you only get half back.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Lol that they gave Machinist Mr. Game and Watch's Side B in PvP

Frontline is honestly gonna be pretty interesting with so much less dedicated AoE going out and a lot more personal responsibility for healing

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

What's the problem when a bunch of people own houses in the same ward as their FC? The FC itself can only have a single plot, so the rest are individuals.

To do anything they'd have to look at houses on the same service account, or houses on multiple service accounts, and then it starts getting weird.

No, this is from back in the day when an FC or an individual could own multiple houses. This is an FC with multiple plots.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Well that's loving stupid then. Why would they ever have allowed an FC to own multiple, or an individual character own multiple plots.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I assume they'll just re-open a range of wards (say, 13 to 18) to personal home buyers in a future patch if there's too many plots left empty. This seems largely like an attempt to fix the large number of FCs that had no house and no hopes of obtaining a house under the previous property regime.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

OddObserver posted:

Come to think of it, missing middle housing may be a thing in here? Like are the triple-deckers and duplexes in the game?

I’m sure there are in Ul’Dah, Radz-at-Han, and Ishgard. Gridania and Sharlayan looks like mostly SFH and I have no idea where people supposedly live in Limsa. Crystarium seems to be all huge apartment buildings (there are a lot more in the background if you ever get a wide shot of the city).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
By the looks of it they completely gutted Dragoon's faux ranged class playstyle in PvP. Is the Limit Break ground targeted? If so i might have to class change because trying to land that poo poo with my 160 ping sounds like it will be rage inducing.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

rip killing people in PVP via pushes/pulling

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJ posted:

By the looks of it they completely gutted Dragoon's faux ranged class playstyle in PvP. Is the Limit Break ground targeted? If so i might have to class change because trying to land that poo poo with my 160 ping sounds like it will be rage inducing.

It appears to be something close to what I've seen in some other games, where you jump up and become untargetable and then have a few seconds to move around before crashing down on your current location to deal damage. I'd guess there'll probably be some kind of AoE indicator so other players can try to move out of it to avoid it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

I’m sure there are in Ul’Dah, Radz-at-Han, and Ishgard. Gridania and Sharlayan looks like mostly SFH and I have no idea where people supposedly live in Limsa. Crystarium seems to be all huge apartment buildings (there are a lot more in the background if you ever get a wide shot of the city).

Even if it doesn't make any sense for them to have full housing districts, I wish places like Sharlayan, Radz, and the Crystarium had apartment buildings.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vermain posted:

It appears to be something close to what I've seen in some other games, where you jump up and become untargetable and then have a few seconds to move around before crashing down on your current location to deal damage. I'd guess there'll probably be some kind of AoE indicator so other players can try to move out of it to avoid it.

From the description, Sky High transforms into Sky Shatter, so you can drop the AoE at any time during the 5s duration of Sky High. You can just pointblank someone in the time it takes you to hit a GCD and a follow-up oGCD, there is probably no warning. Given how strong the other melee DPS limit breaks are I don't really think this is gonna be especially overpowered, relatively speaking

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Vermain posted:

yeah

10y radius with bonus damage if they're close seems pretty generous? it looks like you don't need to wait the full 5 seconds either, so you can probably jump and immediately dive if you're in a pack of enemies

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SERAPH STRIKE IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Red Metal posted:

This pwns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

hopeandjoy posted:

No, this is from back in the day when an FC or an individual could own multiple houses. This is an FC with multiple plots.

Yeah, like, look at this:

It's not the only FC like that on Adamantoise either.