Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Strep Vote posted:

staff probably can't afford tests dum dum

the Help were probably all masked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tulip posted:

Roni Roommate took another test. Positive again. I'll schedule a tests in the next couple days to see if I've failed.

Just so people have the run down before I have those results, precautions taken before she pos'd - corsi cube in my bedroom, not sharing a lot of time in the common area but not especially cautious. Precautions taken since she pos'd - corsi cube in my bedroom, corsi cube in the one common room, masking ~18 hours a day in a secure click, and my bedroom is under positive pressure. Big obvious vulnerability is going to be the bathroom, as well as anything I carry from the common area into my bedroom (e.g. cooked meals).

If you get it, I doubt it’s going to be from going to the bathroom or bringing in food.

Like, yeah, your efforts aren’t absolute protection, but there are people behaving way worse in hospitals and hospitality and getting away with it.

Your real window of vulnerability is before she was tested.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

e^ she gets tested a lot for work, she has some sort of hosed up freelancing at private schools as an arts teacher for little kids, so being slightly pedantic it's more like the big vulnerability is the period when she had it but below detection levels. and yeah you're right that is by far the biggest vulnerability but it's also in the rear window

God Hole posted:

how is your roommate taking the amped-up precautions? you two on a similar wavelength?

one thing that amused me in the early days of the pandemic was how offended my old roommate got when i started masking in the common areas when he spent two weeks coughing up his lungs (just allergies)

both roommates are cool about it, they're actually very grateful about the corsi cube, might change when we get the electric bill lol

she's got a bit of a sense of humor about it, shouts out "plague rat comin' through" when she leaves her room, though i think she thinks i'm being a little ridiculous masking up in the common areas (she's in kn95 any time her door is open, which is good but even if she thinks its enough i don't)

we could be more organized about showers, since y'know we're unmasking for that. One roommate showers at like 7 and I'm biased toward the afternoon but I think we could still be better about making sure there's at least a few hours gap each time

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tulip posted:

both roommates are cool about it, they're actually very grateful about the corsi cube, might change when we get the electric bill lol

it’ll be fine even in ny it’s not that serious a hit

… he says having clocked a $300 bill for the month of March

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tulip posted:

The electric bill won’t be a huge shock.

Even with two inefficient fans on their maximum settings and very expensive electricity, it’s only like a dollar fifty per day, forty‐five for a full month.

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

imma put those dots in my mouth you can't stop me

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Marzzle posted:

is there a kf94 with a better seal than the posh kf94 on behealthyusa? I need a quality, well sealing kf94 to give out to people that don't like the wrap around elastic of my 3m auras. ladies with long hair friggin hate the aura bands and I thought the posh kf94 would be a good substitute but the seal is mega sketch

Sorry if someone already answered it but I have to ask, are they tightening the earloops? The Posh KF94s have a different setup than BOTN or Bluna, the ear loops have to be first tucked into a small, incredibly hard to see slit on the bottom edges of the mask. Then once through they can be pulled tighter and/or knotted so it doesn't slide back out again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huu7378euRA&t=210s <- should be at the part where he shows the earloop in the slit thingie.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NeonPunk posted:

Everybody's favorite furry to hate is now trying to throw shade on this thread's favorite buff immunologist Leonardi

https://mobile.twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1513526849313382402

I'm a furry and she needs to be loving stopped.

Despite appearances, there's a lot of poverty in furry communities, we're generally gay as hell, and I'm tired of hearing about dead acquaintances month after month.

It's hard enough when we pass the hat around for insulin. This is INSANITY.

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1513720632407732224?t=IOCRxIiXGZDx69oCkQ_Kpg&s=19

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1513723278497562626?t=Rj6MLf9SR1o6wS48fAZh5w&s=19

Potato Salad has issued a correction as of 05:34 on Apr 12, 2022

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I wonder how r/covid19positive has been lately:

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19positive/comments/u1h0nq/is_covid_getting_worse/ posted:

Is covid getting worse?

I genuinely can't tell what's going on anymore, everyone is running around acting like covid is dead meanwhile people are still catching it like crazy, people keep trying to say it'd just a rough cold but OH MY GOD it isn't, this poo poo completely knocked me and my husband on our at least so what healthy asses for two weeks now. We don't drink or smoke.

I think I'm just a little demoralized... we got the vaccine (phizer) a little later cause we were worried about health complications (husband was having heart issues) and we were complete and total hermits for two years, we only caught it in Feb of 2020 before quarantine and that was horrendous cause we did basically everything you could do wrong and didn't know what it was.

My point is I felt like the vaccine should have done more? I feel like it barely did anything to make it into this "meh cold" that we were promised, Husband hasn't even been back into the office that long, he was SO careful, constantly washing his hands etc. And now I'm just seeing so many people triple vaxxed and still getting it ROUGH... I'm really scared of permanent side effects and it feels like a roll of the dice each time we catch it? AND that some variants don't even give boosted immunity?

I donno, I feel like the media is so desperate to make things go back to normal one day and than casually reminding us it's deadly as gently caress the next, and I'm just mad that people who were allowed to work from home during this time are now being forced into a dangerous situation because jack off loving managers need to justify their pay and get their social.

Sorry I don't know if I should use the rant flair or if this is more of a vaccine discussion? I guess I'll put rant and I'll change it if someone thinks it should be otherwise

Edit: I got a little ramble-y so I'll try to refine what I'm trying to say, basically, is this new wave of covid way worse than normal? Cause it sure isn't just a "cold"
The narrative seems to be falling apart. Not great!

https://www.reddit.com/r/COVID19positive/comments/u1nm2i/when_to_hospitalize/ posted:

When to hospitalize?
Is there a standard of when to seek medical help outside of isolation? Like how severe does the chest pain need to be before going to the hospital?
:whitewater:

If you're having any amount of chest pain that should be a go directly to ER; do not pass go, do not collect $200

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was on the train today. The old guy next to me was dicknosing a kn or kf by having carefully folded it down. I just ignored it because at least he was wearing anything. Then the hacking coughs started.

I might have accidentally hit him with my bag fleeing to a different part of the train.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

unfortunately i need to collect the $200 before going to the er. maybe i can the next go around

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

lol cope weasel blocked me for liking pillowpants' tweet

that is some impressive fragility

Potato Salad posted:

I'm a furry and she needs to be loving stopped.

Despite appearances, there's a lot of poverty in furry communities, we're generally gay as hell, and I'm tired of hearing about dead acquaintances month after month.

It's hard enough when we pass the hat around for insulin. This is INSANITY.

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1513720632407732224?t=IOCRxIiXGZDx69oCkQ_Kpg&s=19

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1513723278497562626?t=Rj6MLf9SR1o6wS48fAZh5w&s=19

https://twitter.com/ToonyGoons/status/1513724253048381440?t=dW2av3fKQmqNETxoq0f0tA&s=19

good info that will fall on deaf & cartoonishly fluffy ears

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

lmao :same:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

good info that will fall on deaf & cartoonishly fluffy ears

someone many pages back suggested I see how fast I get blocked for being a contrarian, so I appreciate you stepping up to demonstrate to the class

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Grocery store did not have carrots. Never seen that before in my life.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Econ_Marshall/status/1512889994209202176

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I also got blocked by the covid furry but that's because I was gunning for it

https://twitter.com/NervousOwlSoap/status/1513731150983749640

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shiroc posted:

I also got blocked by the covid furry but that's because I was gunning for it

https://twitter.com/NervousOwlSoap/status/1513731150983749640

lol that deserves a follow

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Getting blocked is cool because it means that they read it.

Unless they’re well-funded and have a secretary to handle the plebes.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
please stop posting your own tweets, im begging you

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Solidarity might not exist in most of the Western world but this is a place where we can unite to share knowledge, provide support and come together to be mean to monsters on Twitter.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Realize that when you post your own tweets dunking on Chise you are also adding more Chise tweets to the thread.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Shiroc posted:

Solidarity might not exist in most of the Western world but this is a place where we can unite to share knowledge, provide support and come together to be mean to monsters on Twitter.

:blessed:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Realize that when you post your own tweets dunking on Chise you are also adding more Chise tweets to the thread.

amen

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

mawarannahr posted:

my partner also prefers earloop masks, though KN95s over KF94s. what are we going to do about people with beards and long hair? they love their hair so much.

I have long hair with long bangs and exclusively wear headband Powecom KN95s and 9210+ Auras 8 hours at work (desk and bench). I've even gotten better at braids and partial updos because it gives me more variation and they aren't messed up by the straps anymore than they get messed up from me being me :sparkles:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
“a pattern of making the wrong bets through the pandemic” is a very diplomatic way of putting it.

I wasn’t kidding when I said that if she was insisting vehemently that something was NOT the case, then by Costanza’sChise’s Law, that thing is NOT NOT the case.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

I used to do drawn commissions for furries back in the day and they are largely very sweet and generous people and I do not appreciate it when sweet people get hoodwinked by jerks.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So is Chise being paid to spread disinfo, or do they legitimately just enjoy murdering and maiming people?

EDIT: Is this a job or a hobby for them? Assassin or psychopath?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So is Chise being paid to spread disinfo, or do they legitimately just enjoy murdering and maiming people?

Furry Patreon.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

hobby into grift -- its all about the merch

e: oh poo poo, patreon too? no shame

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yes

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

when you're good at something(killing and maiming innocents via disinformation), never do it for free :unsmigghh:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
doing it for exposure (to covid)

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I used to do drawn commissions for furries back in the day and they are largely very sweet and generous people and I do not appreciate it when sweet people get hoodwinked by jerks.

yeah, I'm really pissed she's killing and maiming the people I care about who keep shoving her tweets in my face because they need her cope so bad

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
isn't chise just some stupid microbiologist? Do not loving trust people with incredibly specific skillsets that have nothing to do with clinical treatment of patients.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Asproigerosis posted:

isn't chise just some stupid microbiologist? Do not loving trust people with incredibly specific skillsets that have nothing to do with clinical treatment of patients.

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1425944573315006466

(She’s a molecular biologist.)

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1311929107760979968

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Also if anyone wasn't already aware, the entire shift from cases to hospitalizations was loving cosmic laser focused to make everyone forget covid exists. Now that covid wave is back again, nobody is going to know until it's way too late because hospitalizations are lagging and also there is minimal awareness etc.

Interestingly, guiding public health policies on hospitalizations is a great way to just let a disease spread freely because of the inherent lag time and the nature of covid itself not causing large amounts of hospital admissions.

Cool stuff, neato country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Asproigerosis posted:

Do not loving trust people with incredibly specific skillsets that have nothing to do with clinical treatment of patients.
It’s really standard for guru-grifter types to be experts about everything