Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Is that the bridge of Freak On A Leash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Funny forum quotes: gently caress booty dick

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Sir Lemming posted:

Is that the bridge of Freak On A Leash?

I am very not happy with you right now, just so you know.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

does anyone have that quote that's the mashed potatoes recipe that is all 'clouds of my fathers, fluffy like a dream you can't wake from' and ends in MASH POTATES, ADD BUTTE R , LITTLE MILK'?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

sebmojo posted:

does anyone have that quote that's the mashed potatoes recipe that is all 'clouds of my fathers, fluffy like a dream you can't wake from' and ends in MASH POTATES, ADD BUTTE R , LITTLE MILK'?

Wasn't on SA: https://madlori.tumblr.com/post/134881787595/galpalactic-me-googles-how-to-mash-potatoes

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

sebmojo posted:

This one, I think?

quote:

me: *googles how to mash potatoes*

some food blogger: My childhood home was full of wind and light. On a brisk Autumn evening, it often felt as if the outside was in. My younger sister, my mother, our favourite cousin, our dog, our other dog, our dog’s sister, and I would sit on the floor in the living room for hours, lit only by the moon and candlelight

me: *scrolls for several minutes*

some food blogger: It was at that moment, with my tiny hands clasped tightly around a mason jar filled with fireflies, that I realised the true value of family. My dog and my dog’s sister came and sat quietly at my feet. We stared up at the sky together, and I felt truly connected to both the Earth at my feet and the ancestors who shared the blood that ran through them, for the first time realising that

me: *scrolls for several minutes*

some food blogger: and when we finally made it home, our cheeks flushed with laughter and cold, there were warm mashed potatoes waiting for us. I will always remember their fluffiness, perfectly mirroring the light feeling I carried with me for the entire next week. This is my favourite cousin’s recipe from that very day, modified slightly to not be loving awful. Boil an potato and smush it up with fork and botter. NOT A RAW, Salt, pepepr. In it

E:Thats what I get for wandering off to make coffee but I actually quoted the thing instead of a link so :colbert:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lmao it's still good

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

NOT A RAW is one of those things that will pop into my head at random and make me giggle like an idiot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The best potato meme since The Two Towers

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

haveblue posted:

The best potato meme since The Two Towers

I've seen a lot of 9/11 memes but I don't remember potatoes being part of any.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Lobok posted:

I've seen a lot of 9/11 memes but I don't remember potatoes being part of any.
"Boil 'em, mash 'em, fly a couple planes into 'em" doesn't ring any bells?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Jet fuel can't bake potatoes!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Can I get the Golden Corral repost?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

jaegerx posted:

Can I get the Golden Corral repost?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3749412&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post452402892

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Freaquency posted:

NOT A RAW is one of those things that will pop into my head at random and make me giggle like an idiot
:same:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

So I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little offended, I know actual clowns IRL, like personal friends who I drink with and smoke bud with. Who have a passion for being a clown, and actually have like registration numbers, and I think eggs but I never really asked because who wants to talk about work all the time?

It’s not just that being a clown is funny, but it’s timed and more importantly it’s consensual. My friends don’t try to run around throwing pies in the streets to get random laughs from strangers, because that’s just creepy and weird. There’s a social contract. Not only that, they have actual routines, they spend time learning and crafting something. Really creating a comedy act. Not all clowns are wearing makeup, but every clown is self-evident, and doesn’t have to announce themselves. Like there’s clowns on social media that talk about how sad they are that people are scared of clowns because they broke that social contract. There’s a whole clown community, and they have beefs and poo poo with scary clowns and funny clowns getting in like actual fights.

You’re literally doing a disservice to actual clowns.

Back to the self evidence thing, you can enter a room at any point, and immediately know who the “clown” is. You’re at a party? You’ll recognize them immediately, they won’t walk up and say “Hi I’m the funniest person in the room, honk honk you wanna see my penis?” They’ll just be charismatic and funny. You watch abbot and costello, you know who the clown is in the performance, even though they’re both acting together, one is recognizable as the clown, and the other the person in line.

Clowns don’t just get pissed on, they also play a part in a team effort. Being sad and pathetic is not what makes a clown funny, and it’s hosed up that you’re taking a job that is important and done because they legitimately want to make people happy and reducing them to your level of pity party.

Begging for negative attention doesn’t make you a clown. In fact if you don’t self reflect and learn about social interactions you’ll never manage to be a clown.

Paggliacci literally begins with a clown coming on stage and saying that he feels pity and sorrow just like any other person. You’re not supposed to laugh at this, you’re not supposed to be like “Hah what a stupid loving loser, I can’t wait to be a loser just like him.” When you find out that Paggliacci is a deeply jealous man who has pushed his wife away and ends the first act crying alone, you’re not supposed too be laughing at him. It’s the intense sorrow of a broken man who has realized that he will never be able to function normally in his relationship.

Trying to be a clown when he’s a deeply profoundly sad and pathetic person is what ultimately breaks him, and when he has to act out his insecurities in real life he suddenly kills his wife and his wife’s lover. You’re not supposed to aspire to be Paggliacci.

Your misunderstanding of a play is like your posting, it’s trite and insulting. Everyone sees through it, and it’s going to end with you realizing how broken you are.
Do not call yourself a clown. Clown’s are worthy of respect.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

thats actually a pretty good post

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ruggero Leoncavallo has people come up to him on the street and say "I am Pagliacci! That is my story!' And he'll be thinking: 'Sì, fantastico, puoi semplicemente tenerti lontano da me, non avvicinarti mai più finché vivrò'?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dareon posted:

Ruggero Leoncavallo has people come up to him on the street and say "I am Pagliacci! That is my story!' And he'll be thinking: 'Sì, fantastico, puoi semplicemente tenerti lontano da me, non avvicinarti mai più finché vivrò'?

Mamma mia!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Bust Rodd is a clown to clowns

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jabberlock posted:

Bust Rodd is a clown to clowns

he isn't, though, for the reasons detailed in that post

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Maybe there's a difference between clown and Clown.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Outrail posted:

Maybe there's a difference between clown and Clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCagepF_T4

"well I thought you were all real, genuine Clowns!"

(e: what the gently caress how do you timestamp from mobile. 8:40, do it yourself)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Killingyouguy! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCagepF_T4

"well I thought you were all real, genuine Clowns!"

(e: what the gently caress how do you timestamp from mobile. 8:40, do it yourself)

Christ that was bad

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

OWTLI posted:

the staggering number of irl loving weirdos/losers who post here is really cool (kliksf, whip, king of the gays, slowfuse, happy cat, etc)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Punishment Reason
:d:
This is a permabanned guy. Hey, what's up everyone? Been a while since I rapped at ya in the ol' banbox. I bet you're wondering if I'm gonna give you some dope new Dutch rap to check out. Well, you're in luck, because I am. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNMXSKfWfLQ WATSKEBURT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I wish I was cool enough to be a clown.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I am probably the only person who could slip on a banana peel without it being funny.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fun fact, banana peels were only a thing because it wasn't kosher to film horse poo poo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fun fact, banana peels were only a thing because it wasn't kosher to film horse poo poo

Nope.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

'Hey guys maybe we shouldn't just throw poo poo on the ground to rot' is Philip J. Fry 'The corner! Why didn't I think of that?' levels of human dumbassery. How did we make it this far?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah actually they will posted:

YosPos guy thinking harder than he's ever thought about anything before in his life: Sex is like... like... a computer

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

quote:

Theodore Roosevelt, then New York City’s chief of police, declared war on banana peels, and gave a public address to his captains and sergeants on “the bad habits of the banana skin, dwelling particularly on its tendency to toss people into the air and bring them down with terrific force on the hard pavement.”
This may have been a real quote but it is indistinguishable from a goon trying to describe exactly what happens in a cartoon

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

slam flanders posted:

Goldmined thread from 2004 with no recognizable posters, dead image links and endless versions of a permabanned guy named unskinnybob telling another poster to meet him in the helldump

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

From this thread

quote:

That's my sexual agenda. I will no doubt have sex with my wife in between tonight and tomorrow because it makes it seem really dirty to have sex with three woman in a 24 hour period and it's one of those steam achievements. Also they all know about all of this too and so everyone is consenting and happy to be on the polysex train.

Perhaps you mate should put a few minutes in with the ladies and self improvement and get a slice of action rather than your pathetic attempt at raining on my parade, which in the analogy is more like squirting the tv with a water gun

Classic advice from the reddit gbs thread "everyone is this story is 100 lbs heavier then you are imagining"

pentyne has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Apr 12, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno, I can imagine some pretty heavy people

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, I can imagine some pretty heavy people

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Reminds me of

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I'm 20% certain I've been to that location, and if it is the place I'm thinking of I can confirm that the site, the equipment, the trucks and especially the workers are indeed big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Evergreen