Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

euphronius posted:

torontos guards and forwards could handle him even if he was healthy

sixers needed to play a team with a weak defensive link . harden can’t use a pnr to find a bad defensive player . it’s going to be a disaster

I could see a sweep honestly

the Phillies aren’t gonna save you and the sixers are winning in 6 after siakam does his playoffs implosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

torontos guards and forwards could handle him even if he was healthy

sixers needed to play a team with a weak defensive link . harden can’t use a pnr to find a bad defensive player . it’s going to be a disaster

I could see a sweep honestly

I could see it, but i believe in the new, healthier Joel this year. they're going to the ECF

I'm extremely prepared to be disappointed this year, though

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
it's possible harden just goes supernova in the series and philly wins it in 7. or toronto has a collapse becaues fred's knee is basically toast for the season and siakam eats an injury or something. I dunno, I love the 2019 NBA Champions, The Toronto Raptors, but the team is much less experienced than the 2019 championship team, and a lot of their regular season advantages (transition offense, offensive rebounding) may not translate to the post-season. the full starting lineup for the raptors hasn't played a lot together either and hasn't even been all that good. embiid and harden are also much better at getting to the line than anyone on the raptors, siakam doesn't get a ton of calls for a guy who is constantly going into the paint. he is playing his best basketball though and has solved all the issues that were affecting his game over the past few years. he's handling double and triple coverage effortlessly, it's just up to the rest of the team to hit their shots which can be an issue. not a lot of reliable shooting. at least the playoffs solve the lack of bench depth issue with the shorter rotation.

and nurse isn't a coach who is afraid of switching things up if they don't work.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i hope someone covers how cameroon is reacting to these playoffs. embiid is from the largest city in cameroon and pascal from the second largest and the two cities had a little rivalry going during the 2019 playoff series iirc. now the two best players on each team are from cameroon. that's pretty cool.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

wow this turned out to be wrong really early

it’s not easy to get it that wrong before it even started

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I think the Raptors win the series in 5 or 6 because Joel is a monster but the bench is wildly inconsistent. You're gonna be relying on at least two of Niang, Milton, and Korkmaz to get you 10-15 each game, unless BBall Paul gets out the mud and goes off for 25+ the other four starters consistently all end up with 15-25 a piece depending on how many points Joel puts up.

In short there are just too many "these things need to happen for the Sixers to win the series" which could go either way rather than being highly likely

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toronto is just going to o rebound all game and put up like 20 more shots than the sixers.

its not going to be close.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yes it will

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if I had confidence rivers would play Paul I’d say the sixers could win

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

do the sixers have any shot against Toronto ? I’m be supersized if they won one game

Don’t discount starting Danny Green and backup BBall Paul

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

doc is going to get fired after a game one loss and Sixers will win in 5.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

euphronius posted:

Toronto is just going to o rebound all game and put up like 20 more shots than the sixers.

its not going to be close.

when philly wins I don’t wanna hear you back on the bandwagon, you can watch guys chewing gum on the pitch

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's going to be great if the Nets get bounced tonight 👍

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe rivers should have played Paul for the past two months to get him valuable experience

god I can’t wait for him to be fired

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

no way, KD is gonna use his Special Attack and score 90 points on his own :suspense:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Don’t discount starting Danny Green and backup BBall Paul

yeah if Paul plays a lot it will be a lot better for the sixers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1513950301212053512?s=21&t=O3IPbJiGGirQ6-GKfNfOkw

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
cavs certainly made a game of it.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

ben’s mental health is about to take a huge tumble uh oh

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

euphronius posted:

yeah if Paul plays a lot it will be a lot better for the sixers

yeah as someone who saw DAJ on the Lakers: BBall Paul actually jumps, runs, and moves with life

But do you think Paul has this basketball IQ

https://twitter.com/shaqtin/status/1498171628647112704?s=20&t=YGnd_mDWTTPnHAMcS-euLg

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

skipmyseashells posted:

ben’s mental health is about to take a huge tumble uh oh

they've assigned blake griffin to follow him around and flick the back of his ear whenever he gets that sullen look on his face

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
apparently someone tried to glue their wrist to the court floor during the twolves/clippers game?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dreylad posted:

apparently someone tried to glue their wrist to the court floor during the twolves/clippers game?

never stop twin cities, never stop

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dreylad posted:

Animal rights protestor

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i play a lot of online chess instead of actually working, and for the past few weeks ive been asking everyone i play against “mj or lebron” and so far not one person has picked lebron

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well yeah

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i play a lot of online chess instead of actually working, and for the past few weeks ive been asking everyone i play against “mj or lebron” and so far not one person has picked lebron

MJxgoat#

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

LeBron

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

more rings
more iconic moments
better poo poo talk (on-court only)
not corny
two sport athlete
better space jam
not pushing charter schools
never busted a strike
didn’t institutionalize delonte West

MJ all day

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

more rings
more iconic moments
not corny
two sport athlete
better space jam
never busted a strike

MJ all day

yeah prior to the bubble I would have taken Lebron, but his behavior has been so shameful since that I’m going to become a Jordan backer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

more rings
more iconic moments
not corny
two sport athlete
better space jam
never busted a strike

MJ all day

Those last three are pretty damning.

He did though beat the biggest fraud in the NBA in the 2016 Finals which I will never forget.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Those last three are pretty damning.

He did though beat the biggest fraud in the NBA in the 2016 Finals which I will never forget.

four chances to beat the biggest fraud in the finals and he only managed it once, smh

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

more rings
more iconic moments
not corny
two sport athlete
better space jam
never busted a strike

MJ all day

The last 3 are the only ones I consider persuasive but lmao that Jordan, already known to be a massive piece of poo poo, doesn't have owner / class solidarity. He just is good enough at corporate PR to keep it out of the press, unlike LeBron who huffs his own PR farts

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Azathoth posted:

The last 3 are the only ones I consider persuasive but lmao that Jordan, already known to be a massive piece of poo poo, doesn't have owner / class solidarity. He just is good enough at corporate PR to keep it out of the press, unlike LeBron who huffs his own PR farts

yeah that goes into “isn’t corny.” he’s partnered with a brand that exploits the labor of poor children, he’s a monster. but he never tweeted a meme comparing covid to the common cold

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also didn’t LeBron get all quiet when Tamir Rice’s murder happened, dude is the corny GOAT

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
MJ is literally a billionaire, LeBron is just a knight of capital, you can decide for yourself whether from a class perspective you prefer the capitalist or the Pinkerton

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

four chances to beat the biggest fraud in the finals and he only managed it once, smh

losing to Durant is no slight

the first one was him and Delarova against Prime Iguodala. Lebron maybe should have won but .. eh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

LeBron is probably a billionaire by now, will definitely be one before he retires. just off nba salary he’ll have grossed like 400 million by the end of this contract. jersey sales, endorsements, Nike deal, his “charity,” other businesses (co-owner of Klutch) gotta at least double that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

more rings
more iconic moments
not corny
two sport athlete
better space jam