Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

The Chad Jihad posted:

Someone is literally being stabbed in that picture

It looks like one of the energy tendrils might be going through them, but is it an actual physical stabbing? The energy tendrils don't look like what the Snarl looked like in the crayon flashbacks, and what they're doing to that guy doesn't look much like any of the Snarl-stabbings we saw in the crayon flashbacks.

The different look could just be a style difference, but the lack of claws seems a bit more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The snarl stuff is gonna be real cool to learn about in 10 years when the plot gets there

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

*100 years from now*

"I hope Rich's grandson is OK" - my children

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Vizuyos posted:

It looks like one of the energy tendrils might be going through them, but is it an actual physical stabbing? The energy tendrils don't look like what the Snarl looked like in the crayon flashbacks, and what they're doing to that guy doesn't look much like any of the Snarl-stabbings we saw in the crayon flashbacks.

The different look could just be a style difference, but the lack of claws seems a bit more important.

There's no "might be" about it, zoom in. It is 100% going straight through the torso of that guy. And aren't the crayon flashbacks explicitly inaccurate retellings? Maybe Shojo just visualized the stabbings with claws. If the snarl isn't supposed to be stabbing that soldier, then drawing one of the tendrils going straight through him is a very weird decision, especially when the tendrils stab people in all prior accounts. No blood, admittedly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Snarl unmakes people, it doesn't actually claw them like a wild animal

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Crayon Drawings are explicitly not 100% reliable.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Crayon Drawings are explicitly not 100% reliable.

They're much more reliable in real life, interestingly, especially in horror movies, or anything ever drawn by a child on the subject of dinosaurs.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ragnar34 posted:

They're much more reliable in real life, interestingly, especially in horror movies, or anything ever drawn by a child on the subject of dinosaurs.

I'm positive that Onfim spent his life slaying enemies from horseback :black101:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ironically posting goblins

https://twitter.com/CPHigson/status/1511432394154385411

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I sure hope Rich is OK.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

I don't get it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

THE BAR posted:

I don't get it.

it's radio, for goblins

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Preposterous!

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

"Skrinky skronky skree skraw" makes me think of jug band music played with dubstep instruments.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, that's one other remaining sticking point; the ritual they need specifically requires the Dark One's quiddity, and Redcloak is the only cleric of his that comes anywhere close to being able to contribute enough. They need Redcloak specifically for that, unless they find a way to enlist the Dark One directly, or another level 17 goblin cleric shows up at the eleventh hour.

Or, of course, they could enlist another deity with unique quiddity, none of which currently exist, but I still think the Fiends' ultimate goal is to try to recreate the conditions that led to the Dark One's apotheosis in order to create more evil gods who stand outside the three pantheons. That'd tie that subplot into the main plot, and would be a double dip if the mortal they wind up making a god ended up being one Belkar Bitterleaf.

Banjo, God of Puppets, would like a word via his high priest Elan.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oracle posted:

Elan can't cast level 9 cleric spells.

However his brother Giggles, the god of slapstick, is worshiped by a tribe of orcs. He might have a high level cleric as high priest. We can't prove that he doesn't.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Facebook Aunt posted:

Elan can't cast level 9 cleric spells.

However his brother Giggles, the god of slapstick, is worshiped by a tribe of orcs. He might have a high level cleric as high priest. We can't prove that he doesn't.

Also, he is a puppet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

sebmojo posted:

Also, he is a puppet.

Nothing in the rule books says a puppet can't be a god.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I think it depends on if Banjo is a lawful or chaotic God. There's a lot more leeway for chaotic priests.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

I think it depends on if Banjo is a lawful or chaotic God. There's a lot more leeway for chaotic priests.

This is a god created by Elan. Did you really need to ask?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Oracle posted:

He'll have northern quiddity since Odin approves

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
He could have a 5th quiddity like sepia since he comes out of bardic tradition

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

The X-man cometh posted:

He could have a 5th quiddity like sepia since he comes out of bardic tradition

If it was that easy the dark one wouldn't have been the first on all the many many worlds to have a new quiddity

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
How many new gods have appeared over the generations?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The X-man cometh posted:

Including demigods and such probably a fair number, but according to Thor TDO is the first one to ever ascend without the help of any existing pantheon, and presumably the gods don't have any particularly great theories of how that happened, since if they did they could probably engineer a situation that led to another.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

fool of sound posted:

Including demigods and such probably a fair number, but according to Thor TDO is the first one to ever ascend without the help of any existing pantheon, and presumably the gods don't have any particularly great theories of how that happened, since if they did they could probably engineer a situation that led to another.

their only knowledge of how it happened was this one and so their most likely move is to keep trying to recreate the circumstances but somehow not have the goblin god pissed off at them at the moment of ascendance

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
This probably leads to countless attempts where the gods try to engineer a scenario where the goblins are oppressed just enough to create a god, but not so much the god is hostile to them.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
If they just tinker the parameters their means testing enough, the gods can surely build a better society without having to deal with any icky guilt or self reflection.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

fool of sound posted:

If they engineered such a situation they would have helped them ascend!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They could make an isolated continent like Australia and put people on it and just don't tell them about any existing gods. Pretty good chance people there would eventually invent gods the way we did. Maybe leave some generic temple ruins and weathered beyond recognition idols scattered about to help kickstart religion.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Facebook Aunt posted:

They could make an isolated continent like Australia and put people on it and just don't tell them about any existing gods. Pretty good chance people there would eventually invent gods the way we did. Maybe leave some generic temple ruins and weathered beyond recognition idols scattered about to help kickstart religion.

Yes, but then you'd have Drop Bear worship... and can anyone survive that?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The X-man cometh posted:

Well there's Darkseid, Highfather, Orion, Lightray, Mister Miracle, Big Barda...

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Possibly Rabbit, being the Drop Bear's natural predator and all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

TheAceOfLungs posted:

Possibly Rabbit, being the Drop Bear's natural predator and all.

Can confirm

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

habeasdorkus posted:

Drop bears being simultaneously real and unreal would be the perfect addition to godly quiddities.

Also I thought Rich invented the word Quiddity. I didn't realize it was already real. Such a neat word. Although my spell checker doesnt think it's real and keeps autocorrecting to quidditch.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Donkringel posted:

Although my spell checker doesnt think it's real and keeps autocorrecting to quidditch.

Everyday we stray further and further from Banjo's light.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Donkringel posted:

Although my spell checker doesnt think it's real and keeps autocorrecting to quidditch.

the year is 2022 and i am screaming at my phone to read another book

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Odd thought, but does it feel sorta weird that the Northern pantheon keeps building dwarves as these things that live for 200 to 300 years when this is the first time they've ever had a world even make it to a 100 year anniversary and never even expected it to? Are they just going through the motions of optimism?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Caidin posted:

Odd thought, but does it feel sorta weird that the Northern pantheon keeps building dwarves as these things that live for 200 to 300 years when this is the first time they've ever had a world even make it to a 100 year anniversary and never even expected it to? Are they just going through the motions of optimism?

They get a couple thousand years out of each world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh geez, for some reason I thought it was way lower then that.

Still weird for like Dragons though right?