Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

so did he diarrhoea out that message or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's either this or a sudden plot reveal that Mookie is convinced Snout totally earned and worked for, but is actually super arbitrary.

Or comedy option "LUNA" again

It keeps happening.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ker-sigh.

Also, with the sacred feminine being used, this better not become TERFy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How many reused panels were in that comic? 5?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I think i can see the sacred goat hole in there

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Samovar posted:

Ker-sigh.

Also, with the sacred feminine being used, this better not become TERFy.

I wouldn't worry about this, mookie's too attached to his progressive credentials to fall down that rabbit hole, not in a public way in any case. If it turns out weird and cringe it's going to be out of ineptitude rather than malice.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

"If"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I dint think this will be intentionally TERF.

Accidentally, tho…

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Given Luna was rendered infertile and it didn't change her womanhood in the Deegan universe, I don't think Mookie would be using her femininity for TERF arguments.

Meanwhile, the cycle continues. I am legit thinking he's painted himself into a corner and is trying to come up with new ways to delay while he thinks of a way to progress the story.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Love Boghag's magical tits that change shape and size randomly

Why are they always naked? I think nudity is cool and good but WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS NAKED?!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

God this page makes me so loving uncomfortable. The mommy/baby vibes are overwhelming.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
ah, he successfully sought luna by having that vision and orcmommy telling him she's the spiral (renewal)

we will surely not get multiple diary entry pages of "what is the sacred feminine? what is the spiral? who is luna to dominic?"

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

She literally could have told him this at any time instead of loving around, apparently

Snout and co are apparently seeking knowledge that isn't hidden at all, just held by very annoying people

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
Every part of her body appears to have been drawn separately and then pasted together.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

I am legit thinking he's painted himself into a corner and is trying to come up with new ways to delay while he thinks of a way to progress the story.

We're three months away from three years of this comic and I think Mookie's still trying to figure out what the story even is. I don't think he thought of anything in advance at all. I think he sat down to write a sequel to his comic without a single thought as to what the plot was going to be.

Further, I think he's struggling to come up with a plot because because of his absolutely pathological avoidance of conflict, or even anything resembling deliberate action on the part of his protagonists. I have never seen anyone this committed to total and absolute unambitiousness.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 11, 2022

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Emrikol posted:

We're three months away from three years of this comic and I think Mookie's still trying to figure out what the story even is. I don't think he thought of anything in advance at all. I think he sat down to write a sequel to his comic without a single thought as to what the plot was going to be.

Further, I think he's struggling to come up with a plot because because of his absolutely pathological avoidance of conflict, or even anything resembling deliberate action on the part of his protagonists. I have never seen anyone this committed to total and absolute unambitiousness.

It's also really hard to tell a story when you have no dialog. Not impossible, but it takes a certain level of skill that Mookie doesn't have. And if you're trying to tell a story about a fantasy world with Orc Nazis and different kingdoms, that just adds to the complexity.

So because nobody can say anything, we get these comics filled with people awkwardly fumbling about until we get the next text dump. And all that does is kill the momentum because we have to reflect on what just happened so everyone knew what happened.

If Mookie abandoned his asinine experiment, he might be able to keep the story moving.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Given Luna was rendered infertile and it didn't change her womanhood in the Deegan universe, I don't think Mookie would be using her femininity for TERF arguments.

snout also tapped into his own "sacred feminine" despite having a dick so it seems unlikely terraciano's saying only cis women get to do that

if there is one thing i would give terraciano slight credit for, in the original run of dominic deegan he actually somewhat tried to interrogate his own disgust at cosmetic surgery (projected onto "alterists" and their patients) after learning the importance that surgery has to many trans people in
a later story arc. but not too much credit because that same arc still has a punchline of "but people who get cosmetic surgery or are into body alterations outside of the one case i consider acceptable are still huge weirdo freaks"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

If Mookie abandoned his asinine experiment, he might be able to keep the story moving.

The webcomic equivalent of doing all the sides quests while ignoring the main plot.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1513549445488689157?t=50AMX8FH5VazjS5YtJpbZQ&s=19

In all seriousness, did we?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tesseraction posted:

The webcomic equivalent of doing all the sides quests while ignoring the main plot.

No, this is the webcomic equivalent of that dude leveling Cloud and Barret up to 99 in the opening area.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"Who's Luna?"

"Luna is the Spiral Gate."

"Oh, ok."

Several hours later

"Wait, what the gently caress is the Spiral Gate?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

Love Boghag's magical tits that change shape and size randomly

Why are they always naked? I think nudity is cool and good but WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS NAKED?!

Because nudity is what art is!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Now do you think hes actually going to just ask her poo poo while theyre near each other or is he going to go back and write a big diary entry about all the stuff he should ask her before fumbling his way back in 10 pages and getting distracted again?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
So seek the teleportation gate to find Dominic.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 11, 2022

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Who's Luna?"

"Luna is the Spiral Gate."

"Oh, ok."

Several hours later

"Wait, what the gently caress is the Spiral Gate?

those several hours will be 3 months of do-nothing comic

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

No, this is the webcomic equivalent of that dude leveling Cloud and Barret up to 99 in the opening area.

Counterpoint: that dedication was impressive and he only showed us the final result.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I cannot overstate how much this comic makes me want to look up old Nuff Said comics. The famous GI Joe one with Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes is always a treat and conveys information with literally no text!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

so wait does that mean he's not looking for luna herself, he's on a hunt for pussy?

theyre gonna gently caress again arent they

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I for one can't wait for Snout to leave and write in his diary about how he wonders what Luna being the spiral gate means and that he should ask the chandak about Luna.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It's going to turn out that, after all of the visions and dreams and poo poo, Dominic is literally in a physical place that you can teleport to once you know about it. It's the only way that Snout can get there without having to actually acquire any special abilities of his own.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

I for one can't wait for Snout to leave and write in his diary about how he wonders what Luna being the spiral gate means and that he should ask the chandak about Luna.

He's also not going to bother to ask what her name is.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

To find Dominic, he has to pass through the spiral gate of the sacred feminine.

Guys it’s gonna be about unbirthing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So which artist has more naked contempt for their craft: Mookie or Tom Preston?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think Mookie loves his craft, but it's that creepy one sided love where the craft doesn't like him or really know he exists and he doesn't actually engage with it in any way, just the idea of it. He's a stalker, but for the entire medium of webcomics.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I agree that Mookie loves making comics, he just seems like he doesn't love making this comic. Someone brought up that he wishes he could keep doing Star Power so it's obvious he really liked that one, and if he continued he'd probably actually have plots and things happening and such. This feels like a side project he's just doing so he can say "Hey guys I'm sill relevant and making comics!" but he's doing it out of obligation while secretly wanting to find something better.

He also probably would be enjoying making this much more if he dropped the "no dialog thought/speech bubbles" restriction which would make the story he wants to tell easier and better (not saying it would be good, but it would be better), but I think he feels like if he drops that it would be admitting "I'm not good enough to do this" and he doesn't want to admit that.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I do not like the obvious connection between Snout being a gently caress-beast, the feminine spiral gate bridging the dreamscape, and Snout having mystical dream-visions whenever he's physically intimate with women.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Fister Roboto posted:

He's also not going to bother to ask what her name is.

Mookie will make this a running gag, to his own delight.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Emrikol posted:

I do not like the obvious connection between Snout being a gently caress-beast, the feminine spiral gate bridging the dreamscape, and Snout having mystical dream-visions whenever he's physically intimate with women.

it's ok he's being guided by the bogwitch mother figure who hosed him (which he's unable to resist) to make his journey more complicated or something

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Breetai posted:

So which artist has more naked contempt for their craft: Mookie or Tom Preston?

Preston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mookie may be bad but Preston/Dobson is a blight on art