Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
You come up with an insanely complicated "sexual ensemble" chart and don't bother to include any same-sex pairings? smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

E:nm

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 11, 2022

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

miss me with that normie poo poo

quote:

Some time previously Anacho had explained the Dirdir sexual processes.

"Essentially, the facts are these: there are twelve styles of male sexual organs, fourteen of the female. Only certain pairings are possible. For instance, the Type One Male is compatible only with Types Five and Nine Female.

Type Five Female adjusts only to Type One Male, but Type Nine Female has a more general organ and is compatible with Types One, Eleven and Twelve Male.

"The matter becomes fantastically complex. Each male and female style has its specific and theoretical attributes, which are very seldom realized-as long as an individual's type is secret! These are the Dirdir 'mysteries'! Should an individual's type become known, he is expected to conform to the theoretical attributes of the type, regardless of inclination; he rarely does so, and is constantly embarrassed on this account.

"As you can imagine, a matter so complicated absorbs a great deal of attention and energy and, perhaps, by keeping the Dirdir fragmented, obsessed and secretive, has prevented them from overrunning the world of space."

"Amazing," said Reith. "But if the types are secret and generally incompatible, how do they mate? How do they reproduce?"

"There are several systems: trial marriage, the so-called 'dark gatherings,'

anonymous notices. The difficulties are transcended." Anacho paused a moment, then proceeded delicately. "I need hardly point out that low-caste Dirdirmen and Dirdirwomen, lacking the 'noble divinity' and without 'secrets,' are thus held to be deficient and somewhat clownish."

"Hmm," said Reith. "Why do you specify 'low-caste Dirdirmen'? What of the Immaculates?"

Anacho cleared his throat. "The Immaculates obviate shame by elaborate surgical methods. They are allowed to alter themselves in accordance with one of eight styles; thus they are conceded 'secrets' as well, and may wear Blue and Pink."

"What about mating?"

"It is more difficult, and in fact becomes an ingenious analogue of the Dirdir system. Each style will match at most two styles of the other sex."

Reith could no longer restrain his mirth. Anacho listened with an expression, half-grim, half-rueful. "What of yourself?" asked Reith. "How far did you involve yourself?"

"Not far enough," said Anacho. "For certain reasons I wore Blue and Pink without providing myself the requisite 'secret.' I was declared an outlaw and an atavism: this was my situation at our first meeting."

"A curious crime," said Reith.
This is the future conservatives want

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Halloween Jack posted:

This is the future conservatives want

Geez, no wonder that dude was having trouble finding a woman

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

edgeman83 posted:

I kinda remember a famous sci-fi author wrote a short story about a dude traveling to an alt-universe where cow-women were non-sapient and milked. This was many years ago, so the fact that human cow fetish seems blase now makes sense.

In the Barn. Written by Piers Anthony (lol), and first published in the second Dangerous Visions anthology.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I am often described as deficient and somewhat clownish

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

AITA for not coming to visit my daughters while my wife refuses to grant me a divorce?

quote:

A little background here, I (48M), am legally separated from my (ex)wife (45F). We've been separated for several years now and share 2 children together (11F, and 9F). We are not divorced. This is not for any particular reason, we just never got around to it (which I can see was a huge mistake now).

Recently my life hit a rough patch. I ended a long term relationship (not with ex-wife), was loosing interest in my career, and was suffering from some health issues. It snapped that needed a break and I impulsively booked myself a flight to foreign country.

Well, long story short, I ended up staying for 4 months, and got engaged my now fiancé (42F). Me and fiancé fell for each other fast, and I returned home with her to introduce her to my family.

When I broke the news to everyone, ex-wife was furious. I asked her if we could finally file for our divorce so I could l marry my fiancé and get her started with the process of citizenship in my country. Ex-wife began claiming I owe her thousands in child support and she would not be granting me anything until I payed her what I owed. I do not feel that I owe her any child support.

This has put me in a terrible position. My fiancé cannot stay in my country due to citizenship issues. I decided to fly back to her home country and have been staying here with her since. If my ex does not grant me a divorce I will have no choice but to continue with this situation. Leaving me far from our daughters. I feel I am being forced to chose between my fiancé and my children.

I've decided for now to stay here until the divorce is granted. Hopefully to give my ex the push to sign what we need and let me move on with my life.

Ex wife is claiming I am terrible person for choosing to stay here with my fiancé. She has been sending me multiple emails a week guilting me for being away from my daughters and claiming it has been very hard on them. She has repeated she will not do anything for me until she is payed what she is owed. She is using ask for a divorce leverage. So, AITA here?

EDIT for some clarity: I did pay child support for many years but hit a rough patch finically. Ex wife agreed for me to stop the payments as she had reached a point of financial stability but now feels it is time for me to reimburse her. I just can't swing that right now, and she's throwing this at me basically out of nowhere.

I have tried to make it clear to my girls this is nothing against them, and that I am not abandoning them. I emailed my oldest in attempt to explain the situation but her mother saw and became even more angry with me. She's monitoring our conversations closely and preventing my children from knowing the truth.

Fiancé is not with me for a visa. She is from a country in the EU. We just have an inexplicable connection, which is what makes this situation so hard for me.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for not coming to visit my daughters while my wife refuses to grant me a divorce?

Holy poo poo this guy sucks

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for not wanting to pay for my 'father's' medical bills?

quote:

My (F29) parents divorced when I was about 10 years old and I have had no contact with my father after a year because he made the choice to prioritize his new family, SS who is currently 33 years old and eventually his children with new wife over my brother and I. No visitation after he got remarried at all. When we called to asked when he was going to visit us, he would just say that he was busy.

Before the divorce, I was literally daddy's little girl. His beloved golden child. No joke. I thought my father was the best and I wanted to marry a man like him when I grew up. So, the fact that he just dropped my brother and me off has caused a deep seated wound deep in my heart which I will never ever forgive him for causing.

He never paid child support so my mother had to support my brother and I as a single parent. She decided not to take him to court as she never wanted anything to do with him again. (Parents had 50/50 custody).

However,18 years is a long time and thanks to my mother's love and care for us, I have already forgotten about him and moved on with my life, same goes for my brother. We have both grown up to live comfortably in our lives, take care of our mother and love her to no end.

The story is that this morning, his SS(33) contacted me via FB and said he wanted to talk to me regarding 'OUR' father and I was confused at first and then remembered that yes, I had someone like that in my life.

He told me that our father has a medical condition and treatment costs a lot (sent together with screenshots of his medical reports) and it would be nice if we could pay his bills and also that my 'father' wanted to speak to my brother and I. I told him that, that man lost the the rights to be my father when he decided to not have any contact with us and also that 'HIS' father's medical bills are non of my concern so as his children, you shouldn't go around harrassing random people for money. Also all those years of unpaid child support could be used to cover his medical expenses. After which he called me a vengeful and heartless bitch, to which I just replied with a smiling emoji and blocked his rear end.

I talked to my mom about this and she said while I have the right to be angry with him, he is still my father and is unwell, so I could help them out a bit. I told her "No way in hell am I going to pay for his bills. He has his children to pay for it, so let them settle it. He made his bed, now let him sleep on it"

Was I the rear end in a top hat here?
"why are the kids i abandoned so ungrateful" is probably my favorite subgenre of post

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Not-ex-wife is smartly looking to get that back child support, knowing she probably won't get any more after this jerkoff gets remarried.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This has put me in a terrible position :fuckoff:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Foo Diddley posted:

Also all those years of unpaid child support could be used to cover his medical expenses. After which he called me a vengeful and heartless bitch, to which I just replied with a smiling emoji and blocked his rear end.

:hellyeah:

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

It seems obvious to me that constantly worrying that you're "looking weak" is itself a big flashing sign of weakness but guys like this never seem to understand that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

"why are the kids i abandoned so ungrateful" is probably my favorite subgenre of post

What's "SS"?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Stepsister, though I suppose it's odd to frame it that way when you've never lived together and you're complete strangers.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Halloween Jack posted:

Stepsister, though I suppose it's odd to frame it that way when you've never lived together and you're complete strangers.

Except OP refers to SS as "he" in the later paragraphs. :confused:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
AITA for not wanting to pay medical bills for my estranged father, Heinrich Himmler?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

stepsibling i think

e: vvv oh yeah that makes more sense

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 11, 2022

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Except OP refers to SS as "he" in the later paragraphs. :confused:

Stepson, I imagine - the relationship is from the dad's POV.

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010

Huh, I thought it meant second son.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Foo Diddley posted:

stepsibling i think

e: vvv oh yeah that makes more sense

Stepson? Stepsister?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's just baffling, used in the most confusing way. What would it have cost OP to just write out stepson or make up a name?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Pomme de Terror posted:

Time for a round of Guess the Spoiler!

AITA for embarrassing my friend over her baby name?

:lol: no way that's real, I remember that stupid joke from a shot in the movie Waiting...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

miss me with that normie poo poo

Loss edits are getting too drat complicated

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

AITA posts have character limits, which is one of the reason there are so many abbreviations/acronyms.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA posts have character limits, which is one of the reason there are so many abbreviations/acronyms.

It's the only thing that got abbreviated there aside from gender, and it's a very uncommon one. Just a baffling choice.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for throwing out my husband's dinner after he went to eat at his mom's house?

quote:

My mother-in-law calls every night to ask what we're having for dinner. Then she brags about what she's cooking to make me look bad, especially if we're getting takeout. I used to care but not anymore. But my husband would ask me to make dinner only for him to go eat the dinner his mom makes at her home. which's 10 minutes away and using the "that's my favorite meal" excuse.

Yesterday, I wanted to surprise him by cooking one of his favorite meals and although I was busy, I took time off work to cook. I even went grocery shopping to get what I needed. Later as I was setting the table his mom called, I told him he didn't have to answer but he did. like usual...she asked what we were having but acted surprised that I cooked this meal. She then went on to tell him she cooked X meal and told him to come over. He said ok which shocked me, I said "seriously?" as he started dresing up getting ready to leave. he told me no offense but this meal (that his mom cooked) was even more of a favorite than the one I cooked. and grabed his keys and left.

I felt awful. I took his plate and threw it out then ate my portion. As I was about to put the plate in the dishwasher, he got home looking angry saying his mom lied about cooking that favorite meal, and used it as an excuse to force him to eat dinner with her. I was shocked but he sat down telling me to go ahead and reheat dinner. I told him no dinner after he abandoned it, I threw it out. He said what?? and I told him he disrespected my time and effort and chose to go eat woth his mom instead. He began yelling at me asking if I really did that then called me petty and horrible then went upstairs saying what I did was 100 times worse than what his mom did.

I definately feel like I let my anger and frustration get the best of me but it really felt unbearable having to live like this for so long. By the way [I'm 26 and he's 28].

ETA to make one thing clear and that's the fact that my husband only does this when it comes to food. He lived with his mom (attended community college) and loved and still loves her food and is used to it. She gave me recipes to make and I try to do that but he keeps switching homes just to eat what he feels like.

AITA mods posted:

Be Civil. Don't insult anyone, including calling OP's husband a man child/baby.
Please review our FAQ if you're unsure what that means.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for throwing out my husband's dinner after he went to eat at his mom's house?

:sever:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Foo Diddley posted:

Hey, you married him

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Tobermory posted:

In the Barn. Written by Piers Anthony (lol), and first published in the second Dangerous Visions anthology.

Funny thing is, that probably isn't a fetish thing (shockingly, for Anthony). He was a rather militant vegetarian and animal-rights activist, and In The Barn was supposedly an extension of that (as was the story he claims to have written but couldn't sell describing that culture's meat industry).

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean y'all are doing it to yourselves. You can just not click those links and instead google cows having a good time getting fed snacks and brushed.

if a fed offers you a snack don't take it, it's a trap

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Gnoman posted:

Funny thing is, that probably isn't a fetish thing (shockingly, for Anthony). He was a rather militant vegetarian and animal-rights activist, and In The Barn was supposedly an extension of that (as was the story he claims to have written but couldn't sell describing that culture's meat industry).
gently caress, not another one of those vodsel rights lunatics.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Foo Diddley posted:

Lol at that mom's power move.
"I can lie to him, waste his time, and not feed him, and he'll *still* be angrier at you" feels like a setup for a win-win though, you can just give him back to his mommy and both you and she will be happier for it.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Vim Fuego posted:

Reading sci-fi/fantasy as a kid you get exposed to so many long form explorations of fetishes. Heinlein, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, the Sword of Truth, Piers Anthony etc are all lousy with bizarre poo poo

I absolutely adored Piers Anthony as a kid/early teenager. I always wonder what my mom thought when I asked her if she could buy me the next Xanth book, "The Color of Her Panties."

But also she was the one that got me reading Clan of the Cavebear by Jean M Auel which is also a wild series.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for losing it on my entire family at an early Easter dinner?

i thought ppl had ham for easter dinner, not hand. also lmao @ "why won't you let us come along on the vacation you're taking from us"

Alright, I really liked that, lol

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I absolutely adored Piers Anthony as a kid/early teenager. I always wonder what my mom thought when I asked her if she could buy me the next Xanth book, "The Color of Her Panties."

But also she was the one that got me reading Clan of the Cavebear by Jean M Auel which is also a wild series.

the secret to the earth's children series is that you won't miss anything if you skip all the fuckin', and it'll take you about half as long to read it, too

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Foo Diddley posted:

Hey OP, tell me if you read an embarrassing number of Star Wars EU books without saying it outright

quote:

The story is that this morning, his SS(33) contacted me via FB and said he wanted to talk to me regarding 'OUR' father and I was confused at first and then remembered that yes, I had someone like that in my life.

Perfect, thanks

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

OP said they can only eat in the break room (well, my take based on not being able to eat on the job or take it home), and they only had the one break. Sneaking any food out might incur more wrath from the manager.

yes, what i said is consistent with that. you're allowed in the break room before and after your shift. the time clock is frequently in there.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
What does that have to do with star wars?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

run on sentience posted:

What does that have to do with star wars?

I think AmiYumi's telling on themselves by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The actual post isn't super interesting, but the title is an all-timer

wife wants me to get rid of reddit. so I'm looking for advice on reddit.

quote:

Well. I'll try to make this brief because every one has alot of details in the background that get left.

28M with my 34F wife of 4 years together of 8. Not sure what validation or answer I'm really looking for but; I just recently joined these subreddit pages like sex, relationship advice, dead bedroom etc etc. To be honest, granted everything is anecdotal feedback it has helped me understand several things in my marriage I've been doing wrong. But there's this control part I feel my wife is inflicting on me based on my poor decisions and lack of trust.

She got on my email and saw I made a post prior asking for advice on what I thought was a dying bedroom, what I was doing wrong and why I felt why I do. And she snapped on me and told me I basically have to get rid of everything social media wise including reddit.. I keep my Facebook deactivated because I have a wandering eye and I get click happy hitting the like button on fitness models etc etc. I got rid of Snapchat and deleted it because everyone knows why I deleted my Instagram just to make her feel better. I blocked two friends she doesn't like because one sells me pot and the other friend is always talking inappropriate about other women in the gym we see together. She's telling me now that I gotta get rid of reddit because of me looking and seeking out advice from other people. It drives me nuts because we go to a counselor but I felt like I wanted an outside opinion from people and she read it and has been furious.

I get it, I don't make her feel loved and trusted, and secure in our marriage. I'm the failure at it and it's taken me until the bitter end to realize it. But I feel like at the expense of giving up all social media and any communication forms like that; she still chops my head off any chance she can and throws things back in my face constantly to remind me what I've done wrong and why she can't trust me.

It sounds so stupid out loud yeah save your marriage and just get rid of whatever she asks. But I feel like I have nothing no social media no one to talk to, I got like 2 friends from high school and she despises 1 of them and won't let me around him.

I mean am I doing anything wrong by being on here? Or is it shut up do what she asks because I've killed her trust entirely. I mean how much of a prisoner do I have to feel like to get her trust? Is sacrificing every thing she says what I really gotta do?

PS:edit: Our entire day yesterday was great. I asked for oral sex when the kids are asleep super nicely, we just had sex the day before and she's on her. Cycle now. But instead of just saying no or whatever. She went into a rant about how I haven't gotten rid of reddit yet or blocked my two friends.... And used that to fight with me and I ended up so just sad and confused I slept on the couch. I'm trying hard to make things right and I have an insanely high sex drive where she does not. So she just always makes me feel stupid or like something is wrong with me I want it so much... Idfk