Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mfer has done dodge/burn for 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This looks like a pog.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This looks like a pog.

Remember Julie-Su? She's back! In Pog form!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I like how her helmet only allows her to see if she looks down all the time.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Ironslave posted:

Remember Julie-Su?
No.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I thought her name was Tikal?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/VivRibbon_/status/1493800777235763200

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Before Tyson Hesse was brought on the first movie, the prologue with Sonic's backstory had big "we Chaos microwaved the baby" energy. I don't know what they're doing for the sequel, but some of the locations in the trailer don't look dissimilar from the original setting of the first movie's prologue, so if they're reusing any of those ideas for Knuckles I could see Penders throwing a fit.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Robot Style posted:

Before Tyson Hesse was brought on the first movie, the prologue with Sonic's backstory had big "we Chaos microwaved the baby" energy. I don't know what they're doing for the sequel, but some of the locations in the trailer don't look dissimilar from the original setting of the first movie's prologue, so if they're reusing any of those ideas for Knuckles I could see Penders throwing a fit.

I genuinely don't know Sonic lore, so would it be a case "Ken's mad because they're using his ideas!" or "Ken's mad because they're tossing out his ideas!"?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I genuinely don't know Sonic lore, so would it be a case "Ken's mad because they're using his ideas!" or "Ken's mad because they're tossing out his ideas!"?

Yes

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Ken Penders' backstory for Knuckles is that one night when Knuckles had yet to hatch, his dad had a prophetic nightmare about Knuckles fighting a giant Robotnik mech, and decided to help his future-son by blasting his egg with Chaos Emerald energy, giving him a power boost and turning him into a living Chaos Emerald. Then he got a divorce and abandoned Knuckles in the wilderness.

So if Jeff Fowler re-uses his original "someone turned this orphan baby into the prophesied living Chaos Emerald" backstory, but gives any elements of it to Knuckles, then Ken Penders might get all "they are obviously stealing my geniouse ideas" and try to sue again.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I still find it hilarious his entire "claim" to Shade is "she is a similar archetype to Julie-Su", despite, you know, it being one of the most generic rear end archetypes ever.

Yeah, Sega gave them some Knuckles comics and said "do something similar", but good poo poo they have nothing in common other than the archetype of "female member of evil cult isn't evil".

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
What a garbage person.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Always finds some way to tie it back to himself huh?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

If he’s so personally concerned then he can donate 100% of his profit plus change from all his NFTs and poo poo to said employees and families. What a scumbag.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
How do you translate a blank page?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FilthyImp posted:

How do you translate a blank page?

For Ken Penders's work? Use it to wipe your rear end. Boom! Faithful adaptation.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1512606961677656064

He's real mad at the Sonic 2 movie for... things like "powered up Echidnas" and "Knuckles having a dad in the movie even though he's completely different from the dad I invented for him in the Archie comics but I apparently own the concept of having parents"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paramount’s lawyers would destroy him (and personally I kind of hope he’s dumb enough to try)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
It's rare that I want to side with a large corporation over an individual creator, it's a weird feeling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1512606961677656064

He's real mad at the Sonic 2 movie for... things like "powered up Echidnas" and "Knuckles having a dad in the movie even though he's completely different from the dad I invented for him in the Archie comics but I apparently own the concept of having parents"

lol

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Paramount’s lawyers would destroy him (and personally I kind of hope he’s dumb enough to try)

Agreed, please financially ruin him Paramount

Medenmath posted:

It's rare that I want to side with a large corporation over an individual creator, it's a weird feeling

Also agreed

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Watch it turn into a repeat of the last lawsuit, and after a series of baffling events and bizarre misfortunes he winds up owning the rights to, I dunno, Star Trek.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

vseslav.botkin posted:

Watch it turn into a repeat of the last lawsuit, and after a series of baffling events and bizarre misfortunes he winds up owning the rights to, I dunno, Star Trek.

Well at least their lovely nft will be more transparently lovely

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who made knuckles weird dong?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Medenmath posted:

Sometimes it's fine to lose a battle if you win the war.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mesopotamia sues, saying the "Eh'kid-nyaaaa" of Penders infringes on their "En'kidu" IP.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/1513388166987714564?t=EeV_ygsjFNDe7eIjpZXhbw&s=19

If he seriously thinks he owns the concept of "Sonic stands on a plane that's being piloted by Tails" then hahahaha

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he owns it all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That…that’s in like the opening of sonic 2

It’s a whole mission in sonic 2

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

If he's just talking about the camera angles used, there's exactly two camera angles you could reasonably use to show the pilot and a character standing on the wings interacting, and he uses both on that page.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he owns sonic 2

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Making Sonic dumb enough to stand on a plane piloted by a child both of them nude is credit we all want

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I am more honestly surprised there is Ken Pender defenders.

I swear twitter surprises me everyday.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

He can like have other accounts.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

He can like have other accounts.

the knuckles twitterverse

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I feel like I'm losing my mind when people talk of Ken Penders doing other things but any official work of his is either archived on a dead website or doesn't show poo poo on his linkedin page. Ken Penders do you have anything to your name outside of Sonic the Hedgehog OC's?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Uh Juile-su a name you can imagine going on all sorts of adventures.
Going to an abandoned mall, cemetery ghost hunt, teaching a nursing home how to cyber.
All sorts!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Shindragon posted:

I am more honestly surprised there is Ken Pender defenders.

I swear twitter surprises me everyday.

The Dependers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Guaranteed it's people eggmaning him on to make a fool of himself, which really doesn't need much prompting