Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Overpower not being a cone anymore is going to screw with my muscle memory for a bit. Otherwise, other than the Tomahawk thing which is situational and quite frankly, a bit of an exploit, Warriors stay winning.

Also, I like that Tank Stance now only has a 3 second cooldown. No more having to wait in case I accidentally fat fingered the button!

Thundarr posted:

PvP red mage LB is... Assize?

rear end Size? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Ok yeah definitely take all the houses off those guys except one.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

CASTL doctrine

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

catch me in frontlines with my dnc buddy charming a bunch of people in the middle of my southern cross

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Failboattootoot posted:

Initial reaction is that sam might be good now that they can bind people to keep them in midare range.

The abilities in SAM's basic combo are boosted when using Hissastsu: Soten, which is an oGCD 20y gap closer with 3 charges. When a SAM picks someone to focus, they aren't getting away. Zantetsuken is 20y too, though there's no range on Hissastsu: Chiten, which applies the debuff that let's the former insta-KO non-shielded enemies, so I don't know how close you need to be for that. I assume it's 5y or 8y.

Finally finished looking through all the PvP stuff, and I'm really looking forward to driving into it tomorrow.

A few general observations:

If you're a melee class, you're melee. All of the ranged poke abilities are gone, with only situational ones remaining. The majority of those are gap closers, while the remaining few let you finish off a retreating target or start your opener at range before you dive in.

They went all in on diversifying the healers. WHM is your damager, with Seraph Strike, Afflatus Misery and Afflatus Purgation. With SCH they finally fully embraced the battle tactitian: Deployment Tactics being useful on either allies or enemies, Summon Seraph making an amazing opener to an engagement and Expedient helping with retreating. AST is all about utility by making the best use of Double Cast's extra effects on the copied spell and their cards handing out boosts to the entire party. Last but not least, SGE is the hybrid sustain healer that puts out healing and damage in tandem.

The base concept for each tank was turned up to 11. PLDs want to get in the thick of things, being annoying and soaking up damage aimed at their other party members. WAR has no party utility, because the best way to protect others is to remove all obstacles, no matter the cost. KO'd enemies can't deal damage, after all. DRK is all about sacrificing yourself, with one of your abilities getting stronger the lower your health gets, an AoE pull that can root and your LB setting your health to 1. Finally, GNB uses their cartridges to play jack-of-all-trades. Whatever role your party needs, you can fill as long as you've got another to Draw from (I don't think they even need to be an ally, the text doesn't mention any restriction on targets).

Onean fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 11, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dr Pepper posted:

That Bard change is going to mess with my muscle memory since my songs and Pitch Perfect are on completely separate sections of my cross hotbar

Same, my songs are up in a corner while my oGCD shorter cool down stuff is all together.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I'm scratching my head a bit over the change to Sage's Soteria. Is it just going to put a potency boost your next four Kardion-compatible attacks, with the first attack getting the boost from all four stacks and the last attack getting only one stack's worth?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's probably just 70% for the next 4 spells.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tamba posted:

How does PVP Machinist work?
There's a
Drill-->Bioblaster-->Air Anchor-->Chainsaw-->Drill
loop, but how do you get the first "Drill Primed" effect? I guess you just start with that now?

That's my assumption. It straight up doesn't work otherwise since nothing else gives Drill Primed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bloody Emissary posted:

I'm scratching my head a bit over the change to Sage's Soteria. Is it just going to put a potency boost your next four Kardion-compatible attacks, with the first attack getting the boost from all four stacks and the last attack getting only one stack's worth?

It makes it so that your next 4 Kardia procs are increased by 70%. It's in line with a lot of other actions like Inner Release that they've attempted to decouple from strict timers to avoid people missing procs due to higher pings or odd spell/skill speeds.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bloody Emissary posted:

I thought it was going to be like Inner Release stacks, where stacks are consumed per attack that applies that buff onto its Kardion healing.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, like, look at this:

It's not the only FC like that on Adamantoise either.

Those are people with basically single-character "sister" FCs, same tag but different FC. It sucks rear end still but for different reasons, and it seems like Square is gunshy about doing anything about it.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's probably just 70% for the next 4 spells.

Vermain posted:

It makes it so that your next 4 Kardia procs are increased by 70%. It's in line with a lot of other actions like Inner Release that they've attempted to decouple from strict timers to avoid people missing procs due to higher pings or odd spell/skill speeds.

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks, all.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Way ahead of you, but christ. Double mooches? :negative:

I have been unable to land the final three fish I need for Big Fish for going on like 8 god damned months now and I hate everything about it.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

We found the Seraph Strike :unsmigghh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1513577634126389251

I still don't believe it's "wild shrieks"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

That’s because it isn’t, it’s wild freaks

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009

Note Block posted:

I have been unable to land the final three fish I need for Big Fish for going on like 8 god damned months now and I hate everything about it.

I feel your pain. I literally only need Cinder Surprise and I will finally have that drat title. I'm something like 0/10 on it with bites and no catches.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Where does this come from? I saw people arguing about it in Twitch chat the other day. It clearly says Wild Freaks if you aren't deaf.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJ posted:

Where does this come from? I saw people arguing about it in Twitch chat the other day. It clearly says Wild Freaks if you aren't deaf.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Did anyone tell the vocalist?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sorry but the official lyrics are wrong.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sorry about all your bad hearing.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

It wouldn't be the first time I guess? Conquest > Contest in Unbending Steel, COURAGE THREEVES in Footfalls

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzngVtvog3o

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

It wouldn't be the first time I guess? Conquest > Contest in Unbending Steel, COURAGE THREEVES in Footfalls

And whatever in going on with the lyrics of Rise

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I feel the need to point out how disturbingly horny "laid bare/picked clean/bred deep" is.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
This person tried to buy my FC's house in Mist on Ultros several years ago. This was shortly before they opened up some new wards and once they did they moved there instead.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Another pvp note, since they completely removes crits and damage spread, the potency showed in tooltip is precisely how much healing/damage something will do. Also based off the pvp video during the live letter classes seem to have between 52,000 and 60,000 health depending. So for instance Markman's Spite, the MCH limit break with 36000 potency, will deal ~60-70% of someone's max hp depending on the class and before any temporary modifiers.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:negative: well, yoshi-p took a moment to actually acknowledge the poo poo with hrothgar..... which basically confirmed the stuff i posted about a few days ago about how the ears are part of the head model.

https://twitter.com/GaroZulanFFXIV/status/1513550890514657286?t=HsWatw1QfL0wEvrHJklqsQ&s=19

it's both incredibly frustrating to have them basically go 'oops we coded ourselves into a corner and do not want to have to do the work to undo that' but like...for starters, his statement about how hrothgars were originally never going to get any more hairstyles is actually straight up provably false, people've already pulled up past live letters where he explicitly said that new hair for hrothgar/viera were coming but had to take a little longer... multiple times... over the span of THREE YEARS. it's just baffling that he seems confused as to why people are upset the ears are gone, as if there wouldn't be a similar backlash/upset if it happened to viera or miqo lol (and from what ive been seeing a lot of viera players are also starting to join in the feedback because of how obvious it is the only reason they aren't in the exact same boat is bc more people would riot)

also 'this will cause the frequency of additions to drop' despite hrothgar literally getting nothing new since 5.0 :v: how can the frequency drop if literally nothing has come in the first place lol

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't know if that's new, but as of yesterday there is still minimal damage spread in PVP.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/aetherflows/status/1513565180768120832?s=20&t=w_6aCaNXg-ODvfM7YqJBUQ

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I am sorry that happened to all samurai, unironically

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't know if that's new, but as of yesterday there is still minimal damage spread in PVP.

The patch notes have a line that says "damage taken and dealt will no longer be subject to RNG" under pvp, which I assume is what that means. In the vod you can also see that every ability deals a very round number like 3000, 12000, etc

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Pfft acting like mostly potency increases is hard to parse.

I did have to pause a few times to remind myself which name went with which ability

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Note Block posted:

What are they, if you don't mind my asking? It took me like a year to catch Sea Butterfly lol

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Lots of folks just unhappy with the loss of Kaiten and its accompanying animation. It's always a sad day when an animation dies.

I'm still hoping they'll one day give MCH reload back with it's satisfying sound effect and custom animation for the Revolver of the Wanderer.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've already forgotten what Enochian looked like, don't know how, you saw it enough.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
SAM combos hit harder. SAM big hits are more consistently big, but the biggest hits post-patch are smaller than the biggest hits pre-patch. Most importantly, the big hits are no longer preceded by the anime sword twirl

tl;dr: more consistency, a little less Heihachi, a lot less Rurouni Kenshin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Another pvp note, since they completely removes crits and damage spread, the potency showed in tooltip is precisely how much healing/damage something will do. Also based off the pvp video during the live letter classes seem to have between 52,000 and 60,000 health depending. So for instance Markman's Spite, the MCH limit break with 36000 potency, will deal ~60-70% of someone's max hp depending on the class and before any temporary modifiers.

BLM had 48000, WHM and RDM had 51000, tanks had 60000