Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There is at least one boss you only get by going a certain story path

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Andrast posted:

I don't think you can get locked out of any boss

I think you lock yourself out of Palisudax if you don't get venereal hugs before end game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Why do comic books always bold random words

it must be because of "that"

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

it must be because of "that"

"that", huh? .... I see.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
you should only be able to highlight words if you're writing in iambic pentameter

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Let me know when the movies get to Sonic 2006

Starring Jimmy Fallon as Silver the Hedgehog

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

On gaming adjacent news:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/randy-pitchford-buys-the-magic-castle-the-most-unusual-private-club-in-the-world/#comment-jump

Dunno how I feel about this. On one hand, Pitchford has done professional magic, and is a lifetime member of the Magic Castle so better him than some hedge fund I guess. On the other, it's Randy loving Pitchford.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Known sexpest Randy Pitchford?

That Randy Pitchford?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I hope the Magic Castle gets preserved somehow!
*finger curls on monkey's paw*

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s kind of funny that Elden Ring names a dude the loving Dung Eater because besides the name the game is selling him pretty well as a mean, sick son of a bitch that I’m probably gonna have a bad time meeting but he’s literally called the Loathsome Dung Eater, like drat.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

It’s kind of funny that Elden Ring names a dude the loving Dung Eater because besides the name the game is selling him pretty well as a mean, sick son of a bitch that I’m probably gonna have a bad time meeting but he’s literally called the Loathsome Dung Eater, like drat.

My favorite lore theory is that he gave HIMSELF that name. And honestly, it makes total sense.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mode 7 posted:

I hope the Magic Castle gets preserved somehow!
*finger curls on monkey's paw*

Sex Cauldron? I thought they closed that place down.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Oh god, just read the linked LA Times article. Never mind, Pitchford and Magic Castle deserve each other.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Magic Fountain > Magic Castle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbhJ9c-pFoI

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Barudak posted:

I think you lock yourself out of Palisudax if you don't get venereal hugs before end game

Wrong dragon, but there is a dragon boss you can only do if you did Fia's quest yeah. Placidusax is the one chilling in Farum Azula so you can always go back and fight him if you want. You're thinking of Lichdragon Fortissax.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

Wrong dragon, but there is a dragon boss you can only do if you did Fia's quest yeah. Placidusax is the one chilling in Farum Azula so you can always go back and fight him if you want.

Yeah the dragon in question is Lichdragon Fortissax

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just lol if you're keeping names straight in Elden Ring.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I appreciate what they’re going for by having a ranni and a renna and a rennala, and a godrick and a Godfrey and a goddungeater, and a gwynevere and a Gwyn and a gwyndolen, but drat if it doesn’t confuse the hell out of me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I appreciate what they’re going for by having a ranni and a renna and a rennala, and a godrick and a Godfrey and a goddungeater, and a gwynevere and a Gwyn and a gwyndolen, but drat if it doesn’t confuse the hell out of me

You forgot all the Ms from the GRRM naming scheme

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

You just need to remember their full names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGM375qYhN0

It's easy.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Morgott and Margit and Mohg and OTHER Mohg and Melina and Malenia and Miranda and Space Lapras show up

Me: I don't even know who you are.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Harrow posted:

Wrong dragon, but there is a dragon boss you can only do if you did Fia's quest yeah. Placidusax is the one chilling in Farum Azula so you can always go back and fight him if you want. You're thinking of Lichdragon Fortissax.

Thank you, I had my dragon bosses I didn't fight mixed up.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PS5 has no games anymore

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1513869788707266569?s=20&t=_wnTzdM3zWwW2w0eMCTmog

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WTS 1x PS5

Never used

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

WTS 1x PS5

Never used

I will pay you 25% of MSRP less shipping. You never know if an AusPS5 is full of spiders or something.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rarity posted:

Let me know when the movies get to Sonic 2006

I thought we were not supposed to talk about such evil things?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The no-good nookie nibbler

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/VvisionsStudio/status/1513875152920100867?s=20&t=4aBX5kNntksimrMuHuv_cw

:negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mid 20s gaming dev
I hope I don't get bought

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, they were already owned by ActiBlizz, so this is more of a restructuring, but man.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who's that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crash N Sane Trilogy and Tony Hawk 1+2 were two of their most recent releases. They were mostly a port and licensed game studio, but they were drat good at what they did.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I've officially merged with Cappy. Sorry to everyone else.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Waffleman_ posted:

Crash N Sane Trilogy and Tony Hawk 1+2 were two of their most recent releases. They were mostly a port and licensed game studio, but they were drat good at what they did.

Activision didn't have a great year so they had their teams that made good games (Toys for Bob, Vicarious Visions) prop up their franchises that weren't doing too hot (Call of Duty, World of Warcraft respectively).

Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions both lost their CEOs since.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Maaaaan. Merged with one of the worst companies.. also yeah Fias quest i didnt do so when i went back she was gone so its like well poo poo i didnt do enough hugs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think you can break her quest, just at some point the game just acts like you did it and she moves to the later area you find her.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, none of the "different ending route" quests can be broken or truly missed. One of them even has extra dialogue for if you do things out of order or miss a step.

The thing with Fia's quest is that even if you do it "right" there's a part where there's just absolutely no indication of where to go to continue it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Planet Zoo is still receiving new updates. The wetlands animal pack came out this morning, and it adds Capybara's. :swoon:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah ok. Thanks yall. I did get locked out of Rivers of Blood though so next run for that: :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Planet Zoo is still receiving new updates. The wetlands animal pack came out this morning, and it adds Capybara's. :swoon:

Have they done a thing where you can merge Planet Zoo with Planet Coaster yet?