Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DM Zero
Dec 8, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trying to find a webcomic panel for a friend, both of us have come up blank. Maybe mid-2000s webcomic, possibly with two words in the title, kind of slovenly looking hacker guy has a pet cat(?), says something like "I was tryna hack a node, and the compiler went tits up" (or something like that) and uses the phrase "son of a dick" at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
http://www.overcompensating.com/oc/index.php?comic=347

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I am looking for a certain picture of an alien (like a grey, but with a head that is shaped more like a rounded rectangle) looking out from a partially closed door (as if about to come in). It has been posted on this forum several years ago (more than ten) but I couldn't find it again (only those aliens with round heads). Thank you from outer space.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's from Communion with Chris Walken.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Argh, just googling that gave me the shivers. Thank you!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's a bad movie and a bad book by a bad author but it's a pretty freaky scene!

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

I like how you could read a smirk into its expression when it's fully visible. But now I would prefer not to think about that again. Thanks though.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

This is not a picture, but does anyone have the video in Second Life where goons interrupted some "important" meeting with an infinite march of floating dongs going into the hosts head?

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Olewithmilk posted:

This is not a picture, but does anyone have the video in Second Life where goons interrupted some "important" meeting with an infinite march of floating dongs going into the hosts head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeN7zDwtM_8&ab_channel=SherdogshareStuff

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Thank you very much!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Trying to find a comic, basic line art of two women getting married, at most three panels. They both turn to each other and say "[borat voice] my wife". TIA!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I don't know if this counts as an image, but I remember seeing an ad in magazines back in the 80s for a $12,000 exercise bike. This was way before any Peloton-type bike you see today.

The ad was very detailed about why it cost so much.

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless
Can anybody provide any information about this tiny thumbnail? I've been looking for a larger version for 16 years. It's possible that it's only a part of a larger piece of art.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't know if this counts as an image, but I remember seeing an ad in magazines back in the 80s for a $12,000 exercise bike. This was way before any Peloton-type bike you see today.

The ad was very detailed about why it cost so much.

The old Lifecycle ads?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

obsolete absolution posted:

Can anybody provide any information about this tiny thumbnail? I've been looking for a larger version for 16 years. It's possible that it's only a part of a larger piece of art.

It's hard to tell from such a low-res image but It looks like Jacques-Louis Davis painted The Rocky Horror Picture Show in the same style as "The Death of Socrates" or "The Intervention of the Sabine Women."

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

This is a video request, but videos are naught but moving images so please don't ban me.

It's a very overweight lady making I think pasta salad or potato salad? She shares it as a recipe but it's just like a tub of mayo, ranch, shredded cheese and like three pieces of pasta/potato?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Olewithmilk posted:

This is a video request, but videos are naught but moving images so please don't ban me.

It's a very overweight lady making I think pasta salad or potato salad? She shares it as a recipe but it's just like a tub of mayo, ranch, shredded cheese and like three pieces of pasta/potato?

That sounds like Simply Sara

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW7dkv716GTmq_e1NXL0NvA

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Yes! Thank you:

https://youtu.be/u4zw99VsoMA

Do you remember the guy who used to cook awful food in a hovel? Masoic, or something?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

masaokis

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Amazing, thank you very much!

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Bit of an odd request. I don't remember if this is an image, or just a post somewhere, but someone once pointed out that someone else wrote a guide on gamefaqs.com and made every single line in that guide exactly the same number of characters. Since it is in a fix-width font, every line lines up perfectly. It was such a completely unnecessary thing to do. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Nebrilos posted:

Bit of an odd request. I don't remember if this is an image, or just a post somewhere, but someone once pointed out that someone else wrote a guide on gamefaqs.com and made every single line in that guide exactly the same number of characters. Since it is in a fix-width font, every line lines up perfectly. It was such a completely unnecessary thing to do. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

https://twitter.com/mattgemmell/status/1441497498573545478?lang=en

Might be a bit easier to read the thread from this link: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1441497498573545478.html

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Makes me think the misspellings are part of the thing?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

pik_d posted:

Makes me think the misspellings are part of the thing?

The misspellings are apparently consistent. For example, if you go to the link and ctrl+f "missile" you get zero results. If you ctrl+f "missle" you get 217 results. They weren't using strategic misspellings because they never spelled it right once.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

trapped mouse posted:

The misspellings are apparently consistent. For example, if you go to the link and ctrl+f "missile" you get zero results. If you ctrl+f "missle" you get 217 results. They weren't using strategic misspellings because they never spelled it right once.

Clearly they realized that misspelling missile 217 times was the perfect way to get it to work out

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
The fixed-width Super Metroid walkthrough is an amazing pain in the rear end to use in practice. It's just a straight shot narrative, e.g. if you miss a jump you have to scroll back up and figure out when you were last down there in prose.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I neglected to bookmark the others, but it’s not the only guide on the site that’s like that.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Anyone got on hand the Hades comic with the goon post about leaving the forums Togo to an off-shoot? Also, a link to the post itself if there's a chance.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Solar Tornado posted:

Anyone got on hand the Hades comic with the goon post about leaving the forums Togo to an off-shoot? Also, a link to the post itself if there's a chance.

When you ask for a link to the post do you mean the post that was being made fun of or the post containing the comic?

I got the post with the comic

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm looking for the full size original image without the Magic card:

GIS and Google Lens are failing me. I guess I don't know enough Garfield or Jim Davis deep lore to get the results I want.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I brought my Drake posted:

I'm looking for the full size original image without the Magic card:

GIS and Google Lens are failing me. I guess I don't know enough Garfield or Jim Davis deep lore to get the results I want.
The source image is from this tweet:
https://twitter.com/Funniestbunnie/status/1426640994577960962

You might be able to ask the person, since they seem to reference it though not mention it.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Ok I'm not sure if I've had a fever dream but I swear I've seen an illustration of I want to say a native american birthing scene where the father has his testicles tied to a rope that the mother pulls on to make the father feel the same pain she does but for the life of me I can not find it.
Am I insane, was this all in my head?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I'm remembering a comic where it was a Gauntlet reference with the announcer saying things like "Blue Wizard needs food badly" but ends with something like "Red Warrior needs sex badly" "(serously everyone can hear you in your bunk at night)" or something like that.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Google images is failing me, I'm looking for the image (I think I've only seen it in black & white) of two guys posing with their Ford trucks, kneeling in the grass, and the bug deflector on the big truck says "Can't Touch This"

Also the guys are nude but you can't see gens.

NVM found it:

Arcella has a new favorite as of 22:21 on May 5, 2022

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I am looking for a comic where someone gives a message and it gets passed up the chain of command, being changed a little each time and by the time it reaches the top, the message is the exact opposite of what was said originally. I think I have seen a software development version and a military version so it’s more a genre than a specific comic I’m looking for, please and thank you.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Sanford posted:

I am looking for a comic where someone gives a message and it gets passed up the chain of command, being changed a little each time and by the time it reaches the top, the message is the exact opposite of what was said originally. I think I have seen a software development version and a military version so it’s more a genre than a specific comic I’m looking for, please and thank you.

Google "telephone game comic" and I got a bunch of stuff you might be looking for

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
A maakies comic that is titled something like "vacation of the classes" which has a rich dude at a resort, a middle class in a private garden, and then uncle gabby sitting on a barrel of morning glory seeds hallucinating

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Not an image, but a scene from a movie or TV show.

It was a comedy and featured a bit with an old fashioned cop car driving around with its lights on, with the camera of the roof right behind the lights. Then the cop car left the road, went through some doors and started driving around inside a building. With the joke being, it's not really an actual car, just the cameraman carrying around a scale cop car.

I thought it was Police Squad or Naked Gun, but I can't find the clip by searching for them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Not an image, but a scene from a movie or TV show.

It was a comedy and featured a bit with an old fashioned cop car driving around with its lights on, with the camera of the roof right behind the lights. Then the cop car left the road, went through some doors and started driving around inside a building. With the joke being, it's not really an actual car, just the cameraman carrying around a scale cop car.

I thought it was Police Squad or Naked Gun, but I can't find the clip by searching for them.

You were right twice! It was Naked Gun (From The Files Of Police Squad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn-MlISDsNs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Thanks.

My lovely google fu failed me.